Jump to content

Park Ki Woong 박기웅


ecs707a
 Share

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, ecs707a said:

Lol, okay.  I have tried and failed to understand this.  But it made for some entertaining googling, that's for sure.

Still with the hat...and is talking about his hair!  What I do get: #on the way to work #two hours ago

And then what I don't quite get, but sort of do, haha.  Something about long hair and hair extensions (!).  I assume he's joking, but who knows.

Thanks for the translation ^ ^ Doesn't he look really really cute on this picture? :)
So, if he wrote he is on the way to work is he going to film right now? Or what kind of work does he mean? Really interesting..
Think it's not a joke. It seems like he will wear fake hair for real. That is the only thing that can make them long for a quite short time:D 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, hlg9_stv said:

Thanks for the "translation" ^ ^ Doesn't he look really really cute on this picture? :)
So, if he wrote he is on the way to work is he going to film right now? Or what kind of work does he mean? Really interesting..
Think it's not a joke. It seems like he will wear fake hair for real. That is the only thing that can make them long for a quite short time:D 

I fixed it for you.  :D

Please take my "translations" with a grain of salt, lol.

The thing he wrote about going to work I can't be sure if he meant to or from, I suppose.  Since it was early morning in Korea, I assumed "to".  I don't know what sort of work.  Filming already?  Just general drama prep stuff?  Interview?  Photo shoot?  I don't know.  But then his birthday thing was yesterday, so maybe it was just something scheduled right before that, or something for the fan meeting itself. 

About the hair, you might be right. :D  I know it happens, and if they feel like there's no way to get the look right without it, they might have to.  I kind of hope they don't though.  It's not like his character is going to be that dependent on what his hair looks like, haha.  It's a mystery!  We'll just have to wait and see what they do, I guess.

 

Those signatures though...I can never read his handwriting beyond just a bit here and there.  So messy. :)  I can only get the 우리[insert name here] at the beginning and the 기웅오빠 part at the end, lol.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, ecs707a said:

I fixed it for you.  :D

Please take my "translations" with a grain of salt, lol.

The thing he wrote about going to work I can't be sure if he meant to or from, I suppose.  Since it was early morning in Korea, I assumed "to".  I don't know what sort of work.  Filming already?  Just general drama prep stuff?  Interview?  Photo shoot?  I don't know.  But then his birthday thing was yesterday, so maybe it was just something scheduled right before that, or something for the fan meeting itself. 

About the hair, you might be right. :D  I know it happens, and if they feel like there's no way to get the look right without it, they might have to.  I kind of hope they don't though.  It's not like his character is going to be that dependent on what his hair looks like, haha.  It's a mystery!  We'll just have to wait and see what they do, I guess.

 

Those signatures though...I can never read his handwriting beyond just a bit here and there.  So messy. :)  I can only get the 우리[insert name here] at the beginning and the 기웅오빠 part at the end, lol.

Actually I don't really care what will they do exactly with his short hair just want to see the result of it :D well, can't wait for new photos on IG and ,of course , BTS stills ^ ^ just more and more PKW,  lol ^^'

His handwriting  is difficult to understand though. I also see here 고마워 )

Hope maybe when I'll get my own sign from him *dreaming* I would ask him :D 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, hlg9_stv said:

Actually I don't really care what will they do exactly with his short hair just want to see the result of it :D well, can't wait for new photos on IG and ,of course , BTS stills ^ ^ just more and more PKW,  lol ^^'

His handwriting  is difficult to understand though. I also see here 고마워 )

Hope maybe when I'll get my own sign from him *dreaming* I would ask him :D 

I think his handwriting is not always quite that bad.  Maybe he's out of practice :)

My only request is that I don't want them to do something stupid with his hair.  I'm sure it's pretty short right now, and to grow it out, it might hit a weird awkward length at point in the middle of growing it out.  I guess it depends how his hair grows, lol.  I worry that they'll do something weird if that happens. 

But it looks good when it's pretty short!  It didn't even look too weird when he enlisted, and it can't be shorter than that now, can it? 

It's probably still shorter than this:

MpmrEyG.jpg

but that's still fairly short, and I liked his hair that length. 

But I don't care...give me him, in a drama, with whatever hair, and I will be fine.  So yes.  I would also say more more more of whatever.  Haha. 

