Park Ki Woong 박기웅

ecs707a

• Replies 868
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, hlg9_stv said:

Well, now he is blonde again.. Why is he so cute like this? I really like when he is blonde

Yeah, what are they doing with his hair?  Or not his hair, I guess :)  I wonder how long his real hair is by now.

It looks light blond, but kind of different from before?  I'm still pretty confused about the order of things in this drama because I know we're seeing things out of order right now.

Hey, only about a day until the first episode!  Yay! 

Today I was looking at articles and the press conference video and trying to piece together what I could of what he said.  I did something like half of it and could still do more (there was one section I skipped entirely), but now I'm afraid to post it because I know it's a terrible translation. :lol:

Ygp7uWD.jpg
source

I like this one too.  I hardly know what to do now that there's too much stuff to post instead of nothing at all. :)

A few more Monster stills:

nHbcGTT.jpg

Spoiler

And look who's coming up in next week's episodes! Wouldn't consider this a spoiler since it's totally disconnected from everything else in the show up to now, but it's from the episode 3 preview...fyi.  Avert your eyes if that's something you care about, because I'm not hiding it!

RrjN0mt.jpg

So, did everyone watch this week's episodes?  The Section TV interview?  Are we all waiting impatiently, or is it just me? :)

Okay, maybe this is a slight, very mild spoiler?  Only if you don't know who Gun Woo's supposed to be teaming up with later in the drama.  So I guessss I can hide this... New stills:

Spoiler

But I'm getting such Chen vibes from this that I need to share its squee-worthiness somewhere. :)  Can it be Monday already?  I don't normally want to just skip the weekend, but...gimme.  Want!  Aaaaahhh!

:lol:

(Send help.)

Also, he looks a little like yesterday's selfie there.

So many hoodies :)

Monster stills!  I'll probably continue to post stills here but hide most of them in case anyone hasn't watched yet (and because of the sheer volume).  Although most of these have been so weird taken out of context like this that I doubt it would give away anything important unless you already know what you're looking at. :)

SE5ldK3.jpg

Spoiler

9AgsCZ7.jpg
QqWdgQr.jpg
BxyY2jl.jpg
5HS6s4l.jpg
t6fUIdv.jpg
HbHJ3eC.jpg

So...where does this rank in his blond role history?  Have to say I'm not so much a fan of his hair here.  But again...still not his hair, technically!  Anyway, I think Kang Hwi still beats them all for best blond. :D  The color here is pretty good, but the styling is not doing it for me.  I won't even go into the clothes, lol.

0ozvnZB.jpg
P48jQPH.jpg
all from the official site

And...

giCabq8.jpg

I feel fairly certain that at some point I'm going to have a moment where I want to do some Gun Woo gushing and I swear that I try to keep that to a minimum in the drama thread because I don't want to be that person.  :D

So I'll save it for here, but then I'm going to feel like I shouldn't spoil anything for anyone, so what to do...lol.  I promise that I will warn of spoilers and hide anything questionable just in case. :)  But that moment in episode 3 was worth the wait!  Or okay, it was a really long wait and I sure complained enough about it but there he was and it was good.  Ha.  Gun Woooooo...I am so ready for you to break my heart into a million pieces...

Some other reactions and things to his appearance in Monster...

News from the drama thread:

On 4/4/2016 at 1:33 AM, pechumori said:

The intense first appearance of Park Ki Woong in "Monster"
translated by Pechumori
4/2/16

The emergence of Park Ki Woong is extraordinary.

MBC Monday and Tuesday drama "Monster" reveals the first appearance of Park Ki Woong in his return to the TV screen, as Do Gun Woo, the abandoned and illegitimate child of the Dodo Group Chairman Do Chun (played by Park Young Gyu).

Spoiler

In particular, the photos released showed the intense image of Park Ki Woong who is 200% immersed in his role as the rebellious Do Gun Woo and this has drawn attention. An image of him holding a gun in one hand and aiming to shoot at someone while looking fiercely has stimulated curiosity about his story which will soon unfold.

