So Ji Sub 소지섭 - Best Korean Actor & Rapper -

sojisubaddicted

088.gif
So Ji Sub 소지섭  a.k.a So Ganzi Thread .
Let's share our loves and feelings to So Ji Sub oppa here. 
Thread's important rule: Don't bring any shipping fantasies here to make this thread remained peaceful and to give respect actor So Jisub's privacy.
PicsArt_07-15-02.39.12.jpg
So Ji sub
tumblr_nz482mMH8a1ql0375o1_500.gif

Biography
So Ji Sub was born on November 4, 1977. He started swimming in an early age. He continued swimming till his high school years. "In high school, I was a swimmer who was doing well. To be precise, I played water polo, which is known as “handball in water.” My skills were known. People would be surprised to hear that I was a national representative of junior water polo. I really enjoyed sports. It’s the same now, but my parents worried a lot because they thought I couldn’t adjust to teamwork because of my introverted personality. But the freedom inside water was a kind of release and escape for me. I parted water without desire, and the feeling I got in my body from it caught me from going into a bad path during my teenage years. Sports was a thankful existence for me. No, it still is my most thankful friend. " 

Having an athletic background, he started modeling to make living. Being an avid fan of hip-hop group Deunx and Kim Seung Jae, he got the opportunity to do modeling for denim jean with him. The sudden death of Kim Seung Jae was a big shock to him before taking the first step but "Like that, my mind’s idol passed. Ironically, the sudden death of my idol became an opportunity that opened another road for me. I had been supporting cast, but I was suddenly chosen as the main mode". 

Being given the opportunity of starting his modeling work he met his long-time friends Seung Seung Hun and Park Young ha. He made his acting debut in the sitcom Three Guys and Three Girls and drama Model.  But whereas fellow STORM model Song Seung-heon quickly rose to stardom, he had difficulty raising his profile. He appeared in small roles on television throughout the late 1990s and early 2000s, and started to gain popularity when he was cast as the male second lead in Glass Slippers in 2002. "From my debut in 1995 to 2004’s “What Happened in Bali,” I had a nine-year period of obscurity. Back then, the flower-boy style of people like Jang Dong-gun, Han Jae-suk and Song Seung-hun were drawing popularity from the masses. During that time, I heard the phrase “Don’t be an actor” countless times."

So Ji Sub began to show his potential to become a true actor in 2004's What Happened in Bali, but was again overshadowed by co-star Zo In-sung. At the time, So thought he would end up being a supporting actor. But later that year, he had his breakout role as the tragic hero in smash hit I'm Sorry, I Love You. It made him a top star in Korea, as well as all over Asia. "As “What Happened in Bali” and “I’m Sorry, I Love You” became hit after hit, the awareness of the masses toward me changed. They accepted my own distinct charms and gave me love. I think that’s also when I earned the nicknamed ‘So Ganji.’"

He enlisted for mandatory military service in 2005 as a public relations officer with the Mapo District Office, and was discharged on April 27, 2007. He made his comeback in Jang Hoon's directorial debut Rough Cut, in which he played a thug who dreams of becoming an actor. Because of the film's low budget, So and costar Kang Ji-hwan decided to invest their fees back into the movie, and were credited as producers. So's performance was well received by audiences and critics, and the film became a surprise box office hit.

In 2009 he attempted to break into the Japanese and Chinese markets and the results were I'm a ghost which was a 24 5-min episodes and the movie Sophie's revenge. "I wanted to do a bright and cheery role because I've played so many sad and gloomy ones." He acted in drama Cain and Abel the same year.

In 2010 he headlined the big-budget Korean War epic Road No along side Kim Haneul.

He published his first photo essay (The journey of So Ji Sub) about his travels during the summer of 2010. The book includes his encounters with various people such as rapper Tiger JK, novelist Lee Oi-soo, cartoonist Park Jae-dong, artists dusicnddilddil and Korea's youngest bird researcher Jung Da-mi. The book was a big success in Korea.  He was subsequently named the goodwill ambassador of Gangwon Province in an effort to boost tourism there and a 51 km-long trail in the province was named "So Ji-sub Road," which was unveiled to the public on May 20, 2012. He is the first Korean actor to have an entire road named after him.

