sojisubaddicted

Guest vicente

sig1kp6.gif

ann1045_46166575264312.jpg

ann1045_46170295075388.jpg

sig2pq0.jpg

sig4en2.jpg

sig3wa9.jpg

captures from clip. I'm not sure credit , My friend send me again. ;)

Jerrina.... Thank you for beautiful pictures. love that. :P

Dahee Fanel Thank you for translate with us . :D

Guest jerrina

PICS OF JI SUB IN ANAN MAGAZINE

from DC소갤

===========

From Love蘇Nick

oh my ji sub lose weight, it is because of his upcoming series "cain & abel"?

a warm greetings to all!

Guest charlesriver

WOW! Thanks Jerrina and vicente for the pics.

SJS is so hot! :w00t::w00t:

Does anyone know where to get anan Sept issue that will ship to US? I did see it on sell

at innolife.com but I have never bought stuff from them.

Guest vicente

credit : mariko 3asian

Jerrina.....Thank you for upload pictures with us, I love Jisub in this style. image

charlesriver..... I think you wait saturn to answer with you. hahaha. It Korea magazine. image

Guest liezle

jerrina, you are so talented. i love the rubik's cube the and photo puzzle that you did. thanks for sharing then with us. likewise thanks for the anan photos. he looks slim in those photos compared to the screencaps from japan.

vicente, thanks for the screencaps that you share that shared from japan. he looks so buff.

dahee fanel, thanks for translating the wonderful captions that ji sub wrote in each piece of photos he had taken.

saturn, as always, thanks for the clips from TBS special on SJS. hope that we can see the whole of it :)

to all the regulars, hi!

i really want to get my hands on that Anan mag..JiSub is so gorgeous it HURTS!!!

Love everybit of him..his style...wow... :rolleyes: ..such sexyness!!

Guest Dahee Fanel

I was sifting through my old translation files, and I came across this article that I remember Priscilla unni offering to me to translate once, long ago. I don't think she ever gave me the article itself, but I stumbled across a link that Lunette posted on JSA once, along with these pictures. And I recognized the article right away as being the one that Prisci unni had wanted to have translated. But being busy with other translation projects at the time, I set this aside for later, and promptly forgot about it. But now I've found it again, after over a year of neglect, and after reading it properly, my interest was rekindled. And thus, here is the translation, ready for your reading enjoyment! :D

This is a very old article, from early in Jisub's career, I'm guessing from around 2001. Here's the link to the original article: http://mbcguide.imbc.com/0003/html/fix/fix_01.html

Enjoy! :)

Park Yong Ha and So Ji Sub: Filling Each Other's Weaknesses, the Strongest Couple

**Translated by Dahee Fanel for jisubaddicts.com

Actors Park Yong Ha and So Ji Sub. These two are the best of friends. Park Yong Ha, who lives near Hong-Ik University, and So Ji Sub, who lives in Yeouido, get together 3-4 times a week as though they live close to each other, and have their own unique kind of fun.

After going to a nearby PC room and relaxing by playing Starcraft, they go drinking at a liquor place they go to all the time, and start talking about endless topics. Sometimes their friends Jang Hyuk and Cha Tae Hyun join them, but usually it's just the two of them.

"What do we do when we get together? We talk about hard things that happened while filming, and give each other advice about our acting. Everyday kind of things like that. One thing that's weird about us is that we don't know much about each other's families, trivial things like that. We don't do that on purpose, it's just that we never end up talking about that sort of thing." So Ji Sub introduced their special friendship in this way.

Park Yong Ha, who possesses an unaffected bright image, and So Ji Sub, who possesses a somewhat sad atmosphere. They know very well that they have very different styles. Maybe it's because of that, but there are more people who don't know they're friends than people who do. Their images are that different. Park Yong Ha has a lot of friends and can talk to anyone without restraint, while So Ji Sub doesn't initiate conversations with anyone who isn't as close to him as his manager or coordinator.

1pyhsjszl9.jpg

The two of them first met in the fall of 1998. Park Yong Ha, who was busy after receiving popularity with <Look Again and Again>, opened Andre Kim's fashion show as a model in Kyung-joo. It was there that he first met the model So Ji Sub, and after greeting each other casually, they discovered that they were the same age.

Park Yong Ha described their first meeting thus: "At first, I was drawn to him because we were the same age. I hadn't been able to make a lot of friends my age while working, you see. So when I learned that Jisub was my age, I felt like he was my friend. My first impression of Jisub was, how do I put it...Maybe it's because he's the type who doesn't talk much and is silent, but something about him caused me to feel curious about him. I felt that he was a guy who forced people to feel curious about him. If I'm a little more honest about it, I approached him because I was wondering what kind of person he was."

After the Kyung-joo fashion show, Park Yong Ha wasn't able to meet with So Ji Sub. A few days later, after running into So Ji Sub quite by accident in the MBC lobby, Park Yong Ha greeted him by saying "Didn't I meet you in Kyung-joo?". The two of them exchanged phone numbers, and saying "Let's meet up sometimes", they parted ways. Of course, it was Park Yong Ha who was the first to suggest that they meet again.

"It's just difficult to open Jisub up in the beginning. After he opens up to you, he tries hard to give you only really great things. Jisub never lies. He's not particularly careful or friendly, but his heart is tender and warm."

Once, an incident like this occurred. Last year, Park Yong Ha had a girlfriend, but the two of them were in danger of breaking up. His girlfriend and So Ji Sub were acquainted with each other. So Ji Sub, knowing that the two of them were in danger of breaking up, bought a delicious meal for that woman, and attempted to help the two of them fix things by arranging for Park Yong Ha to arrive (at the restaurant).

2pyhsjstx8.jpg

"I know very well that Jisub's personality makes it impossible for him to tell people things they don't want to hear. But one day, I received his phone call, and he said 'Your girlfriend's waiting for you, come quickly.' When I arrived there, this guy who doesn't even laugh easily was attempting to lighten the mood by telling a funny story. I could see his 'trying his hardest' self. It was impossible not to feel touched."

However, So Ji Sub's efforts were in vain, and the two of them broke up. To 24-year-old men, women are of a special interest. When I asked whether So Ji Sub had a girlfriend, he replied with a laugh, "If I did, would two guys be meeting each other like this?". So Ji Sub said, "A gentle and well-behaved woman would suit Yong-ha well", but Park Yong Ha said that he likes women who are open-minded and positive, rather than gentle.

Without holding back any advice on So Ji Sub's future girlfriend, Park Yong Ha said, "Jisub has a lot of weight on his shoulders. It's because he thinks that he doesn't have anyone around who can protect him. So I think that Jisub needs a woman who can relax his tense shoulders, and whom he can lean on and be comfortable with. If he could find a girlfriend who can warmly accept him and who is stable-minded, I think he would be able to smile much more brightly than he does now." However, although Park Yong Ha has been wishing this for him, during the three years that he's been friends with him, he hasn't once seen So Ji Sub date any woman. He merely has a memory about hearing about a woman So Ji Sub had dated in the past.

"Jisub once had a girlfriend whom he dated for about three years, but they'd broken up. He said that he really liked her a lot. He told me that he felt very sad when he heard that that girlfriend had gone to the United States and gotten married."

3pyhsjsqo9.jpg

Even these two people with completely opposite images have things in common. Both their hobbies are motorbikes, snowboarding, and video games. The two of them ride their motorbikes in the suburbs during every free moment they have, and they go to the ski resorts at night in order to go snowboarding.

They're still new actors who are still worrying about their next productions. But their worry over the other person's future, rather than the finding of good productions for themselves, is lovely. The two of them say that friendship means feeling comfortable with each other even after seeing each other for the first time in a long while; as though they only parted yesterday. While looking at them, I thought that the condition for becoming truly good friends lies in filling each other's weaknesses.

Writer: Jo Jung Hyung

Photographer: Kim Sung Min

Guest charlesriver

dahee, thanks for translating this long article.

The friendship between SJS and his closest friends must mean so much for someone like him who does not

make friends easily. Too bad his friends including him are all quite busy for each's career, can't be together

as often as they like....

Especially, hope the weight is less heavy on Jisub's shoulder now.

vicente, thanks for the bigger photos! I really want the current issue of anan!

Guest thunderbolt

Dahee, thank you for that wonderful translation! *muah* I always love reading these little personal insights into Jisub.

Guest charlesriver

Did he loose weight? he look so freaking gorgeous in those pix!

Yes, SJS has lost some weight reported for his new role in upcoming "Cain and Abel".

He is still as gorgeous as ever though! :D

Korean magazine 'An An' September/2007 edition.

A Hesitater's Charm

The blue chip of Korean Wave - So JiSub. Now he has cleared his years of twenties and came to us as a still tender man of his thirties. Here is the full 140minutes and 37seconds' exchange with the man.

Cha-MuHyuk was already a man of three years ago. In the days of popular new dramas are appearing almost everyday, three years is too long. Nevertheless, Cha- MuHyeok, the man lived in a drama was rarely forgotten; neither was So-JiSub,-the hermaphrodite of MuHyeok.

Now, So-JiSub had closed his twenties and returned from two years and two months' military service. What changes has this time brought to this man?

<AnAn> meets him as soon as he has chosen his next drama to appear and its pre- work is finished.

It's been a while. Really, you have a tan. Got a little bit thinner?

Really? Yes, I got some tan. I am going to the filed. I began Golf.

Is that right? Golfing well?

Not quite. I told you I 'began' golf. Getting indulged into it, though.

Golfing with whom? Who are the members?

Seung Hun is a regular member. I have time these days. It is nice, doing exercises, going outdoors, and relaxing. I am planning a Tour in Che-Ju Island next week.

How is Seung Hun? Seeing him often?

Of course. Same with other friends.

What a shot. Seeing you two golfing? I'd love to shoot it.

Ha,Ha, If there is the chance.

Photo Essey is running on Naver, ranking popularity number one. Should we expect 'So-JiSub's Special Golf Lesson' coming soon on the net?

I am not that good. Those pictures were taken before.

Great photos. When did you start taking photos?

Those were from New Zealand and U.S. I started taking photos during the commercial shooting abroad, here and there. I fit into it when I first started taking pictures same as I do now with golf.

Lots of things attract you? I am curious.

Not that many. But, once I fall into it, I fall deeply. I did that with cars, photos, and accessories.

Accessories? really? What kind?

Silver. And Diamond. I have a collection.

It is well known that So- JiSub is a very quiet person, and a man of few words. His being bashful is also generally known. However, his talking skill during a friendly flowing casual and daily conversation has never been really recognized.

I have met him a number of times before, but, never had a long enough time to talk like this one. He was always surrounded with people. But, having finished shooting photos after a long absence, sitting with a cup of tea, all too soon, he was turning into a friendly short-answer- type chatterer.

Your fans made a book for you. (his fan club 'Young So Sa' published a book dedicated to him) Past photos from<AnAn> are appeared in the book, too.

I had an appointment and was about to go out, and this heavy book arrived. I heard they were putting it together, but didn’t expect that it was going to be that thick. I ended up canceling the appointment, sat down there with the book, and read it through.

I agree that it was a great job. I told them it(publishing a book) wouldn't be as easy as they were thinking in our phone conversation during the time they were in the middle of working on the book. Now I regret to have spoken in such a cold manner.

I guess they resemble me. My fan also don't talk much. That might be the reason the book became possible. In the early days of the fan club, we met more often. Once again, I want to deliver my heartily appreciation to them.

Hopes run high. How do you feel about So-JiSub Blue Chip?

In fact, I do not understand it well. When I had begun to shoot "Sorry, I love You" I was already preparing for armed forces enlistment, and as soon as the drama was over, I started the military service. I couldn’t afford enjoying the popularity from the dram and was busy catching up with unfamiliar life. The 2 years 2 months passed. So-JiSub Blue Chip.. I do not understand it well, and it is rather a burden.

Entertainment industry is watching you as a most expected actor of the next generation Korean Wave business.

I take a really strange feeling when I go to Japan. It is as if the feeling from ten years ago when people started recognizing me. I like the enthusiasms of the fans, but, what I am really glad about is the fact itself that I can become a new face again. The Korean Wave is not really my domain. I am an actor, not a business person.

I heard that a lot of a Japanese fan visited you during your alternative military service.

It was really a problem. There was even a tour package touring the Mapo Ward Office where I was. I was completely at a loss. Though there was nothing I could do during my duty, people kept visiting me from abroad. I didn’t know what to do.

How was the 2 years and 2 months?

Naturally, I looked back the past ten years. It was new experience to have become an ordinary man who lives a normal life. It was the first time that I lived like that. I had become to understand blue-Monday. I liked Friday nights the most and hated Sunday nights the most.

Why didn't you date?

Date? I wanted to. I still want to.

I missed the feeling of falling in love and giving in everything for her, planning wonderful things for her. I missed the feeling of throbbing with expectation to a date with her.

So, that is how you are when in love?

I give in entirely. Thus I seem to fail.

Scorpions are like that.

Are they so?

Do you want to get married?

Of course. I think that I will have a really good married life. Good hubby, good daddy.. I really want to be those. I will star with Mr. Ji- JinHee in the new dram 'Cain and Abel' At our first meeting, He talked about his baby. Well….I envied.

You will have a good marriage.

Do you think so?

So-JiSub tasted a blank of two years when he gained the popularity which he would have enjoyed. In fact, he said he feels the popularity that "Misa" brought to him now because when people looked for Cha-MuHyeok, he has tightly hidden in the armed forces

Now we have heard his outlook of love and marriage. Though his heart's desire to real love hides in the tape recorder, it appears to be true that he is still available. With his desires to true love and marriage being conveyed so strong, although his being single feels fortunate, at the same time, heartbreaking.

What about the schedule of shooting Cain and Abel?

It is carried over a little and begins shooting around September. It was scheduled to be followed immediately after my military service discharge. I like it because it gave me some spare time.

What is your role?

The man of the misfortune to become the killer. Jin.

It resembles Cha- MuHyeok,. A gloomy charisma.

Inook of "Bali" is `I' which seems to have resembled both MuHyeok of "Sorry, I love you" and Jin of "Cain and Abel" . I am seriously thinking about what kind of Jin I would make out of me..

Why haven't you come back as a slightly bright natured prince? The story seems sad.

I thought about it, too, but I read this script and was much attracted. I am struggling, working on this role of Jin from his head to the toe. I realized that MuHyeok was too powerful while doing this work. It adds the burdens.

I guess so. Are you nervous after a long absence to return?

It is still all right. I don’t know how it will be as time passes. I am practicing the strength and weakness adjustment of feelings. In fact, I took guidance from senior actors while playing the role of MuHyeok. It is more import!ant for me to practice tuning my feelings than practicing acting itself. I tend to be much influenced by my first feelings from the lines. This intuition is more correct and thus it is import!ant to do my best at every single instant and must not forget about it. I am also checking the hair styles and fashions (of Jin), too.

So-JiSub returned. However modestly he says that it is a burden, he is an expected blue chip. Upcoming drama "Cain and Abel" of production cost 6,000,000,000 won tells it. On a separate stage set before the upcoming masterpiece, he says.

"I can't help even if I fail. I do not think of only success, because I will keep on walking anyway"

It explains the dignity of So-JiSub: The Blue Chip.

credit : Youngsosa ( http://cafe.daum.net/sojs ) Lime Tree.

HQ scan

http://jsforever05.x-y.net/photo1/2007_09_anan_01.jpg

http://jsforever05.x-y.net/photo1/2007_09_anan_02.jpg

http://jsforever05.x-y.net/photo1/2007_09_anan_03.jpg

http://jsforever05.x-y.net/photo1/2007_09_anan_04.jpg

http://jsforever05.x-y.net/photo1/2007_09_anan_05.jpg

http://jsforever05.x-y.net/photo1/2007_09_anan_06.jpg

http://jsforever05.x-y.net/photo1/2007_09_anan_07.jpg