Kim So Yeon 김소연

larus

As a result of coverage from Ilgan Sports today (4/1), actresses Kim So Yeon and Jo Byung Gyu will be guest stars of the MBC program 'How Do You Play'.

202101041536479055_d.jpg

The two stars are currently on the rise through their respective dramas, Kim Soyeon through 'The Penthouse' and Jo Byung Gyu through the drama 'Uncanny Counter'. The episode featuring them will air on January 9.

Actors Kim So-yeon and Cho Byeong-gyu appear on MBC'What do you do when you play?'

It is a message that in 2021, we tried to find a new entertainment human infrastructure through the recommendation of several people, and the meeting was reached. In the case of Kim So-yeon and Cho Byeong-gyu, they are active not only in dramas, but also occasionally appearing in variety shows, so there is a wish that they often appear in variety shows to show their synergy. The process of meeting with Yoo Jae-seok is depicted as he communicates his intentions on this part. It is said that there is not yet concreteness in what direction this meeting can develop in the future. You can meet them through'What do you do if you play?', which will be broadcast on the 9th.

https://www.ytn.co.kr/_sn/0117_202101041536479055

http://isplus.live.joins.com/news/article/article.asp?total_id=23961544

Another article

Actors Kim So-yeon and Cho Byeong-gyu appear on MBC'What do you do when you play?'

764daf6a-2722-46ac-bcc7-0242919ebcab.jpg

On the 4th, a program official told YTN star, "Kim So-yeon and Cho Byeong-gyu appear in'What do you do when you play?'" and "Please check the details through the broadcast."

'What do you do if you play?' previously revealed a new special feature for the New Year, conveying Yoo Jae-seok's desire to create a new version of entertainment in 2021 through a trailer. Accordingly, they began to discover new entertainment infrastructure, and it is known that a meeting with them was established. I wonder what kind of wish Yoo Jae-seok, who was shining at the 2020 MBC Entertainment Awards, met with them and what answers the two actors would have given.

Related content can be seen through'What do you do when you play?', which will be broadcast on the 9th. Meanwhile, Kim So-yeon is currently performing a hot role in SBS's monthly drama'Penthouse', which boasts an audience rating in the mid-20% range. Cho Byeong-gyu is attracting attention through her first lead film, OCN's Weekend Play'Wonderful Rumors'.

https://m.hankookilbo.com/News/Read/A2021010416060001376

So yeon is invited to do more variety shows. I don`t know anything about this MBC program. It looks like the host  is Yoo Jae Seok. I am glad that he thought of So yeon and invited her to his program. I will look to see what kind of program it is.

Edit: I like the format. It is basically a chat with Yoo Jae Seok. In this program, he came up with the idea of the Refund Sister project. I heard about this part. I look forward to watch So yeon`s episode.

• Like 1

BTS pictures from SBS Drama Awards

Beautiful So yeon, preparing to enter the stage.

b9ad19f6d658cdc58deb70c6a90d6bc559ca3889

48ec8fc2aead0672b2cbaadd12a75d4eb3041d0a

e4b52aefc6f0c9d7092ecdacffa2ff5af475acb6

source

https://post.naver.com/viewer/postView.nhn?volumeNo=30387446&memberNo=2127174&vType=VERTICAL

• Like 1

BTS video Penthouse

Uhm Ki Joon and Bong Tae Gyu teasing So yeon? They mentioned her Running Men giggling? :lol:

ltPZdn.gif

I like to see Seo Jin and Ma Du gi`s scenes. They are funny together.

So yeon enjoying Ha Do Kwon`s singing. She is genuinely cheering him. :D

6sbKpU.gif

Spoiler

KMQp7O.gif

DeJNAi.gif

• Like 2

Kim So Yeon Grows Desperate In Front Of Lee Ji Ah In “The Penthouse”

88ce9ed038fd4fd08e57070280f14160.jpeg?s=

Jan 4, 2021
by S. P

SBS’s “The Penthouse” revealed new stills of Kim So Yeon and Lee Ji Ah ahead of tonight’s episode!

