Underrated/Overrated Dramas

Guest trulime

• Replies 925
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Jamieâ„¢

i know everyone will jump me for this but i seriously think Goong is overrated.

its just OKAY. not the best. yoon eun hye's acting isn't that great (shes okay for a shin in) and it doesn't improve that much throughout the episodes either... to me.

*nods* I agree. I don't understand this big craze about it.

sure, I like the set, costumes, and music, but the acting and stuff is below average.

same with Stairway to Heaven.. it was like a combination of every melodrama that ever existed! and they copied so many scenes from Autumn Tale.. the acting was good, but the plot just plain sucked.

Lovestory in Harvard. overrated on soompi.

Guest resident:alien

i'll make this easy and put up one each.

[ UNDER: ]

LOVE LETTER (MBC)

[ OVER: ]

WINTER SONATA (KBS)

Overrated

My Girl - There were some funny moments and some romantic moments but it was just so annoying how their relationship never worked out until the very last end. It just wasn't that great of a drama. The way I see it is that it was a copy of My Name is Kim Sam Soon & Full House.

What Happened in Bali - I didn't not get the whole point of this drama. It was like she played them both and then it was all lose in the end instead of a gain. I hated the storyline and the whole dragginess. In conclusion, I HATED this drama even thought I'm a big fan of So Ji Sup and Ha Ji Won.

My Name is Kim Sam Soon - This was an alright drama, I was somewhat addicted to it but it didn't have everything to make it the best drama. I understood why everyone liked this but it was top selling for the past year? The plot was good but I didn't like how it ended.

My Love Patzzi - I didn't like this when I first watched it and gave it a second try. The first half was good until it started to drag and the whole plot was so predictable. I didn't like the ending.

The Successful Story of a Bright Girl - The beginning was great to watch until it reached the part with the cosmetic problem then everything started to go downhill, and was boring to watch.

Sassy Girl Choon Hyang - When I first watched this series, it wasn't oh-so interesting until the 4th eps or so and then it started to drag. I thought it wouldn't make a big diff if they shorten it a bit, cuz they wasted a lot of time on their troubled relationship and then made them get back together after a few years.

Sad Love Story - The story wasn't so great, it was very very draggy, and it wasn't as sad as I thought it would be.

Love Story in Harvard - There were good scenes, funny scenes, enjoyable scenes, and memorable scenes. The beginning was great to watch and the rest was draggy and the cases were boring to watch. They fought constantly, broke up & got back together many times which was very aggravating to watch. I'd say the best part of the drama is just the beginning where everything started off funny.

Underrated

Let's go to School Sang Doo - From beginning to end, the series was all great to watch. It contained everything u needed especially if u wanted a melodrama. This is the drama that will always be #1 on my list. I thought Bi and Gong Hyo Jin were so great in here and made me a big fan of theirs. The ending was surprising but I thought it was a happy ending. This drama really hit it hard and should be more looked upon.

Alone in Love - The drama was very steady, there was not a lot of crazy things that happen from time to time. It's a mature drama in which you could just watch and follow a long with it. There was great acting, great chemistry, as well as the transition of the story. While watching this drama, you couldn't wish anything better than for them to be together and feel the pain they're feeling. It's like you're watching their romance from afar and follow their everyday life. It seems very realistic and the actors acted so well that it even looks like they are the characters they portrayed.

Guest my sassy girl

OK YOU GUYS ...PLEASE DO NOT MURDER ME FOR SAYING THESE STUFF..BUT THIS HAS BEEN ON MY CHEST FOR A LONG LONG TIME

OVERRATED

1) My Girl (SORRY) I dont' know...its' just so not believeable.

2) Goong (SORRY) As I said...i can't believe it...i tend to watch dramas i can relate to

3) Stairway to Heaven ( Only reason it did well was becuz KSW probably)

4) Winter Sonata (SAPPYYY)

5) Lovers in Paris

6) Im Sorry I Love You

7) FULL HOUSE!!!!! (grrr..serously people made too big deal of that drama)

UNDERRATED

1) HELLO GOD (I LOVE THIS DRAMA)

2) Snow White

3) Biscuit Teacher

SORRY GUYS!

Guest litoxshortaii

i thought a love to kill was awesome! but i agree that my name is kim sam soon is WAY overrated.. it js wasnt as good/funny as evryone made it out to be. some of the scenes were js so weird. it also seemed like a rip off of full house. i also thought stairway to heaven was kind of overrated.. it kinda dragged out, when it could have ended at like episode 10 or something. she kept running away, they'd find each other and say they'd never leave each other, then she'd run away again. or something.

its just OKAY. not the best. yoon eun hye's acting isn't that great (shes okay for a shin in) and it doesn't improve that much throughout the episodes either... to me.

full house was good but i think it was slightly overrated because of BI.

i totally agree with you. i thought goong is kinda overrated and in soompi the thread went crazy (kinda annoying because you have to sift through many comments that made the thread so long to read i could never really find the episode summaries and stuff).. i watched the first few episodes then grew tired of it because it isnt as good as many people say... :blink: even after 1400 pages in their thread...

stairway to heaven was a really overrated and the storyline and some moments really resembled autumn fairy tale... :mellow:

i thought my girl was pretty unrealistic... and lee dae hee was a great actress but at times i found she over exaggerated things and the 2 year thing and the rush to the end was not so great. :crazy:

love story in harvard... i was so excited when i found it english subbed and i purchased it online... now its just sitting on my shelf collecting dust... :ph34r:

full house... too much hype, i love song hye kyo and shes a great actress but i skipped many episodes and still knew what happened.. guess you can say it was kinda predictable.. and who would still be friends with people who sold your house without your permission, use you and tell other people secrets you tell them not to tell ::scratches head:: XD :wacko:

------

oh yea... Bae Yong Joon.. i know hes not a drama but as an actor i dont think he's so great.. watched him in april snow... winter sonata... and in untold scandal.. i dont see the greatness behind the hype... :sweatingbullets::ph34r:

------

p.s. please dont bite my head off, :excl:

Guest my sassy girl

bi should never be a actor, worst actor in the world.

i hate fullhouse forever

OMGG ME 2!!!!!!!!

UGH THAT DRAMA WAS SO EXAGERRATED

AND SO ANNOYING!!!!!!

FULL HOUSE HAS TO DIE..

SORRY GUYS

Guest kookieazn

OMGG ME 2!!!!!!!!

UGH THAT DRAMA WAS SO EXAGERRATED

AND SO ANNOYING!!!!!!

FULL HOUSE HAS TO DIE..

SORRY GUYS

i hate full house with a passion!!!! i honestly dont see what the big deal was about it??? all they did was fight and make up. Bi was such a big baby in there :fury:

Guest jennxxness

overrated:

winter sonata. 겨울연가

Love story in harvard.

Firebird 불새

underrated:

형수님은열아홉 (My sister in law is 19)

좋은사람 (Good person)

haha, it's nice to read evyone's comments....n i dun tink u have to say sorry...To Each His Own...............to me, the top few i reali hated n gave up was LIP(cld not stand the female lead acting all "oh i m so cute"), Sweet 18(same as LIP) n LSIH(tho KTH is mi fav)......seriously i din see wat the hype was all abt........

Goong- ok only but sumtimes i reali laugh wen i read that thread cos pple make such a fuss over it...no wonder it has so many pages.....but i got to admit it's gettin abit better but tt's towards the end only...

As for Resurrection, sorry but i cringed at UTW's acting....he looked so weird n i cant believe he actuali won an award for that drama?????

Guest ruffluv109

full house!!!!!! SERIOUSLY overrated....there's no substance at all in that drama....all they did was eat, fight and eat again and fight again and eat again and fight again thru out the series.....

sorry to full house's fans....just my opinion..... :)

and agree with the person who said super rookie is kinda underrated!!! i just love it so much!!!!! wayyyyy funnier than full house!!!

• 1 month later...
Guest ajoys_23456

MNIKSS is not over-rated. This show deserves the recognition given to it.

Over-rated

1. Full House -- 16 episodes is too long for such a simple plot. but the first time i saw this on local tv i was entertained coz of shk and bi's grandma.

Under-rated

1. sister in law - this is quite good actually

Guest flirtashaz

full house was good but i think it was slightly overrated because of BI.

fashion 70's was popular but still a bit underrated.

same with Super Rookie.

a lot of you are bringing up some old dramas. but if you watched itback then... you would certainly view it differently. of course if you watch it several years later you won't be affected as they way the viewers back then were affected.... cause back then they didn't have that type of storyline...

Agree with you here. Goong lead female and male are just ehh.. I dont like YEH's acting here. For a newbie, i dont think she should have been given the role, but at least she was better than some new singers turned actors/actresses.

fashion 70's is definitely underrated. I love the story line. I havent watched most of the underrated dramas which have been listed here. I should give them a try ^^

Guest ally2207

Overrated

My Girl - There were some funny moments and some romantic moments but it was just so annoying how their relationship never worked out until the very last end. It just wasn't that great of a drama. The way I see it is that it was a copy of My Name is Kim Sam Soon & Full House.

What Happened in Bali - I didn't not get the whole point of this drama. It was like she played them both and then it was all lose in the end instead of a gain. I hated the storyline and the whole dragginess. In conclusion, I HATED this drama even thought I'm a big fan of So Ji Sup and Ha Ji Won.

My Name is Kim Sam Soon - This was an alright drama, I was somewhat addicted to it but it didn't have everything to make it the best drama. I understood why everyone liked this but it was top selling for the past year? The plot was good but I didn't like how it ended.

My Love Patzzi - I didn't like this when I first watched it and gave it a second try. The first half was good until it started to drag and the whole plot was so predictable. I didn't like the ending.

The Successful Story of a Bright Girl - The beginning was great to watch until it reached the part with the cosmetic problem then everything started to go downhill, and was boring to watch.

Sassy Girl Choon Hyang - When I first watched this series, it wasn't oh-so interesting until the 4th eps or so and then it started to drag. I thought it wouldn't make a big diff if they shorten it a bit, cuz they wasted a lot of time on their troubled relationship and then made them get back together after a few years.

Sad Love Story - The story wasn't so great, it was very very draggy, and it wasn't as sad as I thought it would be.

Love Story in Harvard - There were good scenes, funny scenes, enjoyable scenes, and memorable scenes. The beginning was great to watch and the rest was draggy and the cases were boring to watch. They fought constantly, broke up & got back together many times which was very aggrevating to watch. I'd say the best part of the drama is just the beginning where eveything started off funny.

Underrated

Let's go to School Sang Doo - From beginning to end, the series was all great to watch. It contained everything u needed especially if u wanted a melodrama. This is the drama that will always be #1 on my list. I thought Bi and Gong Hyo Jin were so great in here and made me a big fan of theirs. The ending was surprising but I thought it was a happy ending. This drama really hit it hard and should be more looked upon.

Woww...you said it really details! :w00t: I kinda agree with you! :) But what we can say,it seem all of K-drama start or ending like that! <_< Hope the writer n PD can more creative!B'coz its the matter of times before we lost our interest! :huh:

Archived