Underrated/Overrated Dramas

Guest trulime

Guest tianneh

i've been holding in my My Girl fangirlness for awhile. cliche plot? i can handle that. simple ending? that's okay too. BUT bad acting? horrible acting?! *ah hem* that's when i jumped the shark :mellow:

T___T Sorry if I've offended you. I don't hate MG, in fact, it's given me a few unforgettable moments of enjoyment. It's just that I've seen better acting from Lee Da Hae, and the comedy scenes aren't really as well done as that in MNIKSS (and before anybody jumps in on me for comparing the two, I actually watched MNIKSS AFTER MG, because I felt that MG was good back then, and decided to give MNIKSS a try since it's supposedly the same genre). I liked Da Hae in Green Rose and My Bride is 18. (And saying that I like her in Green Rose is a really rare exception, I HATE angsty dramas)

Park Su Yeon...I know that many feel she's a horrible actress, but I'm actually pretty much forgiving when it comes to her--she's new, everybody starts somewhere.

Lee Dong Wook...I can see you're his fan, so uh....I won't comment on him.

And on Lee Junki...I've seen a couple of his movies (Ballet Gyoseubso and Hotel Venus), and guh, he actually seemed better in those minor roles than in MG (I'm going to get bashed for this). I don't know why, but he really impressed me in Hotel Venus, even though he's really new in there. Boy just...touched me, even with that little screentime. I admit I might be a little influenced by the media here, because the reviews for his acting in MG usually compared his acting to what he did in King and the Clown, and my Korean friends summed it up as KnC = FAB, MG = meh. Not going to comment on that, though, since I haven't watched King and the Clown, but I do feel his talent shows more through movies.

Again, I apologise if I've offended you.

• Replies 925
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest schizoar

okei, I will try to mention the dramas that I have watched (I hope I remember them all). This is all based on my own opinions so don't get angry :sweatingbullets:

Overrated:

goong - I liked this drama but I can't deny that this one was way overrated. I agree with what others say that it kinda gets draggy at some episodes but there are scenes that I think shouldn't have been there. I mean, after watching a specific scene, I find myself :blink: while asking myself why that scene was there. Lots of dragging especially in the last 6 episodes. They dragged it too much. But I must say that the two leading actors did well despite the fact that it was their first time acting. ;)

full house - It's funny, yes, but that's all there is to it, lol. Plus the fact that I don't find the lead actor that cute/handsome. :phew:

sweet 18 - I tried to watch this, I skipped lots of episodes because of too much dragging. I just watched the ending so I know what happened.

delightful girl choonyang - I really thought this was a VERY good drama because I have read LOTS of good reviews about this one. But after watching it. It's just a so-so drama for me. I like the lead actor's funny facial expressions but other than that, I also think that it kind of dragged to much because I skipped episodes 10-15 :unsure: just and watched the final episode

winter sonata and heaven's tree - I just think that these two are not that good. Too much crying, dragging with not much story. I just didn't like it. End of story.

Underrated:

bad family - I think this one is a good drama. I find it saddening that it doesn't receive the attention it deserves. A good cast, a good story. I just hope that people would start appreciating this one.

goodbye solo - I am very thankful that I downloaded this one coz this is a very inspirational and very touching story. The story itself leaves you speechless. The actors portrayed their characters so good that it really makes the drama real. You can really learn lots of things by just watching this one.

Other Dramas:

my name is kim sam soon - I love this drama. The actors were good. The story was very realistic. I don't want to say that this one is overrated or underrated. I just like it.

my girl - I also liked this one. It had me laughing my heart out.

spring waltz - I dont like this one 100% but I can't stop watching it :lol:. I just hope nobody dies in the end.

That's all I can remember as of now, I'll just edit this If I have additional dramas to put in. :blush:

overrated [actually just drama's i didn't like, but a lot of people did]

goong - i liked it in the beginning, but it started to annoy me as it got extended

18 vs 29 - i seriously did not like this drama. the cast annoyed me. it was ok, but i didn't bother finishing it

a love to kill - i actually liked this drama. i just wasn't crazy over it.

full house - it was good the first time. then it got so cliche & boring

spring waltz - i liked it in the beginning. then i just stopped liking it

tree of heaven - i liked the beginning, before leewan cut his hair. then they all started to annoy me.

underrated

bad family - it's hilarious. i love the cast <3

what star are you from - actually, i think this is popular. but i don't remember. such a good drama.

my girl - a lot of people didn't like it, but i LOVEDD it.

that's all i can think of.

Guest pinklily

T___T Sorry if I've offended you. I don't hate MG, in fact, it's given me a few unforgettable moments of enjoyment. It's just that I've seen better acting from Lee Da Hae, and the comedy scenes aren't really as well done as that in MNIKSS (and before anybody jumps in on me for comparing the two, I actually watched MNIKSS AFTER MG, because I felt that MG was good back then, and decided to give MNIKSS a try since it's supposedly the same genre). I liked Da Hae in Green Rose and My Bride is 18. (And saying that I like her in Green Rose is a really rare exception, I HATE angsty dramas)

Park Su Yeon...I know that many feel she's a horrible actress, but I'm actually pretty much forgiving when it comes to her--she's new, everybody starts somewhere.

Lee Dong Wook...I can see you're his fan, so uh....I won't comment on him.

And on Lee Junki...I've seen a couple of his movies (Ballet Gyoseubso and Hotel Venus), and guh, he actually seemed better in those minor roles than in MG (I'm going to get bashed for this). I don't know why, but he really impressed me in Hotel Venus, even though he's really new in there. Boy just...touched me, even with that little screentime. I admit I might be a little influenced by the media here, because the reviews for his acting in MG usually compared his acting to what he did in King and the Clown, and my Korean friends summed it up as KnC = FAB, MG = meh. Not going to comment on that, though, since I haven't watched King and the Clown, but I do feel his talent shows more through movies.

Again, I apologise if I've offended you.

oh no, it's okay. you shouldn't have to apologize for your opinion. we disagree on these points...and that's okay.

i thought LDH was exceptional in her role. she MADE Ju Yoo Rin. i don't think i would have adored this quirky little trickster so much had any other actress played the part. and this is before i became this huge a fan of LDH...so liking the character as much as i do was definitely not anticipated. to be honest...i thought she showed great improvement in her acting from her previous dramas. Ju Yoo Rin was a completely different role for her...yet she fell right into character...making me forget that she's just acting...and not the character herself. in watching the drama...i found myself lost, not able to distinguish the actress from her character. LDH and Ju Yoo Rin, they were one in the same to me. LDH more than breathe life into her character...a great actress to begin w/...but imo, her acting here was also an improvement from her previous performances.

as for LJK, i think he did really well for his character. this man certainly knows how to evoke emotions from the viewers. his character could have been easily forgettable. the thirdwheel...a character you wouldn't really care much about because very little of him is developed. and...little of his character was developed...but i did end up caring a lot for this character...and not because he's eyecandy (i like LJK, but not for his looks). it's the emotions that stirred up inside of me when i looked into his eyes...because through them...i saw and felt exactly what he felt. with this type of acting, there's no need for a whole background story to the character, you understood him well enough...thanks to those subtle instances in his acting...where through body gestures, facial and eye expressions, you saw clearly the motivation of his character. i thought LJK did great in his role with what he was given to bring the character to life...making you understand and appreciate the character. his transition from the playful womenizer early on in the drama...to the heartbroken hero at the end of the drama was entirely believable to me.

as for PSY, i admit her acting was very raw in the early episodes of My Girl. towards the end she got much better. in the beginning, watching her, i felt she had difficulty w/ overdoing her facial expressions. i thought she didn't use her eyes enough to convey what her character was feeling...and compensated for that by forcing certain expressions onto her face. in the later episodes of the drama, i appreciated her much more. i remember in one instance in My Girl where Kim Sae Hyun goes over to their house, having discovered the "cousins' " secrets...she's there purposely to confront YR. instead of blowing up at her and laying everything out in one instance...she gradually shows to YR her intentions. from the living room where she sits happily w/ the family, pausing in between laughters and smiles to make eye contact w/ YR. it was effective enough to convey to YR her malicious intent...but subtle enough to prevent her from being found out by the other members of the family surrounding them (other than JW because he's pretty slick to begin w/). PSY conveyed all of that...just through eye expression alone, extremely well. this is just one instance...i definitely felt that during the later parts of the drama PSY's acting was very effective in allowing me insight into her character.

and yes, i do adore LDW. i felt he brought an extra something to his character as the usual straight faced, straight laced guy...who will inevitable shed his cool demeanor to become the romantic hero we all love. (*ah hem* i have a tendency to be long winded ^^;;) i'd like to be the first to admit if his acting was bad in the drama...but it wasn't bad...maybe not always spectacular, but never unrealistic. his acting and character was very tamed compared to LDH's...and that was intended. they played off of one another very well...and another mark of good acting is the overwhelming strong chemistry between them...as well as between them and the entire cast.

another reason why i couldn't help but respond to your comment was because you seemed to imply that relative to MNIKSS, Goong, and Full House, you felt the acting in My Girl was bad. compared to these dramas? the acting in My Girl was bad...even horrible? that was entirely hard for me to stomach.

thanks for your kind response. i do appreciate it, especially now that i understand your perspective a little more. i do love My Girl very much, but i don't mind that others don't feel the same way. there will be instances where i'll just have to speak my peace...but that's all in the fun of discussion i hope. *thumbsup*

cheers ~

^_^

as to the topic at hand:

Underrated Dramas:

Goodbye Solo ~ i am up to episode 12 (w/ subs) for this drama. one of the most touching dramas i've come across. well writen, well paced, well acted. i'm actuallly adoring Kim Min-hee as an actress...something surprising even to me. what a wonderful interweaving of so many side stories and so many characters...so well done that amidst all the plot twists and revelations, you never lose sight of the heart in all of it. there is something completely genuine and unassuming in how the story is told, that allows it to make such a huge impact on you. if this is the trend in how the stories in Korean dramas will be told in the future, then i'm really excited.

Bad Family ~ here it is again...another drama where so many characters are important and there are so many side stories that are significant to the essential plot. i love the comedy here...and everyone is doing a wonderful job. Kim Myung Min is great...and Nam Sang Mi completely holds her own...even among so many veterans her acting shines. and it definitely has heart...in a different way from Goodbye Solo, here's another very touching drama.

these are just the two current ones that i believe are underrated...their ratings don't reflect how good they are. sadly, it's a little exclusive because i have yet to follow the other dramas showing...Dr. Khang, Spring Waltz, WSAYF, etc...so this list may or may not grow.

Guest mikal19

underrated

-save the last dance. not many people mention this great drama, i think its one of the best kdrama has to offer

-my love patzzi, short 10 eps and quite funny..

-green rose, great plot i think

overrated

-dramas threads that goes over 100 pages on soompi

Guest s2.baboxx

I agree that MNIKSS is overrated.. dont get my wrong now.. i realyl like that movie but there was so much praise for that and everyone seemed to be talking about it. In terms of dramas of 2005.. i thought My Girl was better that that and MY girl was underrated. Yes, MNIKSS is different and reallly funny but My girl seemed more believable and it was really funny as well.

Goong is way overrated. The plot was typical and there are SOO MANY SCENES that shouldn't have been there since it had no reason to it. Also, they over-dragged it. LOL.

Also, I feel that My Girl and Delightful Girl had the same vibe to it..like it looks like the same drama well it is from the same director.

My name is kim sam soon is so overrated to me. i thought it was a good /okay drama, but i wouldn't watch it agian cuz i've already watched it..

its not a drama that you want to like watch over and over agian. well at least not to me.

goong WAS overrated but i thought it'd be a small underrated drama.. i loved it thoughhhhhhh :]

Overrated

Summer Scent - Because this was part of the four season tragic love story, I expected it to be heartbreaking and at the same time love the story. But sadly the drama did not live up the my expectations, I've got to say that this might be the weakest series of the four. I did not shed one tear and was not so into it.

My Girl - Since everyone was so hyped up about this series, I gave it a try and it turned out to be just ok. It wasn't the best series I've seen and I had a few laughs here and there but that was it. I didn't get wat was so great about it.

Hotelier - The series was just boring.....

Underrated

Alone in Love - It's got the cast, the great characters, the chemistry, the plot, the romance, the humor, the setting, the dialogue, and the realism. What more do you need?

Guest lo_xl0ucH

Underrated in this forum = "I'm Sorry, I Love You, That Summer's Typhoon, Fashion 70's." These 3 dramas are all excellent... I recommend at least watching the first 2 episodes of each. Or the first, because they are that captivating.

Guest hanib

I read the thread from the start and saw many ppl here considering My girl overrated O_o

I love that drama , it's the only Drama made me addicted to it , yeah , i have to say It's not LIKE or LOVE or anything feeling else It's Addicted .I've been into Kdrama for quite a long time and what I've watched is not a few , maybe not as many as the experts here in soompi but my experience on Kdrama is not bad either .It's been a month since I first time finished My girl , and from then I can't enjoy any other Kdrama , I really really like you , which star .. , and even My name is Kim Sam Soon sounds nothing to me .I heard many ppl rated MNIKSS so highly and it's the best drama ever , or it's the most worth-watching drama in 2005 and blah blah blah ~~ Because of them ,I've been so excited to watch it in first place , expected a lot about how wonderful it would be but when I watched it , I didnt feel it the way other feel it at all . It's hilarious , romantic but not that great ,I stopped it at ep 6 ,I'd rather rewatch My girl once again. But I don't say that MNIKSS overrated , maybe the My girl syndrome I've got is quite deep that I can't get rid of to enjoy other drama , so It's because of me my self not because of the drama wasnt great .

About My girl , the storyline is not special , kind of Kdrama typical storyline , but the acting of the cast has made it special . First of all , It's Lee Da Hae acting that is totally addictive and impressive . In first ep you can feel it somthing annoying but if you keep watching , LDH know the way to make you love her ,addicted to her and concern more about her character , she's childish but sweet , cute , emotional , caring and love money :D All the voice , tones , facial expression of her has brought a lively-Yoorin to life .*Nods* with Pinklily about I can't imagine anyone could portray Yoo Rin better than Da Hae ,If it's not Da Hae but other actress , I doubt I would love this money-loving baby as much as I do now. Just one word to describe her acting : *Awesome* Because I'm saying about My girl , I won bring up other drama starring LDH to compare and praise her acting skill , but someone who think she's not that great or all she did in My girl is only exaggration , give her another try , you'll see what she's done is needed , without her , My girl isnt My girl anymore , she's the main and sweetest factor that made My girl hype these days

About Lee Dong Wook , beside the exaggration of Lee Da Hae , the way he portrayed Seol Gong Chan so calm and realitic , well I dont know how to express all of this , but I quote these analysis from LDW fan thread , which I totally nod with Fleur & roddy , a long long great comments :lol:

Wow... that sure got me sitting up in my chair... I totally agree with most of you that everyone's entitled to his own opinion, I'm entitled to my own too. So here's my two cents worth.

I'm speaking from the point of view of a korean fan who has never seen LDW or LDH as leads in any other dramas. I'm also speaking in the shoes of someone who had zero impression of the actors before watching this drama. I'm a person who's not easily impressed by just the looks. I may think some actor's really good looking, but that doesn't mean I'll be a fan of his. I'm someone who looks alot at talent, acting skills. Cha Tae Hyun is a good example. If the actor cannot convince me with his acting, that show will probably just be yet another korean show watched. Of course, it's a bonus if that actor's a hunk (like Lee Dong Wook :P)

Now the very fact that I (and I'm sure many of you) am such an avid fan of both LDW and LDH tells a lot about how they acted in the drama.

I totally agree with the part on the exaggerated acting by LDH. But that was in the first episode, when I don't know what to expect from the drama. In the second episode onwards, I only have praises for LDH! Exaggeration is required in such comedies. LDH knows when to exaggerate and when not to (example when crying). That's not an easy feat!

Now LDW... I'm totally impressed by his acting (considering it's somewhat his first drama where he's the main lead). It's easy to act serious throughout the whole scene. It's easy to act hilarious throughout the whole scene. Now to put together the 2 is no easy task. Imagine, you are a serious character in the drama, yet you have to make people laugh through little things you do when you're still serious. (I don't know if I'm making sense here) Now LDW did just that. His serious attitude appealed to me as someone so manly. Yet his occasional childish manner weaved into this manly personality just charmed me (like he charmed many of you). Not fit to act as SGC??? I don't think so...

