Park Ki Woong 박기웅

ecs707a

• Replies 868
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Glad his car is air conditioned :)  Couldn't figure out what was going on with his foot for a while though.  :D

Still not done with this past week's Monster eps...still running woefully behind.  Oh well.  I like it enough to keep watching, but I'm not so into it that I feel motivated enough to watch it when I'm already tired in the evening, so I keep waiting until the weekend.  I'm only about halfway through 23 at the moment, so I better get to it, haha.  I liked this scene though. Faces:

FfZ7JlZ.jpg

Oh no.  What.  Haaaa...

How did I miss this earlier today?  Oh my god.

credit: ultra young

How funny. :D  Well, it's good that he can just embrace it because it's never going away, is it?  Good for him.  Make some money, have a sense of humor about it...made me laugh, too.  Love this boy <3

• 2 weeks later...

I am so far behiiiiind on Monster.  Okay, well now it's only a week, but there are new episodes coming!  Ack.  Too busy.  I did get to the new hair, though. 

Spoiler

o372gVJ.jpg

That was important, lol.

Hainan flashback, apparently from when they did the opening:

And this made me laugh:

Shin Joo Hwan speaks the truth :)

And speaking of whom...that BTS of Gun Woo's speech:

credit: MBCdrama

What is up with the tickling and those two?  Ha.

• 2 weeks later...

Recent instagram randomness!

...I want to tell him not to fall asleep :) 

I'm still not to whatever underwater scene it is they were shooting here...I'm up to ep 31 though! 

Hand!

He's so weird :D Goodnight to you too, hand!

Okay, someone needs to explain this "butcher concept" to me, lol.  I don't get it.  But now I'm thinking of Delicatessen (the movie), and that's never a bad thing.

Well, maybe it'll make more sense when the actual pictorial comes out.  Or not. Whatever.  Doesn't have to make sense, I guess :)

And more from Jin Tae Hyun:

Spoiler

More instagram randomness!  :D

For Shin Joo Hwan's birthday on the Monster set:

And his Japan fanclub sent a coffee truck to the Monster set:

And a taste of what's to come, butcher concept or whatever, from...is this his stylist?  Or just a stylist?  I'm really not sure anymore, what with the agency change and all.

Oh yeah, guess I should post the other component of the Monster food support too :)

The food actually came from sunbae Ha Ji Won:

More pics of the coffee truck and food support:

Ax6BSde.jpg

Spoiler

Here's a short article from allkpop:

Aw, actress Ha Ji Won is the best noona any actor could ask for!

On July 29, actress Ha Ji Won sent a 'business trip buffet' to the set of agency junior Park Ki Woong's current MBC drama, 'Monster'!  What's cuter is the banner that says, "This is noona's treat!" with a small picture of Ha Ji Won.  

He posted pictures onto his SNS with, "Thank you!  Senior Ji Won!  Our affectionate noona who sent sunscreen for our staff members and a buffet to give her junior strength."

Well, aren't they the cutest little agency family :)

@ecs707a Thank you for updates! :)
I really enjoy this new photoshoot too. Is there going to be a translation of this magazine's interview? 

And... just look at this :) Nam Gyu Ri uploaded to her instagam some pictures from "Mad Sad Bad" shooting place that were made 3 years ago ~

4 hours ago, hlg9_stv said:

@ecs707a Thank you for updates! :)
I really enjoy this new photoshoot too. Is there going to be a translation of this magazine's interview? 

And... just look at this :) Nam Gyu Ri uploaded to her instagam some pictures from "Mad Sad Bad" shooting place that were made 3 years ago

It is my pleasure :)

I don't know if any of the interview will get translated or not.  My guess would be no, unfortunately.  I've only looked at it a little, understand some, as usual, but there's no way I can really translate it fully.  Maybe some parts will end up translated.  That happens sometimes.

Thanks for the Mad Sad Bad flashback!  I almost forgot about the ending part.  They look like kids sitting there playing with the bloody props. :D

Time for a Monster photo and assorted other stuff dump!  It's been too long...

How about I do this as a themed collection ;) First up, Gun Woo stomping all over my heart.  (As it should be, of course.  And as usual, spoilers ahead.  These are mostly from the past month or so, but only up to about ep 37 at the latest.  Because that's where I am, and I don't want to spoil myself, either.)

