Park Ki Woong 박기웅

ecs707a

• Replies 868
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, tiffanny loveley said:

hi plz where i can find English sub for his instagram updates?

Umm, don't think it exists?  Not consistently anyway.  Maybe someone else knows better than I do though.  He just doesn't have a really unified, cohesive English-speaking fanbase, so...

We do the best we can here, with our "translations". :)  Mostly, they're not too difficult to understand, so if you have questions, we might be able to answer.

Anyway, watched the I Live Alone episode with subs last night.  Lol, he totally referred to himself as "oppa" and they didn't translate that part, nor the caption that would explain the joke to anyone who didn't know he was younger than her.  They're cute :)

4 hours ago, ecs707a said:

Umm, don't think it exists?  Not consistently anyway.  Maybe someone else knows better than I do though.  He just doesn't have a really unified, cohesive English-speaking fanbase, so...

We do the best we can here, with our "translations". :)  Mostly, they're not too difficult to understand, so if you have questions, we might be able to answer.

Anyway, watched the I Live Alone episode with subs last night.  Lol, he totally referred to himself as "oppa" and they didn't translate that part, nor the caption that would explain the joke to anyone who didn't know he was younger than her.  They're cute :)

I've already watched this episode with subs too. I like the way he calls himself "oppa" even if he's younger and when he asked her: " Should I come over and help you?". I think there must  be something between them.. Why not? :)You guys know that he really likes her)

7 hours ago, hlg9_stv said:

I've already watched this episode with subs too. I like the way he calls himself "oppa" even if he's younger and when he asked her: " Should I come over and help you?". I think there must  be something between them.. Why not? :)You guys know that he really likes her)

I do love how they joke with each other, and are generally just really comfortable, it seems like.  They've been friends for a long time now.  And since I like them both separately so much...haha

But...

*wet blanket mode activated*

I'm going to say I'm pretty sure they're just friends.  The fact that she called him at all...that alone basically rules it out, doesn't it?  Ha.  Also, the cynic in me has a sneaking suspicion that MBC could have had something to do with that anyway. 

On the upside, I really do believe that they're good friends.  I feel like they've had this understanding where he can say he thinks her head is pretty (which still cracks me up) when he gets asked the same question for the millionth time, and she lets him.  :)

Also, I'm an equal opportunity (non-)shipper, which is to say I ship him with everyone and therefore no one, lol.  I just want him to be happy and it really means a lot more to me to know he has friends.  And I like getting the very rare chance to see his interactions with his friends.

And...

AzX20b0.jpg
source

Here's some more blond for you, @hlg9_stv!  I have no comment on that shirt, though. Haha.

On 3/6/2016 at 7:14 PM, ecs707a said:

Oh thank u so much ♥♥ i hope with time they translate his updates ♥ and give him more attention :) cuz he deserve it our best actor 

On 07.03.2016 at 8:58 AM, ecs707a said:

Here's some more blond for you, @hlg9_stv!  I have no comment on that shirt, though. Haha.

Two handsome guys under one umbrella *Ü* Thank you!)) I've already read the article about those two, but your @ecs707a variant of their dialogue I like much more  :D:D

By the way, his tiger printed jacket doesn't look weird. It looks pretty ^ ^ He must be really young and such a terror in those scenes, so he's wearing this way. ^ ^

12 hours ago, hlg9_stv said:

Two handsome guys under one umbrella *Ü* Thank you!)) I've already read the article about those two, but your @ecs707a variant of their dialogue I like much more  :D:D

By the way, his tiger printed jacket doesn't look weird. It looks pretty ^ ^ He must be really young and such a terror in those scenes, so he's wearing this way. ^ ^

Heh.  Glad you liked my bromantic alternate universe.  :D  I'm kinda not feeling very optimistic about poor Gun Woo's chances in the romance department, so maybe I'm already giving up on that, haha.  Fortunately, that's not what I watch dramas for anyway, so I'm sure it'll be fine. 

Yeah, I'm actually okay with the tiger jacket thing (though I'd still say it's a little weird, personally).  It's that palm tree monstrosity of a shirt that offends my eyes.  Was wondering in the drama thread which part of the drama takes place in the 90's, so if that's it, then maybe we can blame the shirt on this drama's 2016 interpretation of 90's fashion. 

Waiting to see what flavor of black sheep/rejected son/bad boy we're going to get in this drama. :)  I want him to be awesome and tortured and hateable and lovable all at once.  Because to have 50 episodes of that would make me very happy.

