Quantcast
ecs707a

Park Ki Woong 박기웅

I want to be annoyed because there's no news but I can't!  I mean, he's hanging out with his grandparents.  How can I be annoyed with that? :)

Grandma's cooking:

And maybe also visiting his other family members, since this is a photo with his cousin, obviously taken at someone's house, a someone who has it framed (lol, who wouldn't, right?  So cute.)

Okay, well, he's still alive.  And cold.

And I don't know what these are from.  Interview?  Fan meeting giveaways?  Photo shoot?  Old? New? I have no idea.

• Like 1

Hey, remember all that casting speculation for the Cheese in the Trap adaptation?  When he was still in the military? Well, apparently the new adaptation's casting directors remembered too.

Cheese in the Trap movie courts Park Ki-woong to play Baek In-ho

by javabeans | February 1, 2017

Ahh, this is a promising development: Park Ki-woong (Monster, Gaksital) is currently considering the Baek In-ho role in the Cheese in the Trap remake movie. After the tvN drama series fizzled out amid controversy and disgruntlement last year, I’ve been trying to keep hopes low and wariness on high about this movie version, but then they go and make casting choices that get me all excited and I can’t help feeling hopeful all over again.

The movie secured Park Hae-jin early on to reprise his role from the drama series as Yoo Jung, the mysterious college student whose perfect specs and polished facade hide a darker inner side. Then Oh Yeon-seo (Come Back Ajusshi) was tapped to play the main character, Hong Seol, the sensitive college student through whose eyes we see the story unfold. Oh Yeon-seo has a very different vibe (bolder, more comedic) than the quieter Kim Go-eun, who played Seol in the drama—and very well, at that—but despite their differences, I can also see her working in the role, and I’m definitely very interested in seeing how she’ll interpret the character.

Baek In-ho is a different can of worms altogether, especially given that the controversy surrounding the tvN series centered around this character. I thought Seo Kang-joon did a decent job in the role and liked him as In-ho—and that’s despite not liking him at all prior to Cheese in the Trap—but I definitely felt that the drama went off the rails, overemphasizing In-ho’s character in a way that felt disproportionate to his place in the story, while ignoring the more fascinating, more prominent Jung character. Frankly, I wasn’t sure that the movie would be able to cast a new In-ho who could make the role his own and not feel like a rehash of the drama… and then they went and offered the role to Park Ki-woong and suddenly I see it.

In fact, I’m even a little worried now that Park Ki-woong will be too good as In-ho, because I like my second leads to be relatively pain-free—I want them to be effective for the plot and to feel sympathetic, but I don’t want them to actually endanger my love of the main romance’s ship (being burned too many times will make anyone shy away!). I was safe with Seo Kang-joon, but I’m not so sure that’ll be the case with Park.

The original story mostly takes place from Seol’s perspective, and follows her life as an ordinary university student whose life starts to complicate through her interactions with an older student, Jung, whom she starts dating. She is intrigued by Jung, but is also vaguely unsettled by the glimpses of a darker, crueler underside that nobody else seems to notice. In-ho is Jung’s high school former best friend; a rift soured their relationship and makes their present-day interactions charged with hurt, anger, and tension. In-ho’s careless, rebellious attitude is a stark contrast to Jung’s controlled, principled personality, and he’s more rough and tumble than the polished hero. Park Ki-woong has that energy in spades, and always makes me feel for him even when he pushes too far and wants too much.

Cheese in the Trap’s webtoon writer, Soonkki, is currently at work on the screenplay. Park Ki-woong has not confirmed taking the role; his reps stated that he would make his final decision soon. The movie plans to begin filming in late April.

Via IS Plus, Sports Chosun

source: dramabeans

I...don't know how I feel about this yet.  He would be amazing, and I can see why he was considered for this, but I worry that this adaptation still won't please fans.  Or that something else will go wrong.

• Like 1

As far as I can tell, he's still not confirmed, but this makes it sound like he is, so...I don't know.  The comments are interesting regardless, so I'm posting it anyway!

