Kwon Sang Woo 권상우

Admin

*** The more I see of upcoming drama "Curtain Call", the more excited I get. With the likes of Kwon Sang Woo, Kang Haneul, Ha Ji-won, Sung Dong-il — and that’s not even all of them — how can one not get excited? "Curtain Call" premieres October 31 in the Monday-Tuesday slot. This looks like a strong contender for Pachinko style epic story telling. I have to say that my main draw are the leads + KSW.  The casting is great but I'm not going to hold out too many expectations.   :sweet:

• Like 1

*** Kwon Sang Woo strikes a few poses for Seoul Fashion Week. Ha. The clip looks so COOL. He looks fit and good.

And we can see him soon in the drama, "Curtain Call."   :popcornjackson:

screenshot_20221011_131108_instagram5885

screenshot_20221011_131117_instagram1944

photos source : https://breathlesssurvival.wordpress.com/2022/10/11/kwon-sang-woo-for-seoul-fashion-week/

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cjje97ahFAS/?utm_source=ig_embed&ig_rid=9a42b613-a064-498d-8696-fea5b999eeed

• Love 1

On 10/8/2022 at 11:00 AM, willenette said:

*** The more I see of upcoming drama "Curtain Call", the more excited I get.

@willenette me too....
And what's more - it is now licensed by Viki:Megathanks:

And thank you for the lovely photos from the Fashion Week

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Curtain Call” Previews Tense Love Between Between Ha Ji Won And Kwon Sang Woo

New stills for the upcoming drama “Curtain Call” featuring Ha Ji Won and Kwon Sang Woo have been released!

“Curtain Call” is a drama series that will tell the story of Ja Geum Soon (Go Doo Shim), an elderly woman from North Korea who recruits a young theatre actor named Yoo Jae Heon (Kang Ha Neul) to fulfill her last wish with the limited time she has left. The drama will center around the family of Ja Geum Soon and the connections between the people in Ja Geum Soon’s Paradise Hotel.

Ha Ji Won plays Park Se Yeon, the granddaughter of Ja Geum Soon and manager of Paradise Hotel. Kwon Sang Woo has taken on the role of chaebol heir Bae Dong Jae.

In the newly released stills, the two sit opposite one another in a silent face-off, the tensions of both a budding romance and something much heavier clouding the air between them. The two are engaged in a tug-of-war as Park Se Yeon runs forward with abandon in order to save the Paradise Hotel while Bae Dong Jae chases after her heart.

spacer.png

Ha Ji Won and Kwon Sang Woo have already worked together once in the film “Love, So Divine” and are expected to show off their perfect on-screen chemistry in “Curtain Call” as well.

“Curtain Call” is set to premiere on October 31 at 9:50 p.m. KST. Watch a teaser for the drama here!

source

• Like 1

*** Comedy drama is starting to become a trend once again in the global entertainment scene. Kwon Sang Woo teams up with Lee Kwang Soo, Park Jin Joo, and Im Se Mi to make "X of Crisis " more attractive. The series centers on the life of a gullible person who faces crises in his life including retirement, stock decline and more. It showcases the struggles of ordinary people in the harsh reality of life of the current generation. The series is directed by "The Accidental Detective" director, which stars Lee Kwang Soo and Kwon Sang Woo again. "X of Crisis" is available with English subtitles for worldwide viewers on online streaming platform Wavve.   :blush:

x-of-crisis.jpg?w=600?w=650

poster source : Kdramastars

• Like 1

*** "Curtain Call" does have a new second teaser that’s making an appearance on the interwebs, and it shows us five of our primary characters. First we see our struggling stage actor and hero Yoo Jae-hun, played by Kang Haneul. He’s greatly surprised when he enters Hotel Paradise and in voiceover we hear him say how much he wants to be a “real” actor, and to be able to encourage even just one person through his art. Kwon Sang-woo is also featured  — he plays Bae Dong-jae, another chaebol heir who gets entangled with the Hotel Paradise power structure… and was once engaged to Se-yeon. In the teaser, we see him (unhappily) observing Jae-hun and Se-yeon’s growing closeness. The drama is on Viki US’s “Coming Soon” list.   :ohboy2:

video source : Dramabeans

• Like 1

Romance dramas to suspense thriller series set to hit screens this month

A poster for KBS series, 'Curtain Call,' left, and the Tving series, 'Bargain' / Courtesy of Victory Contents, Tving
A poster for KBS series, "Curtain Call," left, and the Tving series, "Bargain" / Courtesy of Victory Contents, Tving

By Lee Gyu-lee

A string of series, from the star-studded drama, "Curtain Call," to the mystery thriller, "Shadow Detective," is set to be released in the next few weeks.

KBS' new series, "Curtain Call," brings together a lineup of stars, including veteran actress Go Doo-shim as well as Kang Ha-neul, Ha Ji-won, Kwon Sang-woo, and Sung Dong-il. The drama series, set to go on air on Oct. 31, revolves around an aspiring actor, Yoo Jae-heon (Kang), in a local theater troupe. Despite growing up as an orphan and going through financial hardship, he always remains optimistic and high-spirited, working hard to make his name as an actor.

One day, he gets an offer to pretend to be a man who defected from North Korea and is the grandson of an elderly woman, Ja Geum-soon (Go), the founder and owner of one of the largest hotel chains in Korea, to fulfill her last wish.

Pretending to be the lost grandson, Jae-heon's life changes as he meets Geum-soon's granddaughter, Park Se-yeon (Ha).

The series is led by Yoon Sang-ho, whose previous work includes the 2021 period series, "River Where The Moon Rises," and is scripted by Jo Seong-geol.

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : Korea Times

https://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/art/2022/10/688_337979.html

• Like 1

Son Ye Jin’s ‘Summer Scent’, Song Hye Kyo’s ‘Full House’ and more: 5 top K-Dramas of 2000s to watch

While K-Dramas have gathered more and more fans over the last years, the early 2000s had a lot of hidden gems that are loved even today and we’ve created a list of those!

5. Stairway To Heaven (Choi Ji Woo, Kim Tae Hee, Kwon Sang Woo) 

Han Jung Suh (Choi Ji Woo) and Cha Song Joo (Kwon Sang Woo) are childhood friends and have a special bond that blossoms into love. They both share the pain of losing a loved one: Song Joo's father died in a traffic accident and Jung-suh's mother died of eye cancer. Jung Suh's father (Ha Jae Young) marries an actress named Tae Mi Ra (Lee Hui Hyang), who brings her real daughter, Han Yoo Ri (Kim Tae Hee), and son, Han Tae Hwa (Lee Wan) into the household. Yoo Ri is jealous of Jung-suh, making her look terrible in front of her mother, who begins to turn on Jung Suh. When Jung-suh's father leaves for work, her stepmother assaults her. She thwarts Jung Suh's attempts to study abroad with Song Joo, who then leaves for America alone. Mi Ra plots for Yoo Ri to win the affections of Song Joo who is the heir of his family fortune. All the while, Jung Suh tries to be nice to Tae Hwa, but he mistakes her friendship for something more, and falls in love with her.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainment/son-ye-jins-summer-scent-song-hye-kyos-full-house-and-more-5-top-k-dramas-of-2000s-to-watch-1197014

• 2 weeks later...

*** The behind-the-scenes video for Episodes 5 and 6 of “Curtain Call” is here. The BTS for these EPs are full of funny moments. Kang Ha Neul is at the center of much of this BTS,  causing the cast members and crew to laugh at his adorable blunders. During rehearsals for a scene between Kang Ha Neul and Kwon Sang Woo, the latter comments, “You…are really good at North Korean dialect.” Kang Ha Neul responds to the praise with giddy laughter as he runs in for a big hug. After they film, the director remarks, “You’re both so good at acting!” Kwon Sang Woo humbly replies while laughing, “I messed up. I messed up a lot.” 

