Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

Explore time in a parallel universe

Written by: Czarina Casalla

I just finished watching The King: Eternal Monarch and I’m still having the “feels”. #SepAnx syndrome hits again. K-drama fanatics will surely understand the dilemma of having to move on from another masterpiece series.

So, if you are looking for a sign to watch this comeback series of Lee Min Ho, this is it! Let me tell you why watching this series is worthy of your time.

Spoiler

1. Lee Min Ho has this charm that we cannot resist!

Admit it! He has the looks of an ultimate oppa! His legs are really longer than my patience! Kidding aside, I really admire him ever since the first time I’ve watched him from Boys Over Flowers. The good old days!

2. Lee Min Ho and Kim Go Eun’s chemistry is undeniable.

This is the love team we did not expect, but it really turned out great! Aside from their chemistry, they portrayed their characters really well. I really wish to be Tae Eul even if it’s just for Episode 11! That episode was dope! I was at the edge of my seat!

I mean, can you imagine being the Queen of the Kingdom of Corea? The power you will hold!

3. Woo Do Hwan is a gem!

This is the first time I’ve watched him act and I am not even complaining. Acting as both the Unbreakable Sword and Eun Seop was remarkable! His visuals are no joke. Whenever I see him and Lee Gon on the screen, I am always mesmerized.

This series has a phenomenal cast! Kudos for the duality! The actors are really versatile and I truly admire them. 

4. The delicious food!

You will surely crave when you see Nari preparing the milk tea! I really want to go to The Alley!

That chicken and soju combination was also crazy! It always made me drool. I want to try mixing soju and beer also!

5. This series will surely activate your critical thinking!

This is not your usual series. You’ll be curious. You’ll have theories. You’ll think and think and think. The plot was wonderfully written and amazingly portrayed by the actors.

6. Camera angles are also commendable, same as to the setting of the scenes.

7. Apart from the technical aspects, this series will teach us that love has certainly no boundaries. We can explore the universe or we can even cross time. 

Indeed, a must-watch K-drama! Ready your snacks and go watch this series. It’s worth it!

source : https://annyeongoppa.com/2020/06/18/explore-time-in-a-parallel-universe/

• Like 5
  • Awesome 2

12 Heartbreaking K-Drama Quotes That Will Make You Ugly Cry

K-dramas are famous for being super kilig and funny, but what makes a lasting impact on us are the heartbreaking lines uttered by the characters we love, especially when the delivery is just right. Add a strategically-inserted OST to that, and well, you’re in a puddle of tears!

3. The King: Eternal Monarch

Lee Gon and Jung Tae Eul in The King: Eternal Monarch

There’s something about seeing the stubborn Lee Gon (Lee Min Ho) beg for the first time that makes you feel just how much he loves Jung Tae Eul (Kim Go Eun).

5. Legend Of The Blue Sea

“If I go back, how would I live, missing him? Even if I went back, living wouldn't be living. I could die here, or go there and live as though dead. It's all the same.”
- Sim Chung (Jun Ji Hyun)

Sim Chung and Heo Joon Jae’s (Lee Min Ho) love is so strong that it transcends centuries. However, just because they were able to meet years later doesn’t mean their fate will change. A classic case of star-crossed lovers, their story will make you use up a whole roll of tissue!

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://www.cosmo.ph/entertainment/heartbreaking-lines-kdramas-a4670-20200617?ref=home_feed_1

• Like 6
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, willenette said:

[HanCinema's News] Drama Rankings for Wavve in the Third Week of June Unveiled

photo1198539.jpg

In the recent rankings for the domestic South Korean streaming service Wavve, "The King: Eternal Monarch" topped all other performers in the third week of June. The news comes as little surprise, as "The King: Eternal Monarch" had just aired its final episode on June 12th. Though the drama underperformed expectations it was the only drama to specifically target a younger audience more likely to use Wavve.

(skipped unrelated.....)

To read FULL article : https://www.hancinema.net/hancinema-s-news-drama-rankings-for-wavve-in-the-third-week-of-june-unveiled-142416.html

This news website is terrible.  Most of the their articles giving very negative news about LMH and TKEM. It states very bias opinion with no fact to support. A good example is it claiming Studio Dragons stock fell due to TKEM we know is the complete opposite.  And an article claiming LMH can't save the project of his own and headlining the article as '[HanCinema's News] Lee Min-ho Faces Next Stage of Career in Uncertainty'. It makes me so furious and I bet ya the writer is jealous of LHM. OR worst trying to ride of LMH fame for click bait. 