Park Ki Woong cast as 'Baek Inho' in movie version of 'Cheese in the Trap'

Wednesday, February 01, 2017

Article: [Exclusive] Park Ki Woong to play 'Baek Inho' in the movie 'Cheese in the Trap'

Source: Ilgan Sports via Naver

1. [+3,822, -116] Wow daebak, the sync is jjang

2. [+3,033, -60] Daebak ㅋㅋㅋ I'm pretty sure his name was always on the list of fanmade casts ㅋㅋㅋ Once he dyes his hair, his looks and everything will be perfect for Baek Inho ㅠㅠ

3. [+2,108, -65] Whoa, I think he'll be a good fit. Can't wait! Who's going to be the female lead?

4. [+1,437, -53] He matches well!!!

5. [+1,320, -91] So far the characters are syncing up way better than the drama version~ but can it live up to the original webtoon...

6. [+211, -6] Wow, this is some proper casting now.. I can't wait to see who's going to play Baek Inha ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

7. [+183, -5] He's actually the actor most fans have been recommending

8. [+179, -7] Crazy how in sync this is

9. [+165, -6] Netizens have always said Park Ki Woong would be perfect for Baek Inho, congrats on landing the role!

10. [+167, -7] That's a good sync right there

source: netizenbuzz

The response is good, which I guess should be expected, since his name's been floating around as an Inho candidate for years now, haha.  Anyway, I'm still a liiiiiittle nervous about this, but I'm also excited.  Especially now that I hear that it's not a strict adaptation of the existing webtoon, but more like a continuation or sequel?  From the few installments I read of the webtoon back before the drama version aired, Inho is a very, very interesting character.  And now I want to go read more :)

• Like 1

So it's confirmed (source)!  Also, many, many more articles...

Time to get ready for this!

FVDWmqZ.jpg

Also, I did not realize til just now that the movie is produced by Park Hae Jin's agency.  Interesting.

EDIT:

Ah, here's the translated version from soompi news:

Actor Park Ki Woong Confirmed To Join Cast Of “Cheese In The Trap” Film

R. Choi February 7, 2017

Actor Park Ki Woong is the latest cast addition to the film adaptation of “Cheese in the Trap.”

Previous reports stated that the actor was considering a role in the upcoming film, and on February 8, a source from the film’s production team, Mountain Movement Story, stated, “Park Ki Woong has been cast as Baek In Ho.”

The upcoming film “Cheese in the Trap” is inspired by the original webtoon of the same name. A drama version of the webtoon aired last year, starring Park Hae Jin, Kim Go Eun, Seo Kang Joon, and Lee Sung Kyung.

Currently, actors Park Hae Jin and Oh Yeon Seo have been confirmed to play Yoo Jung and Hong Seol, respectively in the film version.

Source (1)

Edited by ecs707a
adding translated article
  • Like 1

Another one of these Cheese comparisons :wink:

4pCLFYC.jpg

Wonder when they'll start filming the movie.

Late birthday party?

Lol, this is one of those rare captions I can actually translate without looking anything up...

• Like 1

Hmm, well.  Last time I came here to post these everything was all effed up on this page but I guess soompi is cooperating again so...

Another VIP premiere!  This time for Han Chae Ah's new movie Part-time Spy (March 13, 2017):

RBXyP5U.jpg
wpZRpAO.jpg
R4EJGhc.jpg

More...

Spoiler

nAKhikM.jpg
rZxGpvx.jpg
IQWrU7u.jpg

source: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

And the insta-selfie:

With the Cheese cast:

And Dara's been cast too?  Ha.  Dara with her perfectly shaped head?  :D  I hope I'm not the only one who gets that reference... :wink: 

Cheese in the Trap filming, with Park Hae Jin:

n5deyhu.jpg

Spoiler

I had kind of forgotten that there would be high school scenes, haha.  Getting 2007-era Castella and Someone Behind You flashbacks (aren't those the only times he's played a high school student with a uniform?  Leaving out of course Shunji, since he didn't wear the "classic" boys high school uniform :wink:)

Also, I was thinking the other day about the fact that he's Inho.  And that means piano, even if it means less piano perhaps than the drama, and it means that we'll get some nice hand closeups.  That second pic is what reminded me of that, btw. :D

• Like 1

Ahhhhh!  Mad Sad Bad is coming to dramafever!  Whoa.  I would never have expected that, but it's a good surprise!  Yay, finally subs :)

Should be out on Friday, according to the release schedule.  Movie page here.