“Curtain Call” airs every Monday and Tuesday at 9:50 p.m. KST.   :kaching3:

video source/credit : soompi news

*** Kwon Sang-woo and Oh Jung-se will star in fantasy-comedy film "Switch" as best friends who have their identities swapped on Christmas. "Switch" is a humorous story that follows A-list actor Park Kang (Kwon) who wakes up one Christmas morning to find himself living an alternate version of his own life in which he had chosen to marry his girlfriend and settled into a quiet family life with two adorable kids. Oh initially plays the role of Kang's overworked manager, Jo Yoon, but thanks to some fantastical forces, he finds himself in an alternate reality where he suddenly becomes a famous actor.

The writer said he wrote the script with Kwon and Oh in mind. According to him, they have made a strong mark in almost every film genre ― be it comedy, action, thriller or romance. Kwon Sang Woo said it was the first film that reminded him of his father. "'Switch' made me feel a tornado of emotions. It felt nostalgic, emotional and even inspiring. In many ways, it reminded me of my father and our relationship."  Lee Min-jung portrays Soo-hyun, who also finds herself between two realities, much like the two ― one in which she pursues a high-flying career abroad and another in which she marries Park and lives in Korea. 

"Switch" will hit local theaters next year, (January).  :hypehype:

From left, actors Kwon Sang-woo, Oh Jung-se, Lee Min-jung and director Ma Dae-yun attend a press conference for the film, 'Switch,' in Seoul, Wednesday. Yonhap

credit : Korea Times

https://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/art/2022/11/689_340424.html

Korean comedy ‘Switch’ retells 'Prince and the Pauper’

http://res.heraldm.com/content/image/2022/11/24/20221124000659_0.jpg

Film director Ma Dae-yoon said he aimed to retell Mark Twain’s “The Prince and the Pauper” in his new comedy film “Switch.”

“At the beginning, I thought about making a movie about a protagonist having an epiphany, like ‘A Christmas Carol.’ Then I added ‘The Prince and the Pauper’ element to it,” Ma said in a press conference at Lotte Cinema Konkuk University on Wednesday.

Leading actors Kwon Sang-woo, Oh Jung-se and Lee Min-jung and director Ma took part in the press conference. Child actor Kim Jun also made a surprise appearance in the middle of the event.

In "Switch," top star Park Kang (Kwon), who works with his manager Cho Yoon (Oh), wakes up one Christmas morning and finds his life has changed completely overnight. He is now living an alternate version of his own life in which he is working as the manager of star actor Cho Yoon. Park Kang is also married to Soo-hyun (Lee) and has two adorable kids -- a son (Kim) and a daughter (Park So-yi). In his original life, Soo-hyun broke up with Park Kang to pursue her career as an artist.

“My character Park Kang is a top star who is arrogant. He is a scandal-ridden actor who treats his manager rudely,” Kwon said. “Park Kang’s situation changes overnight and personally I enjoyed playing the down-to-earth manager role much more as it was more comfortable.”

Oh, who portrays Park Kang’s manager character that later switches to superstar Cho Yoon, agreed that Kwon seemed more comfortable playing the manager role.

“I think since he seemed comfortable, it also made me feel more comfortable playing the top star,” Oh added.

Oh also stressed during the press conference that “Switch” is not only humorous, but also thought-provoking.

“It is not difficult to understand and it is fun. But it also has a very moving story. I am excited to present the film” he added.

Lee, marking a return to the big screen 10 years after last appearing in “Wonderful Radio” in 2012, said she was happy to be part of the family movie.

“I love movies so I always sought an opportunity to do one,” she said. “I personally love heartwarming films and ‘Switch’ is just that.”

“Switch" hits local theaters in January.

By Song Seung-hyun (ssh@heraldcorp.com)

credit : Korea Herald

*** Production briefing session for “Switch” on Nov 23rd. Kwon Sang Woo said, I had a fierce kiss scene with Lee Min Jung. Anyway, we are not uncomfortable with each other at all. (Laugh) The kiss was supposed to be intense, so I was more worried about what to do. Lee Min Jung finished the scene in one shot. That was very comfortable for both of us."    :luvarrow:

Lee Byung-hun-Lee Min Jung

Son Tae yong-Lee Min Jung

switch

source : https://v.daum.net/v/p4HzN6LZXW