Ask The Ladies - Read First Post

Admin

Guest nana544

Hey ladies,

I have a friend that I refused to speak to for at least 10 months because of something that happened and she never bothered to call me and apologize for it. I'm not really sure if I'm still friends with her or not. Anyway, I want to tell her something about a festival in a month. Basically, her favorite author will be coming to that festival. (We're both book nerds.)Do you think that I should text her about it or should I just tell our mutual friend to tell her?

Do you still want to be her friend? 10 months is like a very long time not to talk to a friend that did something horrible to you so I think that maybe you shouldn't be friends with this person, and besides she doesn't even bother to talk to you about the problem or apologize to you so maybe she doesn't really care about you I guess it's time to move on.

fabrications. said: Now that gives it a little more context. Maybe you're confusing her too! Waiting double the minutes makes it seem like you don't want to talk to her.
Texting is kinda hard, people have all sorts of different mannerisms so I just take it all with a grain of salt. 

@TRaNz don't overthink it! It's true that if you take too long to reply she might think you're not interested either hence keep her reply short... like you said she also could have picked up your pattern and feel like you're playing games with her which is not attractive. Next time she texts just respond quickly and do it a few times. You don't have to keep asking her questions. You can also keep your reply quick and to the point, and hopefully she'll continue the conversation if she's interested.

nana544 said:

Hey ladies,

I have a friend that I refused to speak to for at least 10 months because of something that happened and she never bothered to call me and apologize for it. I'm not really sure if I'm still friends with her or not. Anyway, I want to tell her something about a festival in a month. Basically, her favorite author will be coming to that festival. (We're both book nerds.)Do you think that I should text her about it or should I just tell our mutual friend to tell her?

Yes, I would still like to be friends because we've known each other since 10th grade. We have a lot in common and she's helped me a lot and I try to help her as much as I can. She's one of the only few friends that I can talk about books in lengthy conversations. On the other hand, my wounded pride doesn't want me to talk to her. That's why I was wondering what I should do.

It's understandable that you want to remain friends with her because you knew her for a long time, but I just don't understand why she doesn't apologize to you if she's the one that is in the wrong---according to you. Even though you knew someone for a long time, remember that friends comes and go. Or you can set aside your pride and talk to her first and ask how she's doing and tell her about the author that's coming to town.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest deeellely

VincentY said: Girls a question! I feel like I get shy easily and play jokes around a girl I find attractive. Is it the same for a lot of guys or am I just weird? The real question is, do girls do the same thing around a guy they find attractive? I figured some girls don't find any guys attractive as they have a lot of guys chasing them but I still find it hard to believe. Also I prefer older women but what are your views on dating younger men?

Guest cristolephe

Would you reject a guy that you had a crush on if you found out that he had really feminine hobbies (such as make up, sewing, hair) and was really effeminate? And I'd like to add in the factor that this guy isn't open about his hobbies/mannerisms. 

Would you reject a guy that you had a crush on if you found out that he had really feminine hobbies (such as make up, sewing, hair) and was really effeminate? And I'd like to add in the factor that this guy isn't open about his hobbies/mannerisms. 

It is questionable and I will have to ask him about it, but I think if I talk to him about it and learn the reason why he likes the hobbies that he likes; that maybe it will be okay.

Hi, i'm new to the forum and I can't create posts yet. So I feel like this post (the ladies) could maybe give me some advice.
I met a girl this summer during a internship. First day we met, she asked for my phone number. We didn't really talk other than work related until about 2 weeks later. Most of the time it was her that message me first and always wanting to know more about me. For about 2 months we talk almost everyday (we didn't talk much in person) but we would talk for hours online. She always supports me when I go through some issues, wanting to know every detail about what is going on in my life, and she tells me all her problems saying that she trust me. There was a lot of mix signals, so I don't know if she likes me or not. Since school started this month, we started to talk less and less (different schools). Not until recently that I developed feelings for her. I tried to hint it to her that i like her but she took it as I was talking about another girl. She kept asking who the girl for few minutes then stopped talking to me saying that she's tired (we haven't talk for few days after that). At the moment, i'm dealing with several complicated issues in life so I really don't want to have these feelings. Plus I have other reasons like I don't feel good enough for her.
So my question is... Should I straight up tell her that I like her and ask for a rejection through text? She always seem too busy with school and other activities. Meaning I can't tell her in person, only through text or phone call. I really want to get rid of this feeling.

Guest byahrista

Hi @fallin‌ :-h same here, newbie in this forum. Go call her and let her know. Otherwise it might end up one of your "what if" questions in your life. :-c or :-<

@yiric4 Lmao. I shed all over. Even at my own place! It's just nature for some of us, dude. Don't invite girls over if ya can't deal with it :P 
@fallin That's quite odd -- you want to tell her you like her and then ask her to reject you? That's sending mixed signals. You might as well not even say anything at all. Honestly, it sounds like you do want something out of it. Otherwise you wouldn't be so obsessed with wanting to tell her; that means you're thinking about her a lot. If you want the feelings to go away, just start doing your own thing and stop worrying about texting her. And if you are going to tell her, find a way to do it in person! But still, don't say you like someone and then tell them you don't want to see them, that's just confusing. @-)

Guest I_play_with_dolls

yiric4 said: Why do girls leave so much hair all over my apartment when they stay over? Does it mean she is interested in me or is it just shedding season?

Guest nana544

A question for my friend?

I asked my friend to go see a flower garden place with me.
She said okay, but after a day later she called and told me that she cannot go anymore because she have to do something.
A couple weeks later, I learned from another mutual friend of ours that she had gone to the place with her other friend.
This just makes me so sad because I thought that she would just be honest with me, if she didn't want to go with me.

Why is she doing this? Am I not deserving of her respect? And this is not the first time that something similar like this happen.