(Also, just a general reminder: we're supposed to delete images and videos from our quotes.  I don't really care, but the mods might. :) So just try to remember to delete them when you quote someone.)

A few more airport photos from last weekend (to China, for Monster shoots), from MBC:

p6paZF7.jpg
F27vylX.jpg

Spoiler

BUtk58P.jpg
n2QxpTD.jpg

And some from the set and rehearsals in China (I think):

h4AL5wS.jpg

Yeah, thissss one...I may or may not have been staring at this one for a while already....
jKl5GcD.jpg

:)

Spoiler

PBINtz7.jpg
source

Edit:

How crazy is it that I'm a tiny bit annoyed that we didn't get the bigger/full version of that first one of the rehearsal pics?  There was more...

pBKZ3LB.jpg

On second thought, don't answer that.  I already know. :D

Not sure about the 은근 part (quiet? shy?), but he does look tired.  Hence the caffeine, I guess.  :)  Wonder how long they're staying in Hainan?

More Monster news from the drama thread, to go with the airport photos:

17 hours ago, pechumori said:

Park Ki Woong's Handsome Airport Look
translated by Pechumori
3/9/16

Park Ki Woong left for Hainan, China through the Incheon International Airport, last March 5 at 8 pm to shoot the new MBC drama "Monster".

On that day, Park Ki Woong appeared at the airport and his extraordinary resolution for his first work after his military discharge can be seen in his eyes. In addition, his strong will to perform which he longed for while he was in the military service, will now be unfolded.

After the poster shooting, without even resting for a moment, Park Ki Woong immediately flew to the airport, wearing a T-shirt on top of the usual jeans, appearing in an uncharacteristic modest look for a star.

However, the Rider's jacket and shoes, both in suede material shows off a simple yet sensuous fashion sense that does not miss a detail and are in harmony with his light brown hair color.

The handsome fashion look of Park Ki Woong as he departs from the Incheon International Airport for Hainan, China are now revealed to the public.

credit: http://enews.imbc.com/News/RetrieveNewsInfo/176911

You know guys, for me PKW has always been more of a friendly face. Inducing the nice big brother (non-oppa) feels. Now, I don't know if it's the sun-gold hair, the perfect waves (for the first time ever!!!), or simply because I missed him so much but he looks daimn hot in those Monster stills! ❤️_❤️ Sexy Kiwoong  o(≧▽≦)o . I can't call him oppa yet lols he's more of a sexy 'gentleman'. (KW-shi) is more like it, heh. 

I Live Alone hah? Never had the chance to befriend a celeb lol  Would I love him more if we end up as friends? Or will the brilliance fade the closer we get? Yeah yeah Not gonna heppen. It just crossed my mind since I too am interested in seeing his interaction with his friends. Speaking of which...he followed Joo Won on IG (~_~;). I was thrilled to learn that he made one. I think I'll make it a goal of mine to like every one of his posts til the end of time. I can do that :) . If it's the new agency's doing, then kudos to Ha JiWon! He needs more exposer, IG is just one way, a 50 ep long drama is another, bright blond hair is third (like in your face 'HELLO') statement. Thumbs up for that! It kinda makes me crack up tho because I'm now seeing an image of tortured KW in army suit reflecting on his life and vowing to make a change. Nothing wronge with that if it were to happen in rl but I can see how my brain kinda fabricated a scene from a KDrama somewhere to fit the assumption XD Totall mess. Anyhow, whatever the reason for him to take such course of action (which may not be a course but mere random coincidental decisions) I hope it's for the best. Fighting sexy PKW-shi!

Edit:

The guy in Monster stills is more of a spoiled brat than a gentleman, KW the person looks like one with sexy wavy hair. His character kinda remind me of the charcter Near from Death Note. :lol:

On February 10, 2016 at 1:48 AM, ecs707a said:

I just want his character to be worthy of him.  I really want to love it as a drama too, though.  There's nothing I can do about ratings, so I'll just hope they're at least respectable because I want them all to be happy to be creating something (50 episodes long....) that people are enjoying. 

Is that too much to ask?  Maybe.  But I want it.

Nope..not at all. 

Also, you haven't seen The Musical??  I'm surprised you resisted during this whole dry spell.  It's really not that bad!  Ha.  Actually, his character is probably the best thing about the show, but the show itself I honestly thought was okay anyway.  Not great, but more watchable than, say, Invincible Lee Pyung Kang.  Which I still haven't finished.  I stopped on episode 14, I think.  I'm so close...but it's so boring.  :)  Yoo Jin has the whole smooth and well-dressed, perfectly in control rich kid thing going on, and he nails it, so that's where my brain keeps going when I think of that type for him.   Aw, I luff him.  Yoo Jin's a good character.

Having seen the stills, I can safely say...uri Monster KW is anything but 'smooth and well-dressed' XD. Gaksital, War of Arrows, Chunno KW is more like it. Think he'd kill someone cuz they smelled bad tho? LOL that was eeeeevil epic. 

Didn't watch the Musical for I was traumatized by ILPK. I was warned but I went in heeding to no one's warnings only to get myself killed by boredom. I couldn't do that again. Then there were those funky almost crazy works he has with that 'extra-ordinary' director you love so much. I just couldn't take anymore risks. I can't die again...(´・Д・)」

13 hours ago, dr25 said:

You know guys, for me PKW has always been more of a friendly face. Inducing the nice big brother (non-oppa) feels. Now, I don't know if it's the sun-gold hair, the perfect waves (for the first time ever!!!), or simply because I missed him so much but he looks daimn hot in those Monster stills! ❤️_❤️ Sexy Kiwoong  o(≧▽≦)o . I can't call him oppa yet lols he's more of a sexy 'gentleman'. (KW-shi) is more like it, heh. 

You too, huh?  I have spent much time wondering when exactly he got so hot. :)  I mean, for me it was definitely before he left (lol Beating Hearts episode 17 comes to mind), but still.  Now he's hotter.  And it has nothing to do with the hair, it's just..him.  

Combo of bearing, personality, looks (okay, yes), and whatever else and I don't know but he gets better with age, apparently!  Haha. 

13 hours ago, dr25 said:

I Live Alone hah? Never had the chance to befriend a celeb lol  Would I love him more if we end up as friends? Or will the brilliance fade the closer we get? Yeah yeah Not gonna heppen. It just crossed my mind since I too am interested in seeing his interaction with his friends. Speaking of which...he followed Joo Won on IG (~_~;). I was thrilled to learn that he made one. I think I'll make it a goal of mine to like every one of his posts til the end of time. I can do that :) . If it's the new agency's doing, then kudos to Ha JiWon! He needs more exposer, IG is just one way, a 50 ep long drama is another, bright blond hair is third (like in your face 'HELLO') statement. Thumbs up for that! It kinda makes me crack up tho because I'm now seeing an image of tortured KW in army suit reflecting on his life and vowing to make a change. Nothing wronge with that if it were to happen in rl but I can see how my brain kinda fabricated a scene from a KDrama somewhere to fit the assumption XD Totall mess. Anyhow, whatever the reason for him to take such course of action (which may not be a course but mere random coincidental decisions) I hope it's for the best. Fighting sexy PKW-shi!

Aw, I really don't think he was that much of a hermit before though.  He really was doing the same thing with his twitter, but IG just took off while he was gone.  It hadn't so much before he left (in the k-celeb world), so I don't think it was that he was just unwilling. 

....actually I kind of miss him on twitter though now.  Not that you can say much more on twitter than IG, but they feel different.  Obviously the photo is the point, and other things become secondary.  Communication through the visual instead of words.  Which I should be happy about, since my Korean is still crap, lol.  Maybe it's just that I'm more drawn to words and writing in general.  IG sometimes (ohh who are we kidding...OFTEN) makes me want to punch people in the face (the filters, the staged perfection, #blessed AHHHH).  Not him though. :) I do like his social media presence, and I think he's done well keeping the balance between self-promotion (and keeping his fans happy) and what's apparently his natural tendency towards privacy and basically the opposite of attention-seeking behavior.

It's still making me sad that my favorite of his posts so far has the least likes :( Waaah.

I like selfies too, but variety is the spice of life, people...

12 hours ago, dr25 said:

Didn't watch the Musical for I was traumatized by ILPK. I was warned but I went in heeding to no one's warnings only to get myself killed by boredom. I couldn't do that again. Then there were those funky almost crazy works he has with that 'extra-ordinary' director you love so much. I just couldn't take anymore risks. I can't die again...(´・Д・)」

Oh my god I was about to say, "what the heck is ILPK?"  Haha.  I still have one more ep to go of that show.  Sigh. 

