So Ji Sub 소지섭 - Best Korean Actor & Rapper -

sojisubaddicted

So Ji Sub To Strike The Most Memorable “Hello” To Philippine Fans In March

20190115_202540.jpg?resize=660,400&ssl=1

So Ji Sub will swing by at Manila for a sweet HELLO!

On January 15, Pulp Live World unveiled details about the So Ji Sub Hello, Manila Asia Tour through its social media channels.

SJS.jpg?w=550&ssl=1

Fans can finally meet the handsome actor on March 16, 2019 at The New Frontier Theater. Tickets will be on sale starting February 3, 2019 at 12 noon via Ticketnet website and outlet stores.

Ticket prices are as follows: *PHP VIP 7,500, Orchestra 5,500, Loge 3,500, Balcony 2,500.

SJS2.jpg?w=506&ssl=1

The event will also offer Pulp Royalty Packages.

The Photo Royalty package includes 1 Pulp Royalty Ticket, 1 Photo-Op pass, 1 Souvenir Card, and 1 Souvenir Poster.

Meanwhile, the Hi-Touch Royalty package will have 1 Pulp Royalty ticket, 1 Hi-Touch pass, 1 Souvenir Card and 1 Souvenir Poster.

Both packages are priced at PHP10,000 each. Additionally, lucky fans might chance upon signed souvenir poster that will be given in the royalty packages’ inclusion.

SJS3.jpg?resize=768,763&ssl=1

The handsome actor will kick off his So Ji Sub HELLO Asia Tour in Taipei on February 10. He will also meet his supporters in Japan through shows in Chiba on February 20 and 21 and in Kobe on February 23.

The tour will then head to Bangkok on March 2, in Jakarta on March 9, and in Hong Kong on March 10. He will then cap off his tour in Manila on March 16.

Fans can purchase tickets at all Ticketnet outlets or on the website www.ticketnet.com.ph.

So Ji Sub Hello, Manila Asia Tour is brought to fans by 5K, Live Nation Korea and PULP Live World.

Visit PULP Live World for updates regarding the fan meeting.

source : HelloKpop

• Like 2

10 K-Dramas With The “Rich/Poor” Trope That Are Actually Good

Ah, the epic “rich/poor” trope in K-drama land is just one part of the formula for an entertaining and dramatic series. It’s a trope that is pretty predictable, yet we can’t help but get sucked into it. There are obviously times when dramas fail to impress and we’re left with just a cliche K-drama that lacks depth, but I’m here to reveal some K-dramas that have this popular trope and are actually pretty good. Here’s a look at 10:

Master’s Sun

masters-sun.jpg

When it comes to the Hong sisters’ script, it’s pretty much guaranteed to be good. And on top of that, when you have So Ji Sub and Gong Hyo Jin as the stars, it’s like icing on top of the cake. In “Master’s Sun,” So Ji Sub stars as Joo Joong Won, the CEO of a shopping center who is being followed by a woman named Tae Gong Sil. Gong Sil can see ghosts, but for some reason when she’s near Joong Won, the ghosts seem to leave her alone. Cue this unconventional and unique story of a rich heir and the woman he hires to work at his company (not willingly, of course).

This drama is unique in genre as it’s not only a rom-com but it also has a bit of the thriller/horror factor in it, too! I found myself getting a bit scared in the first few episodes, but the funny antics of Gong Hyo Jin’s character provided a good balance and helped me to get through it. Although it has the cliche trope of the rich CEO and poor girl who can’t seem to catch a break, the two main leads have amazing chemistry and it really makes you want to root for the couple until the end. Their story was able to captivate and send me on an emotional rollercoaster. I couldn’t ask for more!

masters-sun.gif

Start watching “Master’s Sun”:

Watch Now

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : soompi news

*** Well, who wouldn't? SJS is just awesome! If I were in her shoes, I'd be in the same state as she was! Although, I'm not so familiar with her.  :lol:

Lee Yoo Ri Explains Why She Was Distracted By So Ji Sub During Her Award Acceptance Speech

cda6108215b646ff8589aced83804cf3.jpeg?s=

Lee Yoo Ri spoke about fangirling over So Ji Sub on MBC’s “Section TV.”

