Park Ki Woong 박기웅

ecs707a

• Replies 868
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, hlg9_stv said:

Finally! Park Ki Woong got to the USA. His dream came true :)

Wait wait wait.  Why was I not informed of this visit?  Hmmm?  ;)

LA's really far from here though.  But...the flight isn't that long!  I could totally go there!  (No one really needs me at work tomorrow, right?  This is totally a valid excuse! Hahaha)

Anyway, glad to see that he's traveling and having fun! 

Aaaahh doggies!

That's my reaction, btw.  Looks like it was his too :)

And now he's in Vegas?  Brave of him to post his exact whereabouts in real time like that, haha.

Well, hope he's enjoying the show, since he's there right now (this is the place, and show, if anyone is curious).  Sitting in row NN, seat 16 or 17, lol.  Also, keep going east!  Keep going!  There are definitely fun things to do in the middle of the country too. I swear.   Really. :D

Here's an article from soompi news:

2016 Mnet Asian Music Awards Reveals First Lineup Of Presenters

R. Choi November 20, 2016

The first lineup of presenters for the 2016 Mnet Asian Music Awards has been revealed!

After releasing the nominations and the first two artist lineups, the award ceremony has also released a first lineup, consisted of actors and actresses, to present the awards at the show.

The first lineup consists of multiple actors including Lee Byung Hun, Cha Seung Won, Ha Ji Won, Han Hyo Joo, Jang Hyuk, Han Ji Min, Park Ki Woong, and Park Min Young.

The Mnet Asian Music Awards is an annual end-of-year music award ceremony hosted by CJ E&M’s music channel Mnet. The 2016 award ceremony will take place on December 2 at the AsiaWorld-Expo in Hong Kong. You can vote for the nominees here.

Source (1)

Yeah, I don't care about MAMA in the slightest, but I'll be watching his part, at least. :)

15 minutes ago, ecs707a said:

Yeah, I don't care about MAMA in the slightest, but I'll be watching his part, at least. :)

Thank you for the Soompi article.

Yes, don't care about the ceremony but definitely must watch Park Ki Woong's part :D Just cant wait for the second of December :-) 

Turkey day!  I wonder who he ate with in LA?  Hmm.

Is that asparagus there for decoration? ;)  Eh, who am I to talk.  Most of my Thanksgiving dinner was stuffing.  And pie.  :D

He's having a nice long trip!  Thought he'd be home by now since he stopped posting stuff for a couple of days.  But I'm sure he's heading home soon, since MAMA's only a few days away!

2016 MAMA red carpet photos (December 2, 2016):

4DTIu5I.jpg
E3CDGn3.jpg
bqXv0xP.jpg

Spoiler

rKuRZ8V.jpg
source: 1 2 3 4

And the 360 red carpet cam thingy :)

All of these are with Choo Ja Hyun, btw (who I had to look up...she's been doing C-dramas since 2011, and I haven't caught any of her older dramas or movies...they look pretty and blue and matchy together though, lol)

A few photos from the VIP premiere of Ha Ji Won's new movie Life Risking Romance (December 8, 2016):

hueJ7vx.jpg
hB9GXxa.jpg

Spoiler

y2KVozv.jpg
sources: 1 2 3

And he's at the very beginning of this video:

credit: 스타저널

I was trying to figure out if Chen Bolin was at the premiere, since he's in the movie too, but I don't think so.  Well, Soo Yeon's lawyer buddy from Monster (Kim Won Hae) was there to cover the Monster reunion :)

Speaking of Ha Ji Won, there was also this:

from MAMA, with this guy, who I was totally unfamiliar with since I don't really watch TW-dramas :)

• 1 month later...

I want to be annoyed because there's no news but I can't!  I mean, he's hanging out with his grandparents.  How can I be annoyed with that? :)

Grandma's cooking:

And maybe also visiting his other family members, since this is a photo with his cousin, obviously taken at someone's house, a someone who has it framed (lol, who wouldn't, right?  So cute.)

Okay, well, he's still alive.  And cold.

And I don't know what these are from.  Interview?  Fan meeting giveaways?  Photo shoot?  Old? New? I have no idea.

Hey, remember all that casting speculation for the Cheese in the Trap adaptation?  When he was still in the military? Well, apparently the new adaptation's casting directors remembered too.

Cheese in the Trap movie courts Park Ki-woong to play Baek In-ho

by javabeans | February 1, 2017

Ahh, this is a promising development: Park Ki-woong (Monster, Gaksital) is currently considering the Baek In-ho role in the Cheese in the Trap remake movie. After the tvN drama series fizzled out amid controversy and disgruntlement last year, I’ve been trying to keep hopes low and wariness on high about this movie version, but then they go and make casting choices that get me all excited and I can’t help feeling hopeful all over again.

The movie secured Park Hae-jin early on to reprise his role from the drama series as Yoo Jung, the mysterious college student whose perfect specs and polished facade hide a darker inner side. Then Oh Yeon-seo (Come Back Ajusshi) was tapped to play the main character, Hong Seol, the sensitive college student through whose eyes we see the story unfold. Oh Yeon-seo has a very different vibe (bolder, more comedic) than the quieter Kim Go-eun, who played Seol in the drama—and very well, at that—but despite their differences, I can also see her working in the role, and I’m definitely very interested in seeing how she’ll interpret the character.