A production staff of "Monster" said "The emergence of new characters in the third episode which will air on April 4, aims to attract the attention of viewers. The relationship between Do Gun Woo and Byun Il Jae will be one of the interesting points and will add a lot of tension in the drama Monster. We ask for your attention. Please tune in for more interesting stories and watch out for Monster" he said

Meanwhile, Kang Ji Hwan, Sung Yuri, Park Ki Woong and Soo Hyun will appear in the thrid episode of the MBC drama "Monster" which will air on April 4 at 10 pm.

credit: http://www.imbc.com/broad/tv/drama/monster/news/index.html?idx=179489

Viewer reactions about the first week (excerpts):

Osen - Naver: 'Monster', Kang Ji Hwan♥ Sung Yuri bickering.. chemistry starts

1. [+1,137, -38] Park Ki Woong is a charming villain both here and in 'Gaksital'

2. [+1, 028, -50] Park Ki Woong's acting ㄷㄷㄷ No words needed for Kang Ji Hwan and Sung Yuri is decent too ㅋㅋㅋ Fun drama

4. [+670, -43] Park Ki Woong is honestly charming

credit: kkuljaem

Instagram update:

What's up with his ankle?  I assume it's the same old injury, but I hope he didn't re-injure it or something.  I will assume that the rehab is an ongoing thing.  He looks tired though... 

Tickle hugs!

Huh, okay.  I had a somewhat irrational liking for Shin Joo Hwan.  I guess now it's a rational liking. ;)

Who was taking a picture of this? 

I guess I might as well post these too...some Monster BTS photos:

XCKPsMG.jpg
FMcGeTr.jpg
source

And as I post this again, I realize that I have a whole collection of him holding the boom or playing with the cameras on set by now.  :)

pkw%20ams1_zpsviao73et.jpg
HycJcFR.jpg
9BasRs6.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Aw, sleeping in the car already? :( Well, he looks comfy enough, at least.

It gives me some comfort that there are so many characters in Monster that the live shooting/total lack of sleep issues shouldn't be as severe for any one actor as they sometimes are.  Unlike Gaksital, when I wanted to go kidnap everyone so they could sleep.

You guys, I did something weird last night when I watched episode 13.  I'm so stuck in that new music high (wooo new Radiohead!) that I didn't want to stop listening to watch, so I muted it and let Radiohead play, haha.  I only switched the audio when there were Gun Woo scenes.  It's like the low-rent, less conspiracy theory-ish version of The Wizard of Oz/Dark Side of the Moon.  Good lord...Monster/A Moon Shaped Pool...what have I done?  :) 

I wonder if he's been listening to it yet?  If he's still into Radiohead?

What is this?

credit: gyeonggipolice

Promoting something for the Gyeongi Nambu police?  Something relay?  Haha, I have no idea.  I see that their youtube channel has a bunch of random kpop groups in similar videos though....and I still have no idea what it means. :D  Maybe something about using your headlights to help prevent car accidents?  Some sort of traffic safety PSA thing.

Oh well, it's cute. :)

20 hours ago, ecs707a said:

News photos!  Yay!

Yes! I was waiting for this *O* Gorgeous, charming, as always good looking Mr. Park Ki Woong! :) 

It's kind of mysterious thing, but he didn't change after 2 years military duty at all.(I mean his appearence) Or, maybe, he even became more handsome )
Well, the thing that I actually understand is that he talked about his military duty experience at the 1st part. If only there was a translation of this interview.. 

By the way, have you seen this picture? I really like this photographer's camera *Ü*

On 11.05.2016 at 3:11 AM, ecs707a said:

If he's still into Radiohead?

I don't think his tastes on music have changed too. Still waiting for new music recommendations! It was so good we even could know his personality better with such things.

