Quantcast
ecs707a

Park Ki Woong 박기웅

13 hours ago, dr25 said:

You know guys, for me PKW has always been more of a friendly face. Inducing the nice big brother (non-oppa) feels. Now, I don't know if it's the sun-gold hair, the perfect waves (for the first time ever!!!), or simply because I missed him so much but he looks daimn hot in those Monster stills! ❤️_❤️ Sexy Kiwoong  o(≧▽≦)o . I can't call him oppa yet lols he's more of a sexy 'gentleman'. (KW-shi) is more like it, heh. 

You too, huh?  I have spent much time wondering when exactly he got so hot. :)  I mean, for me it was definitely before he left (lol Beating Hearts episode 17 comes to mind), but still.  Now he's hotter.  And it has nothing to do with the hair, it's just..him.  

Combo of bearing, personality, looks (okay, yes), and whatever else and I don't know but he gets better with age, apparently!  Haha. 

13 hours ago, dr25 said:

I Live Alone hah? Never had the chance to befriend a celeb lol  Would I love him more if we end up as friends? Or will the brilliance fade the closer we get? Yeah yeah Not gonna heppen. It just crossed my mind since I too am interested in seeing his interaction with his friends. Speaking of which...he followed Joo Won on IG (~_~;). I was thrilled to learn that he made one. I think I'll make it a goal of mine to like every one of his posts til the end of time. I can do that :) . If it's the new agency's doing, then kudos to Ha JiWon! He needs more exposer, IG is just one way, a 50 ep long drama is another, bright blond hair is third (like in your face 'HELLO') statement. Thumbs up for that! It kinda makes me crack up tho because I'm now seeing an image of tortured KW in army suit reflecting on his life and vowing to make a change. Nothing wronge with that if it were to happen in rl but I can see how my brain kinda fabricated a scene from a KDrama somewhere to fit the assumption XD Totall mess. Anyhow, whatever the reason for him to take such course of action (which may not be a course but mere random coincidental decisions) I hope it's for the best. Fighting sexy PKW-shi!

Aw, I really don't think he was that much of a hermit before though.  He really was doing the same thing with his twitter, but IG just took off while he was gone.  It hadn't so much before he left (in the k-celeb world), so I don't think it was that he was just unwilling. 

....actually I kind of miss him on twitter though now.  Not that you can say much more on twitter than IG, but they feel different.  Obviously the photo is the point, and other things become secondary.  Communication through the visual instead of words.  Which I should be happy about, since my Korean is still crap, lol.  Maybe it's just that I'm more drawn to words and writing in general.  IG sometimes (ohh who are we kidding...OFTEN) makes me want to punch people in the face (the filters, the staged perfection, #blessed AHHHH).  Not him though. :) I do like his social media presence, and I think he's done well keeping the balance between self-promotion (and keeping his fans happy) and what's apparently his natural tendency towards privacy and basically the opposite of attention-seeking behavior.

It's still making me sad that my favorite of his posts so far has the least likes :( Waaah.

I like selfies too, but variety is the spice of life, people...

12 hours ago, dr25 said:

Didn't watch the Musical for I was traumatized by ILPK. I was warned but I went in heeding to no one's warnings only to get myself killed by boredom. I couldn't do that again. Then there were those funky almost crazy works he has with that 'extra-ordinary' director you love so much. I just couldn't take anymore risks. I can't die again...(´・Д・)」

Oh my god I was about to say, "what the heck is ILPK?"  Haha.  I still have one more ep to go of that show.  Sigh. 

The Musical is much, much better than ILPK.  I really legitimately liked some of the characters in that show.  The story was not the best, but it was okay (and only 15 episodes anyway).  Again, for story too, I'd say way better than ILPK.  Seriously, in the second half, a lot of the focus is on his character, which was a pleasant surprise to me, since I went in totally blind.  So, right now you obviously have no reason to watch it, but next long dry spell (which will never happen, right? right? we're done with those...) maybe you would be desperate enough to try it.

And noooo.  You did not just lump ILPK together with The Scary One, the Ghost and I and Castella, did you?  Awwwww.  Oh no.  No no no.  Not the same at alllll.

Ha.

But even if you didn't like them, you only wasted like 2 hours total on them (3 tops).  ILPK is 16 freaking hours.  (Why did I ever watch it lol)

I honestly do love The Scary One (really), but Castella is objectively a bit of a mess (sorry, my director love!  I'm still going to watch Babysitter haha).  Subs would probably help a bit, but probably not that much.  I appreciate Castella more than I love it, I guess.  Of all the things he was in in 2007, that's my favorite.  First significant TV role!  It's historic, if nothing else.

12 hours ago, dr25 said:

Having seen the stills, I can safely say...uri Monster KW is anything but 'smooth and well-dressed' XD. Gaksital, War of Arrows, Chunno KW is more like it. Think he'd kill someone cuz they smelled bad tho? LOL that was eeeeevil epic.

Yeah, the wardrobe...did you see the other crazy shirt over in the drama thread?  Oh dear.

But...he is at some point supposed to try to get his father's approval and I take that to mean that he'll get serious (and dress accordingly) after a while.  And then turn into a monster.  Or in the other order, I have no idea.  So there might still be some of that too (suits and normal hair).

I do love when he gets to play eeevil characters (see that War of the Arrows love letter up there lol), so I hope they write his character well.  Make me love him, and hate him, and love-hate him.  He is totally capable of handling that.

Edit:

Oh, this song won't get out of my head ever since I called his character a black sheep and now juxtaposed with all the talk about his blond hair...well, maybe this will make sense to more than just me.  Earworm, anyone?

Spoiler, for slight off-topic-ness...

Lyrics:

Here I am, back home again. I'm here to rest.
All they ask is where I've been, knowing I've been west.
I'm the family's unowned boy, golden curls of envied hair.
Pretty girls with faces fair see the shine in the black sheep boy.

If you love me, you'll let me live in peace.
Please understand that the black sheep can wear the golden fleece and hold a winning hand.
I'm the family's unowned boy, golden curls of envied hair.
Pretty girls with faces fair see the shine in the black sheep boy.

• Like 2

I enjoyed his goofy IG food fest today. :D  Glad he's enjoying his time in Hainan and eating himself silly. 

A couple of screencaps from the first teaser for Monster (yay, it's really happening! haha):

0V43RTv.jpg
RNERE0R.jpg

Teaser here.  I wish there was a nicer quality version though.  Sooo compressed and icky and we can do better than SD in 2016, can't we?  Bad MBC.

But still.  Yay!  I shall not complain too much because he's there, in action, so all is well. :)

• Like 2

More Monster script reading:

uJ02I0P.jpg
utS5Tdh.jpg
source

And I think this is my favorite selfie he's posted so far...

Ah, the neverending saga of the hair...lol

• Like 2

Instagram updates:

I want to know what the guy in the crocs is doing with the hat...

And related:

18 hours ago, pechumori said:

Park Ki Woong and Chen Bolin took a selfie during the shooting of "Monster"
translated by Pechumori
3/16/16

Park Ki Woong and Taiwanese actor Chen Bolin took a selfie.

On March 15, Park Ki Woong posted a photo on his Instagram with the caption "This Hyung (brother) and I became friends quickly. He is gentle, bright and positive."

In the photo, Park Ki Woong and Chen Bolin showed off a neat appearance while wearing colorful, printed costumes and presented warm smiles.

Netizens who saw the photo gave various reactions such as "I'm waiting for the drama", "Their photo feels heartwarming", "I am looking forward to the footage from Hainan" and "Two of Asia's handsome actors".

Park Ki Woong and Chen Bolin star in the MBC drama "Monster" which will have its first broadcast on March 28 at 10 pm.

credit: http://www.mydaily.co.kr/new_yk/html/read.php?newsid=201603160954441110&ext=da

And new Monster still:

2B04GkC.jpg
source

I kind of want his real hair back.  When will I ever see you again, hair?  :D

• Like 2

Monster posters:

xO5QMLT.jpg

Txvqmge.jpg
credit: 1 2

Press conference is just a day away (live streaming link from MBC juuust in case it works and someone missed it in the drama thread)!  Tomorrow about this time we'll be swimming in photos and news.  And the drama starts Monday!

• Like 1

A few Monster press conference photos...

6pH7MQs.jpg
n9G1iCp.jpg
q2wDQsE.jpg

Such a gentleman ;)

wSBNdv0.jpg

even though she kind of laughed at him :)

• Like 1

With Monster rice wreaths at the press conference:

Did not expect that his Japanese fanclub would so thoroughly outdo everyone else :)

• Like 2

Ki Woong's IG update :)

Good morning!:-) Long time no see.. hehe 

Well, now he is blonde again.. Why is he so cute like this? I really like when he is blonde :D

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, hlg9_stv said:

Well, now he is blonde again.. Why is he so cute like this? I really like when he is blonde

Yeah, what are they doing with his hair?  Or not his hair, I guess :)  I wonder how long his real hair is by now.

It looks light blond, but kind of different from before?  I'm still pretty confused about the order of things in this drama because I know we're seeing things out of order right now.

Hey, only about a day until the first episode!  Yay! 

Today I was looking at articles and the press conference video and trying to piece together what I could of what he said.  I did something like half of it and could still do more (there was one section I skipped entirely), but now I'm afraid to post it because I know it's a terrible translation. :lol:

Ygp7uWD.jpg
source

I like this one too.  I hardly know what to do now that there's too much stuff to post instead of nothing at all. :)

• Like 2

A few more Monster stills:

nHbcGTT.jpg

Spoiler

And look who's coming up in next week's episodes! Wouldn't consider this a spoiler since it's totally disconnected from everything else in the show up to now, but it's from the episode 3 preview...fyi.  Avert your eyes if that's something you care about, because I'm not hiding it!

RrjN0mt.jpg

So, did everyone watch this week's episodes?  The Section TV interview?  Are we all waiting impatiently, or is it just me? :)

• Like 2

Okay, maybe this is a slight, very mild spoiler?  Only if you don't know who Gun Woo's supposed to be teaming up with later in the drama.  So I guessss I can hide this... New stills:

Spoiler

But I'm getting such Chen vibes from this that I need to share its squee-worthiness somewhere. :)  Can it be Monday already?  I don't normally want to just skip the weekend, but...gimme.  Want!  Aaaaahhh!

:lol:

(Send help.)

Also, he looks a little like yesterday's selfie there.

So many hoodies :)

• Like 2

Monster stills!  I'll probably continue to post stills here but hide most of them in case anyone hasn't watched yet (and because of the sheer volume).  Although most of these have been so weird taken out of context like this that I doubt it would give away anything important unless you already know what you're looking at. :)

SE5ldK3.jpg

Spoiler

9AgsCZ7.jpg
QqWdgQr.jpg
BxyY2jl.jpg
5HS6s4l.jpg
t6fUIdv.jpg
HbHJ3eC.jpg

So...where does this rank in his blond role history?  Have to say I'm not so much a fan of his hair here.  But again...still not his hair, technically!  Anyway, I think Kang Hwi still beats them all for best blond. :D  The color here is pretty good, but the styling is not doing it for me.  I won't even go into the clothes, lol.

0ozvnZB.jpg
P48jQPH.jpg
all from the official site

And...

giCabq8.jpg

I feel fairly certain that at some point I'm going to have a moment where I want to do some Gun Woo gushing and I swear that I try to keep that to a minimum in the drama thread because I don't want to be that person.  :D

So I'll save it for here, but then I'm going to feel like I shouldn't spoil anything for anyone, so what to do...lol.  I promise that I will warn of spoilers and hide anything questionable just in case. :)  But that moment in episode 3 was worth the wait!  Or okay, it was a really long wait and I sure complained enough about it but there he was and it was good.  Ha.  Gun Woooooo...I am so ready for you to break my heart into a million pieces...

• Like 2

Some other reactions and things to his appearance in Monster...

News from the drama thread:

On 4/4/2016 at 1:33 AM, pechumori said:

The intense first appearance of Park Ki Woong in "Monster"
translated by Pechumori
4/2/16

The emergence of Park Ki Woong is extraordinary.

MBC Monday and Tuesday drama "Monster" reveals the first appearance of Park Ki Woong in his return to the TV screen, as Do Gun Woo, the abandoned and illegitimate child of the Dodo Group Chairman Do Chun (played by Park Young Gyu).

Spoiler

In particular, the photos released showed the intense image of Park Ki Woong who is 200% immersed in his role as the rebellious Do Gun Woo and this has drawn attention. An image of him holding a gun in one hand and aiming to shoot at someone while looking fiercely has stimulated curiosity about his story which will soon unfold.

A production staff of "Monster" said "The emergence of new characters in the third episode which will air on April 4, aims to attract the attention of viewers. The relationship between Do Gun Woo and Byun Il Jae will be one of the interesting points and will add a lot of tension in the drama Monster. We ask for your attention. Please tune in for more interesting stories and watch out for Monster" he said

Meanwhile, Kang Ji Hwan, Sung Yuri, Park Ki Woong and Soo Hyun will appear in the thrid episode of the MBC drama "Monster" which will air on April 4 at 10 pm.

credit: http://www.imbc.com/broad/tv/drama/monster/news/index.html?idx=179489

Viewer reactions about the first week (excerpts):

Osen - Naver: 'Monster', Kang Ji Hwan♥ Sung Yuri bickering.. chemistry starts

1. [+1,137, -38] Park Ki Woong is a charming villain both here and in 'Gaksital'

2. [+1, 028, -50] Park Ki Woong's acting ㄷㄷㄷ No words needed for Kang Ji Hwan and Sung Yuri is decent too ㅋㅋㅋ Fun drama

4. [+670, -43] Park Ki Woong is honestly charming

credit: kkuljaem

Instagram update:

What's up with his ankle?  I assume it's the same old injury, but I hope he didn't re-injure it or something.  I will assume that the rehab is an ongoing thing.  He looks tired though... 

• Like 2

Tickle hugs!

Huh, okay.  I had a somewhat irrational liking for Shin Joo Hwan.  I guess now it's a rational liking. ;)

Who was taking a picture of this? 

I guess I might as well post these too...some Monster BTS photos:

XCKPsMG.jpg
FMcGeTr.jpg
source

And as I post this again, I realize that I have a whole collection of him holding the boom or playing with the cameras on set by now.  :)

pkw%20ams1_zpsviao73et.jpg
HycJcFR.jpg
9BasRs6.jpg

• Like 2

Monster stills from the past week or so...

zlrtrAz.jpg

Spoiler

f4tl5ja.jpg
TkKXtEv.jpg
8qLPwOJ.jpg
NGpScph.jpg
alcbcvS.jpg
3pWCYi9.jpg
P3KWZbt.jpg
m4AeMH4.jpg

And AHHHH this scene.  Thank god we finally got there. :)

Spoiler

SI69wbO.jpg

• Like 2

More Monster, random BTS...

W7PCQBJ.jpg

Spoiler

rmcBh2H.jpg
Drn9MfE.jpg
iCVlrmk.jpg
o8T91DO.jpg
eWCxaqF.jpg
hlizhG1.jpg
asEN2uk.jpg

Stills and things:

Spoiler

ENLhLLK.jpg
pqMQp0U.jpg
GAMH1Hg.jpg
dM4Ip12.jpg
FRPLbfF.jpg
8iZSpdw.jpg
4MQoUqB.jpg
sources: 1 2 3 

• Like 1

Aw, sleeping in the car already? :( Well, he looks comfy enough, at least.

It gives me some comfort that there are so many characters in Monster that the live shooting/total lack of sleep issues shouldn't be as severe for any one actor as they sometimes are.  Unlike Gaksital, when I wanted to go kidnap everyone so they could sleep.

You guys, I did something weird last night when I watched episode 13.  I'm so stuck in that new music high (wooo new Radiohead!) that I didn't want to stop listening to watch, so I muted it and let Radiohead play, haha.  I only switched the audio when there were Gun Woo scenes.  It's like the low-rent, less conspiracy theory-ish version of The Wizard of Oz/Dark Side of the Moon.  Good lord...Monster/A Moon Shaped Pool...what have I done?  :) 

I wonder if he's been listening to it yet?  If he's still into Radiohead?

• Like 2

Aaah, it has been so loooong since there have been interviews!  News photos!  Yay!

Osen, May 12, 2016 (part 1 | part 2 | part 3):

S1ODLiJ.jpg
L3zlhJY.jpg
xwBOj8E.jpg

Spoiler

n3iy2bx.jpg
3ZzTflZ.jpg
x5BfkyT.jpg
gaAkCDW.jpg
j3jX7Eb.jpg
byZx2Vs.jpg

Now, to try to make any sense at all of the actual articles, haha.  Wish me luck.

• Like 2

What is this?

credit: gyeonggipolice

Promoting something for the Gyeongi Nambu police?  Something relay?  Haha, I have no idea.  I see that their youtube channel has a bunch of random kpop groups in similar videos though....and I still have no idea what it means. :D  Maybe something about using your headlights to help prevent car accidents?  Some sort of traffic safety PSA thing.

Oh well, it's cute. :)

• Like 2