Underrated/Overrated Dramas

Guest trulime

Guest trulime
Come share your opinion!
Hopefully this hasn't been posted, at least not recently :) but yeah, if it has, it's always fun to share. EDIT: this is my comments to people complaining about the title. overrated adn underrated is a bit different than what is ur fav drama.. because it's an opinion about a drama that you htink shud get more attention or less attention, you can like ur overrated dramas too. if you dont' agree and think it shud be what drama do you like best, then make your own thread. also please be mature. state what you think is overrated and underrated and why. i really despise seing comments like the one right below..
OMGG ME 2!!!!!!!! UGH THAT DRAMA WAS SO EXAGERRATED AND SO ANNOYING!!!!!! FULL HOUSE HAS TO DIE.. SORRY GUYS
COME ON. i put my first post up i said which one i thought was overrated and underrated. i never said i hated ANY, because even some of my overrated ones i liked them. so yeah, i like that a lot of people replied but please be mature. ---------------------------------------- MINE: UNDERRATED 1. Hello, God! 안녕하세요 하느님! - Yoo Gun, Kim Ock Bin, Lee Jong Hyuk 200601061602431110_1.jpg 2. Fashion 70's - Kim Min Jung, Lee Yeo Won, Joo Jin Mo, Chung Jung Myun fashion.gif 3. Biscuit (I think) and Star Candy 건빵선생과 별사탕 - Gong Yuu, Gong Hyo Jin, Choi Yuhjin, Jang Hee Jin, and moreee. jiwon7938200505241916280.jpg 4. Delightful Girl Chunhyang 쾌걸 춘향 - Han Chae Young, Jaehee, Uhm Tae Woong chunhyang.jpg 5. Into the Sun 태양속으로 - Kwon Sang Woo, Myung Seh Bin, Jung Tae Woo, Kim Jung Hwa sbs.jpg OVERRATED (not saying they are bad, in fact 4 and 5, but too much praise for not THAT good of a drama) 1. Autumn Story 가을동화 - Song Hye Gyo, Song Seung Hun, Won Bin 2. Winter Love Sonata 겨울연가 - Bae Yong Jun, Choi Jiwoo, Park Sol Mi, Park Yong Ha 3. Love To Kill 이죽일놈의 사랑 - Bi, Shin Minah, Lee Kiwoo, Kim Sarang 4. My Name is Kim Sam Soon 내이름은 김삼순 - Kim Sunah, Hyunbin, Ryu Won, Daniel Henny 5. Goong 궁 - Yoon Eun Hye, Joo Ji Hoon, Kim Jung Hoon Please have respect for my opinion and others; everyone is entitled to their own opinions. :) Please post!

• Replies 925
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest KimSamSoon's craziie fan

Hopefully this hasn't been posted, at least not recently :) but yeah, if it has, it's always fun to share.

MINE:

UNDERRATED

1. Hello, God! 안녕하세요 하느님! - Yoo Gun, Kim Ock Bin, Lee Jong Hyuk

200601061602431110_1.jpg

2. Fashion 70's - Kim Min Jung, Lee Yeo Won, Joo Jin Mo, Chung Jung Myun

fashion.gif

3. Biscuit (I think) and Star Candy 건빵선생과 별사탕 - Gong Yuu, Gong Hyo Jin, Choi Yuhjin, Jang Hee Jin, and moreee.

jiwon7938200505241916280.jpg

4. Delightful Girl Chunhyang 쾌걸 춘향 - Han Chae Young, Jaehee, Uhm Tae Woong

chunhyang.jpg

5. Into the Sun 태양속으로 - Kwon Sang Woo, Myung Seh Bin, Jung Tae Woo, Kim Jung Hwa

sbs.jpg

OVERRATED (not saying they are bad, in fact 4 and 5, but too much praise for not THAT good of a drama)

