[drama 2008] Robbers 불한당

Guest o-cha

Guest pinklily

Amber dear...thank you for yet another thorough episode analysis! i had lots of fun reading your insights...i can't help but agree...and some of the things you mentioned...i don't know if i would ever be able to find such words to describe it so clearly myself.

This character, I believe has not truly, truly mourned. Mourn enough for it to finally set in.

Dal Rae seems to be someone contented and clinging on to whatever she has right now. Someone seemed afraid of a sudden change. I could not really blame her because the jolt of something that is “sudden” has been cruel to her. Just based on her harrowing experience, anything sudden has been heart-breaking.

So, someone who just suddenly barges into her life, all Don Simpatico, spontaneous, and unplanned like Oh Joon, gives her an uneasy shock. He brought up one rehearsed story, and something in her spews out. Oh Joon is unfamiliar territory she is a bit weary of.

But somehow, I am pretty drawn to this anti-hero. Jang Hyuk plays him with such a dangerous mix of heart, charm, angst, and arrogance.

i think that consciously, Dal Rae is telling herself that she is content...but as we got to see in this episode, the pain seemed as fresh as if they were back in that moment five years ago. you're right, she probably never did allow herself to mourn. would mourning allow her closure...or would that just bring her more pain, coming to terms with the fact that he is gone (having to accept that he is gone). perhaps keeping this inside of her...is a way to keep a part of him with her. that opportunity to relive five years ago...running to the door in hopes of seeing him on the other side...maybe she's not ready to let go of that hope...of him.

after episode 3, i sense Dal Rae realizing something, and wanting to heal...that may be the start of her slowly letting Oh Joon in. having experienced love...and the pain of losing it...Dal Rae will be playing it safe, not jumping right in, exposing her heart and making it vulnerable. but somehow...maybe due to her youth and her inexperience (her husband was probably her first and only love...and they fell in love and married so young too) there is a part of her that still seems naive...i can sense her still holding on to some romantic ideals. that is why she is unable to just marry Jin Goo...his money means nothing to her. she needs more...

i like your description of how Jang Hyuk plays Oh Joon. in this episode i was very angry with him...at the same time though i can't help but be drawn to his character. despite everything...his character is still capable of evoking compassion from me.

Another scene was when Oh Joon stroked Dal Rae’s hair out of her face. Here he was standing there, tissue up his nostril looking silly as hell. Not to mention, the pallid Dal Rae just laying there. What could be seen as a rather awkward or humorous scene came over me as one very romantic scene. In a brief moment, a real part of him started to long for her.

i sensed something there too! for one mere minute i was convinced there was something genuine in his eyes...and i was ready to hang on to that minute as long as possible. haha...when he was gazing at her...his face right on top of hers...gahhhh...my stomach was fluttering because i thought he just might steal a kiss from her! <--- my moment of delusion. it did seem so romantic...and yes! that scene...somehow that gives me hope ^^;;

EDIT:

o-cha, so happy to see your post! i'm glad you enjoyed episode 3...i did too...it is what i've been preparing for all along...a more serious tone...but i think here, the writer and director are doing a good job shifting the story line to something more serious...they still manage to balance it out w/ some lightheartedness.

I just finished watching eps 3...so as expected I have a lot of comments....lol

Episode 3 is definitely much more serious than eps 1 and 2...which is probably the way it should be...it's about time we the viewers get to see more of the characters. I feel a little sad after watching this episode...I guess I feel sorry for the characters. :tears:

So what's next to come? Seems like Dal Rae has started to fall for Oh Joon without her even knowing it.....

ahhhhhh...should we be happy?...or mortified? T_T but...i also have faith in our Dal Rae, that she is not so easy. instead of Oh Joon winning her over...perhaps it is Dal Rae who will win him over first! ^^

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest stylishbebe

michsann: thanks for the prompt response. even with the file name change, it didn't work on my media player.

canyayasis: thanks for pointing the direction to the gomplayer. you're a life saver. :D

bjharm: thank you for the easy directions. the gomplayer was very easy to use and i got the episodes working. i had to load the file manually but it was painless.

i just finished watching ep 03 and i can't wait for the sub to come out. like someone else said earlier on the posts, the dialogue is really amazing and it makes this drama that much better when you're more inform. it's a love-hate situation with Oh Joon's character right now for me. i hope we get to see the softer and more "human" side of him soon. at this point, i can't see why or how Dal Rae could fall in love with him. i am loving this drama. *waiting patiently for ep 04* thank you all that took part on the summaries. i enjoyed reading all the inputs.

