Lee Na Young 이나영

j.lee

^Nice BTS shots, the first pic is cute. I'ts nice to see that they managed to have a (lil) fun whilst filming (what I imagine would be) such an intense film!

------------------

*** Olivia Lauren Fall 2008 Collection ***

------------------

lny_olfall08_01.jpg

lny_olfall08_02.jpg

lny_olfall08_03.jpg

lny_olfall08_04.jpg

lny_olfall08_05.jpg

lny_olfall08_06.jpg

lny_olfall08_07.jpg

lny_olfall08_08.jpg

lny_olfall08_09.jpg

lny_olfall08_10.jpg

lny_olfall08_11.jpg

lny_olfall08_12.jpg

lny_olfall08_13.jpg

lny_olfall08_14.jpg

lny_olfall08_15.jpg

lny_olfall08_16.jpg

lny_olfall08_17.jpg

lny_olfall08_18.jpg

lny_olfall08_19.jpg

lny_olfall08_20.jpg

lny_olfall08_21.jpg

lny_olfall08_22.jpg

lny_olfall08_23.jpg

(source: http://kr.blog.yahoo.com/wangwenjing0702/2...p;tt=1223512932)

------------------

^^The last 2 pics are me fave =) She looks great in pink!

And! I badly want this bag >>> http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s18/amt...olfall08_08.jpg XD XD

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The latest photos are beautiful, I like Lee Na Young with long hair. The Screen shoots are lovely, she has such intensity in her eyes. She reminds me of Esumi Makiko, for some reason.

Her new movie is released today in Korea, hope to see it soon. It sounds interesting.

I like her most in Someone special and Ireland. Come on girl, go wed Jang Dong Gun or Bae Yong Joon, I don't mind :) I wish they all are happy. Either JDG-LNY or BYJ-LNY, it's still heavenly couple. She has smile of Bae Yong Joon and eyes a little similar to Jang Dong Gun.

Look forwards to this 15th movie of Kim Ki Duk. It's surely sad but full of happiness moments as well. I love the posters and trailer.

^^I think she & Jang Dong Gun look better together out of the 2 but I have a liking towards the Kang Dong Won + Lee Na Young pairing more XD Can only wish hey!!

The cine21 pics are amazing! Thanks melusine for posting them =)

^I love the backdrop of this shot!! Thanks for posting, I'm not sure about her outfit but she still looks gorgeous XD

I guess all I can do now is wait patiently for subs for the new movie now *SIGH*

NaYoung is delightful in romantic comedy roles like Someone Special but I think I prefer her in dramatic roles like in Bi-mong. Can't wait <3

bimong_091008_01.jpg

bimong_091008_02.jpg

(credit: 2nayoung.com)

edit: ZOMG @ the movieweek pics w/ Odagiri Joe <3_____<3

• 2 weeks later...
Guest kdramafanusa

Source: Korea Pop Wars

Monday, October 13, 2008

Last Night I Dreamt That Kim Ki-Duk Loved Me

Kim Ki-duk's films are famous for their cruelty and violence -- fishhooks, broken glass, golf clubs and good, old-fashioned beatings all feature prominently. His emotional violence is even more graphic and brutal. I think he makes fun, comic films.

Perhaps I should explain. Back when Kim and his movies were considered fashionable and trendy -- some time between THE ISLE and BAD GUY -- I really was not a fan at all. His callous cruelty did not excite me, and listening to film festival dorks rattle on about whatever is hot at the moment is always a turnoff.

But Kim, along with Hong Sang-soo, was one of Korea's top art-house directors, so I suffered through his films and his regular appearance on the film festival circuit. I did my best to deflect queries from editors who asked for a story on Kim, preferring instead to profile others who were fascinating me at the time.

Gradually, Kim fell out of favor. Korean audiences disappeared after BAD GUY, finding his silent, Orientalism boring. I always am fascinated how SPRING SUMMER FALL WINTER ... AND SPRING was the biggest Korean film ever in the West (before D-WAR), even though it sold barely 35,000 tickets in Korea. Then international audiences grew tired of his repetitive brutalities and Orientalisms.

Around this time, I began to like his movies again. One day I was flipping around the TV dial, when I came across a re-run of BAD GUY (by far Kim's most successful film in Korea). For some reason I left it on, and for once, instead of being annoyed at how it did not accurately represent Korean society, I thought it was funny. Not that forced prostitution, stabbings, rape and assorted trauma are funny. But when I listened to the soft musical cues and suggestive edits, I suddenly realized that, despite the film's brutality, in fact it was at heart a romantic comedy. A sick, twisted romantic comedy, but a rom-com nonetheless.

The more I thought about his films, the more I began to rethink them all. Instead of taking them so seriously and getting upset about them, I now viewed them as parodies, violent subversions of typical Korean storytelling. I have no evidence that Kim ever intended any of his films to be parodies or funny at all, but that is how I look at them. I think it makes them much more interesting.

Which is a long way of saying that I caught the new Kim Ki-duk film, DREAM, the other night.

dream10a1375sg8.jpg

DREAM is about two people who become linked through their dreams. A guy named Jin (Odagiri Jo) dreams something, then Ran (Lee Na-young) sleepwalks and lives his dream. He dreams of an accident, she drives her car and gets into an accident. He dreams of meeting his old girlfriend, then Ran... well, that would be telling.

Soon Jin and Ran figure out their connection and try to take steps to sever the unwanted bond.

At first, the audience in my theater was really put off by this story. Most of all, they disliked Kim's main conceit, of having Jin talk in Japanese, Ran speak in Korean, but have both understand each other. The film moves slowly and illogically, too, which they did not like.

But about halfway through the film, people seemed to decide that this was also a comedy. And as soon as they started laughing, the movie was much more enjoyable. Seeing Ran struggling to avoid sleep by holding her eyelids open was pretty funny. Jin's more extreme methods were even funnier (well, at first).

Given that the film is called DREAM (or BIMONG in Korean), it seems unfair to me to criticize the movie for its dream logic. In fact, my criticism is that it was not weird enough.

DREAM also features plenty of Gahoe-dong Korean traditional houses and exoticisms. Designed to appeal to Westerns with a "thing" for Asia, I guess. Who are these characters? No idea. Where are their friends? Backstory? Is anyone weirded out by the dream merging thing? All details that Kim glosses over in order to focus on pretty interiors and general misanthropy.

Personally, I think Kim's high point was THE ISLE, with its gorgeous cinematography that worked with its bizarre story. Everything since then has felt like a pale imitation of that better film.

Although it is safe to say that the poster for DREAM is the most gorgeous Kim Ki-duk poster ever. Really great looking.

Btw, with about 50,000 admissions since it opened on Oct. 9, it looks like DREAM is Kim's most successful film since BAD GUY (I think... I don't have all his movie's numbers in front of me, but that is what I remember).

Posted by Mark Russell at 1:58 PM

^WTF a comedy??? I think I'm gonna have to judge for myself when I see it, sometimes "critics" really have no idea (when do I get to watch it already!! And btw true, it is a very, very pretty poster XD)

Anyways, more pics of the gorgeous girl:

cine21_1008_lny_01.jpg

cine21_1008_lny_02.jpg

cine21_1008_lny_03.jpg

cine21_1008_lny_04.jpg

cine21_1008_lny_05.jpg

cine21_1008_lny_06.jpg

(credit as tagged)

Guest kdramafanusa

Thanks everyone for all the beautiful pics of Lee Na-Young. :)

Although the reviews aren't positive, I would like to see Dream to judge for myself too.

~~~~~

Source: VARIETY

http://www.variety.com/story.asp?l=story&a...938606&c=31

Posted: Fri., Oct. 3, 2008, 7:12pm PT

Dream

Bi Mong (Korea-Japan)

By JONATHAN HOLLAND

A Kim Ki-Duk Film, Sponge (Korea)/Style Jam, Dongyu Club (Japan) production. (International sales: Showbox/Mediaplex , Seoul.) Produced by Kim Ki-Duk, Song Myung-chui, David Cho, Kai Naoki, Kunizane Mizue. Directed, written, edited by Kim Ki-Duk.

With: Joe Odagiri, Lee Na-young, Zia Kim, Tae-Hyeon.

---

Unfortunately for Kim Ki-Duk fans hoping for a return to the glory days of the prolific Korean's "3-Iron," this "Dream" does not come true. Though shot through with terrific atmospherics and magnificent attention to visual detail, an initially intriguing dream vs. reality plotline quickly loses its focus and becomes merely an elegant exercise in style. Much is shown but little is explored, leaving pic feeling ungrounded in anything more than the helmer's own distinctive vision. Sufficient people buy into Kim to ensure extensive offshore arthouse play, but helmer's creative fecundity may be falling victim to the law of diminishing returns.

Wood-block engraver Jin (Japanese star Joe Odagiri, speaking Japanese while those around him talk Korean) awakens from a dream in which he's witnessed a hit and run car accident. Heading to the scene of the accident, Jin finds his dream has in fact taken place. He follows the police to the house of Ran (Lee Na-young), who is accused of causing the accident, but who claims to have been asleep all night.

Turns out Ran is a sleepwalker who has recently broken up with a b.f. she now hates, and that, as she sleeps, she is enacting Jin's dreams. The script, however, fails to explore the potentially interesting combination of supernatural thriller and police procedural that it has set up.

Ran's solution to the problem is to instruct Jin not to sleep, and his attempts to stay awake generate some nicely self-aware humor early on. But Kim buffs seeking one of his obsessive, masochistic protags will be satisfied later with graphically bloody fare, although such fare is dramatically unnecessary here, given the strength of Odagiri's practically all-scenes perf.

Pic shuttles between dream and reality in a generally predictable way, though interestingly, the script avoids the blindingly obvious strategy of having Jin and Ran fall for one another.

Though neither is particularly well-developed individually, their developing relationship -- suspicion giving way to mutual dependence and guilt -- takes us into some dark psychological terrain reminiscent of helmer's emotionally rough early work, particularly over the final reel. Thesps play off each other well.

As pure spectacle, pic is superb throughout -- all sharp-edged, vivid tones, richly illuminated to the point of hyper-realism, whether framing in close-up Jin's craftsmanship or simply taking in claustrophobic domestic spaces that seem to have been lifted directly from interior design catalogs.

The peacefulness and joy of a trip to a temple, a brief respite from the psychological torture, reps a beautifully-gauged atmospheric contrast.

Camera (color), Kim Gi-tae; music, Park Ji. Reviewed at San Sebastian Film Festival (competing), Sept. 26 2008. Running time: 93 MIN.

all the pictures everyone posted are beautiful (:

ah i definitely want to see this (i don't care about the reviews much.. -_-)

have to wait for english subs T-T

Guest valley girl

I like her most in Someone special and Ireland. Come on girl, go wed Jang Dong Gun or Bae Yong Joon, I don't mind :) I wish they all are happy. Either JDG-LNY or BYJ-LNY, it's still heavenly couple. She has smile of Bae Yong Joon and eyes a little similar to Jang Dong Gun.

Look forwards to this 15th movie of Kim Ki Duk. It's surely sad but full of happiness moments as well. I love the posters and trailer.

you know she's even gong yoo ideal type maybe because she is natural beauty, simple , talented and smart

^^When did Gong Yoo say this? Was it in an interview? That is sweet! They would look cute together... *thinking: series :D *

Anyways, let's just say that Kim Ki Duk's films don't always overly attract local box office success or affirmation from local critics, although overseas/foreign critics often have positively opposite views. Again, watch it for ourselves & be our own judges. Even if it is a disappointment, at least it's only just over 90mins (XP) & we can just totally ogle @ Odagiri Joe & Na Young XD XD

Now for some goodies:

Olivia Lauren Winter 2008 Catalogue

lny02110803ed6.jpg

lny02110814oh7.jpg

lny02110817bk4.jpg

lny02110801dr7.th.jpg lny02110802op6.th.jpg lny02110804iv9.th.jpg lny02110805ug0.th.jpg lny02110806dw9.th.jpg lny02110807nr0.th.jpg lny02110808qe8.th.jpg lny02110809ny6.th.jpg lny02110810ki0.th.jpg lny02110811bw0.th.jpg lny02110812nw8.th.jpg lny02110813sa9.th.jpg lny02110815hm6.th.jpg lny02110816va0.th.jpg lny02110818ek3.th.jpg lny02110819ky2.th.jpg lny02110820zx2.th.jpg lny02110821to4.th.jpg lny02110823yr6.th.jpg lny02110824wl3.th.jpg

(credit: http://kr.blog.yahoo.com/wangwenjing0702/2...;tt=1225631134)

I think she looks most gorgeous when she has her hair down <3

Guest valley girl

^^When did Gong Yoo say this? Was it in an interview? That is sweet! They would look cute together... *thinking: series :D *

Gong Yoo fave Girl is Lee young Ae and lee na young both not only Pretty + has lots aDs But Also can Act maybe that why BYJ, GY and JDG want her . LNY fave hobby is solving calculus ~ she must be Crazy hahahha

• 2 weeks later...
Guest run_lola_run

so is she acting in any movie or dramas?....she's beautiful..i miss her acting...

Even though Bi-mong just came out, it looks like she is focusing on movies and modeling for now.

It has been 4 almost 5 years since she has been in a k-drama. :( Come on girl! It's time you made your big drama comeback! It will be hard to top ROYOW or Ireland though. Maybe that's why she hasn't been in a tv drama yet...hasn't found the right script perhaps? :P

BTW, Here's an article I found just in case anybody is interested in it. I have no idea what it says. It just caught my attention because of the Song Seung Hun, Lee Na Young, and So Ji Sub pic.

韓연예계, '죽음의 트라이앵글'에서 벗어날수 있을까?

200811151622105081725a1fd9.jpg

[아시아경제신문 문용성 기자]한국 연예계가 ‘죽음의 트라이앵글’ 속에 빠져 허우적대고 있다.

제작 시스템과 매니지먼트, 그리고 연예인 사이에 맞물려 있는 이해관계가 해결의 기미를 보이지 않고 부정적인 결과로 치닫고 있는 것. 연예계의 세 축은 최근 드리워진 어두운 그림자를 걷어내기는커녕 서로 물러설 수 없는 입장에서 합리적인 타결점을 찾지 못하고 헤매고 있다.

#제작사 “출연료 거품 너무 많다”

지 난해부터 영화계에서는 제작자와 감독들을 중심으로 배우들의 개런티에 거품이 많다고 지적하면서 배우들의 양보를 요구해왔다. 합리적인 수준의 개런티 상한선을 마련하자는 것. 하지만 이와 같은 주장을 하던 중 몇몇 배우들의 심기를 건드려 제작사와 배우 사이의 첨예한 갈등을 유발한 적도 있다.

대개 톱스타들의 개런티는 4억 원 이상. 여기에 톱스타가 두 명 이상 기용될 경우에는 보통 영화 한 편의 순제작비 50% 이상을 차지하는 경우가 허다하다. 결국 총제작비는 주연급 배우의 개런티에 따라 결정되고, 웬만한 영화의 제작비는 40억 원을 넘어서는 것이 태반이다.

영화에 대한 투자가 위축되면서 시장이 얼음장 같은 상황에서 수십억 원의 제작비를 투입해 영화를 만든다는 것 자체가 이제 도박에 가깝게 됐다. 게다가 스태프들의 인건비도 대폭 오른 상태여서 영화 관계자들의 고통분담이 절실할 때다.

#매니지먼트 “제작사-연예인 사이에서 새우등 터진다”

상 황이 어렵기는 연예기획사도 마찬가지다. 톱스타들 몇 명 있어도 회사를 운영하기에 별반 도움이 안 되는 것이 지금의 실정. 조건이 좋아 봐야 소속 연예인 수익 대비 회사의 수익은 20%도 안 되기 때문에 직간접 경비를 제하면 남는 것이 없다. 수많은 톱스타들을 보유하고 있는 굴지의 매니지먼트사들도 요즘 경영상의 위기를 겪고, 구조조정에 들어갈 정도다.

한 매니저는 “캐스팅이 안 되는 것은 아니지만 최종 계약하기까지 엄청난 기싸움을 벌인다. 배우 개런티에 대해 제작사는 조금이라도 내리려 하고, 우리는 최대한 많이 받아야 하는 극과 극의 상황이다. 적절한 선에서 합의를 도출하지만 배우에게도 주고, 우리도 수익을 얻으려면 협상 과정에서 꽤 예민해지기 마련이다. 한 건 한 건에 피가 마른다”며 한숨을 내쉰다.

이와 같은 현상은 드라마의 외주 제작 비율이 높아지면서 방송가로 옮겨진지 오래다. 이젠 드라마 회당 출연료가 수천만원에 달하기 때문에 총출연료는 영화 한 편 출연료와 맞먹는다. 따라서 영화에만 전념하던 배우들이 최근 드라마로 진출하는 경우도 쉽게 볼 수 있고, 출연계약에서의 실랑이는 방송가에서도 여전히 벌어지고 있다.

#뒤늦게 부는 개혁의 바람

하지만 최근 영화계나 방송가에서는 서로의 어려운 현실을 공감하면서 고통을 분담하려는 능동적인 움직임이 보이고 있다. 드라마와 영화에 주인공으로 출연하면서 자신의 개런티를 제작비에 재투자하거나 처음부터 아예 노개런티를 선언하고 나선 것. 또 개런티를 예전 수준에 맞춰 동결하는 경우도 늘어나고 있다.

수억 원의 개런티 중 일부를 제작비에 투자함으로써 제작사는 줄 것 주면서도 한숨 돌릴 수 있게 됐고, 배우는 받을 것 받으면서도 작품에 대한 책임감을 더 갖게 되는 것. 이런 방식은 영화 ‘괴물’의 송강호를 비롯해 ‘남자는 남자다’의 소지섭과 강지환 등으로 이어지고 있으며, ‘고사’의 이범수처럼 제작비 규모에 따라 자신의 개런티를 적정 수준에 맞추는 경우도 있다.

이나영은 ‘비몽’에 출연하면서 러닝개런티만 받기로 하고 노개런티를 선언했다. 또 MBC 월화드라마 ‘에덴의 동쪽’의 주인공 송승헌은 먼저 제작비를 충당한 뒤 출연료는 나중에 받겠다고 밝힌 바 있다. 최근에는 자신이 꼭 하고 싶은 작품에 출연할 경우 작품의 완성도를 추구하는데 써 달라며 출연료를 스스로 낮추거나 받지 않는 일도 종종 볼 수 있다.

이렇게 오랜 기간 침체 국면에 있던 영화계와 방송가는 톱스타들의 의식 있는 행동으로 인해 다소 활기를 찾을 전망이다. 이런 분위기가 '죽음의 트라이앵글' 속 연예계를 소생시킬지 귀추가 주목된다.

Source: http://www.asiaeconomy.co.kr/uhtml/read.js...section2=S2N600

• 3 weeks later...
Guest huangsy

Lee Na Young has been cast in drama, All In 2, also known as Land of Professionals !

20081203181107627b6_181804_0.jpg

**edited** seems casting news was a mistake ! :(

Archived