• Like 7

You may find that the news about LMH's SNS followers and the success in Netflix was from MYM.
SBS only had the right of airing "The King" and SBS had earned enough before "The King" aired. And SBS mostly seems standing in a hostile position to Netflix. I may understand why there were poor promotions by SBS.
But why Studio Dragon ? After LOTBS airing, SD was accused by Knetz that they didn't publicize the great success of LOTBS in overseas countries. And now again for TKEM. A new record on Netflix has unexpectedly never been reported during the airing of TKEM.  :(

The only reason I can thought is because SD always got enough profit before LMH's drama aired. They don't need to pay much attention on further promotions.  B)

• Like 2
  • Sad 4
  • Love 5

35 minutes ago, gtLmh0622 said:

You may find that the news about LMH's SNS followers and the success in Netflix was from MYM.
SBS only had the right of airing "The King" and SBS had earned enough before "The King" aired. And SBS mostly seems standing in a hostile position to Netflix. I may understand why there were poor promotions by SBS.
But why Studio Dragon ? After LOTBS airing, SD was accused by Knetz that they didn't publicize the great success of LOTBS in overseas countries. And now again for TKEM. A new record on Netflix has unexpectedly never been reported during the airing of TKEM.  :(

The only reason I can thought is because SD always got enough profit before LMH's drama aired. They don't need to pay much attention on further promotions.  B)

So they only care about money. As long as they make their profit they don't care about the rest. This is annoying!! Are most dramas produced by SD? Is there any better production company? I wish LMH get better treatment from better production company in future. What makes me sad is that all these stuff isn't in LMH's hands. His only job is to portray his character and he always does his best. The rest is out of control. I am glad that LMH's company is active in terms of releasing news. 

I am not sure how the actors' agency can involve in dramas. I am sure MYM does it best for LMH. After all, MYM is his own agency. right?

• Like 8
  • Love 1

13 minutes ago, Nikaa94 said:

So they only care about money. As long as they make their profit they don't care about the rest. This is annoyiBNng!! Are most dramas produced by SD? Is there any better production company? I wish LMH get better treatment from better production company in future. What makes me sad is that all these stuff isn't in LMH's hands. His only job is to portray his character and he always does his best. The rest is out of control. I am glad that LMH's company is active in terms of releasing news. 

I am not sure how the actors' agency can involve in dramas. I am sure MYM does it best for LMH. After all, MYM is his own agency. right?

Yes, MYM is LMH's own agency.

Spoiler

Both writer KSH and PJE are under SD, but the promotions of Goblin were better than LOTBS. I have posted the DC comments saying people thought Goblin was more success in overseas than LOTBS because lack of articles to report how LOTBS got overseas achievements. 

These are soooooo cute.

0076Jd4lgy1gfwbbwo1ryj31kw1kwk07.jpg

0076Jd4lgy1gfwbbvlldrj31kw1kw7bo.jpg

0076Jd4lgy1gfwbbw5bdhj31kw1kwwkv.jpg

Spoiler

0076Jd4lgy1gfwbbx6texj31kw1kwaga.jpg

0076Jd4lgy1gfwbbtwn11j31kw1kwgqz.jpg

0076Jd4lgy1gfwbbud3q5j31kw1kwq93.jpg

0076Jd4lgy1gfwbbsurdxj31kw1kwah7.jpg

0076Jd4lgy1gfwbbv1xj3j31kw1kw7c1.jpg

0076Jd4lgy1gfwbbtekl8j31kw1kwteg.jpg

cr Logo

• Love 7

Is LMH still ambassador for innisfree?  Where can we find the list of all his current endorsement? :relaxed: 

bbq chicken+ the coffee+red jinseng+ Domino Pizza, the LED mask, what else? I want morrrree:lol:

By the way, I miss LMH!! No IG updates?:bawling: 

• Like 6

27 minutes ago, syntyche said:

Maximus, the clingy horse :lol:

cr: Byul E

syntyche, thanks for sharing the pictures.  You know, horses can feel equine separation anxiety, too - Do you think he's feeling this toward LMH right now? Anxiety caused by separation from friend. Friendships and bonds. Horses and ponies nearly always form really strong friendships. Horses get emotionally attached, too - Yes, they do! Very much so. And they have long memories for both the humans they've bonded with in a positive way and the ones who have damaged or abused or frightened them. Ye, there are really horses that are just ridiculously clingy whether it’s his owner, his best friend or even one he met 10 mins. ago! Separating horses from their buddies can be problematic and sometimes even dangerous to horse and handler— :blush:

59 minutes ago, Nikaa94 said:

So they only care about money. As long as they make their profit they don't care about the rest. This is annoying!! Are most dramas produced by SD? Is there any better production company? I wish LMH get better treatment from better production company in future. What makes me sad is that all these stuff isn't in LMH's hands. His only job is to portray his character and he always does his best. The rest is out of control. I am glad that LMH's company is active in terms of releasing news. 

Nikaa as far as I know, not all K-dramas were produced by them. I know they produced (2) dramas of LMH : LOBTS & TKEM. (Others were : On the Way to the Airport / Woman with A Suitcase / Touch Your Heart / Arthdal Chronicles / Doctor John / Crash Landing On You / Goblin) But, they were part of most dramas where they were planner/creator &developer. They have many directors & writers under their wing. Actually, Netflix's pact with Studio Dragon is a three-year deal that begins this year (2020). It's focused on content co-production. Studio Dragon is Korea's largest scripted television production studio. Netflix has a large roster of Korean series from Studio Dragon.  There are also some good film/video production companies in SK aside from CJ Entertainment - Lotte Entertainment is one, Showbox & Sidus. Press releases & news are always worth it for Management Company or Label. It's important for marketing, in general. It always connects with many people especially fans across the globe. That's why, having a Management Company (Manager)  is very important to an actor.  Their job is to defend and support the interests of their talents. Whether a drama or movie, the producer and director negotiate them with their agents & not directly to actors.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

LMH's instagram followers increased to 16.7-->16.8 M :glasses:

@willenette Thanks for the information!! It was interesting to know. So does LMH's agents decide what LMH acts? Lets say LMH wants a type of character but his agents suggest a different one. Which one they choose? or LMH tells his agents what he wants and they search between the offers like looking for candy? lol :lol:  Are there experts to analyze script and tell LMH how well the drama can do? sorry I ask a lot. I am curious to know. I hope LMH has best agents and experts to handle for him.

• Like 4

Lee Minho Has Over 65 Million Followers on His Social Media Accounts

@willenette, In the BTS videos, we see Maximus getting clingy again with LMH. Their bond is quite admirable. I wouldn't be surprised if if Maximus is experiencing some separation anxiety now that they're done with the project.

@Heretorant, WDH is in good (and handsome!) company with LMH and friends. Imagine seeing the four together; such an epic sight to see :D

• Like 2
  • Awesome 4

35 minutes ago, Nikaa94 said:

LMH's instagram followers increased to 16.8 M :glasses:

@willenette Thanks for the information!! It was interesting to know. So does LMH's agents decide what to act? Lets say LMH wants a type of character but his agents suggest a different one. Which one they choose? or LMH tells his agents what he wants and search between the offers? lol :lol:

Nikaa, there are various kinds of showbusiness agents throughout the world of entertainment. Different agents cater to different areas of the entertainment business and so researching for the right fit is essential. So, if the Management agent (with manager) sees potential for any drama/movie, he or she may sign the actor, figuring they have to talk to the actor first prior final decision. This usually applies to most popular & bankable/successful stars. That's why, it’s not unusual for an actor to have a variety of agents. Because if you are signed with an agent, it means you are strictly bound, and can't get out of the contract. Normally, in order to best serve their talents, agents will only handle a certain number of actors for which they are able to keep track of, giving them their own Managers if these actors are bankable. Of course the large agencies can handle many actors under their wing. Both should be familiar with each other so they could compromise - the Agency & the manager should know whom the actor wants to work with. If the agency is dealing with one of their bankable stars, they should always consult with the actor everything prior final decision. :blush:

"King" Lee Min Ho shows vague pictures of his night walk on beach, captivating with perfect physique

202006180955775893_5eeabc4bb85ec.jpg

Actor Lee Min Ho revealed images of him walking on the beach at night.

On June 17, Lee Min Ho posted on his personal SNS some photos of him on the beach in casual clothes.

202006180955775893_5eeabc4c1f42e.jpg

In the photos, Lee Min Ho is wearing a jacket hoodie and not showing his face but still capturing attention with his perfect physique and admirable 187cm height.

On the other hand, Lee Min Ho has shown his passionate acting in the role of King Lee Gon of the Korean Empire in the drama "The King: Eternal Monarch" which just ended last week.

[OSEN = Reporter Kang Seo Jung] kangsj@osen.co.kr [Photo] Lee Min Ho's SNS

Everything Idol, Everyday Exclusive

https://vtoday.vlive.tv/home

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Minoz!! Why didn't TKEM have wrap up party? I don't get it!! I am lurking in MinEun thread and saw a picture of a different sbs drama which had wrap up party. Why not us?:bawling:  I wanna see the cast one last time together.