Would also post on the movie thread for the 1 person that might read it there but it got archived.  Lol, oooops.  Guess I needed to post there more.

Also, his puppies are cute and again, why did he not have pets before?  Depriving us of all this cute all this time.  :wink:

Well, finally a real confirmation.  He will appear in the SBS drama Return starting in January!  I was pretty sure it was happening, but there really was no confirmation until this last batch of articles.  I guess the script reading was today though :)  I'm interested already, in part because this show seems to be set up a little differently, with more of a ensemble cast kind of feel (from the description anyway).  Or at the very least, it doesn't seem overly romance-heavy, so that gives me hope.  Since I'm one of those weirdos that I am that isn't all that into (kdrama) romance but still likes kdramas :D

Here's cast composite from one of the articles:

GYveubc.jpg

1) Go Hyun Jung | Lee Jin Wook | Shin Sung Rok

2) Jung Eun Chae | PKW | Bong Tae Gyu

(And calling @dr25!!  LJW and PKW in one drama - how can you pass that up?)

Here's the article from the initial maybe-casting news:

Park Ki-woong offered SBS legal mystery-thriller Return
by javabeans

Park Ki-woong (Monster) is looking at a new drama, which makes me very happy, even though I’m acutely aware that I’m happy every single time Park Ki-woong announces a new project, and sometimes that happiness is rewarded, and sometimes it’s met with pain. He can be so freaking good when he’s on (Gaksital, War of the Arrows), but then he’ll go and do Full House 2. Or Seoul Murim Story. Or Monster. (I watched thirty freaking episodes of Monster for him before I had to tap out. He was good in it, but it was not good.)

Anyway. The new project. It’s the SBS drama titled Return, which cast Go Hyun-jung (Dear My Friends) early on to play a lawyer from humble beginnings who takes on the defense of a suspect in a murder case dubbed the “High Society Murder Scandal.” The case comes to her at the request of the suspect’s wife, a lawyer herself who attended law school with Go Hyun-jung, though she put aside her career for marriage. Film actress Jung Eun-chae (The King, Dr. Frost) has been cast to play the wife, and the two women will work together in uncovering the mystery.

Park Ki-woong has been offered the the role of a chaebol heir and executive at a large conglomerate, described as “99.9% golden spoon,” having no siblings with whom to fight over the metaphorical throne. Well, it doesn’t tell us whether he’s good or evil, but I’m really hoping he’s evil (and with the chaebol and high-society-murder setup, it’s a likely scenario), because he does so well with twisted characters, even if it would be typecasting him as such at this point.

Source/rest of article over at dramabeans

Also, he hasn't been in an SBS drama since...The Musical?  It's been a long time.  Although I guess we could count FH2 a little, since it was SBS Plus.

Hopefully more CITT news is forthcoming too.

Return script reading photos:

4xjW88p.jpg

Spoiler

7OozKCz.jpg

source

Starts January 17th!  I still have no idea what to expect, but it looks like he's a little on the eeevil side, so of course I'm on board :wink:

Well, I would be regardless...

I realized the other day that his character is In Ho.  Again.  So we'll have him as two different In Ho characters back-to-back, most likely.  Which is a little weird.

More Return stills and promotional material:

CnJ1MJY.jpg

CyfHqs3.jpg

Spoiler

Vria9C5.jpg

source: 1 2 3

His character is married!  Has he ever played a married man before?  I can't think of any others at the moment.

And this one was from the other day:

qxlzqMO.jpg
source

Some Return goodies.  One more day!

Press conference photos:

bHxNN9T.jpg

IlArnQi.jpg

Spoiler

HtYWI7z.jpg
pjxQSwF.jpg
vq3zinI.jpg

source: 1 2 3

Preview and press conference video:

Spoiler

source: SBS Drama

55 minutes ago, fujisaku said:

There's no one here? So sad... :(

I'm here!  Do I not count? :wink: 

Granted, it's pretty sad that we've been on the same page for a year...it's hard to talk to yourself, lol.  Come chat with me!  I know I'm super behind on updating with CITT and Return stuff, and I'm traveling for the next few days but I promise I'll be back!

• Like 1

Yes. You are the only one here. At least, I'm here now :relaxed:

PKW needs more international recognition. Most of his latest stuffs are very popular in Korea, but few people know him abroad.

• Like 1