[drama 2008] Robbers 불한당

Guest o-cha

can someone tell me how to insert the soft sub into the episode 1 and 2. i dl the vobsub program that was suggested on WITH S2 wiki dl page but it doesnt seem to convert. so what am i missing? i already dl the ental avi files and then dl the soft sub from d addict . what am i doing wrong? thanks for your help in advance.

PM me if you still need help. When I was watching Coffee Prince someone in the thread recommended:

http://www.gomplayer.com/main.html - GOM player changed my life.

BACK ON TOPIC:

RE: Dalrae's memories of her late husband and the way she found out,

it makes me think of those tiny, tiny dried out sponge dinosaurs that we used to get as kids.

You put them in a glass of water and they "magically" grow bigger and bigger...

Her grief strikes me as being "under control" like one of those tiny dried out sponges.

So when Oh Joon is telling his fake sob story - though she doesn't know it's not real -

her voiceover is an impassioned plea -

please don't tell me this. (she's thinking....)

i struggle with my own massive grief -

She's pleading with herself not to hear his story..

as though.....one tear drop - just onedrop of moisture will make it all explode - like one of those dried out sponges.

This actress portrays "heartbroken" to a whole new level.

Kudos to her.

Change topic:

the stiff blind date...while he was at work eating lunch at his desk..

I fell off of my chair when he was taking phone calls at the office.

One call business.

One call his father, and withOUT a beat - he starts YELLING answers to his dad, with NO change of expression..

Brilliant!

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hahaha..o-cha, we're all shallow when it comes to cute guys. :lol:

Btw, I read somewhere that the girl who played the doctor..the one Oh Joon was supposed to be running away from. Her name's So Yuh Jin.. she played a small role in a drama called Run Away from the Sunlight or sumthing.. Jang Hyuk was also in the drama.

Do you mean "Into the Sunlight" (1999) with Kim Hyun Joo, Kim Ha Neul, and Cha Tae Hyun? I have fond memories of that drama. It's coming out on DVD soon, but I'm wondering if it's still as good as my rosy memories recall.

Guest yodisbsteve

hmm im suprised by the low ratings...i thought it was a really promising show. hopefully they'll get the ratings up so they wont cut the show short.

Shirley, thanks for the wonderful spoilers...you know I love spoilers since I rarely watch dramas in full mode, unless it's summer break, lol. I just like to say that I really REALLY like the relationship Jin Dal Rae has with her mother-in-law...they are so close that it just amazes me, since we rarely see such a relationship in k-dramas. So I like this new "concept" (ha!) that this drama is throwing in. It was sad to see Jin Dal Rae fall sick and faint...even her mother-in-law already knew that Dal Rae was going to get ill, although Dal Rae told her mother-in-law that she was fine. Mothers knows best! (Dal Rae gets very sick once every year when it gets close to her husband's death day, so her mother-in-law knows what to expect when that time arrives). And did anyone else think it was so cute when Soondae came running over to her mom and grandma to be included in their hugging moment? Aww~~~hehe. And also, that Kim Jin Gu guy cracks me up...I can't believe he was talking so formally with Soondae, she's a child for crying out loud! But I guess that's what makes me like this guy...he makes me laugh without trying to be funny at all, unbelievable!

School started for me on Tuesday and so far...I'm taking it quite slow (since it's the first week)...that is why I was able to watch ep.3, yay! I hope it can be the same tomorrow as well. But next week and onward...it's going to be a different story, wah! But I just like to thank all of you who have contributed to this thread by posting up spoilers, pictures, previews, links, great and in-depth discussions...etc. It's going to help me keep up with this drama (and other k-dramas as well) even without watching it religiously, so I really appreciate it! You gals (and guys?) rock! :)

^^yes . the three little women in the family are so close . oh. so that why she suffering ..because it is near her husband's death day . :tears: i missed out writing abt that part of the mother in law and dal rae ..it was heartwarming .to see how these two women become like mother and daughter . i think dal rae is orphaned .hence she has no one else apart from her mother in law as an elder . and they share same love for same man .as a son and husband ..sob*

BACK ON TOPIC:

RE: Dalrae's memories of her late husband and the way she found out,

it makes me think of those tiny, tiny dried out sponge dinosaurs that we used to get as kids.

