[drama 2008] Robbers 불한당

Guest o-cha

I only caught bits and pieces of eppie 4 today,but I really liked

the part when OJ and DR were doing meditation together,and then did OJ's stomach growled?

:lol: Soo not smooth..and then the two of them just laughed and then they bumped their heads together i think..that was funny+cute.And then MD trying to hold the sobs in,and then bursting out,omg..lols..poor guy.

The kiss..it looked as if OJ was rather transfixed by the sight of DR's face when he did that :wub: ..was it a spontaneous reaction on his side?or is it another one of OJ The Scoundrel's tricks? :sweatingbullets: ah~~so curious..now I have to wait another week to find out!

Naa he farted. Koreans seem to be obsessed with toilet humor. No drama without it.

Should be added to the list that includes piggybacking, removing phone batteries etc.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Naa he farted. Koreans seem to be obsessed with toilet humor. No drama without it.

Should be added to the list that includes piggybacking, removing phone batteries etc.

omg..thats what that was? *rotfl* i didnt expect that to happen in the scene. LOL..toilet humour fixation?

:sweatingbullets: thanks binaa2 for clarifying. :)

I only caught bits and pieces of eppie 4 today,but I really liked

the part when OJ and DR were doing meditation together,and then did OJ's stomach growled?

:lol: Soo not smooth..and then the two of them just laughed and then they bumped their heads together i think..that was funny+cute.And then MD trying to hold the sobs in,and then bursting out,omg..lols..poor guy.

actually i thought he ...

fart

..lol but the scene was done as if they were not acting but ..caught in a NG ..it feel very comfy between them...so causally like friends ...

er i try to do a short summary .to avoid much spoilers -;

dal rae and oh joon met at the bookstore . she was really nice to him after he had saved her in a way taking her to the hospital . *it was quite amusing to know now then she asked for his name ..*and thank him for sending him to the hospital . now oh joon dun call her by kim dal rae si .i think i heard him call her dal rae si .*

up at the bookstore , Yoon Ah (the money exchange girl ) had saw the diary that oh joon leave behind. and she come to the bookstore to look for the JIN DAL RAE wriiten on his list . .OH joon saw her coming ..and was caught by surprise .He had to think of a scheme to prevent her from meeting Dal Rae..Just when Yoon Ah was right infront of Dal Rae . THE FIRE ALARM sound . * oh joon had pressed the alarm * .so everyone had to leave the building . During which , Oh joon pulled Yoon Ah away .

Oh Joon now put on a different mask . one that put fear and disgust in woman of existence of such men . after spending the night at her house . he had learnt how broke this woman is . she has no money. no savings at all .she even went through a period where she had thoughts of killing herself .but now meeting oh joon oppa ..she has hope to live on . NOw the same oh joon oppa .is cruelly and brutually telling her ..he has not much use of her ..since she has no money . .yoon ah .stared at the transformation of her oh joon obba .

.again she is a victim. no matter how she say she love him ...it was not taken with much graduitue ..he doesnt need love . he need the money for which she has none . .she even hold on to his leg to beg him not to leave ...tsk .when a man turned cruel .it is painful to watch .a woman tears for such a man .

i think today esp editing was abit .hm..not smooth .somehow the scenes come out to me abit random .not sure if because i dun really get completely what was hapening

1. oh joon was together with Dal rae in her car . they were sort of caught in a traffic jam . dal rae spotted a coffee cafe right beside the road i think . and stopped over .Oh joon thought she wanted coffee but she was asking the ahjuma about .how much it costs and what you need to set up a cafe like that .etc .. .and that why oh joon heard of her plans of opening a cafe

2.actually they were on their way to a place which dal rae wanted to show oh joon * okay i am not sure what this place is .but er it seem to be a yoga or maybe something related to spiritual --;;....they had to climb up the stairs .lol no lift ?!! ..OH Joon was asking ! . the place was empty ...er i am not sure how related is dal rae to this place she can open and go in .

