Park Ki Woong 박기웅

ecs707a

On 12.01.2016 at 8:42 PM, ecs707a said:

I wonder what's going on with the agency situation...and what is this "possibly later" than February 7 stuff?  I suppose it comes down to vacation days or something?  I don't get it.

Oh my... I wonder why didn't he still found the new agency? It makes me a little nervous...
And why Wave On think that canceling the contract is good for them too?:mellow: 

• Replies 868
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, hlg9_stv said:

Oh my... I wonder why didn't he still found the new agency? It makes me a little nervous...
And why Wave On think that canceling the contract is good for them too?:mellow: 

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Wave On doesn't think that, but what else are they going to say?  It makes them look bad for sure if he was unhappy enough to want out of his contract.  I doubt we'll ever get the whole story.  I'm guessing that Wave On did not initiate this, but who knows?  The official explanation is that it's beneficial for both parties.  Better to have possibly fake well-wishes than acrimony though, don't you think?

Anyway, I still think there might already be some negotiations going on somehow.  Or maybe I just hope so. :)  I haven't paid that much attention so I don't know, but have there been other actors whose contracts expired or otherwise ended while they were serving?  I can't think of any other examples.  I don't know if it's against the rules to make business deals while in the military, or if it's just frowned upon but not technically against the rules, or if it's fine and normal and no one cares.  Even if it's not against the rules, it might look bad to make a big announcement like that before he's out (like he's not taking his job seriously enough or something).  Still, it would make me less nervous to finally know he has an agency again.  If it's possible to make an announcement before he's discharged, I would guess that they would want to delay it a bit in case of negative reactions from the public (or maybe it doesn't matter, and I'm worrying for nothing).  But either way, he's getting out very soon.  Either we'll know then, shortly before, or shortly after, lol.  I can be patient for that long.  I guess.

24 days (barring whatever Lunar New Year weirdness that may or may not interfere)!

Wait wait.  Haha.

Agency news!  New agency! 

It's Ha Ji Won's agency, that she started on her own: 해와달 엔터테인먼트 / Sun and Moon Entertainment.  Which appears to not have a website?  Here's the facebook page, though, and an article about the agency.  Sources/articles: tenasia, edaily, bnt, and lots more.

Well, yay!  That sounds promising. 

Park Ki Woong to Join Ha Ji Won's Agency

[by Woorim Ahn]

Actor Park Ki Woong settled in Haewadal Entertainment.

On January 15, the agency announced that Park Ki Woong signed a contract with it before his discharge of the army planned on February 7.

According to the agency, although he was in the army, he received lots of love calls from others after his contract termination in October 2015.

Haewadal Entertainment said, “We will try our best and won’t stop supporting him so that the mass public can see Park Ki Woong’s true side who has his acting abilities as a star” and promised to do its best.

Meanwhile, Park Ki Woong has his army discharge ahead on February 7.

source: bnt

ETA:

From Haewadal's instagram

• 2 weeks later...

Only 9 days left!  Yay, single digit.

So I've been randomly rewatching FH2 eps.  It is actually pretty rewatchable (I guess probably if you liked it the first time, which I did)!  I just dove in somewhere in the middle and then watched one part of one ep and both parts of another, like episodes 10 and 11? Or 11 and 12?  I don't remember.  Doesn't matter, because I've seen it already anyway. :)  보고싶다 to you too, Kang Hwi....hahaha

fp2xSje.jpg

But it also reminded me of that episode of Radio Star with No Min Woo (which was two years ago already!) and I was bored and I did this.  Oh lord.  Here goes.

YVByE1d.gif

More dancing:

9RIH1n3.gif

zeMzEUQ.gif

Or "dancing"?  :D

Whatever, we'll just call it a single digit dance party or something.

His trot singer persona pretty much amuses me to no end.  Ah....hahaha.  Epic, especially with the "special effects" courtesy of NMW.  His trot singer alter-ego better still be alive and well. :)  Hope to see him soon, too.

I really enjoy this Radio Star episode with NMW and PKW too \^.^/ Thank you for such funny hilarious dancing gifs :lol: Well, now only 6 days left.

Could you tell please where can I watch full "Heart Beats" episodes with English subs? Just can't find it anywhere. Except of "viki".
On the Youtube there are only some cut episodes without any translation.

7 hours ago, hlg9_stv said:

I really enjoy this Radio Star episode with NMW and PKW too \^.^/ Thank you for such funny hilarious dancing gifs :lol: Well, now only 6 days left.

Could you tell please where can I watch full "Heart Beats" episodes with English subs? Just can't find it anywhere. Except of "viki".
On the Youtube there are only some cut episodes without any translation.

Unfortunately, I think the answer is that there is nowhere to watch them all with English subs.  Like you said, viki has some episodes subbed.  I know that One TV Asia had at least some episodes subbed, but as far as I know, those versions were never available elsewhere.  I only have (sometimes only partially complete) subs for episodes 1-5, 8, 15, 25, and 32.  PM me if you need any of those, but if you have access to viki, you would have pretty much the same ones.

K0Vd0KO.jpg

So I don't know where.  I wish I did.  It didn't stop me from watching them all raw, though.  :)

Hello, I'd like to post some good news for you

Park Ki Woong would be acting with Kang Ji Hwan in "Monster" after being discharged from the military
translated by Pechumori
2/1/16

Park Ki Woong's agency announced on Feb. 1 that he plans to work immediately after being discharged from military duty by joining the new MBC drama "Monster".