You put them in a glass of water and they "magically" grow bigger and bigger...

Her grief strikes me as being "under control" like one of those tiny dried out sponges.

So when Oh Joon is telling his fake sob story - though she doesn't know it's not real -

her voiceover is an impassioned plea -

please don't tell me this. (she's thinking....)

i struggle with my own massive grief -

She's pleading with herself not to hear his story..

as though.....one tear drop - just onedrop of moisture will make it all explode - like one of those dried out sponges.

Change topic:

the stiff blind date...while he was at work eating lunch at his desk..

I fell off of my chair when he was taking phone calls at the office.

One call business.

One call his father, and withOUT a beat - he starts YELLING answers to his dad, with NO change of expression..

Brilliant!

like i mentioned ..this sudden departure is more torment .because .she never get to see him for the last time . everything like how she said it ..suddenly disappeared ...one minute he was alive and breathing .. the next he is just gone . she cant afford to hear another story about such death . because she has already enough to handle with her own grief ..once you let her come near another such grief ..it will unlock whatever she trying to control

*nod* to that call conversation between jin gu and his dad lol he just swifty change from vol 2 to vol 9 just like that .

Do you mean "Into the Sunlight" (1999) with Kim Hyun Joo, Kim Ha Neul, and Cha Tae Hyun? I have fond memories of that drama. It's coming out on DVD soon, but I'm wondering if it's still as good as my rosy memories recall.

lol .gosh that drama is nearly 8 years old ... .it will be pretty good old school drama should we watch it again now . i think she was the sister of cha tae hyun in that drama wasnt she . ., that rich family girl .who despised Kim Hyun Joo . !! and she was in some other family drama i watch .i used to rem she has this wild clurly permed hair ..--;;

Guest xo_Tiramisu

^absolutely agree with you..

i am loving this drama so even if the ratings are low.....i will keep watching!

currently downloading ep. 3...........can't wait to watch!!!

Guest lilyrose

lilyrose : unfortunately I don't know how to hide images here in soompi. I did a test run putting the images in a spoiler tag but they still show up. I guess people can put a big spoiler warning for the pictures or maybe for the ones that are very spoiler-ish to just post the links instead of the image? I don't know..hehehe.

o-cha, thank you for your gracious response. I think--based on another site I frequent--a spoiler code has to be installed. I think this is an invisionfree supported site (the format tells me that it is), and their help forum has codes. But only admins of this board can get the spoiler tags. edit: oh, spoiler codes are there. I guess they don't work. Your suggestion of posting links makes sense to me as well. More than anything, thank you for considering my suggestion.

On to Ep 3: I am stunned that the ratings for this drama is so low. It is so unfortunate. Episode three is yet another amazing mix of fantastic character development, layered storytelling, exquisite acting from the two leads, and just plain good narrative.'

[*I don't tend to cry but the entire sequence of Jin Dal Rae's dream of her husband returning to her being held in Oh Joon's arms made me weep. The entire scene was shot so beautifully, right down to Oh Joon noticing bare foot Dal Rae.

I also love how unrelenting the story arc of Oh Joon's desperation is. His character could have been given a more smooth casanova style, with the need for money and the thugs breathing down his neck given a lighter note. But by highlighting just how dire his life is, the drama gives his character so much depth. I wanted to hug him when he sat on the bench scrolling through numbers to call. He is such a lonely man--just like Dal Rae. I can't wait for the two to fall in love b/c they seem like two wounded people just aching to fill each other. *)

:blush: I am going to go check out everything with Jang Hyuk. He is just such an impressive actor.

I wonder if the low ratings have anything to do with his marriage/baby. Maybe fans are not into him b/c of that? If that is a factor, it's a pity b/c this is one great role he is playing, and playing it well.

can someone tell me how to insert the soft sub into the episode 1 and 2. i dl the vobsub program that was suggested on WITH S2 wiki dl page but it doesnt seem to convert. so what am i missing? i already dl the ental avi files and then dl the soft sub from d addict . what am i doing wrong? thanks for your help in advance.

depending on what player you are using, you often have to load in the soft subs yourself, even with bsplayer you have to sometimes. They say for the subs to auto load they have to be in the same folder and the same name as the video you are playing.