The actress sat down for an interview on the January 21 broadcast of the weekly entertainment news show.

Interviewer Park Seul Gi brought up Lee Yoo Ri receiving the Top Excellence Award for an Actress in a Weekend Drama for her performance in “Hide and Seek” at the 2018 MBC Drama Awards as well as the actress’s selfie with So Ji Sub at the event.

After revealing that she’s a fan of So Ji Sub, Lee Yoo Ri said, “I had only seen him on TV since I was young. I saw him on ‘Something Happened in Bali’ and liked him starting then. I received the award and he was in front of me.”

Lee-Yoo-Ri-So-Ji-Sub1.jpg

She explained that she kept looking down at him throughout her speech. “It was my first time seeing him,” continued Lee Yoo Ri. “I was so happy. I took my cell phone and quietly asked him, ‘I’m sorry but can we take a photo?’ He took the photo himself, but So Ji Sub’s face came out bigger than mine. I would’ve chosen another one if I had two or three photos, but I only had one photo.”

The interviewer commented that So Ji Sub tends to always lean forward when taking photos and they both praised his consideration for others. On the kind of drama she would like to work on with So Ji Sub in the future, Lee Yoo Ri replied, “Any role. Yes. Any character.”

Lee-Yoo-Ri-So-Ji-Sub2.jpg

Lee Yoo Ri will star in the upcoming MBC drama “Spring Turns to Spring” that tells the story about two women with opposite personalities who switch bodies. This fantasy comedy drama will premiere on January 23 at 10 p.m. KST, and will be available on Viki!

• Like 1

*** It's a good fan service from SJS to meet his fans in seven Asian cities starting next month. (February)  After spending time with his fans at various events in Taipei, he will visit other cities like Chiba (Feb. 20-21), Kobe (Feb. 23), Bangkok (March 2), Jakarta (March 9), Hong Kong (March 10) and Manila (March 16). :lol:

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

For Your Viewing Pleasure: Chiaroscuro

Welcome back to another installment of For Your Viewing Pleasure, where we take time out of the week to curate a set of photos from the K-pop landscape.

Lighting is a key element of any photo. The interplay between light and shadow can be used to draw the viewer’s gaze to a focal point, to highlight distinct elements or create drama in a picture. In this selection of shots, we explore the use of chiaroscuro – the contrast between light and dark.

20190207_seoulbeats_So_JiSub.png

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : seoulbeats

on the move

20190309_1940116124831222434659540.jpg?w

So Ji Sub has been up and about for the last couple of months for fan meetings, mostly cloaked in dark hues as he navigates the airports. I probably wouldn’t recognise him covered up like that… save for those eyes if he isn’t wearing sunglasses. I would recognise those eyes anyhwere…

201902111915073510_1180566443487985659.j

201903081419263510_13878072150781156642.

2019021908391162020-540x9147795005892779

Spoiler

201902111921173510_12095818648097436681.

Photo credits as stated

source : https://breathlesssurvival.wordpress.com/2019/03/09/on-the-move/

Spoiler

5 Swag So Ji Sub Moments At “Hello Asia Tour” In Hong Kong

13-6-1068x601.jpg?resize=660,400&ssl=1

So Ji Sub threw in a complete fan meeting package in Hong Kong and we can’t get enough of it!

With a room packed of cheering crowd, “swag god” So Ji Sub gifted his fans with a meaningful time of their lives.

Embarking on his HELLO Asia Tour, the multi-hyphenated artist held a sweet stop in Hong Kong on March 10.

So Ji Sub in Hong Kong

Photo credit: kstarhk

Just like his recent role as a spy, So Ji Sub surprised the crowd with his boundless energy and talent. Savoring the frenzy that we are still riding from the event, we share you the best moments that would convince why you should head to attend his next fan meeting stop.

The “SO CANDID” Talk Segment

Warming up the stage, the man of the moment serenaded the elated audience with a Barry Manilow classic. His soothing vocals effortlessly induced the beaming face of his onsite followers.

After that, Korea’s heartthrob was joined by the host and interpreter to go casual with “You’ve Got Message” segment of the program.

So Ji Sub answered local fans’ queries about him.

For an energizing engagement, the actor donned his Terrius persona in another game where he draws ticket with seat numbers. Lucky fans picked got the chance to ask him questions.

So Ji Sub Hello Asia Tour Hong Kong

The “SO TALENTED” Actor

Settling the audience for the grand party he prepared, So was eager to make his fans stay on cloud nine with another performance.

Powering a sweet ballad with his rap arrangement, our thoughts were probably united at that moment — how an actor of his caliber is also blessed with an attractive singing and rap voices.

Taking a quick break, the fan meeting goers barely felt that their favorite man had left because of his entertaining interview video. He answered impromptu questions which was made adorable by his cute antics.

(Hellokpop)

Spoiler

The “SO ENGAGING” games with fans

Next up for the program was “All About So Ji Sub” where the actor was put to test to answer questions from his dramas. Getting it wrong meant punishment for the actor that would delight his fans. Out of all the punishment laid down, his fans looked forward to “good morning call” in Cantonese.

However, up to the very last question, it was not picked. Wanting to make his Hong Kong fans happy, he looked for it and ultimately obliged to the clamor of the audience to witness it.

From flexing his own drama memory, he went on to entertain the fans with another adorable game. Blindfolded, he was asked to guess the object inside a box by putting his hand inside. Through the crowd’s coaching, he was able to guess it correctly.

(Hellokpop)

The “SO PRICELESS” fan moment

Not wanting to come empty-handed in greeting his fans, the actor-rapper brought a gift for the lucky fan; a signed polaroid selfie of him and a gold necklace which he was also wearing. Imagine how many ladies were praying for that moment to have a “couple necklace” from their dream oppa. In a twist of cute fate, he picked an ajussi around 50’s. That caused him to laugh as the fans sighed in protest, but laughed inevitably at what happened.

Invited to the stage, the lucky winner introduced himself that he was there to accompany his wife. Touched by the winner’s confession of how he is supportive of his wife’s fan girl dream, So Ji Sub asked his wife to join her husband on the stage.

Asking permission from ajussi first, he put the necklace on ajussi’s wife. They both get a hug from the actor. And what’s funny was that the ahjusshi hugged So tighter and longer than his wife. That stirred the audience to uncontrollable laughter.

(Hellokpop)

The “SO ENERGIZING” Party

From settling fans with the talk portion and prepared games, the highlight of the night was So Ji Sub’s astounding mini concert.

And we swear, we were never prepared for a stress busting party with him. Summoning his special guests Soul Dive, they brought the house down with amazing performances that included “So Ganzi” and “So Love”.

We wished the night wouldn’t end because we felt so alive in the fan meeting.

So Ji Sub sent home his fans one by one with high fives; gratifying happy to have personally engaged with them.

Boasting a lively program flow that complemented So Ji Sub’s endearing attitude and variety of talents, fans got their time and effort’s worth by meeting their cherished actor.

2019 So Ji Sub HELLO Asia Tour In Hong Kong is brought to fans by 51M, Applewood Korea and Moonraker HK.

source : Hellokpop

The Sweetest Highs & Hellos Shared Only At “So Ji Sub In Manila” Fan Meeting

So-Ji-Sub.jpeg?resize=660,400&ssl=1

Splurging on saccharine and surreal moments, the 2019 So Ji Sub HELLO Asia Tour in Manila celebrated unwavering fan girl spirit.

Swag and classy! Befitting of his top star status, So Ji Sub threw in a lavish party for his Philippine fans who were excited to meet him up close for the first time on March 16.

So Ji Sub

(Photo By: Richard Esguerra)

It was a “mission accomplished” moment for all the fans who finally saw their favorite actor in person, after following him in over 10 films and 25 drama series. Knowing to give nothing but the best fan service, the actor made sure to gift his supporters an exclusive chance to see him in the most candid way.

Stripped of his elusive public persona, So Ji Sub casually engaged with the crowd, with genuine smiles that made us acknowledge how he is the “coolest oppa” ever.

Reeling with happiness from the aftermath of So Ji Sub in Manila is expected. For those who missed the chance to see him, we will take you back to its ganziest highlights. And yes, you are all welcome.

Can’t smile without So Ji Sub

Emerging on the stage as soon as the lights dimmed, So Ji Sub greeted the audience with a soothing serenade of Barry Manilow’s “Can’t Smile Without You”. Garbed in white suit, his “first hello” in the country was met with deafening cheers and wide smiles from the fans.

Settling with the interpreter and host Kring Kim on stage, So Ji Sub formally greeted fans and revealed feeling nervous. He promised to create beautiful memories with the onsite fans.

Capping off his Asia tour in the Philippines, So Ji Sub answered wanting to enjoy the sun and to do some tanning when asked what he wants to do most in the country. He also shared how he chose “Hello” as the title of his tour because of its universal appeal. In his signature manly and knee-weakening voice, he said “Hello” to the audience who wildly greeted him back.

So Ji Sub

Oh My So Ji Sub!

Known for keeping a low key social media presence, So Ji Sub had a hard time picking among eating, sleeping and traveling since he enjoys doing all of it. Prying on his airport fashion when he arrived in the country, So responded how he does not follow fashion trend.

Instead, he wears comfy and loose clothing. Hat is an essential item completing his preferred look.

Immersing on the diverse culture as a Hallyu actor, So Ji Sub makes it a point not to eat Korean food when he visits his overseas fans.

Hence, he enjoyed the local food (liempo dish) prepared for him. Listening to the crowd’s food suggestions, he said “As long as it is meat, I am good.”

Going to the topic of his recent high-rated drama My Secret Terrius, So remarked how parents gained his respect taking care of their children. As they filmed with children cast members, he confessed that it was hard since he had to play with the children to keep up their mood up.

Between shooting action scenes and the famous eskimo kiss scene, So Ji Sub was challenged more in doing the combat scenes.

So ji Sub

Spoiler

Code Name Terrius

After warming up with his fans, So Ji Sub showed his counselling skill as he gave impromptu advice to selected fans who shared their problems. Not only did the artist wow us with his stunning visual, he also amazed us with his wisdom and sensibility.

For the first concern raised, So Ji Sub voiced out his opinion on overcoming quarter-life crisis.

“Even if I have been acting for 23 years I still have concerns. It’s normal, don’t be pressured. It’s fine. As long as you are sure of what you want to do.”

Sharing the sentiment of the second fan girl who cited her difficulty of finding an ideal man for her, So turned to a love coach with his realistic pep talk.

“Every person has an ideal type, but it is just parameter. I think to meet your ideal type is hard so the person you meet can become your ideal type eventually. Don’t think with your head. Feel with your heart. Find someone who loves you from the heart.”

Swept by his charm, So Ji Sub elevated the night, firing his eloquent raps at drop beats as he enthused the welcoming audience with his track “Picnic”.

51 Things About So Ji Sub

One notable thing on his fan meet was the well-conceived videos. Resting on a quick break, fans were entertained with a video of candid So Ji Sub answering trivial questions delightfully. For every wrong or unanswered question, he got penalties, wearing crazy fun hats and accessories.

Q1: Who are you?
A: I am actor So Ji Sub
Q2: Did you have your meal?
A: Yes, I already ate a while ago.
Q3: Which do you hate more, Work out or Diet?
A: Diet
Q4: What do you usually do on rest days?
A: Workout!
Q5: Where do you usually go on rest days?
A: Gym!
Q6: What do you bring with you other than your phone, wallet and key?
A: Then nothing <insert So Ji Sub giggles>
Q7: What game did you play recently?
A: Gun Game
Q8: What song did you listen to recently?
A: Failed to answer
Q9: What song do you sing when you go to noraebang (Karaoke bar)?
A: I don’t go to noraebang.
Q10: Why not?
A: thinking… failed to answer… penalty
Q11: Any drinking habits?
A: I just go home.
Q12: Can you show us your home?
A: Do I have to?
Q13: What tourist spot in Seoul do you recommend?
A: 51K office <laughed at his answer>
Q14: Top excellence award, did you frankly go for that award?
A: Not to be greedy… But I did anticipate it a little bit.
Q15: Who is more handsome, Yoo Seung Ho or So Ji Sub?
A: Seung Ho is handsome. But I am attractive <poker I-am-hot face, beams at his remark>
Q16: If you are a woman, would you date Yoo Seung Ho?
A: Why should I think about this? (Director’s comment: So Ji Sub thinking seriously)
Q17: What do you want to say to the young So Ji Sub?
A: Work hard and do your best
Q18: What is the role you are most attached to?
A: I think all actors have similar thoughts about this. Eventhough I have a particular character I am attached to, I am what I am right now. Because I have done all those previous works all characters are precious to me.
Q19: Which actress is beautiful in person?
A: Too many
Q20: Follow up question: Please choose only one.
A: As I told you, too many! <audience laughed>
Q21: Which type do you like most among the two: woman who cooks or woman who exercises
A: I think I like the one who exercises as a hobby
Q22: Which type do you like between the two: understanding woman or a woman with a lot of aegyo
A: Understanding person
Q23: A person I like or a person who likes me
A: failed to answer… said it was difficult
Q24: Pure woman or sexy woman
A: I think it’s better if they have both. (Director side comment: But we want to know)
A: Pure woman for now
Q25: Twice versus Red Velvet
A: For me Blackpink
Q26: Do you like skinship
A: Yes, I Do. <with conviction>
Q27: Were you betrayed by a woman before?
A: WHAT??! What do you mean by betrayed?
Q28: Is your love cell alive this 2019?
A: I am always alive.
Q29: Who do you think will get married later So Ji Sub or Song Seung Heon?
A: I think the older brother who is one year older should get married first?
Q30: Do you want to get married?
A: I still want to get married.
Q31: In your raps, what is your most favorite?
A: <rapper So Ji Sub dropped his head> I cannot answer.
Q32: What makes you happier? Rank No. 1 in a music chart or best selling book.
A: I think if I get no. 1 in a music chart would be good. Should I ask IU?
Q33: Thriller versus romantic comedy
A: Romantic comedy
Q34: Soybean versus kimchi stew
A: Soybean
Q35: Is there any threatening junior actor or actress?
A: None
Q36: Hip hop clubs or EDM clubs
A: I don’t go to clubs
Q37: Watch versus bracelet
A: Watch
Q38: Cream pasta versus tomato pasta
A: Aglio Olio
Q39: Brad Pitt or Tom Cruise
A: Brad Pitt
Q40: To guest on Radio Star or Knowing Brothers?
A: I won’t do both. I think it is really awkward. Entertainment shows seem stressful
Q41: Tteokbokki or Sundae
A: Tteokbokki
Q42: Jjajangmyeon or Jampong
A: Jjangmyeon
Q43: Forever meat or forever vegetables only
A: You will die it’s dangerous
Q44: Who did you spend your New Year’s party?
A: Seung Heon hyung
Q45: Which has a higher possibility? Showing your family or your house?
A: I will not do both
Q46: Kiss or peck
A: For me I like peck
Q47: Why?
A: Because you can do peck anytime conveniently. But a kiss you cannot do it any time, and a peck can be done anywhere.
Q48: Have you tried searching your name online?
A: I think I do it everyday
Q49: Do you put comments?
A: <laughed hard> NO!
Q50: Any memorable fan support/cheer?
A: During the recent fan meeting spoke with a bit of a louder voice saying she felt happy after watching my works and acting. I felt happy when I heard that.
Q51: Is there anything you want to say to the fan who came today?
A: Have fun today and I hope it will become a happy memory.

So Ji Sub 6

All About So Ji Sub

After a quick break, the man of the moment returned on the stage for more entertaining fan interactions. Testing his memory on the dramas he worked with, the quick to smile actor had to guess questions based on his dramas. If he failed to answer it, cute consequences would be given to him ranging from unique “good morning call”, wearing wings, and flower crown. Attendees participated to help surely, but ultimately led him to wrong answers for him to get the penalties. (hehe)

The segment made us aware that 35 band-aids were put on Kim Bon by Joon-Joon twins in My Secret Terrius. When he failed to guess the jackfruit inside a box, a souvenir “good morning call” for all fans to take home was captured.

Check out this cute penalty moments from the fan meet.

Adorned by a smooth sailing program, a collective sigh of jealousy erupted when So Ji Sub personally gifted one lucky fan with a one-of-a-kind polaroid and a necklace he personally put on her. The lucky fan based in the United States had also attended her favorite actor’s fan meeting in Japan. Also, a few avid fans of the actor from Thailand, Japan, Taiwan and more have flown to witness the last stop of his HELLO Asia Tour.

IMG_20190317_184144.jpg?resize=620%2C465

(Photo from PULP Live World)

So Swag Party

We lost count how many times the talented and witty oppa made us smile from ear to ear. That when he donned his rapper look, it was a done deal. Fans raised up in the air, we felt the music beats moved inside our bodies.

Together with Soul Dive, rapper So Ji Sub went on to treat his fans with a string of his popular hits, including a cover of iKON’s “Love Scenario”, “Good Night”, “Go Boy”, “aoaoa”, “So Ganzi”, “Coke Bottle Baby” and “So Love”.

IMG_20190317_184136.jpg?resize=620%2C827

(Photo from PULP Live World)

On a fan girl side note, one of the memorable perks of this segment was seeing So Ji Sub in his sweaty-shining-glory. He appeared so princey on the laid back first segment of the fan meet. Then he transformed to a fiery swagger owning the stage to fuel the lively crowd.

It was truly an all-in-one complete fan meeting package that complemented all those years of waiting for fans to meet their cherished artist.

The 2019 So Ji Sub HELLO Asia Tour in Manila is brought to fans by 51K, Live Nation and PULP Live World.

Hellokpop extends gratitude to PULP Live World for the media invitation to the event.

Event covered By: abbyinhallyuland, Emylyn Castalla and Nicole Caluag

Photos By: Richard Esguerra

source : HelloKpop

Spoiler

• Like 1

One Of Korea’s Hottest Actors So Ji Sub, Says He’s Ready To Get Married

“Of course, if I do get married, I want to become a husband that puts my wife before my children.”

So Ji Sub revealed that he has been thinking about marriage since his most recent movie “Be With You”.

sH__H1TVbwXLWMc8c-DQprvNTwDd-Dw20Jh0DQll

The movie is about a woman who leaves this world after promising her husband that she would return a year later on a rainy day.

Miraculously, she returns to keep her promise, but after having lost her memory. So Ji Sub plays the husband who makes a struggle to raise his son after his wife’s death.

So Ji Sub explained that he was hesitant about taking on the role at first because he wasn’t sure he would be able to pull off the role of a father. The role would require him to be the character in his 20’s through 40’s. As he became more immersed in the character, however, he said that the emotions came to him naturally.

He said that he normally doesn’t cry when watching movies but in this movie, he started crying from the beginning. It brought up memories from his own difficult childhood, and also added that he may be getting more emotional with age.

“Filming a melodramatic film has made me want to fall in love. I didn’t think much about marriage during my previous film (“The Battleship Island”), but since hanging out with Kim Ji Hwa, who plays my son in the movie, I’ve changed. I think I need to start thinking more deeply about marriage. Of course, if I do get married, I want to become a husband that puts my wife before my children.”

ㅡ So Ji Sub

According to So Ji Sub, melodramatic scenarios are rare in Korea because they are more difficult to succeed. Therefore, when he films a melodramatic film, he thinks of it as his last and puts in his best effort.

Fans are more excited about the movie because he put his best effort in it.

Be With You premiered in theaters almost exactly 1 year ago, and grossed nearly $20 million USD.

source : koreaboo

• 2 weeks later...

***  The Korean Producers & Directors Association revealed the winners for the 31st Korea Producer Awards. The Korea Producer Awards recognizes producing directors (PDs) and entertainers who have contributed to free press and the development of society and culture. The Best Drama Award went to MBC’s “Terius Behind Me.” The ceremony for the 31st Korea Producer Awards will take place on April 1 at 7 p.m. KST and will be hosted by comedian Kim Yong Man and KBS announcer Lee Hye Sung, taking place at KBS Hall in Yeouido, Seoul. The ceremony is expected to be broadcast on April 9 starting at 1:50 p.m. KST. Congratulations to SJS & to the "TBM” team! :P

• Like 1

Hi chingus, 

Have been out of action for quite sometime. Yasss.....i went for our One and Only FM in Bangkok. After 2 years of not meeting him really gives me goosebump when he turned up in shimmery black suit and Barry Manilow "I can't smile without you". He hit every key perfectly and perfected his lines. 

I was lucky but not lucky enough for a group photo or hi touch but blessed with a signed poster. Btw, Malaysia with a group of dedicated ladies set up a Fan Club. Do lurk over to check on what they have to offer be it the FM or general information via their IG.

https://www.instagram.com/sjs.my/

Also, the admins have decided to do a full translation of the book published in Year 2010 - The Way in English. 

bit by bit

1 hour ago, salad71 said:

Hi chingus, 

Have been out of action for quite sometime. Yasss.....i went for our One and Only FM in Bangkok. After 2 years of not meeting him really gives me goosebump when he turned up in shimmery black suit and Barry Manilow "I can't smile without you". He hit every key perfectly and perfected his lines. 

I was lucky but not lucky enough for a group photo or hi touch but blessed with a signed poster. Btw, Malaysia with a group of dedicated ladies set up a Fan Club. Do lurk over to check on what they have to offer be it the FM or general information via their IG.

https://www.instagram.com/sjs.my/

Also, the admins have decided to do a full translation of the book published in Year 2010 - The Way in English.

bit by bit

Hi salad, wow.............you're lucky dear to have seen him up close & personal again. Thanks for sharing this IG link. :P

• Like 1

10 Older Romance K-Dramas That You Need To See

It feels like just yesterday I was watching these K-dramas as a kid, which are now referred to as “older K-dramas.”

It’s easy to get excited and sucked into the dramatic world of K-dramas these days, but there are lots of K-dramas from way back when that can be thoroughly enjoyed today. Here’s a look at 10 of those older K-dramas that you should definitely give a watch!

What Happened in Bali

what-happened-in-bali.jpg

If you’re into super dramatic K-dramas, it’s guaranteed that nothing will top this one. “What Happened in Bali” stars Ha Ji Won, So Ji Sub, and Jo In Sung. It’s an obviously impressive cast and enough of a reason to watch the series, but the story will also have you sucked in.

Ha Ji Won plays Soo Jung, a poor travel agent who is working in Bali trying to make ends meet. She meets Kang In Wook (So Ji Sub) and Jung Jae Min (Jo In Sung) in Bali, and the three get entangled in a serious love triangle. This love triangle is not the type of love triangle that we’re used to today. It’s entwined with passion, seething jealousy, hate, obsession, and mental instability. It’s really a dramatic series that is guaranteed to stick in your mind for years to come.

(skipped unrelated.....)

Sina.Com Names Ji Chang-wook, Lee Joon-gi, Song Seung-heon, and More as 15 TOP Hallyu stars

photo1050638.jpg

Ji Chang-wook, EXO's Sehun, EXO, Rain, Lee Joon-gi, Super Junior, Ahn Jae-wook, Song Seung-heon, Won Bin, Bae Yong-joon, Kwon Sang-woo, So Ji-sub, Jo In-sung, TVXQ, and Hyun Bin are the TOP 15 Hallyu stars provided by Sina-Com's Star Service.

Source : www.topstarnews.net/n...

Translation : Hancinema

• 3 weeks later...

12 K-Drama Couples That Exude The Best Chemistry

8c9d261a0d0e4c649b1aeb156dba7094.jpeg?s=

One of the most exciting parts about K-dramas is finding out who the two main leads are. When the two leads are super popular, the only thing you can really hope for is that the chemistry is there. It’s tragic, really, when there’s a lot of anticipation surrounding the main leads and then when the series starts, there’s not even a flicker of that spark. Most of the time, the success and popularity of a K-series ride a lot on how well the main leads connect. Here’s a look at 12 drama couples who had the best chemistry!

Warning: Minor spoilers for the dramas below.

Shin Min Ah and So Ji Sub in “Oh My Venus”

oh-my-venus.gif

So Ji Sub is another male star who has had an immense amount of respectable counterparts as love interests in his dramas. He’s pretty much able to have chemistry with any co-star. But the one, in particular, that seemed to come pretty naturally was with Shin Min Ah. The two had bumped into each other on several occasions as they worked as models on similar projects.

shin-min-ah.png

But when they starred together in the hit rom-com, “Oh My Venus,” there was really no faking the chemistry. So Ji Sub starred in the drama as a hotshot trainer named Kim Young Ho while Shin Min Ah starred as an overweight lawyer named Kang Joo Eun. Young Ho ends up falling in love with Joo Eun despite her appearance and the two engage in a passionate romance.

oh-my-venus1.gif

Watch “Oh My Venus”:

Watch Now

(skipped unrelated.....)

On 10/1/2018 at 5:03 AM, sjsfan88 said:

new to the forum!! found this interview: https://smlounge.co.kr/arena/article/39055

Spoiler

ARENA HOMME+ 2018 | Mood of a Day

20180825-seoulbeats-sojisub.jpg

2019-05-09-04-41-27-Window.png

2019-05-09-04-41-50-Window.png

2019-05-09-04-42-07-Window.png

2019-05-09-04-42-35-Window.png2019-05-09-04-43-47-Window.png

2019-05-09-04-42-57-Window.png

• 2 weeks later...

*** I read that SJS acknowledged that he's currently in a relationship with announcer Jo Eun-jung. His agency confirmed that he is seriously in a relationship with her. Report said that they met in February last year in an interview for the SBS TV show "TV News at Night" as reporter and interviewee. After meeting for the first time then, they became closer as they hung out with mutual friends. :P   This was during when he was promoting his film “Be With You.” Although the couple confirmed that they were together, they said they’re not yet in a place to think about marriage. It is his first time that he has revealed his girlfriend to the public. The couple has large age gap of 17 years, she is 17 years younger than him. She debuted as a newscaster through the OGN game channel some years ago and was a reporter on “E-news Exclusive” until last year.

photo1063960.jpg

The following is a statement posted on management agency's 51k official Instagram page.

photo1063965.jpg

Source : www.newsen.com/news_v...

credit : Hancinema

• Love 1