Ask The Ladies - Read First Post

Admin

Guest LUVSSOURCREAM
A few questions thanks ladies

1: What would you do if you liked a guy and he told you he'd rather be friends? Would you still try and get closer to him or would you keep your distance? Does dating in the past make any difference to your decision?

---then just stay friends, geez. but if he wants sex, you know what it means, fwb. if you're okay with it that is. and yes dating makes a difference in the decision. of course it does!

2: How often does age fit into your decisions when dating? Do you have any rules regarding who you date, like the fabled "Half guys' age + 7 years" rule?

---NO WAY, whoever came up with that and believed it is all B.S. but i would never date a guy significantly younger than me. ie. 3years

3: Would you rather be friends with someone first then date or would you date someone then become friends if it didn't work out?

---I can't control these kinds of situations nor do I have a preference. but for majority of the girls, for those guy friends that she has had for at least 3months usually remain guy friends. that is --till forever

4: Normally I don't meet/flirt with girls unless I find them attractive. Now that I think about it, I'm really not giving some beautiful girls the chance to show their me personality and I'm being really shallow. Is it wrong for me to meet girls who appear to attracted to me as potential friends rather than potential girlfriends?

--THE FACT IS...you're not giving girls who have personailities the chance. there is no right or wrong. you have to think if it's right for you or not. and this changes throughout your years btw.

4b: How can I avoid giving girls the wrong idea if I talking with her while she's flirting with me?

---so just flirt but don't make any promises you know you're not going to keep. and if you're already this concious, why are you playing with fire?

4c: Am I likely to fall into the friend zone permanently if I take this approach?

---NO. attraction is more than physical, it's feel also. and it's unexplainable. so no matter what you do, it all depends on everything.

Edit

2b: If you're attracted to someone will find out their real differs from how they look and act, change your leve of attraction completely?

---yes it changes, either you like them more or less. (wow surprisingly i understood this question)

~

Thanks Girls

if i pull out the phone, that means i'll get his number instead. and i'll decide in couple of days if i want to chat with him. if not, his # is deleted. sometimes i pull out the phone out so i can record their name down with their number. if i dont want to give out my number, but i happened to, i usually scratch my arm first, for i dont know why i do that. if i dont like him, i usually give out a fake number. man, sometimes they be telling me to repeat my number too :crazy: at that point i usually say "i gotta go look for my girls" kindly wave good bye and take off.

oh and why? bc we happen to run into each other.

i reject guys who ask like this "hey shawty, can i get yo digits?" thats when i walk right pass and pretend i dont even see them. im going to need a conversation before i give out numbers.

Guest Angxizzle

if im pulling out my phone that means im putting your number in my phone i dont take out my phone unless im doing that. i wouldnt just take a guy's number to be nice plus i already know my cell by heart so yeah haha. i dont usually give guys my number even if it would be a "nice" thing to do or whatever i dont want some guy callin me that i dont want calling me. imo,that's not worth it. =_=

Guest kireisnowtenshi

first off I dont give my number to any guy that doesnt have potential.

If Im flipping my phone out its cause I want him to know that Im actually going to get his number...like right then and there call me and then I'll add you sorta thing. No confusion..

Ive never given a guy that I wasnt interested in my number...only email. Its easier to ignore.

to your first quesiton, i think it means the girl want the guy to input her number & then call immediately so she will automatically get his number.

as for the second question, if i dont want a guy to have my number, i would just say something like "sorry dont have cell".

Guest luckymonkbrand777

Hey ladies! I got a couple questions...

1) All my guy friends tell me that to attract girls, I should act kinda richard simmons-holeish to them first, but then eventually turn out to be the nice guy. Is this really the right approach (I hope not cause I can't really act like a jerk)?

2) Whats a good way to show your girlfriend that you appreciate her?

Thanks!!

Guest 7thprincess

~

1: What would you do if you liked a guy and he told you he'd rather be friends? Would you still try and get closer to him or would you keep your distance? Does dating in the past make any difference to your decision?

2: How often does age fit into your decisions when dating? Do you have any rules regarding who you date, like the fabled "Half guys' age + 7 years" rule?

3: Would you rather be friends with someone first then date or would you date someone then become friends if it didn't work out?

4: Normally I don't meet/flirt with girls unless I find them attractive. Now that I think about it, I'm really not giving some beautiful girls the chance to show their me personality and I'm being really shallow. Is it wrong for me to meet girls who appear to attracted to me as potential friends rather than potential girlfriends?

4b: How can I avoid giving girls the wrong idea if I talking with her while she's flirting with me?

4c: Am I likely to fall into the friend zone permanently if I take this approach?

Edit

2b: If you're attracted to someone will find out their real differs from how they look and act, change your leve of attraction completely?

~

Thanks Girls

1.) i will respect his decision and just be friends. but i will try to get closer to him, and make him think: damn, why didnt i go out with her. hahah. lol. past dating experiences? like baggage? hahaha some baggage is kinda a turn off, like he is still sprung over his ex.

2.) one year younger. haha lol. i'm 20. and oldest is maybe ALMOST 10 yrs, if he is very charming. but usually its up to 6 yrs older.

3.) friends first. i have to be able to trust and believe him. i dont want to be with a stranger!

4.) you're a guy so that explains everything. lol. but it will be harder for you to find a potential mate. its a good thing that you noticed that!

4B!) just be honest and sincere. [dang there is a 4 b!]

4c) no, because i'm sure one of the girls who you saw as a "friend" probably likes you.

2b) depends on what they really are. if they really are a jackass then EW! but if they are sweet and nice then YAY!