NEYp83j.jpg

Spoiler

YHilTIA.jpg
dCLtJfj.jpg
source

Ii0JjYE.jpg
HMD8XEQ.jpg
rOnjRJm.jpg
CtnTGg7.jpg
(Here, that's one caption I can actually translate: Don't cry, Gun Woo-ya T.T)
source

And this scene...okay, show.  You got me.
Tun9Bm7.jpg
TDKVfyk.jpg
Did the CPR training come in handy for this? ;)
EBDtoRi.jpg
source

Related to that last scene, I wanted to say how impressed I was with his underwater scene!  When I first watched, I thought it was so good that maybe they used a stunt double, but I really don't think they did upon rewatching and seeing this:

That dolphin kick... :)

The Gun Woo fashion collection:

9cDV6TN.jpg

Spoiler

29SyOrN.jpg
tTAlDAp.jpg
source

uKxuOQE.jpg
M6avKQy.jpg
x2QimG9.jpg
all from the official site...somewhere, haha.  I don't feel like finding all the specific links again.

BTS stuff, which is my favorite thing.  It gives me the warm fuzzies to see them all goofing off on set with each other.

M1wnNeS.jpg
I don't know where this came from originally.  Anyone know?  I found it on PKW DC.  Anyway, I love so much that he is one of those people who just gravitates to the furry creatures.  It reminds me of all the Beating Hearts kitties, and that one episode where there was a random dog and he was totally distracted by it. :D  I wonder if he has pets.  He needs one if he doesn't.  More BTS:
3O4qHQU.jpg

Spoiler

GerpsOd.jpg
W0YZ9SG.jpg
SjXLyjm.jpg
rkcxYei.jpg
zoChRcO.jpg
rTralq1.jpg
PivLv1w.jpg
8OAeJ85.jpg
oxS0fQm.jpg
HEVVaxZ.jpg

More from the food support:
cv7mjUK.jpg

Spoiler

And then the truly random ones!

Spoiler

Ia8FTPV.jpg
ZcbpgFI.jpg
pn1nvse.jpg
ePGQSix.jpg
again, all from the official site or MBC news

Okay, maybe that's enough Monster for now.  Still gotta catch up, but these Olympic weeks help a little.

• 2 weeks later...

Randomness!

Sooo...that 더워조심...thanks for the warning.  Is is indeed hot.  ;)

And this is very pretty:

And I still didn't quite manage to catch up with Monster, despite all the preemptions.  I got really close though!  But then when I fell behind again I kind of gave up.  I think I'm just destined to be a week behind.  But how is this drama almost over already??  I'm not ready to not have him on my screen twice a week.  Getting totally ahead of myself, but I'm kind of hoping for a movie next.

Anyway, Gun Woo!  You are one twisted character and I like it.

Glorious, gorgeous, glowering Gun Woo (episode 36) (nothing terribly spoilery, unless Gun Woo looking all hot and broody is a spoiler :D)...

Spoiler

EoOLb92.jpg

I keep screencapping his expressions.  I can't stop!  This is episode 39, which is as far I've gotten.  Again, not really a spoiler, but my commentary on it might be, so spoiler within spoiler ahead (no danger in opening the first; choose to open the second or not):

Spoiler

sMG0mRx.jpg

Spoiler

Okay, so I wish the story was a little tighter, and the directing a little more organized, and probably less live-shooting would help, but give me dark and twisted Gun Woo and I'm happy.  But...don't be too evil!  Or do!  Maybe that's okay too!  Haha.  Evil is fun, but I start to suspect that there will be no happy ending in store for Gun Woo if he's too evil.

I'm just thankful that his character is actually interesting because there's a lot of the drama that's just...not.  It could be much worse, and I think it did pick up a lot lately after feeling like it was dragging a little for a while.  Hope it finishes strong :)

• 4 weeks later...

Heh.  I just had a weird little moment.  I was looking at the KBS Suwon archives trying to figure something out about an upcoming show and what is that in the background?  Is that...oh yes it is.