Baek In-ho is a different can of worms altogether, especially given that the controversy surrounding the tvN series centered around this character. I thought Seo Kang-joon did a decent job in the role and liked him as In-ho—and that’s despite not liking him at all prior to Cheese in the Trap—but I definitely felt that the drama went off the rails, overemphasizing In-ho’s character in a way that felt disproportionate to his place in the story, while ignoring the more fascinating, more prominent Jung character. Frankly, I wasn’t sure that the movie would be able to cast a new In-ho who could make the role his own and not feel like a rehash of the drama… and then they went and offered the role to Park Ki-woong and suddenly I see it.

In fact, I’m even a little worried now that Park Ki-woong will be too good as In-ho, because I like my second leads to be relatively pain-free—I want them to be effective for the plot and to feel sympathetic, but I don’t want them to actually endanger my love of the main romance’s ship (being burned too many times will make anyone shy away!). I was safe with Seo Kang-joon, but I’m not so sure that’ll be the case with Park.

The original story mostly takes place from Seol’s perspective, and follows her life as an ordinary university student whose life starts to complicate through her interactions with an older student, Jung, whom she starts dating. She is intrigued by Jung, but is also vaguely unsettled by the glimpses of a darker, crueler underside that nobody else seems to notice. In-ho is Jung’s high school former best friend; a rift soured their relationship and makes their present-day interactions charged with hurt, anger, and tension. In-ho’s careless, rebellious attitude is a stark contrast to Jung’s controlled, principled personality, and he’s more rough and tumble than the polished hero. Park Ki-woong has that energy in spades, and always makes me feel for him even when he pushes too far and wants too much.

Cheese in the Trap’s webtoon writer, Soonkki, is currently at work on the screenplay. Park Ki-woong has not confirmed taking the role; his reps stated that he would make his final decision soon. The movie plans to begin filming in late April.

Via IS Plus, Sports Chosun

source: dramabeans

I...don't know how I feel about this yet.  He would be amazing, and I can see why he was considered for this, but I worry that this adaptation still won't please fans.  Or that something else will go wrong.

As far as I can tell, he's still not confirmed, but this makes it sound like he is, so...I don't know.  The comments are interesting regardless, so I'm posting it anyway!

Park Ki Woong cast as 'Baek Inho' in movie version of 'Cheese in the Trap'

Wednesday, February 01, 2017

Article: [Exclusive] Park Ki Woong to play 'Baek Inho' in the movie 'Cheese in the Trap'

Source: Ilgan Sports via Naver

1. [+3,822, -116] Wow daebak, the sync is jjang

2. [+3,033, -60] Daebak ㅋㅋㅋ I'm pretty sure his name was always on the list of fanmade casts ㅋㅋㅋ Once he dyes his hair, his looks and everything will be perfect for Baek Inho ㅠㅠ

3. [+2,108, -65] Whoa, I think he'll be a good fit. Can't wait! Who's going to be the female lead?

4. [+1,437, -53] He matches well!!!

5. [+1,320, -91] So far the characters are syncing up way better than the drama version~ but can it live up to the original webtoon...

6. [+211, -6] Wow, this is some proper casting now.. I can't wait to see who's going to play Baek Inha ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

7. [+183, -5] He's actually the actor most fans have been recommending

8. [+179, -7] Crazy how in sync this is

9. [+165, -6] Netizens have always said Park Ki Woong would be perfect for Baek Inho, congrats on landing the role!

10. [+167, -7] That's a good sync right there

source: netizenbuzz

The response is good, which I guess should be expected, since his name's been floating around as an Inho candidate for years now, haha.  Anyway, I'm still a liiiiiittle nervous about this, but I'm also excited.  Especially now that I hear that it's not a strict adaptation of the existing webtoon, but more like a continuation or sequel?  From the few installments I read of the webtoon back before the drama version aired, Inho is a very, very interesting character.  And now I want to go read more :)

So it's confirmed (source)!  Also, many, many more articles...

Time to get ready for this!

FVDWmqZ.jpg

Also, I did not realize til just now that the movie is produced by Park Hae Jin's agency.  Interesting.

EDIT:

Ah, here's the translated version from soompi news:

Actor Park Ki Woong Confirmed To Join Cast Of “Cheese In The Trap” Film

R. Choi February 7, 2017

Actor Park Ki Woong is the latest cast addition to the film adaptation of “Cheese in the Trap.”

Previous reports stated that the actor was considering a role in the upcoming film, and on February 8, a source from the film’s production team, Mountain Movement Story, stated, “Park Ki Woong has been cast as Baek In Ho.”

The upcoming film “Cheese in the Trap” is inspired by the original webtoon of the same name. A drama version of the webtoon aired last year, starring Park Hae Jin, Kim Go Eun, Seo Kang Joon, and Lee Sung Kyung.

Currently, actors Park Hae Jin and Oh Yeon Seo have been confirmed to play Yoo Jung and Hong Seol, respectively in the film version.

Source (1)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived