Lee Na Young 이나영

j.lee

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^Neh, as far as current updates go, Lee Na Young will not be in the sequel for All In (as much as drama lovers would love to see her in one ><") I believe Sung Yuri has been confirmed as the lead cast along w/ Ji Sung instead.

I think Lee Na Young is at the stage in her career where she will most likely concentrate on movies... but then again who knows, recently there have been big name cinema stars returning to the small screen.

Anyways, looking forward to finally being able to watch Bimong when it gets released on DVD! Santa is still just as awesome after all XDD

• 1 month later...
Guest run_lola_run

Lee Na-young to discuss art film with fans

January 14th, 2009 // by javabeans

leenayoung25uh6.jpg

This sounds like a cool event series for fans and film buffs (or it could be, if the guest star has interesting things to say about the works featured): Lee Na-young (Maundy Thursday) will watch a film with fans (one she personally recommends, not one she’s in), then discusses it afterward with attendees.

On the 21st, she’ll be at the Cinematheque Pusan as a part of a series focusing on art films and supporting indie productions. Past participants have included directors like Park Chan-wook and movie critics.

Lee Na-young’s event will screen Under the Sand (2000), a Francois Ozon-directed work starring Charlotte Rampling, of whom Lee said, “I was jealous of and enchanted by Rampling’s acting in the film.”

Lee’s management said, “Lee Na-young is participating in this event because, as an actor, she has a deep affection for the Cinematheque and for movies. She finds this a meaningful occasion to be able to meet with film fans whom she has not had the opportunity to see very often.”

Source: Dramabeans

I want to gooooooooooooo.

Guest kdramafanusa

Lee Na-Young's in Japan for "Bimong / Sad Dream" (opening there on Feb 7) promotional activities. On the 13th and 14th, she's interviewed by FujiTV, SPUR, ERA, CREA, Nikkan Sports News, etc.

coming200901151444430.jpg

http://sports.hankooki.com/lpage/cinet/200...14445094410.htm

http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=200901151057551003

http://joynews.inews24.com/php/news_view.p...g_serial=386211

Lee Na-Young's in Japan for "Bimong / Sad Dream" (opening there on Feb 7) promotional activities. On the 13th and 14th, she's interviewed by FujiTV, SPUR, ERA, CREA, Nikkan Sports News, etc.

http://sports.hankooki.com/lpage/cinet/200...14445094410.htm

^Thanks for the news. I like the Japanese version of the film's poster!! Not as artsy pas the Korean one but still, it looks & feel really homey =)

^Replacing Jeon Ji Hyun or will they be modeling together?? I love them both!!!

---edit---

^Still not sure, but I came across a couple of preview pics >>>

150109_nayoung_.jpg

150109_nayoung.jpg

(source: empas)