The Musical is much, much better than ILPK.  I really legitimately liked some of the characters in that show.  The story was not the best, but it was okay (and only 15 episodes anyway).  Again, for story too, I'd say way better than ILPK.  Seriously, in the second half, a lot of the focus is on his character, which was a pleasant surprise to me, since I went in totally blind.  So, right now you obviously have no reason to watch it, but next long dry spell (which will never happen, right? right? we're done with those...) maybe you would be desperate enough to try it.

And noooo.  You did not just lump ILPK together with The Scary One, the Ghost and I and Castella, did you?  Awwwww.  Oh no.  No no no.  Not the same at alllll.

Ha.

But even if you didn't like them, you only wasted like 2 hours total on them (3 tops).  ILPK is 16 freaking hours.  (Why did I ever watch it lol)

I honestly do love The Scary One (really), but Castella is objectively a bit of a mess (sorry, my director love!  I'm still going to watch Babysitter haha).  Subs would probably help a bit, but probably not that much.  I appreciate Castella more than I love it, I guess.  Of all the things he was in in 2007, that's my favorite.  First significant TV role!  It's historic, if nothing else.

12 hours ago, dr25 said:

Having seen the stills, I can safely say...uri Monster KW is anything but 'smooth and well-dressed' XD. Gaksital, War of Arrows, Chunno KW is more like it. Think he'd kill someone cuz they smelled bad tho? LOL that was eeeeevil epic.

Yeah, the wardrobe...did you see the other crazy shirt over in the drama thread?  Oh dear.

But...he is at some point supposed to try to get his father's approval and I take that to mean that he'll get serious (and dress accordingly) after a while.  And then turn into a monster.  Or in the other order, I have no idea.  So there might still be some of that too (suits and normal hair).

I do love when he gets to play eeevil characters (see that War of the Arrows love letter up there lol), so I hope they write his character well.  Make me love him, and hate him, and love-hate him.  He is totally capable of handling that.

Edit:

Oh, this song won't get out of my head ever since I called his character a black sheep and now juxtaposed with all the talk about his blond hair...well, maybe this will make sense to more than just me.  Earworm, anyone?

Spoiler, for slight off-topic-ness...

Lyrics:

Here I am, back home again. I'm here to rest.
All they ask is where I've been, knowing I've been west.
I'm the family's unowned boy, golden curls of envied hair.
Pretty girls with faces fair see the shine in the black sheep boy.

If you love me, you'll let me live in peace.
Please understand that the black sheep can wear the golden fleece and hold a winning hand.
I'm the family's unowned boy, golden curls of envied hair.
Pretty girls with faces fair see the shine in the black sheep boy.

I enjoyed his goofy IG food fest today. :D  Glad he's enjoying his time in Hainan and eating himself silly. 

A couple of screencaps from the first teaser for Monster (yay, it's really happening! haha):

0V43RTv.jpg
RNERE0R.jpg

Teaser here.  I wish there was a nicer quality version though.  Sooo compressed and icky and we can do better than SD in 2016, can't we?  Bad MBC.

But still.  Yay!  I shall not complain too much because he's there, in action, so all is well. :)

Instagram updates:

I want to know what the guy in the crocs is doing with the hat...

And related:

18 hours ago, pechumori said:

Park Ki Woong and Chen Bolin took a selfie during the shooting of "Monster"
translated by Pechumori
3/16/16

Park Ki Woong and Taiwanese actor Chen Bolin took a selfie.

On March 15, Park Ki Woong posted a photo on his Instagram with the caption "This Hyung (brother) and I became friends quickly. He is gentle, bright and positive."

In the photo, Park Ki Woong and Chen Bolin showed off a neat appearance while wearing colorful, printed costumes and presented warm smiles.

Netizens who saw the photo gave various reactions such as "I'm waiting for the drama", "Their photo feels heartwarming", "I am looking forward to the footage from Hainan" and "Two of Asia's handsome actors".

Park Ki Woong and Chen Bolin star in the MBC drama "Monster" which will have its first broadcast on March 28 at 10 pm.

credit: http://www.mydaily.co.kr/new_yk/html/read.php?newsid=201603160954441110&ext=da

And new Monster still:

2B04GkC.jpg
source

I kind of want his real hair back.  When will I ever see you again, hair?  :D

Archived