Kwon Sang Woo 권상우

Admin

Drama viewership ratings for the week of Jan. 4-10, 2021

dramaratings_3.jpg

LINK here : Dramabeans

https://www.dramabeans.com/2021/01/drama-viewership-ratings-for-the-week-of-jan-4-10-2021/

Friday, Jan. 8      
Fly Dragon 15 SBS 5.2%
Hush 7 JTBC 2.7%
Saturday, Jan. 9      
Homemade Love Story 33 KBS 30.9%
Fly Dragon 16 SBS 5.4%
Hush 8 JTBC 2.3%
The Uncanny Counter 11 OCN 8.7%
Mr. Queen 9 tvN 12.1%

Lee Jung-jae to make guest appearance on “Delayed Justice”

The broadcaster told local news outlets that the actor will briefly appear "as a courtesy for series director Kwak Jung-hwan." He worked with the director on the JTBC series "Chief of Staff," which ran for two seasons in 2019.

In "Delayed Justice," Lee plays lawmaker Jang Tae-jun, his character from "Chief of Staff." SBS said Lee shot the episode Tuesday.

Lee was originally "in final talks" to replace actor Bae Sung-woo as the lead character of "Delayed Justice" ― lawyer Park Sam-soo ― after Bae was axed from the series in early December after being charged with drunk driving.

The role went to Jung Woo-sung when Lee concluded he could not join due to his schedule. Jung will be taking over from episode 17, which is set to air Friday.

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : Korea Times

https://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/art/2021/01/688_302353.html

Drama viewership ratings for the week of Jan. 11-17, 2021

dramaratings_3.jpg

LINK here : dramabeans

https://www.dramabeans.com/2021/01/drama-viewership-ratings-for-the-week-of-jan-11-17-2021/

Friday, Jan. 15      
Fly Dragon 17 SBS 5.6%
Hush 9 JTBC 2.6%
Saturday, Jan. 16      
Homemade Love Story 35 KBS 29.7%
Fly Dragon 18 SBS 5.5%
Hush 10 JTBC 1.9%
The Uncanny Counter 13 OCN 9.4%
Mr. Queen 11 tvN 12.5%

Lee Jung Jae And Lee Elijah Meet Kwon Sang Woo And Jung Woo Sung In “Delayed Justice” As Their Characters In “Chief Of Staff”

37583ee1aac640c7bd1feba6abde64f9.jpeg?s=

On January 20, SBS released stills of Lee Jung Jae and Lee Elijah’s special appearance in the drama “Delayed Justice.”

Lee Jung Jae and Lee Elijah will be appearing in “Delayed Justice” as Jang Tae Joon, a member of the National Assembly, and his advisor, Yoon Hye Won. These are their characters from the drama “Chief of Staff.” Kwak Jung Hwan, the director of “Delayed Justice,” also worked on “Chief of Staff.” Lee Jung Jae had been in talks to replace Bae Sung Woo in the role of Park Sam Soo, but the role went to Jung Woo Sung, a close friend of Lee Jung Jae, after Lee Jung Jae had schedule conflicts.

In the stills, Lee Jung Jae and Lee Elijah meet with Kwon Sang Woo (who plays the lawyer Park Tae Yong), Jung Woo Sung (who plays the reporter Park Sam Soo), and Kim Joo Hyun (who plays the rookie reporter Lee Yoo Kyung).

jung-woo-sung-lee-jung-jae-delayed-justijung-woo-sung-kwon-sang-woo-lee-elijah-dkwon-sang-woo-delayed-justice.jpeg

Spoiler

Spoilers

With just two episodes left in its run, Kwon Sang Woo, Jung Woo Sung, and Kim Joo Hyun are in a race against time to reveal the truth behind Kim Kap Soo, the man behind the elite group. Although their tenacious investigation unearthed official documents about the trial transactions between Jo Sung Ha and Kim Kap Soo, a conflict arose over their investigation methods. Kwon Sang Woo, who had reached the limits of what he could do, sought the help of prosecutors and sent the documents to Jung Woong In, causing Jung Woo Sung to react in anger.

Amid this tense situation, viewers are intrigued to find out what role the National Assembly member and his advisor will play as they visit Kwon Sang Woo’s office. Lee Jung Jae greets Kwon Sang Woo with an easy smile that suggests that he has a good reason for being there. He also shakes hands with Jung Woo Sung as Kim Joo Hyun looks shocked at what she hears.

A source from the production staff stated, “National Assembly member Lee Jung Jae and his advisor, Lee Elijah, who are working to change the world, will give a new turning point to the story of Kwon Sang Woo and Jung Woo Sung’s quest for justice. Please look forward to the brief but impactful appearance from the two actors, who are assuming their roles as Jang Tae Joon and Yoon Hye Won once again.”

The next episode of “Delayed Justice” airs on January 22 at 10 p.m. KST.

Check out “Delayed Justice” below!

Watch Now

Source (1) / soompi news

*** "Fly Dragon"  also finished its run, with 6.2 percent — not its best, though not its worst. :worried:

************************************************************************************************8

Drama viewership ratings for the week of Jan. 18-24, 2021

dramaratings_3.jpg

LINK here : dramabeans'

https://www.dramabeans.com/2021/01/drama-viewership-ratings-for-the-week-of-jan-18-24-2021/

Friday, Jan. 22      
Fly Dragon 19 SBS 5.4%
Hush 11 JTBC 2.2%
Saturday, Jan. 23      
Homemade Love Story 37 KBS 30.7%
Fly Dragon 20 SBS 6.2%
Hush 12 JTBC 2.1%
The Uncanny Counter 15 OCN 9.0%
Mr. Queen 13 tvN 12.8%

10 Dramas That Korean's Search Online the Most as of January 25, 2021

If you are curious as to what Koreans are searching most for or which current dramas catch the curiosity of Korean then, continue reading this article to find out!

Daum, a South Korean web portal holds a record of the most searched dramas in Korea with an hourly ranking. When a drama is being searched online, it doesn't automatically mean that these dramas are the most watched ones. However, it is the most talked-about or the hot topic drama at the moment.

We have compiled the list of the 10 most searched dramas in Korea based on the data released by Daum as of January 25 (10:37 AM KST).

10.  Delayed Justice

10 Most Searched Dramas in Korea as of January 25, 2021
(Photo : sbs official instagram)

Delayed Justice will feature the story of two men who stand up for justice and helps victims that are wrongly accused of crimes they didn't commit.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : Kdramastars

https://www.kdramastars.com/articles/119729/20210125/10-searched-dramas-korea-january-25-2021.htm

• 2 weeks later...

KWON Sang-woo, OH Jung-se and LEE Min-jung Open CHRISTMAS PRESENT

Christmas Film from MA Dae-yoon Began Shoot on January 17

WRTFFYGYBLjnHpgfUlaX.jpg

KWON Sang-woo, OH Jung-se, and LEE Min-jung have joined forces for the new film Christmas Present (working title) which went into production on January 17. Also appearing in the film are child actors PARK So-yi and KIM Jun.

From distributor Lotte Entertainment and production company Hive Media Corp, the film is the sophomore directing effort of MA Dae-yun, who previously made the family drama My Little Brother (2017), the only Korean film to date that has been distributed by Disney.

The film follows Park-kang (KWON Sang-woo) a popular actor who is frequently embroiled in scandals. Jo-yoon (OH Jung-se) is his manager and best friend. One day, Park-kang’s ex-girlfriend Soo-hyun (LEE Min-jung) comes back into the picture.

Known as a heartthrob of the early aughts through works like Spirit of Jeet Kune Do - Once Upon a Time in High School (2004), KWON Sang-woo has been prolific of late, appearing in hits such as The Divine Move 2: The Wrathful (2019) and last year’s Lunar New Year hit HITMAN: AGENT JUN. He recently completed filming the period action sequel The Pirates: Goblin’s Flag (translated title).

Character actor OH Jung-se is known for the cult classic rom-com How to Use Guys with Secret Tips (2013) and has recently become a big name on the small screen, appearing in It’s Okay to Not Be Okay and scheduled to appear alongside Gianna JUN in Cliffhanger later this year.

Christmas Present will mark the big-screen comeback of LEE Min-jung, who was last seen in the rom-com Love On-Air (2012), although she has been very active in dramas in the interim.

Meanwhile, PARK So-yi was seen in the Chuseok film Pawn last year and KIM Jun appears in the medical drama Hospital Playlist.

• 1 month later...

Lee Min-jung X Kwon Sang-woo, Self-illumination two shot 'Elegance

20210329160211346yrab.jpg

20210329160212271nbcs.jpg

Actor Lee Min-jung caught the eye by unveiling a self-illumination two shot with Kwon Sang-woo.

Lee Min-jung posted on his 29th day of his instagram, "Thank you so much! You sent me a delicious lunch box at the last film of the movie "Christmas Gift" today."

The photos posted together show Lee Min-jung and Kwon Sang-woo's authentication shots. Lee Min-jung, who has a brilliant knit fashion and a goddess beauty, and Kwon Sang-woo, who boasts an Inspector George Gently charm with a perfect coat fit, catch the eye. In the appearance of two visual actors, the netizens responded that "I can see the face" and "I will watch the movie".

source : https://k-star-holic.blogspot.com/2021/03/lee-min-jung-x-kwon-sang-woo-self.html

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

I watched him in "Stairway to heaven" and "Cruel love".

@nohamahamoud2002, as far as I remember, STH had a winning ratings close to 40%.  40% and up ratings in Korea means a national drama. That's why, the drama is still considered a classic. Kwon Sang-woo becomes my favourite male lead when I watched him in all of his dramas & movies.  "Stairway to Heaven" gives a moral lesson, cherish while you still have them for you never know what tomorrow's holds. The ending was very heart touching. "Stairway to Heaven" is a master piece of its time. I'm glad that you were able to watch the drama.  :happydance:

• Blob 1

• 1 month later...

*** I just finished watching his latest drama "Delayed Justice" - I wasn't able to watch it continuously during its airing because of lacked of time. The most noticeable part in the drama is the fantastic chemistry between Kwon Sang Woo and Bae Sung Woo. The real highlight takes place inside the court. Park Tae Yong wakes up his “beast instinct” as soon as he enters the courtroom. The drama faced its worst situation when Bae Sung Woo’s drunken driving case was reported. I wonder what is with SBS and the recurrence of dramas made to change lead actor's in the middle of a drama. I love the bromance between Jung’s Sam-soo and Tae-young. A minor complain I have is the lack of repercussions our villains have and it seemed as if they were let off lightly. For all the evil things they did it wasn't shown in the drama their sentences or

punishment. Nonetheless, I enjoyed the show throughout its run.    :wut:

*** An exciting new rom-com film is in the works! Moon Chae-won and Kwon Sang-woo have reportedly accepted lead roles in the Korean remake of the Argentinian film No Kids (2015). Originally titled Sin Hijos in Spanish, No Kids tells the story of a single divorced father who reunites with a woman he loved in the past, who happens to dislike kids. The Korean remake of the film is called "We Grow Up" and will be directed by Choi Won-sub, who directed him in the film Hitman: Agent Jun (2020). Initially, the title of the Korean remake was supposed to be same as the original, but it was later changed to focus more on the romantic-comedy vibe. It will be produced by Movie Rock, a company known for productions like Midnight Runners, and Be With You. He will be seen playing a devoted single father who used to be in a band while Moon Chae-won is set to play his lover from college whom he meets after 10 years. Due to her dislike of kids, he hides the fact that he has a daughter. "We Grow Up" is scheduled to begin filming in July.  :headbang:

optimize

source : https://m.star.mt.co.kr/view.html?no=2021052409424442248&VNS&pDepth=news&pDepth1=issue&pDepth2=exclusive&ref=

Kwon Sangwoo and Moon Chaewon Join WE GROW UP

202105311304101f6e261a-dd41-4eae-94e9-31

Kwon Sangwoo and Moon Chaewon are teaming up for the upcoming romantic comedy We Grow Up. The film, which is scheduled to go into production in July, will reteam Kwon with Director Choi Wonsub, the pair having worked together on last year’s hit Lunar New Year action-comedy HITMAN: AGENT JUN.

We Grow Up is a remake of the Argentinian film No Kids from 2015 and follows a single father who has to keep his daughter a secret from his first love from high school, who he meets again by chance, but who he discovers has no interest in dating anyone with children.

A major heartthrob of the early 2000s, Kwon Sangwoo is known for titles such as My Tutor Friend (2003) and Spirit of Jeet Keun Do - Once Upon a Time in High School (2004). His recent credits include The Accidental Detective (2015) and its sequel, action film The Divine Move 2: The Wrathful (2019), and the romcom LOVE, AGAIN (2019).

Moon Chaewon is no stranger to romantic comedies, having starred in Love Forecast (2015) and Mood of the Day (2016). She recently earned plaudits for the lead role in the acclaimed thriller drama series Flower of Evil.

The film is being produced by MOVIEROCK, the production company behind hits such as Midnight Runners (2017), Be With You (2018), and Innocent Witness (2019).

credit : http://www.koreanfilm.or.kr/eng/news/news.jsp?pageIndex=1&blbdComCd=601006&seq=5546&mode=VIEW&returnUrl=&searchKeyword=

• 1 month later...

*** I wonder if KSW is also in US right now or starting filming his new movie "We Grow Up". Saw these photos of his wife in US where she's in a shopping mall.  :heart3:   Son Tae-young posted them on Instagram yesterday July 20th with a caption - "I went to buy a clean-up and I was looking for stationery ~ ~ ~".  :kitty:

20210720154840786zrak.jpg

20210720154842285owfn.jpg

20210720154844810rtgj.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

The OG oppas: Male leads we first loved in the 2000s

1628877402-2000s.jpg

The K-drama fever has gone a long way from how it was in the past decades. Thanks to the rise of social media and the birth of more streaming platforms, people all over the globe now get to consume endless content, even from up-and-coming Korean celebrities.

But once upon a time in Hallyu history, years before Kim Seon Ho, Park Seo Joon, and Park Bo Gum began dominating our Instagram feeds, there were oppas who had already succeeded in making us fall hard with their bewitching presence on-screen. Here is a list of male leads who will reaffirm our belief that first love never dies.

Kwon Sang Woo

1628877169-kwonsangwoo.jpg

Kwon Sang Woo was very popular for his handsome looks and beastly body. He rose to fame in the 2003 romantic comedy film My Tutor Friend and also as Cha Song Joo in the melodrama series Stairway to Heaven. At first, he was known for his roles where he utilized his martial arts skills, but his roles later expanded.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : allkpop

*** Son Tae-young, KSW's wife posted a picture on August 21st on IG with a caption "You Friend # Our Friend" # Museum" -  She is still in United States (New York City) visiting a museum with children. I'm curious where is KSW, huh? The children are big now, they grow so fast. 

:rubchin:

20210821155039328dkqk.jpg

20210821155040607ehhd.jpg

*** I'm done watching KSW's movie, "Hitman : Agent Jun". I watched this for him. This movie has been receiving positive feedback online. If there is one thing Korea is good at, its genre mixing movies especially action comedies. However “Hitman Agent Jun” adds a third genre – animation.  The animation sections are fantastic. Of course, with this type of movie, there’s a certain level of unrealistic elements to be expected. Its “unrealistic elements” were done on purpose; it’s where the comedy and humor of the movie is derived from. Also, the movie is unique that it had a good mix of live action and animation. It gradually does start to get your attention and it gets a lot more entertaining as you watch it. My only complaint for this movie is it had cheesy and over-the-top comedy. The humor felt very forced, something that unfortunately you’ll just have to put up with. Kwon Sang-Woo’s action sequences were great, though with a lot of fast movements and towards the end, a bit of blood.  I believe the movie is good for a light watch, so go into it without too much expectation. In regards to performances, Kwon Sang-woo in the title role of Agent Jun, is a joy to watch. There were just some scenes where he’s overacting and I really don’t like it. Overall, I ended up enjoying it. If it wasn’t for the overacting, it would be a guaranteed Must-Watch, but because of that my recommendation is: Your choice. If you’ve seen it, what did you think? :sweet: