Park Ki Woong 박기웅

ecs707a

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 868
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmm, well.  Last time I came here to post these everything was all effed up on this page but I guess soompi is cooperating again so...

Another VIP premiere!  This time for Han Chae Ah's new movie Part-time Spy (March 13, 2017):

RBXyP5U.jpg
wpZRpAO.jpg
R4EJGhc.jpg

More...

Spoiler

nAKhikM.jpg
rZxGpvx.jpg
IQWrU7u.jpg

source: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

And the insta-selfie:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Cheese in the Trap filming, with Park Hae Jin:

n5deyhu.jpg

Spoiler

I had kind of forgotten that there would be high school scenes, haha.  Getting 2007-era Castella and Someone Behind You flashbacks (aren't those the only times he's played a high school student with a uniform?  Leaving out of course Shunji, since he didn't wear the "classic" boys high school uniform :wink:)

Also, I was thinking the other day about the fact that he's Inho.  And that means piano, even if it means less piano perhaps than the drama, and it means that we'll get some nice hand closeups.  That second pic is what reminded me of that, btw. :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Ahhhhh!  Mad Sad Bad is coming to dramafever!  Whoa.  I would never have expected that, but it's a good surprise!  Yay, finally subs :)

Should be out on Friday, according to the release schedule.  Movie page here.

Would also post on the movie thread for the 1 person that might read it there but it got archived.  Lol, oooops.  Guess I needed to post there more.

Also, his puppies are cute and again, why did he not have pets before?  Depriving us of all this cute all this time.  :wink:

• 3 months later...

Well, finally a real confirmation.  He will appear in the SBS drama Return starting in January!  I was pretty sure it was happening, but there really was no confirmation until this last batch of articles.  I guess the script reading was today though :)  I'm interested already, in part because this show seems to be set up a little differently, with more of a ensemble cast kind of feel (from the description anyway).  Or at the very least, it doesn't seem overly romance-heavy, so that gives me hope.  Since I'm one of those weirdos that I am that isn't all that into (kdrama) romance but still likes kdramas :D

Here's cast composite from one of the articles:

GYveubc.jpg

1) Go Hyun Jung | Lee Jin Wook | Shin Sung Rok

2) Jung Eun Chae | PKW | Bong Tae Gyu

(And calling @dr25!!  LJW and PKW in one drama - how can you pass that up?)

Here's the article from the initial maybe-casting news:

Park Ki-woong offered SBS legal mystery-thriller Return
by javabeans

Park Ki-woong (Monster) is looking at a new drama, which makes me very happy, even though I’m acutely aware that I’m happy every single time Park Ki-woong announces a new project, and sometimes that happiness is rewarded, and sometimes it’s met with pain. He can be so freaking good when he’s on (Gaksital, War of the Arrows), but then he’ll go and do Full House 2. Or Seoul Murim Story. Or Monster. (I watched thirty freaking episodes of Monster for him before I had to tap out. He was good in it, but it was not good.)

Anyway. The new project. It’s the SBS drama titled Return, which cast Go Hyun-jung (Dear My Friends) early on to play a lawyer from humble beginnings who takes on the defense of a suspect in a murder case dubbed the “High Society Murder Scandal.” The case comes to her at the request of the suspect’s wife, a lawyer herself who attended law school with Go Hyun-jung, though she put aside her career for marriage. Film actress Jung Eun-chae (The King, Dr. Frost) has been cast to play the wife, and the two women will work together in uncovering the mystery.

Park Ki-woong has been offered the the role of a chaebol heir and executive at a large conglomerate, described as “99.9% golden spoon,” having no siblings with whom to fight over the metaphorical throne. Well, it doesn’t tell us whether he’s good or evil, but I’m really hoping he’s evil (and with the chaebol and high-society-murder setup, it’s a likely scenario), because he does so well with twisted characters, even if it would be typecasting him as such at this point.

Source/rest of article over at dramabeans

Also, he hasn't been in an SBS drama since...The Musical?  It's been a long time.  Although I guess we could count FH2 a little, since it was SBS Plus.

Hopefully more CITT news is forthcoming too.

• 1 month later...

Return script reading photos:

4xjW88p.jpg

Spoiler

7OozKCz.jpg

source

Starts January 17th!  I still have no idea what to expect, but it looks like he's a little on the eeevil side, so of course I'm on board :wink:

Well, I would be regardless...