“The Penthouse” is set in a 100-floor luxury penthouse apartment and centers around three women: the “queen” of the penthouse Shim Soo Ryeon (Lee Ji Ah), the “prima donna” Chun Seo Jin (Kim So Yeon) who will stop at nothing to get what she wants, and Oh Yoon Hee (Eugene) who will do anything it takes to get into the world of high society.

Spoilers

Previously, as Shim Soo Ryeon and Logan Lee (Park Eun Suk) were carrying out their revenge against the members of the Hera Palace Club, viewers were left feeling refreshed when the crimes of Chun Seo Jin and Joo Dan Tae (Uhm Ki Joon) were exposed. However, Chun Seo Jin proved that she wouldn’t go down without a fight when she exclaimed as she was being arrested, “You think I’m going to step down like this? I’m Chun Seo Jin, the director of the Chung Ah Foundation.”

New stills show Shim Soo Ryeon seeking out Chun Seo Jin in her lesson room. Shim Soo Ryeon faces her with a dignified expression, but Chun Seo Jin shoots her an icy glare in return. In the midst of their tense confrontation, however, Chun Seo Jin creates a shocking turn of events as she drops to her knees in front of Shim Soo Ryeon. The desperation in her face and the sudden change in her character is making viewers curious about what could have happened during their encounter.

Kim-So-Yeon-Lee-Ji-Ah.jpg

Both Lee Ji Ah and Kim So Yeon are upping the immersive experience of the drama with their unique but convincing portrayals of motherly love. While filming the scene, the two actresses left a lasting impression on set as they poured all of their emotions into expressing their tragic motherly love through constant changes in their acting.

The drama’s production team commented, “As there are only two episodes left until the end of the first season, there will be big shifts in the characters’ relationships and situations. Please look forward to the completely unexpected plot twist in today’s episode.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1446875wpp/kim-so-yeon-grows-desperate-in-front-of-lee-ji-ah-in-the-penthouse

• Like 2

7 hours ago, larus said:

So yeon is invited to do more variety shows. I don`t know anything about this MBC program. It looks like the host  is Yoo Jae Seok. I am glad that he thought of So yeon and invited her to his program. I will look to see what kind of program it is.

Edit: I like the format. It is basically a chat with Yoo Jae Seok. In this program, he came up with the idea of the Refund Sister project. I heard about this part. I look forward to watch So yeon`s episode.

And SSAK3 as well. I've never watched any of the other episodes so i don't even really know what the original concept is lol. Anyway i am looking forward to her episode. I hope she will be a little more relaxed. Yoo Jae Suk is usually good at making people feel comfortable.

5 hours ago, Fabbo said:

And SSAK3 as well. I've never watched any of the other episodes so i don't even really know what the original concept is lol. Anyway i am looking forward to her episode. I hope she will be a little more relaxed. Yoo Jae Suk is usually good at making people feel comfortable.

I don`t know if she will be more relaxed. I know that she is anxious even when she is appearing on the red carpet. I think she will do fine eventually. Yoo Jae Suk has experience and knows how to run the show, to talk with the guests. Perhaps it is a new format, but I hope it is still a friendly discussion and not an attempt to put the guests in an awkard situation to get fun. I will trust Yoo Jae Suk to make a good variety show.

Kim So Yeon And Jo Byeong Gyu To Appear On “How Do You Play?”

3b0f5c68d9f342d4a7e7e24ab9dc6938.jpeg?s=

Jan 4, 2021
by J. K

Kim So Yeon of “The Penthouse” and Jo Byeong Gyu of “The Uncanny Counter” will appear on Yoo Jae Suk‘s popular variety show “How Do You Play?”!

On January 4, a source from the MBC show confirmed with Xportsnews that the two actors will make an appearance on the show, asking everyone to find out more details through the program itself.

The latest preview for “How Do You Play?” featured Yoo Jae Suk sharing that in 2021 he wants to bring together both new and familiar faces from variety entertainment.