ookie now i sort of get more of what he say in the storeroom .to Dal Rae that he just want to see her to make sure she is okay ..that is enough for him ..he just ask her not to disappear suddenly without a trace . that's all he asked of her ..even if she pretend not to see him it is okay .

but then dal rae fall sick ..--;;; Oh joon didnt know ..and though she was actually avioding him .hence that outburst at the gate ..*well his pretend anger * ...he had wanted to put forward one of his most diffcult stunt ..->to make sure she see him everyday appearing at the same time .that will make her think of him whenever that moment come. , then one day he will just disappear and not turn up . .and the woman curiousity will be at its height ....that is when he will reappear . the woman and her money will be easy prey then ..

however .the plan was not able to be executed BECAUSE dal rae was sick and never turn up . Plan A didnt work . so he had to go on to Plan B .

Appear before her door step

119989118032852.jpg

* Oh joon : I just wanted to see if you are living well

why cant you even grant me that

didnt i say i wont do anything to you

didnt i say it will be alright just to look at you

didnt i ask you not to disappear suddenly !

why are you doing this ! why !

*Dal Rae : he said he was still there one minute ago

just turned back the clock for one minute will be enough.

why cant anyone do that !

Guest xo_Tiramisu

ep. 3 was the sadder than ep. 2 =[

especially the part where Dal Rae think she heard her husband and ran to the gate *sobs*

currently waiting for the subs to understand it better =D

Robbers Hwaiting!!!! <3

Guest anonieko
:o I think the rating is SO SO LOW AND NOT IN TOP 20 because LDH and the main actor does not make a lovely pair. Compare this with 'My Girl' where at the start there is an interesting spark between LDH and Lee Dong Wok immediately. FANS knows this. This can be another disappointing 'Hello Miss' on the making....:( but I'll still watch it because of LDH :D

omg .. he kissed her

it was just happened. they were sitting in the park. she thought him how to meditation. she closed j\her eyes and he did too. as the air so quite till u can hear their breath. and he can her. then he looks straight to her faces. slowly he came ...... and kissed.

and lights up. just so perfect time. i have no idea why he took that step to kiss her. but it just looks so natural ... :blush:

ok so far today episode is just so so .. not really so much story to tell except in early minutes. when the bank girl found out his diary and saw DR name and detail in it. so she went to the bookstore where she works and follow her. OJ saw and to prevent from bad thing happend (i guess) OJ push the fire alarm bell.

in her house. he was scolded her and yelling at her and she keep crying and begging him for not leaving her alone. and she even treat him to kill herself if he leave her.

thats makes him so pissed off. and yelled like mad. "do u really wanna be with me??" "do u have money!!!??" "do u????" .. gosh he looks really mad.

omg .. he kissed her

it was just happened. they were sitting in the park. she thought him how to meditation. she closed j\her eyes and he did too. as the air so quite till u can hear their breath. and he can her. then he looks straight to her faces. slowly he came ...... and kissed.

and lights up. just so perfect time. i have no idea why he took that step to kiss her. but it just looks so natural ... :blush:

seriously i thought that was a bit er . " .my girl " .... i was like thinking ..please not the lights --;;!! meditation is very important it teaches you how to breathe correctly ..ke that what the teacher told me. .breathe in and breath out ....clear your mind . .

=====================================================================

canyayasis

you are good with the music ...find me that background music when the mr gangster run on the road ! lol i likeee that scene ..lol .and i really rem i heard that piece of music before but cant recall from where!!

I"ve got 2 of the songs from today -

when gangster man is sitting in the bookstore - it's an old beatles tune called:

I WILL (instrumental, so no lyrics played,but if you know the song the lyrics are perfect.)

"who knows how long i've loved - you know i love you still"

"I will wait until forever - if you want me to...I WILL."

the other song that was perfect and cracked me up was when MoonDu was in the cafeteria...

He keeps looking at the older picture of him and Oh Joon and he starts to sniffle..

then he starts to cry....then he starts to WAIL....... and playing in the background is

an old Gilbert O'sullivan song...ALONE AGAIN...NATURALLY...

I'll rewatch the episode at ...(cough, cough) my office....don't tell~!

and i'll try to get all the songs...

P.S. someone tell my mom that those music degrees from university are FINALLY paying off!

WHO KNEW!!

I"ve got 2 of the songs from today -

when gangster man is sitting in the bookstore - it's an old beatles tune called:

I WILL (instrumental, so no lyrics played,but if you know the song the lyrics are perfect.)

"who knows how long i've loved - you know i love you still"

"I will wait until forever - if you want me to...I WILL."

the other song that was perfect and cracked me up was when MoonDu was in the cafeteria...

He keeps looking at the older picture of him and Oh Joon and he starts to sniffle..

then he starts to cry....then he starts to WAIL....... and playing in the background is

an old Gilbert O'sullivan song...ALONE AGAIN...NATURALLY...

I'll rewatch the episode at ...(cough, cough) my office....don't tell~!

and i'll try to get all the songs...

P.S. someone tell my mom that those music degrees from university are FINALLY paying off!

WHO KNEW!!

ha .ya it is paying off . and that jin go 's flying scene ..lol it was sweet ...he was trying to learnt how to fly . * keep remembering soondae 's .FLY ! FLY! *^^ with the broom ..so he try the harry potter style ..it dun really seem like what soondae had in mind ..then finally he got it ...and was really flying ....till his father block his flying path ..just like his whole life have been ..he never been allow to fly too far on his own

seriously i thought that was a bit er . " .my girl " .... i was like thinking ..please not the lights --;;!! meditation is very important it teaches you how to breathe correctly ..ke that what the teacher told me. .breathe in and breath out ....clear your mind . .

when the light up .. yeah it's bit of "my girl" .. ~ sigh

anyway shirley, what called he recieved in the train station?? it sounds serious.. and he also make a call and refer that person as seongsaeng nim .. is it a doctor?? ... ehm ..

episode 4 can be download from here

http://clubbox.co.kr/wangja

when the light up .. yeah it's bit of "my girl" .. ~ sigh

anyway shirley, what called he recieved in the train station?? it sounds serious.. and he also make a call and refer that person as seongsaeng nim .. is it a doctor?? ... ehm ..

.i think it was that money lender ..i have no idea why he started to call him seongsaeng nim .lol since esp 3 he had called him that .first time er .i think he lost control and screamed at the phone . *because he just turned very nasty towards a innocent girl . so he was really in foul mood . and the call come . but later er .i think he stopped hiimself and call back again to apolosize

you know that other money lender..lol the fighter ..he was upset over a guy who own them money . he had accidentially er hit too hard and the man ended up in coma stage .--;;; that why you see him always in the background..crying and screaming .and mouring ..

.i think it was that money lender ..i have no idea why he started to call him seongsaeng nim .lol since esp 3 he had called him that .first time er .i think he lost control and screamed at the phone . *because he just turned very nasty towards a innocent girl . so he was really in foul mood . and the call come . but later er .i think he stopped hiimself and call back again to apolosize

you know that other money lender..lol the fighter ..he was upset over a guy who own them money . he had accidentially er hit too hard and the man ended up in coma stage .--;;; that why you see him always in the background..crying and screaming .and mouring ..

i c .. thanks shirley. and i think MD missed him already. they have grown up together and friends since young. and now he throwing away OJ .. hohoho .. he cry over OJ pic. hos cute.

and the mr. gangsta melodic sound was so cute. and the music background .. hai .. i miss all my melodrama i watched ... it's a secret garden.

0001qn1.jpg

Download

Secret Garden

i c .. thanks shirley. and i think MD missed him already. they have grown up together and friends since young. and now he throwing away OJ .. hohoho .. he cry over OJ pic. hos cute.

and the mr. gangsta melodic sound was so cute. and the music background .. hai .. i miss all my melodrama i watched ... it's a secret garden.

Download

Secret Garden

yes! .secret garden! no wonder it sounds so familar !!! ..lol thanks ..ah also i nearly forget that jin dal rae didnt know ...kwon oh joon 's name ..till today !! lol it took me by surprise ..when she asked him ..what is his name ...* i went .ohhhhhh no..she didnt even know his name till now *

I only caught bits and pieces of eppie 4 today,but I really liked

the part when OJ and DR were doing meditation together,and then did OJ's stomach growled?

:lol: Soo not smooth..and then the two of them just laughed and then they bumped their heads together i think..that was funny+cute.And then MD trying to hold the sobs in,and then bursting out,omg..lols..poor guy.

The kiss..it looked as if OJ was rather transfixed by the sight of DR's face when he did that :wub: ..was it a spontaneous reaction on his side?or is it another one of OJ The Scoundrel's tricks? :sweatingbullets: ah~~so curious..now I have to wait another week to find out!

Archived