So many hair conversations :D

Hey, I was thinking...I wonder if he has a new manager.  He probably has a new manager with a new agency, right?  And what of his stylist?  Aw, I hope he's still around.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ha, now I'm thinking (and hoping) that his Monster character has a bit of the feel of his War of the Arrows character.

kOQ5zog.jpg

That character was just so gloriously, unabashedly awful that he totally entranced me.  To the point that I stopped watching after...the thing that happened happened (has everyone seen it?  I don't want to spoil it just in case, haha).  I was enjoying hating him so much that I just quit.  I think I never even went back and finished the movie, even though I meant to...or at least I don't remember how it ended, even if I did.

Anyway, obviously still in anticipation overdrive or something.  :)  Bad characters have been so good to him thus far.  He's done irredeemably bad (War of the Arrows); turned-bad-by-heartbreaking-fate/circumstance (Gaksital); slimy and manipulative, yet strangely appealing (Chuno lol); did I miss any?  So I guess I'm not too surprised that he chose an antagonist role as his comeback.  Just have to wait a month or so to see what this character will be like.  I guess I can do that ;)

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Are you freaking kidding me, KBS?  They skipped his episode of Entertainment Weekly on the KBS World youtube channel!  Straight from episode 1610, uploaded on the 19th, to 1612, uploaded today.  1611 was the one he was in.  Fortunately, the subs are available elsewhere, but I wanted to post it here....  Also, I kind of wanted to have the KBS version of the subs too in addition to the version I already have because I'm weird like that :)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Okay, stills have to be coming soon, right?  It doesn't feel real yet that he might actually be in a drama, lol.  I maybe still don't believe it.

E07-6_zpshxjytlbv.jpg

Feel like I'm doing a little of this right now :D

Waiting...

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, ecs707a said:

Okay, stills have to be coming soon, right?  It doesn't feel real yet that he might actually be in a drama, lol.  I maybe still don't believe it.

Well, I think we all feel the same. Just can't wait for stills with Park Ki Woong ^ ^ So glad that MBC released some of Sung Yu Ri and Kang Ji Hwan stills.. But, where is our Ki Woong-ah?
Probably he and his hair are ready for shooting. :D
Thanks for Ahn Kyung Tae picture. It perfectly describes the situation.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, hlg9_stv said:

Well, I think we all feel the same. Just can't wait for stills with Park Ki Woong ^ ^ So glad that MBC released some of Sung Yu Ri and Kang Ji Hwan stills.. But, where is our Ki Woong-ah?
Probably he and his hair are ready for shooting. :D
Thanks for Ahn Kyung Tae picture. It perfectly describes the situation.

Here he is and his hair too!!!  Or "hair", which is maybe not his, lol.

pM0Q6R2.jpg
ol91nDa.jpg
source

Why do I feel like Kang Hwi grew up and got seriously cranky?  Ahhh, I like it though.  He can glare and shoot daggers with the best of them.  :)

Edited by ecs707a
bigger versions of stills
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Monster news, courtesy of @pechumori

18 hours ago, pechumori said:

Park Ki Woong transforms as a blond rebel
translated by Pechumori
March 2, 2016

Z8hkXPO.jpg

Actor Park Ki Woong returns as a rebel in the drama "Monster".

Park Ki Woong will start his passionate performance in the drama "Monster" as Do Gun Woo, the abandoned, illigitimate son of the Dodo group.

In the drama, Park Ki Woong as the arrogantly charming, Do Gun Woo will meet  Oh Soo Yeon (played by Sung Yuri) and get entangled in an ill-fated relationship with her. He and Kang Ki Tan (played by Kang Ji Hwan) will become rivals for the affection of Oh Soo Yeon. After failing to gain the approval of his father, Chairman Do Choong (played by Park Young Gyu), Do Gun Woo, with the help of Byun Il Jae (played by Jung Bo Suk) will be transformed into a heartless monster.

The published photo shows the transformation of Park Ki Woong into a rebellious figure. With his blond hair and his facial expression and gaze, Park Ki Woong has immersed himself into his character Do Gun Woo and has attracted more attention. Park Ki Woong challenged himself to show off the free-spirited blond and chic character.

According to the production crew of "Monster", "Park Ki Woong has gained the admiration of the drama officials for his excellent acting skills despite his absence of two years." "In growing anticipation for the drama, he made thorough preparation after reading the script and has shown a passion for acting. Without a doubt, he will captivate the TV screens as an actor."

credit: http://www.xportsnews.com/jenter/?ac=article_view&entry_id=698624

 

and dramabeans...

Monster’s rags-to-riches transformation and rebellious chaebol

by javabeans | March 2, 2016

Here we have a handful of new stills for Monster, MBC’s upcoming revenge melodrama starring Kang Ji-hwan in what seems to be his favorite type of transformation, from disheveled beggar to sleek urbane city man.

...

And last but not least (definitely not least), we have Park Ki-woong making his post-army comeback as an illegitimate son of the chaebol family; he was abandoned and cast out, but works to reclaim his place in the family and earn his father’s acceptance. He’s described as having a monstrous side (the title sounds like it’s in reference to him), and in these stills is seen in a rebellious mood, sporting blond hair and a haughty air. Ah, it’s good to have you back, Park Ki-woong.

Monster will air as a Monday-Tuesday drama, premiering on March 28 after Dazzling Temptation ends.

 

Read the rest here

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Instagram spree! 

The view from his bed?  Aww, why you gotta go and make me love you more?  Hahaha...

But seriously.

Japanese poster of Amelie?  Love that movie.  Kermit?  That's my childhood right there.  Still owns way too many CDs?  Oh dear god yes. :)

Did he tag that "antique"?  Ha.  

Are we both old?  I refuse to believe it. :)

Kermit, and I have no idea what he's talking about, lol.  Other than #kermit.  Not sure what the beginning has to do with that.  Unless Kermit was his friend?

Now I have this in my head.  :D

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, ecs707a said:

Instagram spree! 

The view from his bed?  Aww, why you gotta go and make me love you more?  Hahaha...

But seriously.

Japanese poster of Amelie?  Love that movie.  Kermit?  That's my childhood right there.  Still owns way too many CDs?  Oh dear god yes. :)

Did he tag that "antique"?  Ha.  

Are we both old?  I refuse to believe it. :)

Kermit, and I have no idea what he's talking about, lol.  Other than #kermit.  Not sure what the beginning has to do with that.  Unless Kermit was his friend?

Now I have this in my head.  :D

 

Oh my.. I'm so in love with this room. :lol::D Like everything including the poster of "Amelie", Kermit and of course his collection of CDs. Just wait for his new music recommendations. Yeah, I'd like to visit him too )) Such a cozy atmosphere ^ ^

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, hlg9_stv said:

 

Oh my.. I'm so in love with this room. :lol::D Like everything including the poster of "Amelie", Kermit and of course his collection of CDs. Just wait for his new music recommendations. Yeah, I'd like to visit him too )) Such a cozy atmosphere ^ ^

I miss his music recommendations too.  Even before he left, it seemed like he wasn't talking about music as much, so I hope he'll gift us with some random music posts sometime again.

He should have lots to talk about.  He missed some good stuff while he was gone!  2 Lana Del Rey albums!  Haha.  (But Ultraviolence was way better lol)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You guyyysss...I know what I'm watching when I get home tonight, haha.

XO6EUmi.jpg
source

How handy that MBC can do some cross-promotion. :)

And apparently he's good at helping build furniture via phone call?  Haha.  I actually already watched her first episode last week because she cracks me up but now I have a reason to keep watching. :D

 

And...

He's stuck in traffic?  And what's that about being in uniform?  Maybe just referring to his coat.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, ecs707a said:

You guyyysss...I know what I'm watching when I get home tonight, haha.

 

Hidden Content

 

How handy that MBC can do some cross-promotion. :)

And apparently he's good at helping build furniture via phone call?  Haha.  I actually already watched her first episode last week because she cracks me up but now I have a reason to keep watching. :D

 

And...

He's stuck in traffic?  And what's that about being in uniform?  Maybe just referring to his coat.

Is it Han Chae Ah? or am I wrong?
That's really interesting)  Want to watch this episode!:D

By the way, he looks really cute on new IG picture. Something happened to his skin and now it looks too smooth))

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, hlg9_stv said:

Is it Han Chae Ah? or am I wrong?
That's really interesting)  Want to watch this episode!:D

Yeah, it's Han Chae Ah :)

I Live Alone (나 혼자 산다), episode 147, if anyone wants to go find it (and subs should be out pretty soon).  A few funny screencaps:

64h6EpE.jpg

 

Spoiler

 

MjOUfmy.jpg
3huXRkn.jpg

 

 

MBC's already got the clip up too:

credit: MBCentertainment

She laughed at his hair.  Awwww...hahaha.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..