Underrated/Overrated Dramas

Guest trulime

Lovers in Paris was wayyyyy overated imo

Absolutely . I could not get past episode 1. Stop watching after 1 hour . The lead actress is so phoney . She is acting cute at the age of nearly 30.

• Replies 925
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest shred

uh oh ... Goong fan here :lol: it's my guilty pleasure :blush: :sweatingbullets:

overrated

autumn story

winter love song (but now i'm watching spring waltz - PD claims it'll be different this time so i hope this one's better)

save the last dance/last dance is with me

attic cat

love story in harvard (even though i liked KRW-KTH)

underrated

sweet 18

Guest KimSamSoon's craziie fan

For those who says MNIKSS is overated:

You should be under 20s, cuz I know only mature pp like it. People's mind will change when they getting older and older. Maybe 10 years ago, if I watch it, I will not like it. But now I'm 21, I understand more and I've not seen life is pink anymore.

I mean when you grow you will change. Or maybe you are not old enough to understand the character and find the beauty in each scene and dialouge.

Guest jihye87

overrated : Winter Sonata.

underrated : Fashion 70's

edits: I'm 18 but I love MNIKSS.. it's a lovely story although it definitely won't hapen in real life.. haha .. me girlfriends love it too.. and we bot the same series even though would have shared ..

Guest hanjieun519

I totally agree with gingerbread and serenity. I don’t think that "MNIKSS" is overrated. The reason why most people loved it so much is simply because much people can easily adapt on the story and that it is indeed really happening; that each and every character symbolizes every person living in a society. All the emotions are put into it. It serves as a motivation to those people who are a little distress. It gives you a better outlook in life.

What we need nowadays is those that could inspire us, make us laugh and even bring out the best on us, especially now that most people experience different sorts of tribulations in life.

Guest cherryonken

UNDERRATED :

Sang Doo Let's Go To School - this was is overlooked SO much, despite it starring the very popular Bi - the storyline was touching and it had funny moments too. Yes there was cancer, yes there was love but BELIEVE ME the story was not at all delivered in a soppy cliche sort of way - there were very dark and strong themes throughout the whole drama (plus the ending throws up so much debate). I really really liked the main female lead because she presented such a strong character, many viewers didn't like her because they thought she wasn't that attractive but I found her endearing and most important SHE COULD ACT more so than some pretty empty face that fills the screen. Bi also in my opinion gives his strongest performance here.

MiSa - yes yes, I know this drama was popular but the ratings did not begin so well it only picked up near the end but I think this drama had incredible leads and the family issues were moving and engaging.

OVERRATED :

Full House - liked the clothes, funny sometimes but seriously what was achieved by the end.

Autumn Tale - didn't even finish watching this one, extremely boring and people actually give credit for this starting the genre of 'uncurable illness that kills one of the main leads' - i think this drama should never have been made for starting such a trend.

Summer Scent - bleh. Pretty much as Autumn Tale ^^

Stairway to Heaven - was good for the first 3 episodes..then it turned into Autumn Tale.

My Girl - to be fair, I haven't watched all of this drama but it seemed so annoying from what I've seen. A 'sassy girl' who has 2 rich hotties after her *yes I'm jealous* but I don't know...the drama seems a bit selfish in its themes - full of rich good looking people - very superficial and pretentious.

MNIKSS - I'm loving this drama at the moment - Kim Sun Ah is amazing in her role. What annoys me is the fact that people are going gaga over Daniel Henney - seriously the man cannot act and cannot speak Korean...why the hell is he soooooo big from starring in a Korean drama? I don't even think hes that attractive and his voice bugs me. But yeah the drama's good..just had to say the thing bout Daniel, sorry Daniel fans.

Guest 985boi

Full House....this show was very repetitive. They fight about the same old stuff every episode. So they got a divorce near at the end but he came back like nothing had really happen.

Damo....I was very bored of this series. Felt like I was doing a chore watching this show. It did get better at the end though. Not the best one I've seen. Also the excessive high flying wire work was ridiculous in this show.

I hate when looking for reviews for any drama series or movie, theres always this one cliche line a lot of people use. "I never cry while watching these movies/drama but this one made me cry!" Oh boy I just stop reading from there.