4fed36ed86254_zpsfjwq1lzn.jpg

This!  This is on the lower left of their background photo collage.  What does it say about me that I recognized it from this?

background_%20ll_zpsyttdcgxo.jpg

Half greyed-out, on the bottom of the page, BEHIND the stuff I'm supposed to be looking at and I recognize it immediately.  I don't know whether to be proud or ashamed :D

Anyway, it got me thinking...where the heck did I get this photo from?  I did a google image search and nada.  Google guessed "tree" and gave me some helpful tree links, though. Thanks, google.

I also have this one:

4fed37078df05_zpsl60egu5i.jpg

(Both of which I looove, btw. Some of my favorites of my massive pile of Gaksital stuff.)  The metadata tells me that they were taken June 27, 2012.  I can only assume that I saved these when the drama was airing from somewhere (because I was OBSESSED and thank goodness for that), and now the original source is gone into the internet ether.  So here they are again! 

Ahhh, love Gaksital.  So tempted to watch it again for the millionth time.

• 1 month later...

Hello Everyone!^ ^
Please, vote our wonderful Park Ki Woong on Asia Artist Awards! ! 
Here is the link: http://www.asiaartistawards.com/vote/lists/3
You only need to log in with your Facebook or NAVER account.

@ecs707a Thank you for 'Gaksital' BTS pictures~ Haven't seen them before. I've became a fan only since 2014 ㅠㅠ..
By the way, have you already watched 'Monster' till the end?:-) 

1 hour ago, hlg9_stv said:

Hello Everyone!^ ^
Please, vote our wonderful Park Ki Woong on Asia Artist Awards! ! 
Here is the link: http://www.asiaartistawards.com/vote/lists/3
You only need to log in with your Facebook or NAVER account.

Voted!  Thank goodness for my naver account, because I still refuse to use facebook. :)

1 hour ago, hlg9_stv said:

@ecs707a Thank you for 'Gaksital' BTS pictures~ Haven't seen them before. I've became a fan only since 2014 ㅠㅠ..
By the way, have you already watched 'Monster' till the end?:-) 

You're very welcome and I have many more.  And it would probably be way too easy to convince me to dump them all here and get nostalgic all over again.  Just sayin' :D

I have still not finished Monster!  I was already a couple of weeks behind, and then I went on vacation for two weeks and only just got back last weekend.  Also, now I just kind of feel like I'm saving them.  Or I'm saving myself from them, maybe?  Does Gun Woo die?  Don't answer that, but I'm afraid he's going to die, lol.  I have 5 episodes left?  I think? 

Oh well, I am not that invested, at least.  (Not like Gaksital.  Oh my god.)  But still!

Anyway, I'm glad he's alive!  I was so glad to see that IG post yesterday, even though I was also glad in a way that he went totally silent.  I take that as a sign that he finally got to have a proper break.  I also am amused by the fact that his house is apparently covered in movie posters.  Seems appropriate :)  He seems like more of a movie nerd than most (or at least had lots to say about movies on that show a couple of years ago...which I really wish had subs...).  That, coupled with the Amelie poster from before...he definitely has eclectic taste.

Also! Jin Tae Hyun deleted just about all of the Monster stuff from his IG, so my posts from the past couple of pages now look kind of...empty.  Maybe I'll repost the photos later, since I'm pretty sure I saved them somewhere too.

He still has this one up, though:

Which is pretty adorable :)

I still have Monster stills to post, and I forgot to post these too, from the cast party (at least I'm safe from spoilers with those):

2016091920300382826_zps1wuh1uvm.jpg

Spoiler

p1at2fpg1on46urgdgr159oi863_zpscdjfcw8c.

source: 1 2

• 3 weeks later...

Airport photos (Nov 4, 2016)!  Off to Japan for the fanmeeting!

ZEezEeb.jpg
1OVbKYB.jpg
i1Y4jvo.jpg

Spoiler

Ke1mYQt.jpg
QUfsKPf.jpg
tGzaF8U.jpg"
rcxcsCW.jpg
sources: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

He looks good!  His hair is so long now though.  For a role? :)  Pretty please?

He always looks somewhere between confused and amused by people taking pictures of him at the airport.  Like, "okay, if you really want to see me standing in line..." :D

Archived