1) All my guy friends tell me that to attract girls, I should act kinda richard simmons-holeish to them first, but then eventually turn out to be the nice guy. Is this really the right approach (I hope not cause I can't really act like a jerk)?

Thanks!!

1.) LOL! i can actually understand why some people believe in that. i guess its because girls like to tame the bad boy. but honestly, dont try to lie and be fake. if you are not a jerk, dont act like one. just be confident in yourself!

2.) say that you love her, do something romantic.

Guest 7thprincess

i would also like to get his number, so at least i know who is calling me. b/c sorry, i usually dont pick up phone calls if 1) i dont recognize the number/no caller id, or 2) its restricted. my theory is, if the call was important leave me a message, b/c if you dont. i wont call you back. so thats why i will need his number too.

yes it usually means that the girl wants your number as well.

i really dont give out my number as much. i only give my number to people who i feel comfortable with. if its a guy that i am interested in, i will give him my AIM, or facebook. and then if we meet more often, get to know each other better, then yes he can get my number.

Guest FusionGT2

first off thanks for all these replies.. i didnt expect that to be the answers, wow lol.

Pulling out my phone: I either want his number, or I'm checking the time (I don't wear a watch).

I don't give my number out unless necessary. Hesitation is usually a big give-away, which usually happens when a girl doesn't find a guy attractive (not just physically but in general) and doesn't want him to have her number/call her.

DUH, CALVIN! Use your brain!

muchlove!

-jisoo

you know whats funny? the girl said to me after i asked for her number.. "you know, i dont usually like to give out my number to players cuz they'd just ask for my # and never call back so whats the point? I dont like to play their games" and i just looked at her like :blink: "do i look like a player to you? im hella innocent!" and she paused and laughed..then said "ok ok.. ill give you my number". I think that was a shot down. hah.

Guest bebeboo.

well i pull out my phone because i don't know my number by heart, i'd never give a guy my number if i wasn't interested in him

a big sign that a girl wouldn't wanna give a guy her number would definitely be hesitation.

Guest forgottenmemories

Sometimes I forget my phone number so I have to whip out my cell phone and check it. And yes, when someone asks for my number I expect to get their number also. I don't like it when a random number call me and I don't know who it is. Lol.

Well, my bf wouldn't appreciate me giving out my number to a guy.

If it's like a classmate for school purposes, sure, but otherwise, no.

If the girl flips out their phone, it means they want your number, too. Unless it's those girls that don't know their own number and have to check it through their phone............

Guest pinkxstrawberry

Thanks!!

1) lmao! if u act like an a$$hole to them first then the first impression they ever get of u is that ur an a$$hole (which isnt a good thing :ph34r: )

2) I guess just to always be there for her and pay attention to the little things she says. i'd be flattered if i said somethin bout myself, e.g. wot my fav flower is then the next time we meet, he hands me a bouquet of my fave flowers or somethin. (corny...i kno <_< but i can't explain any better)

Guest bumpngrind

I'm trying to ask this one girl for hers. She's in my summer class. I've been gaming her up for weeks.

If she says no I don't know what I'll do lol...

I normally filter out phone calls, so I would need his # to know who to pick up and who to ignore. I don't see giving your phone number to a guy is a big deal, I guess its because I normally don't pick up phone calls unless I feel like talking to that person.

Guest saysjessi

~

I would give it up, because I'm not gonna chase after someone who's flat-out told me he's not interested. We can still be friends, though. The dating part of your question...I don't quite understand, sorry.

To me, age is not really a factor, although I prefer guys older than me. I would go as far as 15 years my senior, but I stop there because then it's like dating my youngest uncle, and that's kind of gross. But age is not a make-it-or-break-it thing.

Be friends first, then date. I don't stay friends with my ex-bf's.

Well, since you've acknowledged the issue yourself, maybe work on seeing past a girl's appearance to her potential. It's kind of hard, but basically just be more open to meeting all kinds of people, not just those who show interest in you. If she's flirting with you and you don't want to lead her on, then just don't flirt back. Be polite and direct, no subtle messages or entendres. To your last question, there's actually nothing wrong with only flirting with ladies you find attractive...it's natural selection, after all. But the more receptive you are to meeting girls who might not live up to first-impression-standards, the more choices you will have available. ...So no, you won't permanently be in the "friend zone."

Edit

It depends, I guess. I've been (strangely) attracted to guys who are kind of arrogant, but then later I see a side of them that's actually very warm-hearted and genuine, and it makes me more interested. On the other hand, I've experienced people who are exactly the opposite of that, and it turns me off right away.

Guest oneday

hi ladies,

would it be wise to ask your crush if he HAD any feelings for you? he asked me how to impress this other girl, so i'm assuming there's nothing between us now. But i'm curious as to if there ever was, should i ask, or hold my silence?

Guest FusionGT2

Update:

So originally I thought she gave me the wrong number cuz the area code she gave me was 301, and it was a Maryland area code (she originally said it was an LA area code). So I figured ok I'll try 310 cuz that's an LA area code, maybe she was buzzed so she gave me the wrong area code, and to my surprise, it really was an error! So yah.. we talked for a bit about last night and all. Good stuff.. thats all the info i can say for now *cough*

Guest abercrombie_lover

oneday

hi ladies,

would it be wise to ask your crush if he HAD any feelings for you? he asked me how to impress this other girl, so i'm assuming there's nothing between us now. But i'm curious as to if there ever was, should i ask, or hold my silence?

I say if you're interested you should ask him, but then again if he never have any feelings for you, then things are going to be different. He might act strange around you, maybe you should ask one of his friends to ask him.