3 hours ago, hlg9_stv said:

Yes! I was waiting for this *O* Gorgeous, charming, as always good looking Mr. Park Ki Woong! :) 

It's kind of mysterious thing, but he didn't change after 2 years military duty at all.(I mean his appearence) Or, maybe, he even became more handsome )

I am still not in love with what they're doing with his hair, but yes!  Otherwise, I am a happy camper.  Maybe shoveling snow was good for him. :D 

6 hours ago, hlg9_stv said:

By the way, have you seen this picture? I really like this photographer's camera *Ü*

I think mastershock must be a staff member, maybe the person whose job it is to take all the photos they release as stills?  Don't you think?  I don't know for sure, but he's had Monster stuff on his IG since February.  Anyway, yeah, I like that one too. :)

Well, the thing that I actually understand is that he talked about his military duty experience at the 1st part. If only there was a translation of this interview.. 

I haven't had time to really look at it, just the quick dump into Google translate, haha.  I did see that he was comparing Gun Woo with his Secretly Greatly character again, which was something he said in the press conference too. I can kind of see that.  Gotta find some time to read more carefully :)

I don't think his tastes on music have changed too. Still waiting for new music recommendations! It was so good we even could know his personality better with such things.

Yeah, I hope he hasn't sworn them off forever. It's been a long time since he did anything like that.  I think music taste is an especially revealing kind of trivia, personally.

Hey, I'm not the only person who stopped to admire his hand during that scene outside the Do house in episode 14, am I?

14-1_zpslkmss9z4.jpg

Hmm?  Okay, don't tell me if I really was the only one.  :D

On 5/13/2016 at 7:23 AM, ecs707a said:

Okay, don't tell me if I really was the only one.  :D

I swear, you are definitely not the only one :D 

Here are also some screencaps made by me :)

YzuNoPDU-BI.jpg

Spoiler

vtuSsmr7Ej4.jpg

P-iAwIgPz_A.jpg

ecc5K2Q9QOs.jpg

Npr-Ffrzurs.jpg

mQ8uVUeaHFE.jpg

USKyC8bGpyg.jpg

By the way, did you watch Ep. 15? Photo in the album... Is it a Photoshop or a real picture of him? Anyway, I like this post-army short (but blond dyed) hair ^ ^

:3

Spoiler

T3jwTiuBs3w.jpg

KX0-H127hPg.jpg

Last Ki Woong's IG update:

It seems like he is thinking he looks like a bear Bernard on the picture? Cute and funny ^ ^ 

3 hours ago, hlg9_stv said:

By the way, did you watch Ep. 15? Photo in the album... Is it a Photoshop or a real picture of him? Anyway, I like this post-army short (but blond dyed) hair ^ ^

I did!  Haven't finished 16 yet because it's been a crazy week, but maybe tonight.  I've been hiding from the drama thread again for that reason.

I totally laughed at the yearbook.  Not because of the photo, just because it was weird. :)   But I didn't even notice the extra layer of weird of the location until I looked at your screencaps.  Dear drama staff, New Jersey and New York are not the same.  :D  Maybe that explains the police car though.  Gun Woo lived in a fictional city that happens to be called New Jersey that exists within the state of New York.  There, I fixed it for them!  Well, there is an Indiana, Pennsylvania, so things like that occasionally happen in reality.

I don't know either if it's real or photoshopped, but his hair looks different there than it has recently (the most recent blond, I mean).  I like that hair better than what they've been doing with his hair in the drama lately.  I'm ready for something different.  Bring on the mid-drama makeover?  His hair's got to be long enough now that they have more options that just that near-bowl cut thing, right?  Not that it's the worst hair, but there's room for improvement, lol.

Monster stills since last time:

sx5cObF.jpg

They are my favorite part of the show, collectively. :)  Or separately, even.

The rest (as usual, some mild spoilers are probably in here, but they're already old and all over the media anyway...open spoiler at your own risk if spoiler-averse):

Spoiler

21FYQgP.jpg
tly3Nhl.jpg
pAopFnu.jpg
DEv3UdF.jpg
cKkhvIq.jpg
7yNszZI.jpg
FmdWxdO.jpg
source: 1 2

• 2 weeks later...

Archived