A professed longtime hip-hop lover, he rapped for two original tracks – Lonely Life and Foolish Love – under the artist pseudonym "G" or "G-Sonic" for the Rough Cut and Cain and Abel soundtracks, respectively. In 2011 he released another digital single Pick Up Line under his own name. Two teaser videos were released, the first one described as a comedic version that featured guest stars Jung Joon-ha (who is a close friend of So's) and Kim Byung-man (whom So named as one of his favorite comedians). The single, along with the music video itself, was released on February 17, 2011, but recorded low sales. 

During 2011 to 2013 he played two other movies "Always" With Hanhyo Joo and A company man. His second photo essay which covers 150 days of filming the movie Always was published in 2012. He published his magazine called SONICe in the same year. Ghost in 2012 was his next drama project which was a mild-hit. 

He experienced his first romantic-comedy role in drama The master's sun which was a mega hit and proved his popularity and acting ability once more. 

Name : So Ji Sub
Nick Name : So Ganzi
Hangul: 소지섭
Date of birth : 1977. Nov. 4
The place of birth : Seoul
School : Kwangsung middle school - Kwangsung high school - Korea National Sport University 
ChungWoon University majored Acting.
Horoscope : Scorpio
Height : 182
Blood type : O
Interest : All kinds of sports
Specialty : Swimming (Medalist on National athletic meet)
Agency: 51k

Dramas:
large.gif

Movies:

Awards:
  • 2015 KBS Drama Awards : Top Excellence Award Actor (Oh My Venus)
  • 2015 KBS Drama Awards : Best Couple Award  with Shin Min Ah (Oh My Venus)
  • 2013 SBS Drama Awards: Top Excellence Award for mini series, Actor (The master's sun)
  • 2013 SBS Drama Awards: Top 10 Stars Award (The master's sun)

Music videos

So-Ji-Sub-So-Ganzi.jpg
Sojisub in So Ganzi ( Black ) - 2015

1997 Good Bye Yesterday - Turbo [ video ]

1999   For You Ryu Chan [video]

2001 The End Lee Hyun-woo [video]

2001 Beautiful days Jang Hye jin [video]

2005 Mr. flower Jo Sungmo [video]

2008 Lonely life G [video]

2010 Smiling goodbyes Soya n Sun [video]

2010 Take Seo Inguk [video]

2011 Pick up line Ft. Shinji [video]

2012 Some kind of story  Ft. Hugak and Mellow [video]

2013 Picnic ft Younha [video]

2013 6PM-Ground [video]

2014 18 Years [ video ]

2015 So Ganzi White Feat Soul Dive & Newday [ video ]

2015 So Ganzi Black Feat Soul Dive & Newdayvideo ]

2015 Baby 콜라병  Feat Soul Dive Prod. DJ Juice [ video ]

So-Ji-Sub-18-years-gif.gif

Discography:

고독한 인생 (Lonely Life)
  • Single
  • Artist: G
  • Released: August 13, 2008
  • Label: Kingpin Entertainment
미련한 사랑 (Foolish Love)
미련한 사랑 (Foolish Love) Drama Ver.
추억소리 (The Sound Of Memory)
Pick Up Line
  • Single
  • Artist: So Ji-sub
  • Released: February 17, 2011
  • Label: CJ E&M
북쪽왕관자리 ( Corona Borealis )
  • EP
  • Released: March 13, 2012
  • Label: 51K & CJ E&M
6시...운동장 (6PM...Ground)
  • EP
  • Released: January 23, 2013

18 Years

• EP
  • Released: June 24, 2014

소지섭 - So Ganzi

• Artist : So Ji Sub (소지섭)
  • Album : So Ganzi
  • Genre : Rap / Hip-hop
  • Release Date : 2015-07-22
  • Language : Korean

Tracklist :

1. 01. So Ganzi (Black) (feat. Soul Dive, Newday) (Prod. DJ Juice)
  2. 02. So Ganzi (White) (feat. Soul Dive, Newday) (Prod. DJ Juice) 

콜라병 BABY - Single

• Artist : So Ji Sub (소지섭) feat Soul Dive (prod. DJ Juice)
  • Single
  • Genre : Rap / Hip-hop
  • Release Date : 2015-08-10
  • Language : Korean