If she & JJH were to model together, they would so totally rock it XDD

Guest kdramafanusa

I read that Lee Na Young will be the new model.

~~~~~

Source: Lunapark6

MOVIE REVIEW : Dream (Bi-mong)

Posted by luna6 on Dec 21, 2008

Movie: Dream

Release Date: October 9, 2008

Director: Ki-duk Kim

Starring: Joe Odagiri, Na-yeong Lee

Runtime: 93 min.

Editor Rating: 7.5

Users Rating: 7.33 (12 votes)

Ki-duk Kim, definitely on the short list of most diametrically opposed “love him” or “hate him” directors in Asia, is back again for his 15th film titled “Dream”. Coincidentally, “diametrical” is not only representative of the popular opinion surrounding Ki-duk Kim films, but also takes center stage when examining the movie’s main theme - but more on that later. If you want to compare “Dream” with any of Kim’s prior films, the obvious candidate would be “Time” (superficially at least). Both films feature non-Korean actors in the lead roles, clubs you over the head with symbolic imagery (ranging from obtuse to clunky), and features moments set in a prison setting. Where “Dream” veers off from other Kim films is the completely surrealistic subject matter, something that would probably inspire M.C. Escher.

In “Dream,” Jin (Joe Odagiri) wakes up from a dream with an uneasy feeling that what he just dreamt may have just been something more. In his dream, Jin drove his ex girlfriend’s car, only to smash into another car, but takes off before the police arrive. Jin’s uneasy feeling about his dream is so persistent that he leaves his home and drives to the spot where the accident occurred in his dream. When Jin arrives at the intersection, there is the same car he dreamt he hit, broken down from a hit & run accident. The area is now blanketed with cops.

Jin then overhears that a suspect for the hit & run has been discovered and follows a cop car that goes to investigate the suspect. When the police arrive, they find a car matching the description of the hit & run driver’s car with a smashed in front engine. The police then takes the woman named Ran (Na-young Lee)in for questioning. While she is being taken away, Jin hears Ran screaming that she was home all evening and was in fact sleeping in her bed.

At the police station, Jin walks up to the police desk interviewing Ran and takes full blame for the hit & run. He claims that somehow what he dreamt was acted out by Ran, but she is completely free from blame. After psychological exams, Jin and Ran realize that they are inexplicably connected, with Ran acting out whatever Jin dreams …

“Dream” is a unique film, that at times feels like a clunky art-house film, but wins you over with its many sleight of hand tricks to make you re-examine what is reality. Especially in the beginning of the film, “Dream” takes on more of a feel of a “theatrical play” rather than your typical feature length film. The main culprit for this feeling would undoubtedly lie with Joe Odagiri speaking entirely in Japanese, while all the other characters respond in Korean. Timing between spoken lines become more pronounced, as the characters seem to make sure they don’t run over the other person’s lines. For less adventurous native Korean & Japanese movie goers, this just may well become a deal breaker. Western audience may not even notice this discrepancy, and for all others, this becomes less of an issue as you become more familiar with the story. Realism does take a serious hit with the decision to have Joe Odagiri speak entirely in Japanese, but when examined more closely, the loss of realism becomes more of an intentional ploy to further blur the line between the movie’s central question - “What is reality and what is a dream?”

For people who find the story confusing or absolutely need to fill in all the blanks, well the story is purposefully obtuse and you just can’t fit everything perfectly into place. Instead, “Dream” is a film that should be taken as a whole to surmise what could have occurred in the film. If you don’t mind spoilers and want to know my take on the film’s premise read below and for others just skip to the last paragraph. The biggest clue in determining what is “reality” (or better yet what is not “reality”) in the film is Joe Odagiri’s Jin character speaking Japanese. This tells you that the movie’s narration is set not in reality but within a dream, but then from whose dream does the story take place? You can pick Ran or Jin, but it really doesn’t matter, as they seem to be one. The film on more than one occasion harps on the mantra “black & white is the same,” while Ran and Jin appears in contrasting black & white throughout the film. Also note the scene where Ran walks back to Jin’s car outside the Buddhist temple. When Ran peers into the tinted window, Jin’s reflection appears on the window.

With the combination of Ki-duk Kim, Joe Odagiri, and Na-yeong Lee working together for the first time, my enthusiasm for “Dream” was incredibly high. This was even further heightened by the absolutely stunning trailer released for “Dream.” The actual end product doesn’t quite rise to the level of these lofty expectations. Frequent faults found in Ki-duk Kim’s latter films (like his penchant for pretentiousness or his over emphasis on unique themes & under emphasis on believable characters) appear numerous times in “Dream.” With that stated, the movie is still a fascinating pic that unveils a succession of sleight of hand tricks to make you re-examine what you first believed is reality in the film. “Dream” is Kim’s most enjoyable film to date.