Kim So Yeon and Jo Byeong Gyu will reportedly appear in the January 9 episode of the show.

“How Do You Play?” is a program led by producing director Kim Tae Ho that features Yoo Jae Suk taking on various projects. It recently won the Program of the Year award at the 2020 MBC Entertainment Awards, with Yoo Jae Suk taking home the Daesang (Grand Prize).

https://www.soompi.com/article/1446950wpp/kim-so-yeon-and-jo-byeong-gyu-to-appear-on-how-do-you-play

BTW, I watched Penthouse tonight. I skipped a little but I decided to watch the major scenes because I read that there is a major twist.  The episode was grotesque and ridiculous. I can`t believe that I come back to watch this show. Shame on me. I feel stupid now. I decided to not watch So Yeon`s scene the next seasons. I will post the articles about So yeon and hope that she will have good scenes that will show her talent. But, I am tired to watch the same nonsense all over again, with much more craziness.

I don`t know why the writer did not write just one season and get away from this. What a cheap plot! To write convoluted twists doesn't require talent.  I started to laugh when the police found the picture with family picture with Yoon hee`s face. Then it became obvious that Joo Dan Tae used Yoon Hee from the beginning. I bet Seo jin was aware of that plan all along. :lol: I won`t be surprised that we`ll find out soon that Seo Jin killed Su Ryun. No, I bet on it. That was their plan. What a surprise!  NOT. It is obvious. 

Guess what... I already know who the mother of the twins is. Of course it is Lee Ji Ah playing the role. Su Ryun died but welcome another woman (with the same face) to get over the revenge against Dan tae and Seo Jin. And voila. The conflict continues.  And Yoon Hee like a stupid heroine confessed the crime she did not commit (for the lack of brain that became a clichee from these kind of shows) just to come back later to ....wait a minute... to take revenge as well. And not forget that people wants Su Ryun to appear alive next season . Seriously? She pretends to be resurected Su Ryun?  I am tired of these over the top situations. It will be more screaming and crazy scenes.  Does anyone fall by the writer`s tricks? Did you really believe all these revelations that Kim Sun Ok give the audience in season 1?  I say enough. I feel just sorry that I have to pass to see So yeon on a drama. :tears:

Seo Jin called someone to help her. I think it will appear another character in season 2. A powerful relative? Or she called Jo Dan Tae? And miraculosly, everything will get in its place for another round.  I am curious who will be but not even that curiosity will make me watch CrazyHouse 2.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Fabbo said:

Haha she had some great scenes last episode though. 

Maybe she will have in other episodes good scenes as well. That`s my only consolation. The production (no matter how luxurious might look) is behind other good productions that are being  taken seriously in the industry. I even thought that she lost the grand prize because of her type of drama but maybe they thought she could be nominated again this year. It doesn`t matter anymore. To be honest, the other drama had a better story, better production, better performance. 

I wish So yeon well. She already has gained admiration for her acting as the villaness. If my assumptions are corect and Seo Jin  is behind the plan along with Joo Dan tae, she will became the most hated villaness to date. Seo Jin makes everyone (with a few exceptions) to hate her but she is a memorable character. I can`t stand to watch the same over the top nonsense all over again. I reached my limit. I hate the genre with a passion.  I am sad as her fan that I could not enjoy her drama. But I don`t count. I am glad that others like this drama and she is gaining recognition.

So yeon`s thoughts at the end of Penthouse season 1

4518c832ccc3e093050b9a15af8cbb3e7f3d0c10

Kim So-yeon, who played the role of Cheon Seo-jin, who showed disparate maternal love to pass on her own honor and power to her daughter, with overwhelming expression, said, "It seems like yesterday that I was excited after receiving the script for the first time. “I feel like I've grown deeper with the'Penthouse' team, perhaps because of the difficult times of the year. I want to express my gratitude for the work I made with all the hardships and passions of the viewers,” he said.

In addition, "Chun Seo-jin committed a lot of evil deeds, but as an actor Kim So-yeon, I was happy to show many appearances through the character of Cheon Seo-jin. Above all, I was really grateful for the support of the viewers and I gained a lot of strength. I want to do my best, but the parts I lacked while watching the broadcast remain in my mind. Currently, I am shooting Penthouse Season 2 and season 3 remains, so I want to fill in the insufficient parts and show the viewers in a better shape." Showed. In addition, for Season 2, "I received the script and are working hard on an amazing story. Please look forward to it."

http://digitalchosun.dizzo.com/site/data/html_dir/2021/01/05/2021010580227.html

Yes, it is space for improvement so I will be glad if So yeon will play Seo Jin even better.

• Like 1

Are you the villain of'Penthouse'?” Kim So-yeon, extreme elegance with a black dress

222YHVAODPJWSQMD2LV7DWPMB4.jpg

Actor Kim So-yeon expressed his gratitude to the viewers. Kim So-yeon, who received the Best Acting Award for the drama “Penthouse,” at the “2020 SBS Drama Awards” held at the end of last year, posted several photos on her Instagram on the 5th, saying “Thank you”.

PRVSM3AMLJDDEEC2ACXWCONMZA.jpg

In the released photo, Kim So-yeon is taking an authentication photo with a large bouquet and a trophy, and a black dress that reveals one shoulder reveals both sexy and elegant charm. In particular, Kim So-yeon expressed her gratitude once again by inserting the phrase "Thank you very much for such a good and precious award, and thank you more for the love of'Penthouse'." Meanwhile, the SBS drama “Penthouse,” where Kim So-yeon is starring, is set to its final episode on the 5th (today), and is currently shooting Season 2.

https://www.chosun.com/entertainments/entertain_photo/2021/01/05/RFAJSXYZ3UJKXEBFUI2LPJQCAU/

So Yeon`s instagram update

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJp1JvUAPrt/

• Like 1

Gifs

Seo Jin (Kim So yeon)

ab015111c7fca5f0c6f0a2e4b0b9f85d96807256

source https://gall.dcinside.com/board/view/?id=kimsoyeon&no=35515&page=1

Spoiler

_Yzj2O.gif

Cheon So Jin is not easy defeated. Memorable villainess. I can`t believe nobody is suspecting her to be in kahoots with Joo Dan tae. Everybody forgot how the writer trolls everyone with her fake scenes?  :lol: Don`t subestimate Cheon Seo jin.

nM3pLh.gif

Stills

003d8e5e7a3380e19cad822dbe3bc49caf0e157f

Spoiler

81ebaf1b66bdb0fbd71780fd5508cbbf48efeb9e

bcb8bc8a85c6a61be151ab3a0cdf3e7a32ed7056

8ece9d614f1ef6abf3aa073aca9edcb779575b25

8b3b8796b00f605636d3fa5e07cc62d76877a513

5647d420f07763a353261567ee8423bdf6207ec6

9393dcdff65d68d259236b88c2a4908f072f3fbc

8ad5261d0d6424f1927e1a9d2e363901a6f5e35f

74d40a9d94f25834225ea2f2b7cf1932f1f19835

b3ab2589f0ab2d8daee86a7a752945db817e1d63

OK. I was half right. Seo Jin was an accomplice. Once again, Joo Dan Tae is the brain of the master evil.  Seo Jin is the weakest link from this alliance because she is emotional. Jo Dan Tae is using her for his plan.  He can get rid of her easy if she will became a burden. The next seasons it will be how she will get crazy completly?

Y4ni2i.gif

That`s how this makjang drama keeps people hooked for another 24 episodes. They want to see these two down very bad. :w00t: Ridiculous. It is the same drama all over again. Thank God I won`t be watching.

pB2EIi.gif

A few more gifs

Spoiler

8kkQai.gif

UcsKwt.gif

So Yeon`s selfie with Lee Ji Ah from the SBS Drama awards

b9034db06eb0122b5a39ac6748403e7293945010

Source Lee Ji Ah`s instagram https://www.instagram.com/p/CJqt7gintmF/

So Yeon made a short comment on the picture and there are over 60 responses/reactions at her comment from Lee Ji Ah`s fans. .

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJquNVShj7Q/

I saw this picture before some time ago. I was wondering when she will wear that outfit. It was in the last episode.

c39d01dcddadf3b6c749e6c56f3567cf57459de9

More

Spoiler

e4c71e634053b4bbef3c510fa7bdb0193810ddcdd8e0fd0300e5a3490a992bc6c26473eb83ce4aa2

• Like 1

“The Penthouse” Cast Shares Thoughts As 1st Season Ends + Talks About Filming Next Season

5c670886c19243b29e50371c4ecd0514.jpeg?s=

Jan 5, 2021
by J. K

The stars of SBS’s “The Penthouse” shared their thoughts on wrapping up the first season!

[...]

Kim So Yeon shared, “I feel like it was just a day or two ago that I was nervously excited when I received the script for the first time, but we’re already ending season one, so it doesn’t feel real. I felt closer to the ‘The Penthouse’ team, maybe because we went through the difficult period of 2020 together. I want to express my gratitude to all the viewers for loving this project that we all worked hard and passionately on.”

She continued, “Cheon Seo Jin did many evil things, but as an actor, I was happy to be able to show many different sides through the character Cheon Seo Jin. More than anything, I was really grateful for all the support from our viewers and it encouraged me. I always try to do my best, but I have regrets over some parts when I watch the show. Currently, we’re filming ‘The Penthouse’ season 2 and there’s season 3 after that, so I want to improve those parts where I’m lacking and show a better version of myself to the viewers.”

Kim So Yeon also shared about the second season, “I received the script and got reenergized by the surprising story, and we’re filming now. Please look forward to it a lot.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1447169wpp/the-penthouse-cast-shares-thoughts-as-1st-season-ends-talks-about-filming-next-season

• Like 1

“The Penthouse” Scores Title Of Most Buzzworthy Drama For 6th Week In A Row

Jan 6, 2021
by J. K

SBS’s “The Penthouse” continues its reign as the most buzzworthy drama!

In addition, six of the stars from “The Penthouse” made the Top 10 ranking for most buzzworthy cast members during the week.

1. Eugene (“The Penthouse”)
2. Lee Ji Ah (“The Penthouse”)
3. Shin Hye Sun (“Mr. Queen”)
4. Park Eun Suk (“The Penthouse”)
5. Kim So Yeon (“The Penthouse”)
6. Kim Jung Hyun (“Mr. Queen”)
7. Uhm Ki Joon (“The Penthouse”)
8. Jo Byeong Gyu (“The Uncanny Counter”)
9. Jo Soo Min (“The Penthouse”)
10. Shin Se Kyung (JTBC’s “Run On”)

buzzworthy-drama-2.jpg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1447288wpp/the-penthouse-scores-title-of-most-buzzworthy-drama-for-6th-week-in-a-row

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Nyein Chan said:

While CSJ isn't exactly the best character for our KSY, I'm glad the drama exposes her to media attention, and hopefully she gets to starr in better projects and her stardom growsm

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Indubitably, Cheon So Jin is the most famous character of So Yeon. She had media attention and I also hope that she will receive better projects. We know that they tend to give the actors similar offers when they make a success but So yeon always makes sure she plays diverse roles. But enough with makjang dramas. We know that not always they have better drama productions but really wish So yeon to be lucky and get good offers.

I don`t regret that So Yeon made Cheon Seo Jin but I really don`t like and don`t see the reason that there are more than one season of this drama. I hope people won`t be tired to see all over again the same "crazy acting". I doubt that there will be a difference in the evolution of this character. It will be more dramatic, more craziness to be shown but basically it will be the same. More screaming, more hysteria, more craziness. Fingers crossed that So yeon`s character will have more to offer, something we did not see in season 1. I doubt that but ...fingers crossed.  

• Like 1