what she want to show oh joon was how to do meditation * i have thought er she was trying to find a way for him to speak to his * sister * she even asked for the name --;;;...!! ....but then it doesnt seem so ..all they did was breathe in and breathe out ..which ..oh joon breathe more then air out .lol

3. Kim Jin Gu is facing a deadline for his departure to a job in Wall street . he need to give an answer if he is going . but there are issues he need to resolve between him and his father .which require a wedding so he had no choice but to call up Dal Rae again . i think he need to apolosize to Little soondae before dal rae will want to speak more with him . lol so he had to talk to soondae over the phone to apolozise but er i think he really cant speak to kids. in the end ..he had to prastice *flying at his backyard *

4. Mr gangster ..wanted to meet with mother in law ..i dun know if he was waiting for her but she didnt turned up ..lol then come quite a classic scene .

5. Mandoo ..was weeping and choking in tears eating his ramen .and thinking of his *best Friend * ...tsk ..you are just too soft hearted ..but there is something that bonds them ..they had been through alot

6. ONce oh joon know of Dal Rae plan to open a cafe . * he seek the help of the money lender and asked him to call him on his mobile * .. he pretend he was speaking to someone abt opening a cafe .which require 30 million won . it was all infront of Dal Rae ..she was instantly interested . now he had her . ..it was him avoding her calls now ....when she wanted ot find out more

eventually they did met up .OH joon always manage to put on such an impressive show that no one will doubt he is not from the famous and successful club . So Dal Rae was completely quite taken by probably an apporunity to make her dream come true ..

THEN at the resturant ..when they were dining ..* this part really tickled me into laughter not the both of them but old mr kim ..his JIN DAL RAE !! ...he was at the same resturant and he spotted her and in his usual loud voice . he had called JIN DAL RAE!! ....lol which make dal rae run upon hearing her name . ..oh joon wasnt even sure what was happening ..

mr kim send his asisstant to get Dal rae ..which she refuse to follow him back to the table with mr kim ..--;; then there was a tug of war between the assistant and oh joon .over dal rae at the lift ...* ..and oh joon did a swift punch and make the man let go of dal rae arms * ......*dal rae was appalled at his use of violence ! .ARE YOU A GANGSTER ! .he was abit offended being labelled a gangster WHEN HE was trying to save her !

.lol but soon dal rae change her tone after she rem she need him ..for his cafe ..

er so out they went together again . i cant rem why they end up at the park for meditation.* oh i think the office was locked * anyway ....er while she was closing her eyes and breathing in and out ..expecting him to be the same ...he was just watching her ....spellbound somehow ..* hmm seriously i think it was pure male kwon oh joon that is memerised ..not the con man kwon oh joon * ...he shift near ...and place a kiss on her lips .

oh then...the lights on the tree light up .* sorrie that was to me abit like ...do we have to have this too *@@*

end

RE: EP. 4

I'd like to add a little bit about what we learned about Kim Jin Goo ssi.

First - he's been offered a fancy job on Wall St. and the American Business man (reminded me of LOBBYISTS - these bad Americans hired to act because the LOOK American)

But Jin Goo ssi's English wasn't THAT bad - and he looked a bit sad today -

He wouldn't tell the Wall St. man why he couldn't give him an answer in 4 minutes...

but in a voice over, we hear his father saying something to him...

The question of moving to Wall St. seemed to motivate him to resolve the issue of marriage to Jin Dal Rae -

to the extent that he calls her on her mobile (while she is marketing with mother-in-law and child)

after one brief conversation, he calls back and the little daughter answers and asks who's calling -

he once AGAIN gives a FORMAL introduction to her - just a very priceless scene of phones in that scene...

We see Jin Goo ssi at home with his dad - he piggybacks him to bed - they have back n' forth conversation about the temperature in the room - a few adjustments of bed covers and thermostats.....and JG leaves his dad to his own room.