Now I know about respecting other's opinions... I'm in fact a strong advocate to that. But sometimes certain words are too strong a word to be used. Like NOT FIT. It triggers too strong an emotion, thus this post... hehe :P

I shan't comment on DGCH... I can only say that I very much prefer My Girl as well as the acting casts. Last but not least, if LDW or LDH have done a poor job, I don't see how My Girl can attract quite a decently good viewership, and I don't see how LDW or LDH can suddenly attract the attention of so many fans.

Man...... I just realised how long I've written... :P Thanks for enduring with my post.. :)

AGREE! AGREE! TOTALLY AGREE! Thanx Fleur, u put into words stuff that i want to tell people about LDW's acting in MG but don't really know how :D

A lot of the media/critics attention has focussed on LDH for this drama (and right too becoz YooRin's character is the 'star' of the story) and also LJK (i think more becoz of the fuss over his great performance in King & Clown - jus my opinion, don't shoot ). So, LDW has a harder role: to somehow bring the audiences' attention to a character who is serious & quiet & not immediately likeable or 'hero' material. And he jus pulls it off - i keep using "simple" and "understated" to describe how he does this becoz u are jus not conscious of him "acting" cool serious quiet funny etc - he just IS!

I din know anything about him before I saw My Girl either. I downloaded the first episode mainly becoz I was bored with goong (after all the hype, i jus found it cute & mildly entertaining but not really absorbing - i skipped a lot :lol: ). When GongChan first appeared, i wasn't even sure if he was the main lead actor - jus thot that he doesn't look very korean somehow, din quite know how to react to him. The scene that got my attention in episode 1 was when he coolly peeled off YR's fingers off his chair - it's jus the way he did it - he din overexagerate his facial expressions the way a LOT of korean actors do when they are doing comic scenes - jus a blank calm but concentrated look while he used his pen which jus made the scene even more funny.

And thruout the drama, that's how he does it - not overdoing or underdoing anything, his expressions are always exactly right *not sure if i'm explaining it clearly here, hope u get it *. He has this way of communicating silently with YR with just a look - you know, the kind of look that says: 'enough' 'go on' 'what now?' 'don't argue'..etc - when i rewatched the drama i keep looking out for these moments becoz they are so brief u can easily miss it, but if u catch it it's really funny! Watch ep 1 -when he's telling her to get off his property / ep 4 - when he's ordering YR to buy tickets for the tower / that time he had to help harabuji call YR's fake father (can't remember episode) etc. I've never really seen any other korean actor do this kind of subtle thing, at least in dramas. Part of the reason there are so many closeups of his face prolly coz the director wanted to catch this (the other part prolly has to do with that handsome profile, hahaha :P ).

Even harder was to convey the warmth & kindness in GongChan who can come off as very cool and reserved especially if compared to JeongWoo. And again, he does this believeably without overacting. I've seen a lot of dramas where the hero is supposedly arrogant but deep inside is a nice guy, but they overdo it so u don't really buy the arrogance coz the transition from arrogance to nice is jus too abrupt/unclear - one minute they are arrogant jerks and for the rest of the drama they are soooo sweet. The way LDW plays GC is consistent thruout - GC never really loses his reserve or bluntness or changes his character, we only see him actually 'admitting to himself how much he loves YR in the 13th episode, yet the buildup to that moment doesn't frustrate viewers becoz he has subtly shown in gradual little moments how his initial concern for YR (from ep 1 when he took her to the Hospital despite catching her breaking into his house to that big moment when JW tells him to admit his love for YR) has deepened into love almost without him realising it.

Another thing that caught my attention was the all-out comedic moments. Eg that famous harabuji 'dying' scene where the machine did not go diiiiii - that look on his face wet with tears and yet confused, embarrassed (when he realised his mistake) and slightly pissed off (that YR witnessed his sobbing) :lol:. And also all those scenes when YR is imagining some bizarre situation - LDW's change from the serious quiet GC into the 'cartoon' character of YR's imagination was so good. There was never a bad moment.