1. Autumn Story 가을동화 - Song Hye Gyo, Song Seung Hun, Won Bin

2. Winter Love Sonata 겨울연가 - Bae Yong Jun, Choi Jiwoo, Park Sol Mi, Park Yong Ha

3. Love To Kill 이죽일놈의 사랑 - Bi, Shin Minah, Lee Kiwoo, Kim Sarang

4. My Name is Kim Sam Soon 내이름은 김삼순 - Kim Sunah, Hyunbin, Ryu Won, Daniel Henny

5. Goong 궁 - Yoon Eun Hye, Joo Ji Hoon, Kim Jung Hoon

Please have respect for my opinion and others; everyone is entitled to their own opinions. :)

Please post!

ok so what is your definition about good drama? I think everyone has his/her opinion about their fav dramas. Some dramas are good in your opinion, but maybe those are bad in others. I never use the word "overated" for any drama.

Guest roujin

Fashion 70's wasn't underrated...was it? I thought it did fairly well in ratings and had a decent amount of followers on the net, maybe I have bad memory.

Anyways, right now, its only been the first week and ratings are not bad but I'm kind of sad 'Goodbye Solo' ain't getting the attention I feel it deserves. Other than Kim Minhee, the cast is fresh and especially Chung Jungmyung...talented. This drama is so different, but in a good way. From the characters and to the plot, its thoughtout so well and its raw, natural, quality work. The writer always does this, in which you have all these love stories going on, but its really about watching all the characters grow and how they interact with one another. For me, it don't get much better than this. And it has a nice mix of melodrama and some cute funny scenes. I hope after somet ime, it gets more recognition.

And other ones...Punch. I don't know why, but this drama is still one of my favorites. Joo jinmo and Shin Mina are just great actors. And I don't know...in some ways the plot was original and in some ways it was sort of weird but I love it anyways.

Overrated dramas...I do agree with Winter Sonata. But when it aired in Korea it wasn't that huge...it was after it got to Japan and who knows why it exploded there. The first episodes were memorable but I wouldn't have expected it to have been as huge as it is now.

And although it has many loyal followers at soompi...Full House. Other than Bi and SHG's great chemistry...the plot...yeah...there wasn't anything there to work with. And do people really like Bi's character? He was so mean. And he acted so much better in Sangdoo. I remember in Sangdoo I was so surprised at how well he acted. And no drama has yet to match that role. But the drama was funny. I never finished it but I got a hold of the DVD's and skimmed through. The scene where SHG has to carry the grandma was priceless. This drama is a good laugh...but way overrated.

And like hanaxkim said...this is just my opinion^_^ I guess I just have different tastes in dramas.

I've read that many people think that My Name Is Kim Sam Soon is overrated.

In my opinion, I think it is a very good drama. It is realistic and many people can relate to the characters and the story. It is very different from the other Korean dramas that I've seen. There's no real evil supporting character who constantly tries to snatch away the main character's lover, and no one dies at the end because of some disease. Also, it gives women hope that when they're 30 they can still find their "prince". :)

I thought that the storyline was great, and the actors/actresses who portrayed their characters did an excellent job.

Guest ripgal

i thnk Delighthful Girl Choon Hyang was underrated yea.. it's really a good n fun to watch series.. too bad the response was so-so. but i loved it!!! <3

Guest xoxdumkrngirlxox

My Name is Kim Sam Soon was definately overrated. I mean it was a good drama , but it was kinda boring to me. The things that happened seemed too relistic. Like I could see the same thing happen in my neighborhood. Of course many others like the drama because it is.

Guest chuck97

This is just your opinion of good vs bad series. Under vs over does not determine the quality of the series.

Underrated: 18:29

It has a really fresh plot while mixing in the whole "oh no! I've lost my memory" cliche and the celebrity cliche. Okay, so its a lot cliche, but the characters are fun and the jokes are fun. It deserves to be at least looked at.

Guest falling U P

I agree with "A Love to Kill" being overrated. And I'm the biggest BI fan in the world! I thought the plot was absolutely wonderful but the pace of the drama was slow and towards the last 10 episodes, i was nearly falling asleep just watching it and WAITING for it to be over. Both were great actors, but the pace of the entire drama was boring and dreadful.

I personally thought "Wonderful Life" was a little underrated, same with "Resurrection/Rebirth". But that's just my opinion

Guest asianrice

This is just your opinion of good vs bad series. Under vs over does not determine the quality of the series.

She knows it's just opinion, that's why she marked 'MINE:' and 'Please have respect for my opinion and others; everyone is entitled to their own opinions.' in that post. She just wants to know what others think.

I agree, A Love To Kill was overrated. It started out pretty good for me, but then it just started to drag.

Goong too, don't kill me Goong fans, this is just what I think.

I want to watch Delightful Girl. :lol:

Guest StylishAzNx07

Underrated:

1) Love Letter w/ Sooae and Jo Hyun Jae ... I really liked this drama but it got like no attention!

Overrated:

1) Kim Sam Soon ... Yea I enjoyed it but it wasn't good enough to me to obsess over. I don't understand why people went like wacko over it. It wasn't THAT good.

Guest pinklily

i started watching Hello God but unfortunately wasn't able to keep up w/ it. i definitely will give it another go and finish this series though. from what i saw in the earlier episodes...it's very interesting. and from what i keep reading about the rest of the series...both the story and the acting here are really good. i can't wait to find out for myself how good this series is...although i don't want to have high expectations incase that ruins it.

and yes, i thought Fashion 70's was underrated too...but then i realize it's ratings were pretty good actually. and here on soompi, i think before the crash there was pretty good discussion about it...and lots of support for it too.

overrated / underrated...i think i'll need to watch more dramas to be fair on that. :lol: very interesting to read everyone's opinion though.

^_^

Underrated: 18:29

It has a really fresh plot while mixing in the whole "oh no! I've lost my memory" cliche and the celebrity cliche. Okay, so its a lot cliche, but the characters are fun and the jokes are fun. It deserves to be at least looked at.

I totally agree and I really liked the cast in this one! I thought it had a really good concept and was very entertaining. :) This is one of my favorite dramas.

Recently, an underrated drama would be Tree of Heaven (I think it's becuz it's falling in Goong's shadow which already has a huge following). I think the acting is really good in this one even though the story isn't all original.

As for overrated drama, I would have to pick Full House and Winter Ballad. I really liked the cast in Full House, but I didn't think it was SHG and Bi's best roles individually (and I'm a fan of both of them). Also, the storyline had a lot of fighting between the two and not enough lovey dovey moments (I'm a sucker for romances! :P ). Winter Ballad was just draggy for me. I think because by the time I watched it, there was so much hype that I went in with too high expectations... :(

Guest graciexbaby

i think stairway to heaven is really overrated. the beginning was really good but it kinda broke down in the end.

its like all the drama endings mixed together. a marriage, a life threatening disease, a suicide, and to top it all off a death at the beach in the arms of the man you love. sticking to one ending would have been so much better.

Guest malicious_

stairway toheaven and kim sam soon.. sooo over rated..

i actually thought a love to kill was underrated.. =T

Guest Appolpai

Wow, you and I have the same tastes, Hana. XD I haven't even watched all the dramas on that list, but it seems like we do have the same taste, haha. Maybe I will start watching the ones you put up there. :)

I definitely think Chunhyang is underrated! It's my favorite series so far and I'm kinda disappointed that people don't know about it as much.

Umm, I also thought MNIKSS was overrated too. I guess it's good in the sense that the story is realistic and all that stuff, but it wasn't very fun to watch. And er, I also think My Girl is overrated. I thought it it was too slow and it seemed like they just dragged out the story for 16 episodes. Nothing exciting really happened. I think the only part I really liked was at the very end when Han Chaeyoung and Jaehee made a cameo. It was great seeing the couple from Chunhyang again. XD

stairway to heaven 's overrated

Appolpai - i agree w/ you even though i'm a fan of my girl, and enjoyed it... it kinda dragged at the end... i wanted some more originality...i have to say it's overrated. perhaps, i've been watching too many korean romantic comedies...

i think delightful girl choon hyang's and super rookie are underrated

and i do like hello god, even though i've only watched one ep. but it good!! i can't believe there aren't many ppl talking about it.

Archived