Cast:

Joe Odagiri

Na-yeong Lee

Ji-a Park

Tae-hyeon Kim

Mi-hie Jang

• 2 weeks later...
Guest kdramafanusa

^Still not sure, but I came across a couple of preview pics >>>

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s18/amt...09_nayoung_.jpg

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s18/amt...109_nayoung.jpg

Some more from this set?

img261997352kn9.jpg

img261997353rg3.jpg

img261997354by7.jpg

img261997355rk7.jpg

img261997356al7.jpg

img261997357si4.jpg

img261997358uo0.jpg

img261997359xe4.jpg

img261997360zh0.jpg

img261997361ma8.jpg

img261997362tx1.jpg

img261997363up6.jpg

img261997365tu8.jpg

img261997366dj5.jpg

img261997367wt8.jpg

What does everyone think? :)

She seems even thinner than usual right?

Guest grays567

thank you for posting the pictures. She looks very pretty. The short hair makes her look different but it isn't bad. She does look like she lost more weight.

Guest valley girl

thanks For posting her

not always thinner kdramanusa that mean she always loose weight

she always thin as usual hahahaha

She is 169 cm/ 48 kg!!.. i believe since she is skinny

some actress i think faked their height like 172 cm weight 48 kg but fatter than her ..

i like this onnie

Her wallie From Bestbellie

1024x7683nq9.th.jpg1024x7681gi2.th.jpg1024x7682hg1.th.jpg

cred bestbellie.co.kr

Guest sohapilee

OMO, she's so beautiful;

like an angel~

her beauty is the ethereal kind of beauty~

I'll always like her, the way I like jung woo-sung. Not really mentioned/babbled about all the time...but undeniably there.

cham, now that I think of it----

I think Lee na-young and Jung woo-sung would look great in a movie/drama together~!

I'm sure of it! they have not done one yet, right???

She looks so good in the photos above. She should be an international catwalk model. She's so tall! and thin! she looks great in all those hairstyle variations too!

Don't you think so???

Lee Na Young - Interview by Ni-Korea

posted by miemi on byjgallery

japanese to english translation by mariko

66993592zk8.jpg

63178681pq3.jpg

she said that the movie "Breath" is a dream role for her.

91091837az8.jpg

She also said that her co star Odagiri Joe and her have many things in common.

45942849qy1.jpg

She also likes Japanese food and fashion. She particularly like natto. [natto, a japanese fermented soybeans]

78482103oe6.jpg

47538011ut5.jpg

Thank you very much for accepting the interview Ms. LNY.

27271657qm9.jpg

LNY presented the picture with her signature.

she said that the movie "Breath" is a dream role for her.
^^Uuuuhh do we mean "Bimong"?? If that's the case then I'm loving the pun lol Or is she saying that she wished she was in Kim Ki Duk's other movie "Breath"?

Thanks huangsy for posting the photos of LNY+Odagiri Joe in Tokyo on Feb 7 promoting BiMong. You know for 2 ridiculously good-looking people they sure possess a bizarrely interesting fashion sense. I'm sorry but I am confused w/ their styles!

Anyways- I finally got to watch BiMong- I could tolerate the extreme use of symbolisms but the lack of logic in the character's actions really bothered me. And I can unfortunately see what one of the reviews posted was referring to when they thought certain moments were borderline comical. Then there were the bits that made you squirm, eek!

Na Young pitched in her usual stellar performance though, so did Odagiri Joe (& my gawsh do they look good together) although nothing ground-breaking as with the rest of the film. However, overall, it is worth a watch because as a piece of art it is actually quite enjoyable in its own kinda way.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest kdramafanusa

Source: The Korea Herald 2009.03.14

Spring highlights brighter fashion

It is that time of the year when fashion-savvy women are religiously checking out the weather forecast to decide whether they can start wearing lighter and usually more fashionable spring clothes.

This spring, industry insiders say fashion will be dominated by the usual bright colors including peach pink and yellow, but that minimalist fashion in monotonous shades will also sell steadily. They also said to watch out for dresses matched with biker jackets.

As for shoes -- the item that completes fashion and is a barometer of whether or not one is stylish -- consumers will see light colors reigning again.

Fashion experts say both kill heels and flat shoes are going to be popular in accordance with different looks, while some designer shoe makers will be rolling out unique but pricy products.

200903130008.jpg

Customers shop for designer-brand shoes at a Lotte Department Store in Seoul. [Lee Sang-sub/The Korea Herald]

Bright or monotone

It is no surprise that bright and vivid colors will prevail in spring.

"We picked peach pink and yellow as the main shades for this season," said Kim So-hyun, a merchandiser for Lotte Department Store.

Kim said the popularity of day dresses, which were among last year's hot items, is likely to continue into the spring.

"Dresses take up more than 45 percent of the department store's current total women's-wear sales," said Kim.

Kim said a neat day dress worn with a long tailored jacket is an appealing look for office workers, while picking biker jackets matched with skinny jeans and long shirts for those going for casual looks. Flower-printed chiffon dresses worn with biker jackets will be spotted often on streets, she predicted.

Biker jackets, which used to be considered too manly in the past, are gradually gaining attention from Korean women, who usually put them on top of feminine-looking inner-wears.

Kim said a recent development is local brands rolling out biker jackets made with other materials other than leather, including tweed and wool.

Kim attributed the trend to consumers' pursuit of diversity and the influence of preppy looks from mega-hit KBS television drama "Boys Over Flowers."

QUA, a brand by Kolon Fashion, for example, is promoting a neat preppy style inspired by the drama, as well as girlish looks.

"Our spring/summer collection will show a lot of wide-shoulder jackets, long tailored jackets and short pants," said Kim Eun-jung, who heads QUA's design team.

200903130009.jpg

But achromatic color lovers will not be disappointed.

"Although brighter colors will widely be seen in the season, monotone shades will still be seen a lot as well," said Kim So-hyun.

KUHO, an affiliate of leading local apparel company Cheil Industries Inc., presents monotone minimalist collection for the season, which is consistent with the brand's usual style.

Under the theme, "Avant-garde minimalism," the brand's spring collection will show simple silhouettes in such colors as black and gray with bits of bright accents -- in turquoise or lavender.

"Outfits with higher waistlines accentuate the waist and figure, thus bringing more graceful femininity," said a KUHO spokesperson.

Kill heels or flats

Spring shoes, just like fashion, will feature versatility in their colors and designs.

More than ever, shoes, along with bags, are considered crucial in finishing one's overall look. The recent popularity of designer shoes proves this phenomenon.

But instead of Manolo Blahnik and Jimmy Choo from "Sex and the City," it is local designer shoe brands like Choi Jung-in, The Shoe and Jinny Kim which are getting consumers' attention.

200903130010.jpg

The one-of-a-kind designs that differentiate themselves from ready-made shoe brands are receiving good responses despite higher prices.

Height-wise, the choice is most likely be an extreme one between 4-inch kill heels, or flat shoes.

Heels this spring will be sexier and edgier with bold designs, while flats will be cute and lovely with various ornaments attached to them, insiders note.

Last winter's craze for booties -- micro-short boots that barely cover the ankle -- seems to continue in the season, but as sandal versions.

Guess Shoes, noted for its kill heels, presents 4 to 5 inch stilettos in various designs and details, including bootie-looking sandals.

Jinny Kim presents its Bon-bon Ribbon Collection of which the shoes have gift rapping ribbon-shaped decorations on them. The gold and silver flat shoes were specially created for the White Day, representing the romantic mood of spring.

By Koh Young-aah

(youngaah@heraldm.com)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest kdramafanusa

Lee Na-Young will be a guest presenter at the 3rd Asian Film Awards in HK on March 23rd. She and cinematographer Christopher Doyle will hand out Best Cinematography Award.

Another article about the event:

Source: The Hollywoood Reporter

Asian Film Awards aims for wider audience

To stream on Chinese Web, air on TV in Europe

March 19, 2009

By Jonathan Landreth

BEIJING -- Hong Kong's biggest annual celebration of Asian cinema will try to reach a bigger-than-ever audience this year through new partnerships with a Chinese video Web site and international broadcasters.

Organizers of the third annual Asian Film Awards said Thursday that the March 23 event -- which will feature appearances by Tony Leung, William Hurt, Oliver Stone, Michelle Yeoh and Chinese leading ladies Zhou Xun and Zhao Wei -- could well reach an audience of 300 million households worldwide.

Set to be taped in front of a live audience of 3,000 guests expected at the Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Center, the AFAs will be streamed live over the Internet for the first time via media partner Tudou.com, one of the world's most active video sharing Web sites.

Excerpts of the AFA presentation ceremony will then air the next day to 250 million households in Hong Kong and China on Hong Kong's official broadcaster, TVB Pearl.

Select portions also will air on TVB's Jade and Entertainment News Channel and repeat globally on the TVB8 channel. From April 4 onward, the AFA also will air on Star World, Xing Kong and Star Chinese Movies 2, News Corp.-owned channels that reach some 75 million homes across Asia and North America.

Underscoring growing global interest in Asian cinema, Swedish media group NonStop Television will rebroadcast the AFA in 12 territories including Denmark, Finland, Belgium and Luxembourg.

Archived