So Ji Sub 소지섭 - Best Korean Actor & Rapper -

sojisubaddicted

11 K-Dramas To Boost Your Mood When You’re Feeling Down

Everyone needs a little bit of a mood booster once in awhile…or maybe all the time. If that mood booster comes in the form of a K-drama series, then that makes it all the better because the world of K-dramas is pretty endless. There are many dramas out there that are bound to put a smile on your face and make you feel all good inside. Here are just 11 of the many! (If you’re looking for some comforting K-dramas, make sure you check out this list here.)

List is in no particular order.

7. “Oh My Venus

oh-my-venus1.jpg

Kim Young Ho (So Ji Sub) is a personal trainer who meets a lawyer by the name of Kang Joo Eun (Shin Min Ah).

The two form an unlikely relationship as Young Ho becomes her personal trainer. Joo Eun is striving to lose a lot of weight and to improve her overall health, which Young Ho is determined to do. The two get to know each other very well and begin to realize their feelings for each other.

There’s nothing better than seeing a makeover themed K-drama. Everyone loves seeing a drastic transformation in a character, and this particular series does it well. Kang Joo Eun struggles with her weight and wants to gain more self-confidence, which is what she works hard to do. Seeing this character go through this journey is inspiring, and it might even motivate you to exercise and eat healthy. Maybe.

This series also happens to have one of the most romantic proposals ever!

oh-my-venus.gif

You can watch “Oh My Venus” now:

Watch Now

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : soompi news

• Like 1

Which Korean actors started out as hunky models?

20201005_koreanmodel_0.jpg?itok=NODxCrAn

Ever notice how impossibly attractive Korean drama actors are? Whether it’s their chiselled looks or towering heights, the actors remind you of the models that walk down the runways during Fashion Week.

And as it turns out, a good number of them dabbled in modelling before starting their acting careers.

Check out some of the hottest actors who successfully walked from the runway and into our screens.

Crushing on the guys of Record of Youth? These Korean actors also started out as models

So Ji-sub

120818038_2970920149676658_1098381814710

So Ji-sub made his debut in 1995 after winning a model contest sponsored by STORM jeans brand and became a model for the brand alongside Song Seung-heon.

Apparently, So Ji-sub got his first acting role by visiting Song Seung-heon on the set of Three Guys and Three Girls and catching the attention of the director.

When he began his acting career, So Ji-sub portrayed cheerful characters but started getting roles of handsome and sexy characters thanks to his physique.

Likewise, his earlier projects tended to be heavy melodramas like I’m Sorry, I Love You and Cain and Abel. However, he’s also well-known for rom-coms like The Master’s Sun and Oh My Venus.

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : Asiaone

https://www.asiaone.com/entertainment/which-korean-actors-started-out-hunky-models

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• 2 weeks later...

*** "Confession" will center its story on a murder case suspect and his lawyer as they try to unveil the truth behind the mysterious murder case. In this film, actor So Ji Sub will portray as the lead character named Yoo Min Ho. He is the president of a rising IT company, but he became the number one suspect of a murder case. The premiere date of the upcoming movie has not been set yet and I'm very excited for this film.  :blush:

*********************************************************************************************

Catch the new trailer with English subtitles of "Confession"

credit video: Kdramastars

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

*** HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Oppa! :heart:

It was SJS's special day yesterday, November 4. He celebrated his 44th birthday in Lunar calendar. His agency 51K posted this lovely photo of So Ji Sub on its official Instagram yesterday, along with a sweet message, “Happy Birthday So Ji Sub. Today is your day. Happy birthday.”  :blush:

388102_491086_3855.jpg

https://www.instagram.com/p/CHIgK8fM09z/?utm_source=ig_embed

source : http://www.spotvnews.co.kr/?mod=news&act=articleView&idxno=388102

• Like 2
  • Love 1

#Throwback: The Unforgettable Manila Fan Meets Of Our Favorite K-Drama Stars

We can’t wait to see them again!

As fans, our ultimate goal is to see our idols in person, and fan meets allow us to fulfill this dream. But with our current situation, I guess that dream will have to take a backseat. On the bright side, we can always hope for the day when we can see them in the flesh again—so let’s take this time to do some serious ~*iponing*~ muna!

While we look forward to our next fan meet, let’s reminisce about the K-drama celebs who have been to Manila to meet their Filipino fans! Here’s a list to inspire you, complete with fan cams. Enjoy!

6. So Ji Subs Hello, Manila Fan Meeting

Date: March 16, 2019

Hello from this side, So Ji Sub oppa! The actor’s last stop for his Asia Tour was in Manila and the New Frontier theater was filled to the brim with fans!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CFJXcKPjuyf/?utm_source=ig_embed

Okay, I have been smiling like an idiot for a good five minutes after watching him sing iKon’s “Love Scenario” with Soul Dive.

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : https://www.cosmo.ph/entertainment/korean-drama-celebrities-manila-fan-meetings-a4575-20201108-lfrm2?ref=home_feed_1

• 3 weeks later...

Actor So Ji-seob to narrate VR moonlit tour of Changdeok Palace

Actor So Ji-seob [51K]

Actor So Ji-seob [51K]

Actor So Ji-seob will take on the role of a narrator to explain the history of Changdeok Palace.

One of Korea's most popular tour programs since its launch in 2009, Moonlight Tour at Changdeok Palace is being moved online due to the coronavirus.

Two-hundred tickets will be made available for the tour that will be recreated with the VR technology and will feature So's voice detailing the palace's history as well as telling stories about the landmark. Traditional Korean music performances will also be available.

Tickets for the VR experience will be released on goongon.or.kr on Friday at 2 p.m.

BY LEE SUN-MIN   [summerlee@joongang.co.kr]

credit : JoongAngDaily

• Like 1

Memorable K-Drama Roles That Hailed These Celebs as 'Best Actor' and 'Best Actress'

These K-Drama actors and actresses' roles are all well-loved! 

Numerous Korean artists are truly gifted with outstanding acting skills and talents, which are among the reasons why they can capture any viewer's heart in an instant. 

Though every actor is doing their best when working on a drama project, the top and most prestigious awards ceremony in South Korea, "Baeksang Arts Awards," only recognized the following artists for their excellent and perfect character digestion, and due to this, they were also able to bring home the most-coveted "Best Actor" and "Best Actress" trophies! 

These actors and actresses won "Best Actor" and "Best Actress" for these roles.

4. So Ji Sub as Cha Moo Hyuk  (I'm Sorry, I Love You)

Memorable Kdrama Celebs' Roles That Hailed Them as 'Best Actor' and 'Best Actress'
(Photo : So Ji Sub in "I'm Sorry, I Love You")

So Ji Sub indeed received numerous recognitions after playing Cha Moo Hyuk in 2004, a thug who turned into a show business manager to revenge on her mother who abandoned him. 

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : Kdramastars

https://www.kdramastars.com/articles/119403/20201203/memorable-k-drama-roles-hailed-celebs-best-actor-actress.htm

• 3 weeks later...

First Of January Is Coming … Here’s All The Korean Celebrity Dating Scandals Dispatch Has Ever Released

Who will be next?

As it has become tradition for media outlet Dispatch to reveal Korean celebrity dating scandals every New Year’s Day, here’s a list of all the scandals they’ve revealed up to now, as we count down to the new year.

24. So Ji Sub and Jo Eun Jung (2019)

(skipped unrelated......)

source : https://pann.nate.com/talk/356269053

• 2 weeks later...

Netizens discuss why these actors are likely candidates to work with Song Hye Kyo in Kim Eun Sook's new drama

1609827231-20210104-kimeunsook.jpg

Earlier today, it was confirmed that star drama scriptwriter Kim Eun Sook is working on a new project this year! Furthermore, the writer has confirmed that she will be working with actress Song Hye Kyo again for the first time in 5 years since 'Descendants of the Sun', causing a major stir among drama fans already even though no further details (i.e. the drama's genre, storyline, etc) have been revealed!

Now, drama lovers have come together for a round of 'Drama Produce 101' to try and guess who might be cast as the male lead of Kim Eun Sook's newest work!

It's no question that the star scriptwriter is known to work with actors and actresses multiple times across different projects. This was the case with her most recent production, SBS's 'The King: Eternal Monarch', where she re-cast Lee Min Ho ('Heirs', 2013) and Kim Go Eun ('Goblin', 2016) as her story leads. 

So who are some of the stars most likely to be cast/re-cast this time in Kim Eun Sook's brand new drama, opposite Song Hye Kyo? Here are the nominees!

4. So Ji Sub

(So Ji Sub has actually never worked with scriptwriter Kim Eun Sook. However, he has highly been considered fans' #1 choice for each of Kim Eun Sook's new projects in the past several years, and so his name has made this list once again this year!)

1609827262-20180221-sojisub.jpg

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : allkpop

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2021/01/netizens-discuss-why-these-actors-are-likely-candidates-to-work-with-song-hye-kyo-in-kim-eun-sooks-new-drama

• Like 1

5 Lessons Learned From K-Dramas That Tackle The Topic Of Physical Beauty

Stories about physical beauty are not new in K-dramas. Handsome sons and beautiful daughters from well-heeled chaebol families are the norm, while characters coming from a lower economic status may appear less conspicuously attractive but charming nonetheless. Even more common is the plotline where the less attractive character experiences difficulties in making friends, advancing their careers, or finding trustworthy relationships because of their looks. Makeovers and transformations are often in the repertoire, which in turn, boost the confidence and empower the characters. Sometimes, in fact, the looks of the main leads are what drive the story forward.

Arguably, K-dramas that subtly or overtly discuss Korean standards of beauty may have the possibility of affecting the viewers’ perceptions of beauty. This is why it is important to watch these K-dramas with proper understanding, guidance, and viewer discretion. K-dramas still have a long way to go before achieving an open conversation, well-researched, and thoughtful storytelling about the topic of beauty.

But there are dramas, however, which reveal that in the end, there’s more to beauty than meets the eye. They discuss important lessons that need to be learned when it comes to body positivity even with some clumsy, flawed executions.

Note: The term “overweight” used here is not based on BMI or scientifically proven health charts. It simply pertains to what K-dramas consider as “overweight.” The term used is not meant to cause offense to readers. Some plot descriptions may contain spoilers.

Oh My Venus” & “True Beauty”: You can achieve beauty in your own way.

Kang Joo Eun (Shin Min Ah) is a woman in her 30’s who has achieved a lot in her age: a great career as a lawyer and a stable relationship. But despite this, she still does not get the respect she deserves as people around her always give her the side-eye because of her weight. Her boyfriend eventually dumps her, leaving her self-esteem at an all-time low. That’s when she decides to take matters into her own hands and train under Kim Yeong Ho (So Ji Sub), a celebrity trainer who will help her reach her fitness and love goals. This drama shows the hard work, dedication, and time that the main lead takes to achieve a physical transformation. It isn’t just an “instant fix” like how other dramas used to show. While she is on her fitness journey, she also experiences changes along the way: she finds new friendships, self-confidence, and the love of her life.

oh-my-venus.jpg

shin-min-ah.gif

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : soompi news

• Like 1

15 Uncommon Korean Movie Recommendations

Evidently, Korea has a lot of depressing and wild films.

Many Korean movie recommendations have been said over the years, especially after Parasite won Best Picture. But what if you’ve already seen Parasite? What if you’ve already seen Train to Busan? Along with the Gods? My Sassy Girl? You’re done with “classics”. You want something else.

Well, you’ve come to the right place. These are great movies that are probably classics to someone, but the average/casual viewer may not have heard of them. Below are the 15 movies that are still quite popular and well-done but hardly ever recommended by other websites, friends, etc.

11. Always

64kGqqn7hmr_vd4ttMIo3glzL302lbsU_zq2sNsZ8cQ1Jz1KDWnVA6dmuYGhFtPRJiKOUk8nYJM-yxz1cIvZEJDIwhvRwDF1I7OF-y3aIvH46Q=w32-fSoften=1,100,0-rp-e365 | IMDb

Former boxer Chul Min (So Ji Sub) starts a new job as a parking lot attendant to change his life around.

One night, a visually impaired young woman, Jung Hwa (Han Hyo Joo), walks into his booth to watch TV with him. Jung Hwa’s bright spirit and smile warmed Chul Min’s cold heart but their love and happiness may be short-lived.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : Koreaboo

https://www.koreaboo.com/lists/15-uncommon-korean-movie-recommendations/

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

*** There's a report that SJS might be making his comeback to the small screen this year. An official from  his agency 51K shared that he is positively reviewing the offer he received from Netflix. It's been quite a long while since his last drama. Jung Woo is reported to have been offered the other male lead. :rubchin:

source : https://entertain.v.daum.net/v/20210224142829680

• Like 1

https://koreajoongangdaily.joins.com/2021/02/24/entertainment/television/So-Jisub-Exemplary-Family-netflix/20210224174706731.html

Actor So Ji-sub to star in upcoming Netflix series

February 24, 2021

Actor So Ji-sub [51K]

Actor So Ji-sub will star in upcoming Netflix series “Exemplary Family” (translated), a production official told Ilgan Sports, an affiliate of the Korea JoongAng Daily, on Wednesday.

This marks So’s first project with the streaming platform.

So will portray a heartless and intelligent second-in-command of a drug cartel. While hunting down cartel members that vanished with money, his character crosses paths with a bankrupt family. They join forces to stand up against the drug cartel and thereby realize the meaning of family.

The actor is currently filming upcoming movies “Confession” and “Alien” and will join the production of “Exemplary Family” when he finishes shooting the two films.  

The series will be directed by Kim Jin-woo, who also directed the upcoming Netflix series "Love Alarm" season 2.

So originally debuted as a model in 1995 and as an actor in 1998 via the MBC series “Three Guys and Three Girls.” He is best known for his roles in popular TV series “What Happened in Bali“ (2004), “I'm Sorry, I Love You” (2004), “Phantom” (2012) and “Master's Sun” (2013), as well as the 2008 film “Rough Cut.” He also has a hip-hop career on the side.

BY HALEY YANG   [yang.hyunjoo@joongang.co.kr]

• Like 1

*** I'm excited to see So Ji Sub again on the small screen.  :ohboy2:

**************************************************************************************

So Ji Sub is Courted to Star in the Newest Netflix Series ‘Exemplary Family’

so-ji-sub.png?w=900

"The Master's Sun" actor So Ji Sub will finally have his return on the small screen!

So Ji Sub To Possibly Star in Netflix New Series "Exemplary Family"

Good news to all the Kdrama fans out there! On Feb 24, Wednesday, according to So Ji Sub's home agency 51K Official "Our artist, So Ji Sub, has been offered to be part of Netflix series 'Exemplary Family.' He is currently reviewing the script and the offer positively."

Meanwhile, on the same day after the announcement, actress Yoon Jin Seo who starred in the dramas "The Royal Gambler" and "A Girl Who Sees Smells" is also in talks to be part of the lead cast and said to be the last artist to complete the lineup alongside actor Jung Woo.

The upcoming Netflix series "Exemplary Family" will depict the story of an ordinary family who is on the edge of bankruptcy and gets involved in a bloody drug syndicate. The director of "If You Like It 2," Kim Jin Woo, will helm the drama. Further details regarding the said series are yet to be announced to the public.

If the "Oh My Venus" actor is accepting the drama project, "Exemplary Family" will mark as So Ji Sub's first-ever drama after three years of being on a hiatus.

So Ji Sub's Much-Awaited Comeback

So Ji Sub is also expected to have a comeback on the silver screen with the movie "Alien." The 43-year-old actor has been out of the spotlight for a while. And now that he is preparing for more projects, his fans can't hide their excitement because they will be about to watch their favorite actor again in a new drama and movie.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B80QsjGhjwW/?utm_source=ig_embed

His return on the K-drama scene is one of the much-awaited comebacks that most of the Korean drama viewers want. Some of his popular dramas are "The Master's Sun" alongside actress Kong Hyo Jin. So Ji Sub played the character of Joo Joong Won, an arrogant and charismatic president of a luxurious mall named Kingdom. This drama received lots of good feedback from the audience for having a unique plot and, of course, the natural on-screen chemistry that Ji Sub and Hyo Jin has.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B-EEURNpw7H/?utm_source=ig_embed

His romantic-comedy drama with actress Shin Min Ah "Oh My Venus" last 2016 was also one of his projects loved by many. This 2021, after almost three years of hiatus, prominent actor So Ji Sub will finally be active again in the entertainment industry.

source : Kdramastars

https://www.kdramastars.com/articles/119948/20210224/so-ji-sub-is-courted-to-star-in-the-newest-netflix-series-exemplary-family.htm

So Ji-sub Considers Netflix's "Exemplary Family"

photo1306527.jpg

Actor So Ji-sub is considering the Netflix Original "Exemplary Family".

So Ji-sub's agency announced on the 24th that So Ji-sub is considering casting in the Netflix Original "Exemplary Family". If he confirms, this will be his first drama in 3 years since "Terius Behind Me".

"Exemplary Family" depicts what happens when an ordinary family on the verge of collapse is involved in a bloody drug ring. News of Jung Woo's appearance was reported earlier, drawing attention.

"Exemplary Family" is helmed by director Kim Jin-woo-II.

Meanwhile, So Ji-sub is currently making the movie "Alien" and is looking forward to the release of the film "Confession - 2020" with Kim Yunjin.

source : http://www.spotvnews.co.kr/?mod=news&act=articleView&idxno=406315

Translated : Hancinema

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/25/2021 at 2:45 PM, salad71 said:

I am excited about this news since he has been so out of actions for a long period of time. Really missed him a lot. Meanwhile, chingus stay safe during these trying times. Let's hope this pandemic will be under controlled. 

@salad71, if he'll accept this, So Ji Sub will be playing the second-in-command of the drug ring. Aside from Jung Woo, Yoon Jin Seo is also in talks to star in the series. So Ji Sub is currently filming the movie 'The Alien'. Yes, we miss him - it's been quite a while since his last drama.  :grin:

So Ji Sub is also on the Korean 200 Actors Campaign. Website to launch on March 15. 20 actors release online every week

Dedicated Website KOREAN ACTORS 200 to Launch on March 15

Discover the emblematic faces of Korean films, from global stars to renowned personality actors

20210309151530f0d5836a-8218-4226-bddb-eda5cd37ee01.jpg

The KOREAN ACTORS 200 website, which will be accessible from March 15, aims to introduce the 200 actors that best represent the present and future of Korean cinema to people in the film industry all over the world. The selection process considered performers who starred in some of the biggest successes of the last decade, actors who earned accolades from film festivals in Korea or abroad, as well as the biggest contributors to indie film or those who participated in international projects. The actors who make up the final list include stars who are already active on the world stage as well as actors who have built a solid reputation in the Korean film industry but have yet to enjoy wider recognition.

Among the actors on the list are YOUN Yuh-jung and HAN Ye-ri, who recently came under the international spotlight with Minari; actors who have established themselves as Asian stars like KIM Soo-hyunSO Ji-subSON Ye-jinSONG Joong-kiLIM Yoon-a, and HYUN Bin; actors who are widely known for their acting credentials like KIM Seo-hyungKWAK Do-wonMOON So-ri, and CHO Jin-woong; and young actors who will shape the future of Korean cinema-like KIM Da-miRYU Jun-yeolE som, and JUNG Hae-in,The 200 actors will be released every week starting March 15 (Monday) on a special online web page for 20 actors will be released every week. The complete list will be revealed on March 15 through a dedicated website. This website will contain detailed bios for each actor accompanied by portrait photographs and showreels.

The photographs were taken by two prominent Korean photographers, KIM Jung-man and AHN Sung-jin. KIM is a Korean photographer with an international career spanning four decades and known for many photography projects, and who won the Young Photographer Award from the Rencontres d’Arles photography festival in France in 1977. AHN is an eminent Korean celebrity photographer who has been working with a large number of stars for the past 30 years after starting in advertisement photography in 1992. A catalogue featuring all these carefully composed pictures is scheduled to be published soon under the title THE ACTOR IS PRESENT and will be distributed to representatives of film companies and organizations around the world.

More details on this campaign, which has been initiated to increase the global awareness of Korean actors and to expand their opportunities overseas, can be found on the dedicated website accessible through KOFIC website (www.kobiz.or.kr) from March 15th.

http://www.koreanfilm.or.kr/eng/news/kofic_news.jsp?pageIndex=1&blbdComCd=601007&seq=1800&mode=VIEW&returnUrl=&searchKeyword=

• 2 weeks later...

*** I guess after much consideration, So Ji Sub has decided not to appear on Netflix’s Model Family. He decided not to appear due to his other various schedules. Currently, he has finished filming a new film "Alien" and is said to be looking for a new film to work on next. Hmmm..............it seems like he loves to do movies than dramas, huh? He is also set to release his first thriller film, "Confession". :spitswater:

topstarnews.jpeg

source : https://entertain.v.daum.net/v/20210315132037054