Park Ki Woong will be returning to the small screen (TV) drama after four years. His last drama was "Bridal Mask" (Gaksital) in 2012.

Park Ki Woong will play the role of Do Gun Woo, the youngest son of Chairman Do. He and Kang Ji Hwan's character, Kang Ki Tan will be opposed to each other.

Jung Woong In (who worked with Kang Ji Hwan in the 2010 drama "Coffee House") has confirmed his appearance, adding to the colorful cast. "Monster" will be the follow-up drama to "Glamorous Temptation".

Meanwhile, Park Ki Woong is presently serving as a police officer at the Seoul Metropolitan Police Agency and will be discharged on Feb. 7.

credit: http://www.wowtv.co.kr/newscenter/news/view.asp?bcode=T30001000&artid=A201602010572

A great cast is building up!!!  :D

If you would like to join in the discussion of the drama, here is the link to the soompi "Monster" thread

Eeeee!!! Things happened while I was asleep, lol.  Yay! 

Another article:

MBC’s Monster adds Park Ki-woong, Jo Boa as spoiled chaebols

by javabeans | February 1, 2016

Oh great, now I HAVE to watch Monster. I mean, yay I have to watch Monster? I’m not even sure anymore. (It isn’t that it sounds bad; it’s that this is one of those serious, sprawling 50-episode dramas, and man, those take work.)

But with Kang Ji-hwan (Incarnation of Money, Big Man) headlining the series and now Park Ki-woong (Gaksitaaaaal) choosing it as his army comeback drama, who am I to fight it? I’ll just block off April through September on my calendar and settle in for the long haul…

Monster, which comes to us from the writer team (Jang Young-chul, Jung Kyung-soon) who gave us Empress Ki, Incarnation of Money, and History of a Salaryman, kicks off in the late ’90s after the IMF crisis hits, and follows a man who sets out for revenge against society’s top 0.001%, those privileged movers and shakers with all the power. I’m guessing those are the people responsible for the hero’s early tragedy, which kill both his parents and almost him as well. He comes back with a vengeance, for vengeance, and falls in love along the way. The drama has yet to secure a heroine after initially courting Hwang Jung-eum, who didn’t sign on, but is likely to do so soon. We hope.

Park Ki-woong, who will be discharged from military service on February 7, will play the youngest son of a chaebol group chairman who turns increasingly wild and violent. He’s gonna be so good at that and it’ll probably break my heart because I love him. Just don’t go full Namgoong Min on me, okay? I’m not sure I’ll be ready for that much affluenza-induced brutality so soon.

Park’s character is cast aside by his family because he’s born to a concubine (er, I suppose that just means non-wife in this day and age, but chaebol clans do tend to mimic royalty), and he grows up with his mother in America. He comes back and successfully reclaims his position, evicting the opposition that had cut him out, and then transforms into a cold-hearted, dissipated tyrant. Hm, so perhaps he’s the one the former title Tyrant referred to, though it’s entirely possible that with so many corrupt chaebols running around, it could be any of a number of them.

Monster will follow Dazzling Temptation as MBC’s next Monday-Tuesday drama, premiering in April.

Via Star News, Sports Chosun

Source: dramabeans

Sooo...is this sort of a Shunji-Yoo Jin mashup of a character?  Yes, he will be good at that.  :)  Aaah, so excited.

Oh, I just realized...according to wikipedia, this will be a Golden Fish reunion!  Joo Sung Woo is listed as director.  Probably just a coincidence, but they should know each other, at least. :)

Another article:

Park Ki-woong confirmed for MBC's new Mon-Tue drama, 'Monster - 2016'

2016/02/01

Park Ki-woong is making a comeback through MBC's drama, since he was dismissed from the military.

Park Ki-woong's agency Haewadal Entertainment told OSEN on February 1st, "Park Ki-woong will appear in MBC's new Monday & Tuesday drama, "Monster - 2016". His filming schedule is unknown yet".

This is Park Ki-woong's comeback to a groundwave drama in 4 years since his role in KBS' 'Bridal Mask'.

According to an associate with the drama, Park Ki-woong's role, Do Geon-woo is a son born to Dodo Group's CEO and his mistress and he conflicts with Kang Ji-hwan's role throughout the story. "Monster - 2016" depicts a man's revenge against the absurdities of the society. The new drama begins in March once "Glamorous Temptation" has finished.

Source: original / Hancinema

Note: this article says March start date, but everything else I see says beginning of April.  Should be April 4, assuming Glamorous Temptation ends as scheduled.

Three days left! 

I was thinking with the latest casting news that he gets to check another Fin.K.L member off the list.  First Ock Joo Hyun in The Musical, now Sung Yuri. 

Wonder what his chaebol-gone-crazy character is going to look like.  I keep thinking Yoo Jin (speaking of The Musical), but his hair is going to be short!  I just realized that.  Maybe they'll write in a reason for that.  Or not.  But having really short hair in a drama usually seems to require a reason.  Not sure why, lol.  Is it because the army hair is just so iconic in Korean culture?  But depending on when they start filming, his hair might be more normal by the time he starts.

Whatever, I don't care. :D  I just want him back on my screen.

A little Yoo Jin picspam, because why not.  I'm bored and now I'm thinking of The Musical:

FQ5LPh3.jpg
unkZ31o.jpg
G2jT42m.jpg
bwOznEi.jpg

Archived