programs like bsplayer and gomplayer have the option of loading in a soft sub and even changing the timing if they are a little off, changing the postion the size and so forth of the softsub too. So check the options in your player to see if you can manually

load up your soft sub, if you can not see it try bsplayer or gom player

esp 4 preview i hope this is accurate preview .--;;

..from what i read ...oh joon saw that money exchange girl went to the bookstore to look for jin dal rae ..he painc and pressed the fire alarm!! lol . that girl told oh joon she loved him .oh joon warned her not to go look for dal rae again . dal rae told oh joon not to come look for her anymore. just at this moment , the money lender call oh joon . he pretend to speak into the phone as if he is trying to buy a coffee cafe . which make dal rae interested in his conversation [ ee evil man .knows about her wish of opening a coffee cafe ! ] . oh joon feels dal rae starting to take his biat .

translated from sina.com

http://ent.sina.com.cn/v/2008-01-10/10231869499.shtml

Guest yodisbsteve

^absolutely agree with you..

i am loving this drama so even if the ratings are low.....i will keep watching!

currently downloading ep. 3...........can't wait to watch!!!

i think thats the same with most people, cause i know ill keep watching. but if there arent enough viewers arent watching, networks will pull the plug.

hmm im suprised by the low ratings...i thought it was a really promising show. hopefully they'll get the ratings up so they wont cut the show short.

I am not surprised from the reactions I get from my mums. They adored JH in Thank You. I mean, loved him to death!! When I showed them Ep 1 & 2, they absolutely refused to watch the rest as they have this romantised idea of JH and to see him less then his macho self, they somewhat refuse to tarnish that image. One of them said it gave them goose bumps (in disgust) watching him that way and from what I hear of the ahjumahs (ok, what's the equivalent to obachan in Korean? Hal mo nee? ) power in Korea, they can wield a severe blow to ratings!

Guest imogene_af

purpletiger – Aw, school could be really hectic, but we all really appreciate your translations and your inputs.

Pity about the ratings, I noticed the shows last night did not really do as well as last week’s? Maybe there was something happening that led the viewers not to focus as much on the three dramas.

Spoilery Review again--- not blatant, but still a warning. You may want to skip.

Weakness In Me

Tonight’s episode showed the real weaknesses and great flaws of our characters. The last episodes showed us these imperfections simply as another dynamic in each of them, just like in every human being. In this one it shows us how truly damaging their weaknesses are.

The episode is slower than the usual; it is not as snazzy with the inter-cuts and moments when the editing was a bit weak, especially in the Oh-Joon and gangster moments. We did not have the trademark “Honey” song playing as Kwon Oh Joon will show his smooth side. Jin Dal Rae did not give us much of her naïve and quirky ways. Despite this there was one thing that remained vital in this episode---- we were given the taste of the melodrama. And it’s not what you may think.

In the last episode, Jin Dal Rae gave us a glimpse that underneath her overly jovial and bizarre actions lays a bleeding heart with so much staggering pain.

In this episode we are doused with her pain. She still goes back five years ago, the day she got the news of her husband’s freak accident and sudden passing. It is as if she could still feel the cold, wet snow on her heels and the tears just streaming down her cheeks.

This character, I believe has not truly, truly mourned. Mourn enough for it to finally set in. She seems to be still back where she was five years ago, waiting for the doorbell to ring and for the right person to finally face her.

Her suffering is part of her, so much so for her to get sick every time her husband’s death anniversary comes. One moment she gives ghost jokes, plays aeroplane, or shoots popcorn out of her nose, next moment, once she has to face herself, her eyes are always half-brim in controlled tears.

I mentioned in an earlier review, Dal Rae seems to be someone contented and clinging on to whatever she has right now. Someone seemed afraid of a sudden change. I could not really blame her because the jolt of something that is “sudden” has been cruel to her. Just based on her harrowing experience, anything sudden has been heart-breaking.

6ya4bh2.png

So, someone who just suddenly barges into her life, all Don Simpatico, spontaneous, and unplanned like Oh Joon, gives her an uneasy shock. He brought up one rehearsed story, and something in her spews out. Oh Joon is unfamiliar territory she is a bit weary of.