I realized the other day that his character is In Ho.  Again.  So we'll have him as two different In Ho characters back-to-back, most likely.  Which is a little weird.

• 4 weeks later...
55 minutes ago, fujisaku said:

There's no one here? So sad... :(

I'm here!  Do I not count? :wink: 

Granted, it's pretty sad that we've been on the same page for a year...it's hard to talk to yourself, lol.  Come chat with me!  I know I'm super behind on updating with CITT and Return stuff, and I'm traveling for the next few days but I promise I'll be back!

I really need Gaksital/Monster/Return fanfiction. I wonder if Koreans have a fanfiction website.

I currently rewatch Monster with the timeline comment on Viki. I don't know why everyone keeps saying Do Gun Woo was a drug addict who didn't even attend a university. I always think that the drug addict part was a lie invented by Byung Il Jae, so that madam wouldn't see him as a threat and he obviously had a law degree if he could work as an employee in Dodo Group.

I want to see him in Invincible Lee Pyung Kang but I don't want to watch the entire series.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/25/2018 at 6:48 AM, fujisaku said:

I currently rewatch Monster with the timeline comment on Viki. I don't know why everyone keeps saying Do Gun Woo was a drug addict who didn't even attend a university. I always think that the drug addict part was a lie invented by Byung Il Jae, so that madam wouldn't see him as a threat and he obviously had a law degree if he could work as an employee in Dodo Group.

Wow, rewatching Monster!  I'm impressed that you liked it enough to sit through it again - it's pretty long!  There would not be much I would care to see again except for the Gun Woo scenes (surprise surprise, right?).  Yeah, he was never a druggie and the comments on viki must be taken with a huge grain of salt.  I'm too distracted by the comments even when they're not idiotic that I can't watch with the comments on :)

On 3/25/2018 at 6:48 AM, fujisaku said:

I want to see him in Invincible Lee Pyung Kang but I don't want to watch the entire series.

Aww, that drama wasn't really that bad, surprisingly.  But absolutely do not watch it for him because he's barely in it, sadly.  It was like they intended to have him in a relatively major secondary role but his character ended up as the most minor of characters that has nothing to do with anything, really.  But it was okay as a show. 

Anyone watched CITT yet?  I have not but I'm tempted...

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/10/2018 at 4:50 AM, ecs707a said:

Wow, rewatching Monster!  I'm impressed that you liked it enough to sit through it again - it's pretty long!  There would not be much I would care to see again except for the Gun Woo scenes (surprise surprise, right?).  Yeah, he was never a druggie and the comments on viki must be taken with a huge grain of salt.  I'm too distracted by the comments even when they're not idiotic that I can't watch with the comments on :)

Aww, that drama wasn't really that bad, surprisingly.  But absolutely do not watch it for him because he's barely in it, sadly.  It was like they intended to have him in a relatively major secondary role but his character ended up as the most minor of characters that has nothing to do with anything, really.  But it was okay as a show. 

Anyone watched CITT yet?  I have not but I'm tempted...

I only watched the part with Gun Woo. lol.

I want to watch, but don't know where I can watch it.

• 7 months later...

Ah, well...I hadn't even gotten around to updating the first post and thread title and whatnot but I guess now it doesn't matter.

Blockbuster action drama Prometheus loses Ha Ji-won, Jin Gu, Park Ki-woong

by tineybeanie

Uh-oh. Things don’t look too good for planned MBC action drama Prometheus. This drama has been plagued with a bunch of production issues since its conception in 2016. Initially, it was backed by KBS, but (possibly due to the high cost of production) it was dropped and subsequently picked up by MBC. Originally, Prometheus was slated for broadcast in 2018, but the air date has been pushed back to “sometime next year.” The latest controversial news state that its three lead actors have dropped out of the project.

They had such a good cast too… Ha Ji-won (Hospital Ship), Jin Gu (Untouchable), and Park Ki-woong (Return) were going to play the main characters in what was supposed to be the next big action blockbuster drama about a palpable nuclear threat resulting from the tense North-South Korea relationship. However, they have reportedly all dropped out for personal reasons.

excerpt from dramabeans

Hope he picks up something else soon, though.  I would be more concerned about what "personal reasons" meant, but clearly the whole drama is a mess, so I'm sure it's just that.

• 1 month later...

Archived