• Sad 3

202006181523774584_5eeb0fd98b3ba.jpg

Good Data Corporation, a TV analysis agency,  has released its survey on June 15 after analyzing netizens' reactions from news articles, blogs, communities, videos and SNS for 22 dramas that are or are scheduled to be broadcast from June 8 to 14.

SBS' "The King: Eternal Monarch" ended with the drama topping the list for two consecutive weeks. Lee Min-ho topped the popularity list, while Kim Go-eun ranked fourth.

http://osen.mt.co.kr/article/G1111377026

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 2

38 minutes ago, Nikaa94 said:

Minoz!! Why didn't TKEM have wrap up party? I don't get it!! I am lurking in MinEun thread and saw a picture of a different sbs drama which had wrap up party. Why not us?:bawling:  I wanna see the cast one last time together.

Let me cry with you :bawling::crybaby:

Why do I feel like TKEM was treated unfairly?

They deserve better! Lmh deserves better! 

• Sad 4

9 minutes ago, Heretorant said:

Let me cry with you :bawling::crybaby:

Why do I feel like TKEM was treated unfairly?

They deserve better! Lmh deserves better! 

You know in wrap up parties OTP usually stand up in front of the whole cast and team and hug for the last time. I wanted to see pics of LMH and KGE hugging again.:tears: Then seeing a lot of pics and videos from fans would have been fun. This is so unfair that I don't know what to say!! I don't want LMH-KGE and the rest to ever work with sbs!

They deserved a great wrap up party after 8 MONTHS of working so hard!!!:tears:  A Korean drama with world ranking 9th should be treated differently!!

• Sad 4

1 minute ago, Nikaa94 said:

You know in wrap up parties OTP usually stand up in front of the whole cast and team and hug for the last time. I wanted to pics of LMH and KGE hugging again.:tears: Then getting a lot of pics and videos from fans would have been fun. This is so unfair that I don't know what to say!! I don't want LMH-KGE and the rest to ever work with sbs!

:bawling::bawling::bawling:

:crybaby:

NOT FAIR! 

I hope they never work with SBS ever again! EVER! 

• Sad 4

Must-Visit Filming Locations of "The King: Eternal Monarch"

must-visit-filming-locations-of-the-king

Are you ready to travel and get that thrilling and excitement from the places King Gon and Maximus stayed? Or where Tae Eul and the King met? The scenic spots where the cast exactly uttered their lines? If yes, jot down these filming spots of "The King: Eternal Monarch" on your bucket list to travel when time permits!

Ahopsan Forest

Must-Visit Filming Locations
(Photo : Twitter, Instagram)

Must-Visit Filming Locations "The King: Eternal Monarch"

The Scene: Where the obelisk opens and Lee Min Ho with Kim Go Eun met many times as they continue to find their destiny

This is where the majestic bamboo forest was featured in the drama series, where everyone finds the gateway to from the Kingdom of Corea to Korea.

Such a location is never new in catering to Korean drama series. "My Sassy Girl," "100 Days My Prince", and "Emperor: Rule of the Mask" also took place in Ahopsan Forest, where other pine trees stretched along the forest have been preserved for the longest time.

The forest has been owned and managed by a family for more than 400 years.

Gwanghwum Square

Must-Visit Filming Locations “The King: Eternal Monarch”

The Scene: Where Lee Min Ho first met Kim Go Eun in his regal entrance with Maximus

This is a historical place, a landmark, and a symbol of Seoul's long history as the capital city. It is where during the Joseon Dynasty that the gate has gone through multiple destructions.

Taepyeong Salt Farm

The Scene: Where Lee Rim conducts his meeting and hides all his accomplices against the King

This is one of the tourist spots that people choose to visit for a tour around Korea. Considered as one of the largest sun-dried salt producers in Korea, visitors are given a chance to experience how to extract salt from seawater.

Spoiler

Jungri Sports Park

The Scene: The picturesque scene of Lee Min Ho and Kim Go Eun talking while autumn leaves were falling

King Gon stared at her and fell in love with her natural beauty. This is a perfect place to take a walk, biking, or just have fun and take the picturesque scenery.

Woljeonggyo Bridge

The Scene: Captain Jo Yeong met Lady Ok-Nam as they tried to wait for King Gon's return, who fled without letting them know 

It is the longest footbridge made of wood in Korea. Woljeonggyo had been built during the Silla Dynasty for more than 1000 years ago.

Gyesan Catholic Cathedral

The Scene: Lee Min Ho attended a funeral with Woo Do Hwan and his appearance after his time travel to Korea

The ancient architectural design was rebuilt in 1902 and is one of the earlier churches in Daegu.

Dadaepo Beach

The Scene: Lee Min Ho travels inside the axis realm where no life existed. 