MyWayBook2010_2.png

One of Sojisub's Book "My Way" crd : Leena SJS

Book : 

2010 Photo Essay "So Ji Sub's way."

2011 Photo Essay <Only thy SJS> So Ji-sub has directly written down more than 150 days of photo essays reality from his movie making "Only You" aka "Always"

2012 So Ji Sub released his own magazine SONICe 

2015 So Ji Sub released Photo Essay "Ji Sub Day by Day" 7 years recording SJS

10744277_733590023392540_905178794_o.jpg

Sojisub's Office "51K" crd Jane Hsu

Official website: http://sojisub.com/
Email 51K : info@51k.co.kr

How to join 51k here

So Jisub is going to release his new hip hop album in the end of June 2014.

on June 24 his new album "18 years" was released containing three wonderful tracks "18 years", "Boy go", "Fantasy girl".

His first Asia tour began on June 28 with TW fanmeeting and will be continued till August 29.

References: 
Wikipedia.org. 
Asianwiki.com.
Dramawiki.com. 
Dramafever.com. 
Hancinema.com. 
Youtube.com. 
Star column/So Ji Sub

graphics-flowers-531763.gif
  • Like 7

Guest Dahee Fanel

Ah, the new So Ji Sub thread. A fresh start.

What page were we at before? 685? And all those beautiful pictures and links...

Anyway, in the meantime, here's some very important links:

Saturn's Clubbox for all things So Ji Sub:

http://clubbox.co.kr/youngsosa

Saturn's Resource Pool (thank GOD this is around...it contains all the info that she posted on the old thread):

http://nbbs.naver.com/nmulti/list.php?board_id=sannycho_0

Saturn's "I'm Sorry, I Love You" page:

http://myhome.naver.com/sannycho

Saturn's "My First" MV Page:

http://myhome.naver.com/sannycho/myfirst/myfirst.htm

The Hotelier2002 First So Ji Sub thread, which contains pretty much the same stuff that was on the old thread here...However, this, too, will be deleted in a month's time, SO SAVE WHILE YOU CAN:

http://www.hotelier2002.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2538

The Hotelier2002 Second So Ji Sub thread:

http://www.hotelier2002.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3104

Prisci's xanga, which contains lots of info and translations:

http://www.xanga.com/contentlatest.asp?tab...s&user=Prisci4U

I won't bother putting his official website or anything, since I'm sure 9ucci will handle that. ^^;; Am I already overstepping my boundaries...?

Aja aja everyone!

Guest thunderbolt

I was hoping Saturn would start this thread. But thanks for doing it. I like how you described him as "Sexy sexy sexy and a great actor" Right on the spot!!

Here's SJS's bio compiled by Saturn in the old thread. Can you put it up in the first post? I will delete it once you've done it. Thanks!!

Edit: Bio deleted. Thanks, 9ucci.

Guest thunderbolt

Wow, should've left it to saturn then huh? :D

Don't worry about it. :) To be honest, I would have loved to start the thread too. You beat me to it, hehe...

WHIB gifs:

Baligif3.gif

Baligif5.gif

Baligif4.gif

*faint*

Cafe30.jpg

(credit: uploaded by thunderbolt)

Best Actor, 2005 Baeksang Acting Awards

SJS285.jpg

From Gifts Photo Album

SJS403.jpg

(credit: cafe.daum.net/sojs; uploaded by thunder)

Guest thunderbolt

SJS140.jpg

SJS417.jpg

SJS100.jpg

SJS101.jpg

SJS420.jpg

(credit: cafe.daum.net/sojs; uploaded by thunder)

lol this is gonna sound really stupid.. but thunder.. how do i quote the quote that u quoted? :D

If you go to my post and click 'Reply', you should be able to get the entire post (I think) in your text post. Then just cut and paste it into your first post. I hope that will work.

Guest sonickim

Hi all So Ji Sup fans!!!and all my friends.....

yeah, i have to agree with all of you now.... at least soompi is back! hopefully its all for the best!!!

smilesjs.jpg

Guest Bioblue

Lovely ladies of So Ji Sub..he sure is Sexy Sexy...his pIxs looks soo Sexy Sexy ..I am soo joyful that our Great Soompi is Back...New Start and You know it's going to Be The Best nO matter What!! Hellos to Sonickim...!! :D