It's there he pulls out from the very back his desk drawer some "half - photos" (because the other person has been cut out) and he is in traditional dress and also in a TUX) one is lead to assume they are wedding photos.

It is the next day that he goes into their yard and tries to learn "how to fly" for SOONDAE.

His efforts until his "flying epiphany" are hilarious - but upon seeing an overhead plane taking off - from INCHEON I would guess - even the music changes - and his face changes - and just like Peter Pan and the Lost boys -

he is "flying" in his mind - even the broom seems to tremble as it comes to life for him ----

CUT to his dad and driver coming home - and "poof" !! the moment is gone

======

Of course if I am speaking of Jin Goo ssi -

I must mention the fact that Oh Joon conned a car dealer out of a gift certificate for a free meal at a fancy restaurant -

Oh Joon eats his steak like an aristocrat and JinDalrae pushes hers around on the plate and then finally cuts the steak into 2 or 3 HUGE pieces and pops them in her mouth and masticates the meat like she's a cow!!

Totally undignified - but you sense that it's not because she doesn't KNOW better - she's just not really interested in the meal....

UNTIL -----from across the room, we hear the BOOMING VOICE of Grandpa (Jin Goo ssi's dad) calling out her name...her face is hysterical as she dives under the table to hide from him - HE SHOUTS AGAIN...JINDALRAE!!!!!! She crawls out of the restaurant running away -only to have Grandpa's driver catch up to her - He holds her arm insisting that she come with him to see the old man - she keeps trying to get away - and finally backs toward the elevator where.....Oh Joon is waiting... He reaches out - grabs her other arm - pulls her into the elevator and pushes the buttom for the door to close- When the driver reaches in - Oh Joon punches him in the nose and the driver falls back as the doors to the elevator close - This prompts Jin Dal Rae to ask him if HE IS A GANGSTER --- lots of oh mo mo's - as he denies being a gangster -

nazznen, thank you for the link, but I am unable to access wangja's clubbox. I clicked on the link, but I got this:

파일 목록을 보실 수 있는 권한이 없습니다.

이 파일목록은 회원등급이 준회원 이상이신 분들만 보실 수 있습니다.

등급 조정 관련 문의는 박스 시삽에게 해 주시기 바랍니다 .

and then two button options...

Do you have to be a member of this clubbox? How is that done?

First - he's been offered a fancy job on Wall St. and the American Business man (reminded me of LOBBYISTS - these bad Americans hired to act because the LOOK American)

But Jin Goo ssi's English wasn't THAT bad - and he looked a bit sad today -

He wouldn't tell the Wall St. man why he couldn't give him an answer in 4 minutes...

but in a voice over, we hear his father saying something to him...

We see Jin Goo ssi at home with his dad - he piggybacks him to bed - they have back n' forth conversation about the temperature in the room - a few adjustments of bed covers and thermostats.....and JG leaves his dad to his own room.

It's there he pulls out from the very back his desk drawer some "half - photos" (because the other person has been cut out) and he is in traditional dress and also in a TUX) one is lead to assume they are wedding photos.

lol at first i still can understand but as the conversation goes on .i missed out certain lines --; and got lost .

he even put those torn up photos nicely sealed in a plastic bag . that man is really so freaking neat and tidy --; but he doesnt even simle on his own wedding day . he must have been thinking what a pathetic life he had ...

i even think his father feel sad too ...the pair just didnt know how to communicate to each other * i think the hearing impairment of the father was wriiten deliberately ..as if saying how ...he cant really hear his son ..even when he speak so loudly .what is lacking was does he really know what his son needs ..but somehow i feel sad for the old man . even when he so demanding and all ..-;; ...

he make me grin when i hear his JIN DAL RAEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

RE: Jin Dal Rae taking Oh Joon WAY UP 5 FLIGHTS OF STAIRS to mediation room -

I believe she was doing that as a KINDNESS to Oh Joon regarding his "story about his little sister"

She wants to help him move past her and his "fake" painful memories

because she asks him HER NAME - and he's like "Who? What? Hmmmmmmm"

He finally comes up with a name - but JUST BARELY -

and that's when she's begins to teach him to meditate to overcome his feelings about a little sister that doesn't really exist.