MNIKSS - I'm loving this drama at the moment - Kim Sun Ah is amazing in her role. What annoys me is the fact that people are going gaga over Daniel Henney - seriously the man cannot act and cannot speak Korean...why the hell is he soooooo big from starring in a Korean drama? I don't even think hes that attractive and his voice bugs me. But yeah the drama's good..just had to say the thing bout Daniel, sorry Daniel fans.

Hi cherryonken, I'm going to try to take a "stab" in explaining why people like Daniel. :lol:

1. It is rare for viewers to see Korean actors in dramas who speak perfect English.
  2. Henry Kim grew up in the states not knowing how to speak Korean. I'm guessing that many people related Daniel to his character in the drama.
  3. Daniel fits Henry Kim's role because he speaks and understands no Korean, which makes it more realistic in the drama. When Hee Jin teaches Henry different Korean phrases, he pronounces them with an English accent. In episode 7, Henry has a conversation with Sam Soon. He gives her a blank look, because he has no clue what Sam Soon is talking about. In reality, Daniel probably didn't understand what KSA was saying in that scene. Compared to Kim Sun Ah, her English dialogue sounded funny because she had to rehearse the part pretending that she didn't know English; therefore, it probably wasn't as realistic. (I heard that KSA's English is pretty good) :)
  4. Daniel is tall and has a nice body and smile. :lol: <--you might not agree with this
  5. The fact that he is half Korean.
  6. He seems pretty down to earth. (A few soompiers actually met him in real life :))
Sorry for my boring post. :sweatingbullets:

Overrated

Lovers in Paris (dont like lead actress)

Autumn in my heart (all the things I dislike about Korean drama like cancer , piggy back , love triangle)

Full house (repetive)

My girl (The girl is cute but a bit over the top . I stop after ep. 5)

Underrated

Feel young (good story , a bit short ending)

Four sister (good story , good acting)

18vs29 (good story good acting)

Guest v1rgi3

overrated:

hehehe... this might get ugly.. but this is imo!!!

1) stairway to heaven

2) winter sonata

3) goong (tho i have to agree, it is starting to get good, but still overrated)

4) sad love story

5) delightful girl

6) sweet 18

underrated:

1) my girl

2) SWEET SPY!

3) hello god!

4) resurrection

Guest kangtagreen27

first one that popped into my head...

Stairway to Heaven

definitely overrated! only the kid scenes were good.

after that...it was pretty much annoying.

the only reason why it was good or "up there" was because they basically took all the good parts from all the other big hit dramas. besides that, they stuck a KwonSangWoo ..in which I'm not big of a fan of...in the drama and ppl "think" itz good.

but i judge a drama by the storyline and chemistry between the characters..not the actors or actress in it.

as for the seasonal dramas...they were good.

except Summer Scent..didn't enjoy that one too much. i dislike "obessive" storylines with no chemistry. so i don't think those were overrated because they were good and deserved to be up there at the top. altho...it can get old.

i just hope Spring Walts is better than Summer Scent.

Guest donser

Overrated - Full House

I watched it wout knowing any background regarding it - neutral party. Yes, it was funny at some parts, but i did not enjoy it... i actually grimace at certain parts coz i find the leads' acting quite fake. (IMHO)

The last part where they sat by the pier... the way his arm was around here... not natural at all.

NOT overrated - MNIKSS

I also watched this as a neutral party.

After the first 2 episodes, I liked it so much (despite horrendous dubbing and so-so translation work), i started surfing the web to find out more abt it!

Ended up d/ling all the rest of the episodes so i can finish it wout waiting for the local channel every week.

I'm not really into K-dramas, I prefer jdoramas. BUT so far, only DaeJangGeum and MNIKSS made me RE_WATCH the episodes. the former is rich in Korean history, i learnt a lot. the latter appeals to me, even though i'm married with 2 kids. i also know of several other moms like me (in sg :P ) who drool over HyunBin (and making all the hubbies jealous meantime!).

JMHO :D

p.s. imagine if i knew Korean and can understand ALL the wit that's in MNIKSS!

Guest infinityyy

donser: =O you actually rewatched Dae Jang Guem?

lmao x) i would rewatch the ferst 20 episodes, then skip to the part where she came back from Jeju to the palace and meets all her frends again and then skip to where all the evil ppl get caught. muahaha.

Archived