So back to my first comment that even tho the attention is mostly on LDH & LJK, i think LDW actually quietly and without any fuss acted the h*** out of his role as GC. But becoz it's not a showy role, people jus tend to overlook it & pay attention to LDH's great comedy performance & LJK ("hey, he's a pretty guy, not a girl" - y'know that reaction after King & Clown. No offence to JunKi who was amazing in King & Clown but i don't think he did anything amazing in MG. I can imagine a lot of other actors playing JW). But only DW as GC.

But now, happy to see slowly a lot of people are waking up to his acting. So i'm really really hoping that after MG, DW gets offered good roles that bring out what he can do. Did i mention how much i liked his acting in the Bye3X MV? i better save that for another day....

OMG!!! did i put everyone to sleep?! i jus feel strongly about this, so got a lil overexcited .....*sheepish* sorry...

Guest tianneh

another reason why i couldn't help but respond to your comment was because you seemed to imply that relative to MNIKSS, Goong, and Full House, you felt the acting in My Girl was bad. compared to these dramas? the acting in My Girl was bad...even horrible? that was entirely hard for me to stomach.

Oh dear, I can certainly understand it if you got irked because of that. No, definitely not that. I actually feel the acting in MG was better than Full House, even though I have to admit I enjoyed Full House more because it has less drama (personal taste). As for Goong...uh...the Soompi thread on Goong has reached the thousands, I'd really not comment on the acting there.

I do feel that the acting in MNIKSS is better, but it's only a question of achieving a balance there. For one, and I know MG fans will disagree on this, MNIKSS has a better script. It's also better paced, and has less superfluous scenes. I might be the only feeling that Jeong Woo spends too much time playing squash and drowning in sorrow in the bar, but two or three scenes should have been enough to convey the message.

The comments on Dong Wook and Junki were rather spot on, in my opinion. Junki just isn't doing his best. Maybe he did achieve a result well beyond average, but he just isn't testing his limits. Perhaps it's because his character didn't give him much space to breathe in, unlike YooRin and Gong Chan.

...it is hard to notice Dong Wook, like someone pointed out, because of YooRin's extreme chracteristics and Junki's sudden rise to stardom. I started watching MG knowing Da Hae from her previous dramas, Junki from his movies, Park Su Yeon because...duh! and not knowing anything of Dong Wook at all. After that, the hype from King and the Clown began, and the comparisons my Korean friends drew certainly didn't help better matters.

Just remember that My Girl started airing before KnC was shown in the theaters, so Dong Wook does get his chance at recognition, even with all the...undue influences.

I might have been a little harsh in my earlier response, but when I said "bad" and "horrible", I wasn't comparing the actors to anybody else; I was simply judging them by what they could have done.

Anyway, it's nice to have such discussions once in a while, and really, I don't hate My Girl. I did watch every episode, after all. ^^ Even my mother watched it and was converted to a Junki fan (which came as a surprise, considering her age). My younger sister was all for Gong Chan, Yoo Rin, and Jeong Woo. It's a family drama for me (even my dad watched a few episodes), even though it didn't leave much of an impression.

Guest Saki>^.^<

What comes to mind is Boo Hwal/ Ressurection. Dang that was a good kdrama. It was full of suspense and you couldn't stop watching it! I mean, the plot was like O_O If you're looking for a good suspense drama, watch it. It's 24 episodes, but man, it doesn't drag at all! This drama keeps you thinking!

Plus UTW and HJM are great actors. You should see the hurt and seriousness in UTW eyes and compare to Wolf, his personalities are so different! And HJM is just a cutie, loved her in Dae Jang Geum, loved her in Ressurection. Oh, and the other guy and girl were good looking too XD I mean the guy was hot... and the girl looked like a model! Even UTW's little sister (in the drama) was pretty! (She's the one that plays in a millionare's first love with Hyun Bin)

But just one thing I gotta say, this was an awsome drama people should watch!

Guest Happy_Day

순정/innocence (with leeyowon and ryujin) was VERY underrated. it was an awesome drama, but it wasn't popular at all.

full house, my girl, and autumn love story were very overrated, imo.