Of course, Oh-Joon is such a scumbag, a jerk, a plague to be avoided and quarantined. He is the lowest kind of miscreant. He has a story in handy for all of his charades. Every tactic is clumsily calculated for his preys.

This is a man who’ll sweet-talk you and sleep with you, just because he has no other place to stay in. A man who calls the female lead, “$30,000”… Oh, the romance of it all.

But somehow, I am pretty drawn to this anti-hero. Jang Hyuk plays him with such a dangerous mix of heart, charm, angst, and arrogance.

I should stay away from Oh-Joon, because he will probably milk me out of my bank account like a desperate matron and sugar mommy, once he reads this.

In all seriousness, in this episode they did not sugar coat his swindling and player lifestyle… we were given a true glimpse of how dark his character really could be. In the past episodes it’s often shown as almost harmless fun and bouts of comedy. This one we saw how much of downward spiral and self-destructive life he is getting himself into. He hurts himself and he hurts others. It is not a life one can be proud of. What face can he show, really? He continues on with his life wearing different masks to hide such a fragile man within.

6ljompw.png

Like, Lilyrose, I wait with anticipation for the inevitable, for the two wounded souls to fall in love.

The best scenes for me in this episode were the ones the two lead characters shared. When in Dal Rae’s delirium she relived that day from five years ago again. In a fevered despair she hurriedly runs down the stairs, thrashing around, and finally she opened the gate… only to see Oh Joon’s serious face in front of her.

This whole scene continues to haunt me. Every thing from the score (BEAUTIFUL music), the lingering shots, and the chemistry worked very well.

The way Lee Da Hae portrayed Dal Rae’s pain from the strongly suppressed to the unbearable kind was done so in such a way that seizes you. You just felt Dal Rae in that moment. I also liked how she was child-like at the scene in the book store when she was thinking of Oh Joon’s words. May I dare say this is her best portrayal to date? So far, I see a far more mature performer in her take on Jin Dal Rae.

Another scene was when Oh Joon stroked Dal Rae’s hair out of her face. Here he was standing there, tissue up his nostril looking silly as hell. Not to mention, the pallid Dal Rae just laying there. What could be seen as a rather awkward or humorous scene came over me as one very romantic scene. In a brief moment, a real part of him started to long for her.

6nqyr0h.png

8fbs38g.png

Of course, there are scene stealers and heart warming moments between the in-laws and our favorite Soon-Dae. This child is amazing! Her scene with the straight-laced and self-conscious Jin Gu had me laughing endlessly.

I also laughed at how Oh Joon was chasing over Man Doo like a wife yelling at her husband. One thing the writer is good at is maintaining the wit and the smart humor in his script.

It becomes more evident at every episode. This drama does not revolve on a whole lot of intricate plot devices; it is moved by the characters and the inner demons they have. This may work for or against their favor. Some may say nothing much is happening, or will turn on to say, this is predictable. I tend to like it this way, they have a way of making something cliché and twisting it to have a very human feel to it. That even in their weakness, I come to love them. I just hope they maintain this and not wallow us too much in "boob tube despair" because that is betraying the human quality of this drama.

On to Ep 3: I am stunned that the ratings for this drama is so low. It is so unfortunate. Episode three is yet another amazing mix of fantastic character development, layered storytelling, exquisite acting from the two leads, and just plain good narrative.'

[*I don't tend to cry but the entire sequence of Jin Dal Rae's dream of her husband returning to her being held in Oh Joon's arms made me weep. The entire scene was shot so beautifully, right down to Oh Joon noticing bare foot Dal Rae.

I also love how unrelenting the story arc of Oh Joon's desperation is. His character could have been given a more smooth casanova style, with the need for money and the thugs breathing down his neck given a lighter note. But by highlighting just how dire his life is, the drama gives his character so much depth. I wanted to hug him when he sat on the bench scrolling through numbers to call. He is such a lonely man--just like Dal Rae. I can't wait for the two to fall in love b/c they seem like two wounded people just aching to fill each other. *)

:blush: I am going to go check out everything with Jang Hyuk. He is just such an impressive actor.

I wonder if the low ratings have anything to do with his marriage/baby. Maybe fans are not into him b/c of that? If that is a factor, it's a pity b/c this is one great role he is playing, and playing it well.

lilyrose,

two wounded people just aching to fill each other

..I love the way you put it in words,I think this really is what the drama is about. :tears: It's going to be very hard and trying,probably full of pain road ahead but they won't be able to avoid it anyway cuz it's what they are meant to do.And yeah,I wondered about that recent announcement of his upcoming marriage/fatherhood being a factor too..I mean could it?Thank You was so well-received and it wasn't too long ago.Jang Hyuk's just getting better and not much has changed,except for that.I really wish it isn't too,cuz that would just be too sad. :(

i think thats the same with most people, cause i know ill keep watching. but if there arent enough viewers arent watching, networks will pull the plug.

I agree,and we do not want to that to happen! :sweatingbullets:

Edit:

One of them said it gave them goose bumps (in disgust) watching him that way and from what I hear of the ahjumahs (ok, what's the equivalent to obachan in Korean? Hal mo nee? ) power in Korea, they can wield a severe blow to ratings!

Thanks annchong for your insights,so that is possible too.The power of Ahjummas viewers.. :phew:

thanks shirley for ep.4 preview! :)

and oohh..imogene_af has written!^^

Guest pinklily

episode 3 ended in the same spot it began...except the second time around, Oh Joon got the response he wanted. ^^ that smirk of his...really lol ^^

sometimes i can't tell if Oh Joon is acting or not (I don't mean Jang Hyuk playing Oh Joon, but Oh Joon playing the sensitive, caring Oh Joon)...he honestly does it so well, so i can understand how these women find themselves easily falling prey to him. like in the last scene of episode 3...when he comes into the bookstore to look for Dal Rae. Dal Rae is hiding from him, but she still peaks to see if he's there. i guess she was touched by how desolate he looked...coming to the store to look for her and yet not finding her. poor Dal Rae was fooled...or was she? ^^;; you see i'm not sure, because i could've sworn Oh Joon did see her peaking out...and so he was smart enough to put on that act. <--- that's what i think, but the way the scene was shot, i can't be sure if he did see her. he even keeps up with the whole somber act all the way til he's back at that place where they were sitting before (w/ the piano and everything). he even does a good job acting surprise when he turns back to see she had followed him. i THINK it's all an act...i think i know better...but he does it sooooo well! for a minute, i was very convinced! poor Dal Rae...she may finally be falling into his trap? T_T

lilyrose,

i think this episode made me cry more than 2. episode 3 had a relatively more serious tone i think...which, for anyone reading this, please don't be scared off by it...i thought the humor was still well balanced here (Jin Goo and his father...Jin Goo and Yoo Jin!

:lol:)...just that, the story is gradually unraveling more of the serious sides of some of these characters....which i appreciate for the depth it's bringing to these characters and their circumstances. i admit that i don't quite understand Oh Joon's character just yet...and i think that's just due to the fact that i don't understand what originally led him to go astray. how did he come to owe these men so much money...why can't he find a legitimate source of living, rather than conning these women? (money is one thing, but of their heart...after watching the scene of him and Yoon Ah(?...the airport money-exchange girl)...i realize now that the reality of it is too cruel). he seems to love and care for his sister deeply...his action says otherwise...but i think the Oh Joon that was running away in that scene was the true Oh Joon hurting...of what? that's also unclear. so then, shouldn't he have empathy for the hearts of other women? i'm sure there is a reason for all this...and i'm sure it will all reveal itself in due time...but as it is now, it's hard for me to sympathize with Oh Joon's circumstances. poor Man Doo has stuck by with him for so long...that scene between the two of them in the bathroom also had me teared up...i wish i understood what they were saying. i felt bad for the both of them...i know Oh Joon deserves all this crap...and Man Doo none of it...but Oh Joon's change of expression (i thought Jang Hyuk nailed this scene...i was really touched even though i was angry with him)...from anger to that one tear drop...means somewhere deep down, he's hurting just as much...losing his only friend. he has no one else does he? why can't he find his way back on track...what's keeping him from it?...that i want to know too. but even with all this uncertainty about his character...i still sense hope in him...it's hard to explain...^^;;

Sandy...