RE: the you know what during that scene...

I've watched so many of these Kdramas and .....I've never seen an "unplanned" fart !

Even in Coffee Prince - some may recall their was "an accidental" one with Gung Yoo and deep voice's girlfriend

-that made it into the NG's over and over again... -

ALSO in the preview for ep. 5 - correct me if i'm wrong but...

Doesn't it look like Oh Joon gets a serious nose bleed immediatly after the impromptu kiss?

[quote name='hjkomo' date='Jan 10 2008, 09:26 AM' post='8170130']

nazznen, thank you for the link, but I am unable to access wangja's clubbox. I clicked on the link, but I got this:

파일 목록을 보실 수 있는 권한이 없습니다.

이 파일목록은 회원등급이 준회원 이상이신 분들만 보실 수 있습니다.

등급 조정 관련 문의는 박스 시삽에게 해 주시기 바랍니다 .

and then two button options...

Do you have to be a member of this clubbox? How is that done?

Whoaaaa...thanks shirley, canyayasis and nazznen...

so they kissed for the first time? Yipeee.

...can hardly wait to watch it tonight.

cutiepie : as always..thanks so much for providing the links so quickly.

GGaahhh! I've been downloading so much from CB these days

I won't have time to download this too

So, I would just wait 'til the dvd's out >.<

Tsk Tsk.. more agonizing months to bear T_____T

They make such a good-looking couple <333 haha! :]

Oh! And thanks a lot to the people who've provided download links and pics :]

oh mo mo ------ BADUY ! !

SAY SOMETHING!

do you have the scripts????

I see you logged in down there!

Ehh? Someone actually has the scripts for Robbers? I want one too.... care to share with me? :)

shirley : omg...I'm so tempted to watch the episode 4 streaming now.... but I must not...should work..lol.

ripgal : thanks for sharing that fan vid. I'll check it out tonight.

Guest imogene_af

:o I think the rating is SO SO LOW AND NOT IN TOP 20 because LDH and the main actor does not make a lovely pair. Compare this with 'My Girl' where at the start there is an interesting spark between LDH and Lee Dong Wok immediately. FANS knows this. This can be another disappointing 'Hello Miss' on the making....:( but I'll still watch it because of LDH :D

Jang Hyuk has done very well for his role and I couldn't see anyone else playing Oh Joon. In fairness to him and LDH they do give off quite a chemistry. My Girl is one of my faves, but it is sugar coated, this one will make you laugh but it will haunt you, it lingers.

Also they are against heavy competition. I think it's unfair to just blame this on actors' chemistry because they quite honestly pulled it off. I do not see JH and LDH. I see Oh Joon and Dal Rae. :)

Kirsten and O-Cha - Lovely insights. That one tear drop from Oh Joon crushed my heart too. And episode 3 really had a lingering sadness, didn't it? Kirsten, isn't Lee Da Hae so in character by Epi 3? I agree, Jin Dal Rae has come to life in Epi 3.

LALALALALA avoiding spoilers! thanks shirley,canyayasis,nazznen, I am pretty sure your inputs will be a great help for me later.

oh mo mo ------ BADUY ! !

SAY SOMETHING!

do you have the scripts????

I see you logged in down there!

Actually, scripts are the reason I tend not to do real-time week-by-week SBS watching (apart from the generally lousy live streaming from SBS servers). SBS are much slower to put scripts up than the other two stations (e.g. Robbers 1 +2 scripts only just went up, I don't expect 3+4 for a few more days yet). And without scripts to back up my patchy grasp of the soundtrack, I don't like to chip in. Added to which I have a lot of "real" work to do over the next few weeks. But I'm a sucker for fine photography and good dialogue and this drama seems to have plenty of both, so I'm wavering.

Archived