Guest jaejoongie <3

personally i think is ChunHyang over rated

it's a complete rip off of nangrang18 seh

nangrang18 seh is SOO much better. watch it =] you'll love it

J E W E L Z * Posted Yesterday, 09:35 PM

My name is kim sam soon is so overrated to me. i thought it was a good /okay drama, but i wouldn't watch it agian cuz i've already watched it..

its not a drama that you want to like watch over and over agian. well at least not to me.

goong WAS overrated but i thought it'd be a small underrated drama.. i loved it thoughhhhhhh

i agree with you JEWELZ, i thought that this drama(MNIKSS) would be an awesome one after reading those comment posted!! but i really don't enjoy watching it, it's not that funny that you will laugh out loud.. N it's not a drama that you would wanna watch back again.. n again.. totally agree with you JEWELZ!! :blush:

I definately think that my god is really under-rated, i mean the story is something different, the casts are hot!!

erm.. i don't really think MY GIRL is under-rated right?? i really hv fun watching it.. at least i did laugh out loud!!!when watching it!! it's one of my favourite.. , although i hv not watch Goong yet!but i am quite sure MY

GIRL should be much more enjoyable to watch..... :sweatingbullets: sorry for those goong lovers...

actually i think this thread is redundant realli...

overated or underrated depends on personal taste..

i may like this particular drama and u might think it is as lousy as hell. so what is the purpose of this thread??? to cause conflicts between individual drama fans?

the mods shld close this

i think my girl and goong rocks in the yr of 2006 though

Guest pinklily

I might have been a little harsh in my earlier response, but when I said "bad" and "horrible", I wasn't comparing the actors to anybody else; I was simply judging them by what they could have done.

that's exactly it i think. it was entirely unclear to me that you were making an exclusive comparison of the acting from the cast of My Girl relative to what you've seen of their previous performances. reading your comments in its original context, i couldn't help but get the impression that you were making a general comparison. thank you for clarifying that point for me. lol...just as you can't be convinced that the acting in My Girl was great...i'm sure i too can't be convinced that the acting here isn't at least good. so, even to say that relative to their past performances, the My Girl cast's acting was 'bad' or 'horrible', is still a rather huge stretch for me.

i'm not among those who think that MNIKSS is overrated. i enjoyed the drama from beginning to end and would be happy to sit through all of it again, all over again. Kim Sun Ah was truly the highlight of the show for me...but i definitely adored both leads. though, i wouldn't say that the acting in MNIKSS is overall better than the acting in My Girl. one particular instance of acting that sticks out in my mind in MNIKSS was when

the two leads are at JeJu island...they are in a cab heading towards the airport to return home. just then JH has second thoughts, gets out of the cab...and is about to enter another to turn back. SS gets out of the cab and follows him, stops him right before he gets into the other cab...and basically lays it all out for him, her feelings for him. in return, what did KSS get?...an expressionless stare from JH. i tried looking into HB's eyes to see some traces of any feelings...any intensity of emotions after having just heard the confession of love from perhaps the most unlikely of woman...but i found nothing. his expression was completely blank...not in a way of shock or speechlessness...but just blank...in such a way that was both awkward and entirely out of his character. at that instance, i no longer saw JH, i saw HB the actor trying to play JH. this is one instance in MNIKSS where i felt the acting was lacking...and it made a big impression on me because i felt that moment was so crucial to the story...to the development...progression of these characters.

because i felt the moment was so important...for it to be acted out in such a way (poorly on HB's part), for me it just really sticks out like a sore thumb.

still, i wouldn't say the acting in My Girl is overall better. both dramas had instances where the acting was flawed (very rare imo)...but both dramas also had more than enough instances where the acting simply excelled. My Girl's acting made a bigger impression on me and i enjoyed it much more...but i won't deny the due credit that also belongs to the acting in MNIKSS.

as for script, pace, plot...here, i think it definitely comes down to personal taste more than anything else. i only know for sure that i enjoyed all of these aspects in My Girl more than i did of them in MNIKSS.

well, i'm happy your family enjoyed My Girl. my mum likes Jeong Woo too. she likes his teeth. ^^;; i hope it's obvious my taste in K-dramas don't come from her. :mellow:

lol...j/k!...mom. :blush:

Archived