so happy to see you here! *hugs* i cried most during that scene of the 2 of them, mother and daughter...having their heart to heart moment. their bond is really REALLY one of the most surprising things about this drama. again, i wish i understood their conversation...but just watching them both in tears...holding on to one another...mother trying to be strong for daughter...daughter trying to comfort mother?...neither able to contain their grief. they live on...but with a painful void in their hearts. poor Yoo Jin...or perhaps...lucky Yoo Jin...she is too young to know (she probaby doesn't know...or at least understand)...even more reason for the two women to try and stay strong for her...keep her away from such sadness.

in a way i think...why can't it just be the three of them? just like Dal Rae said...all they have are eachother...and why can't it stay that way? they've suffered so much pain already...i can't stand the thought of Oh Joon coming into their lives...breaking Dal Rae's heart yet again. and Jin Goo? he hardly has the emotional capacity for himself.

no, i know it can't just stay the three of them...because it has stayed the three of them, and yet that painful void still remains. but...is there no other way to heal, other than to hurt some more?

you know, they would have been such a lovely family...mother, husband and wife...and child. that thought just makes me hurt all over again...husband and wife are so in love, mother thinks of daughter as her own...and a child on the way T_T why???

i don't want to speculate since i'm not very good at it...however, this is me hoping...

Dal Rae says that she wants to save a life every five years...it's been fives years, perhaps the life that she will save is Oh Joon's...either literally, or helping him to find his heart again.

i also can't explain it...but i'm left with a sense of hope. just a good feeling somehow, even after crying my eyes out. ^^

thank you shirley for your detailed summary, and the preview to episode 4...and thank you Erenah dear for all your spoilers. i really appreciate you both staying up (or is it in the same time zone for you?) to watch it and then sharing all the details here. ^_^

this may or may not be the fan-girl in me talking...i like to think it's not ^^;;, but i thnk Da Hae is settling into her character quite well...that's very evident in this episode i feel. ^^

LOL! Well, I'm one of the ahajumah and I was little disappointed with his character in Robbers after watching Thank You which is one of my all time favorite drama. It is different seeing Jang Hyuk is non-macho character and little disappointing but I love love-comedy dramas so I'm really enjoying it and looking forward to your upload.

Thank you so much for uploading for us every week.

P.S. I think I read somewhere that it's stay-at-home housewives and ahjumahs who are the main people that drives the ratings so if they are not watching it, the rating will be low.

I am not surprised from the reactions I get from my mums. They adored JH in Thank You. I mean, loved him to death!! When I showed them Ep 1 & 2, they absolutely refused to watch the rest as they have this romantised idea of JH and to see him less then his macho self, they somewhat refuse to tarnish that image. One of them said it gave them goose bumps (in disgust) watching him that way and from what I hear of the ahjumahs (ok, what's the equivalent to obachan in Korean? Hal mo nee? ) power in Korea, they can wield a severe blow to ratings!

nay .even with single digit ratings .drama goes on ..just depend on how long the esp are plan .they dun pull the plug .

i am puzzled at times why ahjumahs are often quoted as reason for poor ratings ..well ya the mothers hold the remote control at home but .....considering what was the rival stations drama er ..NEW HEART [medicial drama has an edge with its theme .and New heart is doing okay despite there are some flaws here and there ] ..and Hong GIl Dong [ it is deemed as to be a change from the norm fusion .so people might want to try it out . .]

. .the reason for the ratings are probably ..there are strong competitors in this time slot ..people want a change from melodrama .they have other choices .available .

Guest chiahooi

o-cha chinggu..thank you for your translations. :D

It made more sense altho I was able to get the gist of what they were saying by their actions and gestures.

Yea..Robber(s) sounds a bit weird and un-fitting to the drama. Cos technically Jang Hyuk's not a robber..

Well but probably they wanted to imply that JH's somebody who robs off women's money deceitfully, and in turn comes a woman who robs his heart..(sorry for the lame interpretation..hehehe), hence the title for drama.

About the genre of the drama, I'm also not very sure at the moment. Cos from the interview clip itself, I can't seem to sense any melodramatic feel to it. But I'm not gonna pass judgment on that first..If you remember the drama Sang Doo, it was quite funny in the beginning, but later it turned a bit melo. So my take on this drama's that it most probably will be a lot lighter and fun in the beginning, and later it will become sad..typical korean drama that is.. heehehe..

No offence taken I'm sure. Both LDW and JH are different type of actors I think.. I personally think JH is a more refined actor (altho I love LDW hehehe). Altho he's not the cute or handsome type, he has this undefined aura and screen presence which can keep you glued onto the screen. Of course, it would need a good script to make that too..but I believe in Jang Hyuk's ability, that he will be able to deliver spledidly, and hopefully, he will be able to breakthru his already SO SUPERB performance in Thank You.

Ya! I totally agree that JH is a different type of actor, I wait him so long for the new release of drama, haha! Aja JH! And I like LDH also, although many ppl say she overdo in My Girl, but I think she is 'an actress' that play to cheat sometimes, so, a little bit of overdo is OK for me. LDH fighting also!

I just finished watching eps 3...so as expected I have a lot of comments....lol

Episode 3 is definitely much more serious than eps 1 and 2...which is probably the way it should be...it's about time we the viewers get to see more of the characters. I feel a little sad after watching this episode...I guess I feel sorry for the characters. :tears:

Oh Joon is a bad man...not just bad but downright scum of the earth bad. But amidst all his flaws I can't help but feel for him. He is such an imperfect man and he knows it. He hates the fact that he cheats women off their money (as seen in his scene with his sister on eps 1) as his profession but at the same time he embraces his profession (infact he's proud of his ability at times). He doesn't just use women, he even uses his best friend Man Doo. Normally I'd hate a character like Oh Joon but somehow I'm drawn to Oh Joon. When he fought with Man Doo I felt for him. I commend Man Doo for not tolerating with Oh Joon anymore but at the same time I feel Oh Joon's anger. The way I see it Oh Joon is angry because he is disappointed. I think he is disappointed that Man Doo turned his back on him. All these years he always has that 1 person he can count on...Man Doo. Man Doo's act made him angry because in his mind Man Doo turned his back on him only because of a little amount of money.

Dal Rae's character has definitely gotten a lot more complex. We can see underneath the cheerful exterior lies a woman in pain. She puts up a strong exterior in front of her daughter but in her weakest moment she can no longer hold the tears in. Other than more depth to Dal Rae, I'm glad the writer is also exploring the relationship btwn Dal Rae and her mother in law even more. The scene of the 2 hugging and crying in the kitchen just breaks my heart. Here they are 2 strong women crying together. They know there is nothing they can do to alleviate the pain caused by the loss of a loved one...but at the very least they still have each other now.

My favorite moments of the episode:

-Jin Goo and Soon Dae at the house. This has got to be one of the funniest 'awkward scene' that I've ever seen. I love how serious Jin Goo is. He's using polite speech to talk to a 5-year-old. Kim Jung Tae is really showing his acting skills here. Jin Goo can be a very dull character but KJT brought life to Jin goo. Soon Dae is absolutely adorable. She acts so naturally...and she is super cute.....I just want to take her home and adopt her :lol:

-Soon Seom (mother-in-law) yelling at the ggangpae. She knows that they are gangster/ex-gangster yet she has the guts to yell at them to tell them to change their lives.

-The few tender moments btwn Oh Joon and Dal Rae. Like imogene pointed out the hospital scene could've been turned into a comedy scene but instead it became such a romantic moment. The way Oh Joon caressed Dal Rae's face --- beautiful scene.

So what's next to come? Seems like Dal Rae has started to fall for Oh Joon without her even knowing it.....

pinklily : oooohh good point! I wish the same thing that

Dal Rae will save Oh Joon's life. Even though it may not be his actual life..but at least his soul?? Maybe she can make him be at peace?

imogene_af : chinggu...I love your insights on this episode. About the story being predictable--- say so what if the storyline is kindda predictable? most stories are predictable...

Someone once said to me "The most important thing is not the destination rather it's the journey that makes is worthwhile."

That's my whole point of view on watching dramas...we probably know how it's going to turn out...so the most important thing is to enjoy the development of the story.

lilyrose : yes...totally agree with you. Oh Joon could've been a real cassanova..

living a happy life yet this drama focuses more on his character...how bad he actually is and how sad his life truly is. I love what you said about Oh Joon and Dal Rae as two wounded souls just aching to fill each other...

annchong : interesting...there might be some truth to it...lol. Ahjummas aren't ready to let go of the cool Dr Min.... BTW thanks for the HQ link.

Archived