The beach has no sand but a mudflat. It features shallow water and wide sand filed. This one is located in the far west of Busan.

A perfect place for a family vacation where a lot of activities are available.

Paradise City Hotel Resort

The Scene: Lee Min Ho and Jo Yeong stayed in this place while they visited the Republic of Korea. 

It has been renamed as the Royal Infinity Hotel for the series. Lee Min Ho stayed at the hotel's Grand Deluxe Pool Villa with its grandest amenities.

source : Kdramastars

https://www.kdramastars.com/articles/118127/20200616/visit-filming-locations-king-eternal-monarch.htm

• Like 2
  • Love 4

1 hour ago, Nikaa94 said:

LMH's instagram followers increased to 16.7-->16.8 M :glasses:

@willenette Thanks for the information!! It was interesting to know. So does LMH's agents decide what LMH acts? Lets say LMH wants a type of character but his agents suggest a different one. Which one they choose? or LMH tells his agents what he wants and they search between the offers like looking for candy? lol :lol:  Are there experts to analyze script and tell LMH how well the drama can do? sorry I ask a lot. I am curious to know. I hope LMH has best agents and experts to handle for him.

Heard that LMH chose his project (drama/film) by himself even when he was in Starhaus. Starhaus arranged his schedule, etc. But he read the scripts offered to him and decided which one to take.
He's very professional and careful for his works. When he attended the events, he even confirmed each details to avoid any bad effect.

• Love 7
  • Awesome 1

1 hour ago, syntyche said:

Lee Minho Has Over 65 Million Followers on His Social Media Accounts

syntyche, thanks for sharing this.  Lee Min Ho's Instagram account had millions of followers before The King: Eternal Monarch aired on April 17. But by the time the last episode was aired on June 12, he had increased more millions of followers and the numbers are still growing. :blush:

WATCH: Lee Min Ho and Kim Go Eun's Heart-Melting Kissing Scenes in "The King: Eternal Monarch"

watch-lee-min-ho-and-kim-go-euns-heart-m

Lee Min Ho and Kim Go Eun took love and fate to a different level. Their kissing scenes are taking the web-wide world by storm, and their chemistry goes beyond what is expected. 

watch-lee-min-hos-all-i-want-is-your-kis

Would you agree that Lee Min Ho is indeed good at kissing scenes? When King Gon kissed Jung Tae Eul on her neck in episode 12, the ratings skyrocketed. The scene has gone viral, and netizens still can't get over it.

It seems, though, that the two became more comfortable, had fun, and connected during the entire scene after a bunch of smooches that they shared onscreen.

Why don't we relive the moments and watch these kissing scenes? Let us know what you think!

Spoiler

Prove It With A Kiss

Taken in episode 5, where Jung Tae-Eul (Kim Go Eun) first arrived in the Kingdom of Corea. Lady Ok-Nam lets her sleep in one of the farthest ends in the palace chambers, but King Gon (Lee Min Ho) finds his way entering the room through the terrace to be with her. She teased her if he knew anything about dating - well, he showed her what he got by a kiss!

Law of Kissing

Taken in episode 9, King Gon expressed his sentiments of leaving Jung Tae Eul in her world. He wanted to take her to his kingdom but she declines. She cares about her father, friends, and the life she has.

King Gon:

I think I'm gonna miss you so much

Can't you come with me?

Can't you live with me? In my world?

A Sad Kiss

Taken in episode 10, King Gon travels even in the hardest time to tell Jung Tae Eul he loves her. He gave her a blue delphinium flower, which symbolizes dignity, grace, and remembrance. He kissed Jung Tae Eul and disappeared.

Kim Go Eun became emotional in this part, where she continued to cry while watching her scene at the monitor.

The Neck Kiss

Taken in episode 12, Jung Tae Eul is taking a rest in the master's chamber. The burning scar is giving King Gon pain, which Jung Tae Eul worries if she has too. King Gon teased her of getting beheaded, and Jung Tae Eul offered her neck. Not only does she was surprised but all the viewers and the online world were over the moon. Fans would comment, "the neck kiss surpasses all the kissing scenes," and they didn't lie!

The Promise Kiss

Taken in episode 16, King Gon traveled far and opened all doors in the universe to find Jung Tae Eul. He tried to find the woman he loves even with the uncertainty that she will remember him. It's just simply moving and swept us off our feet, seeing His Majesty defy the odds to be with his beloved.

A Kiss Of Love And Fate

Taken in episode 16, King Gon brought Jung Tae Eul in the security room to check and delete any videos recorded. They saw Jo Yeong (Woo Do Hwan) and Seung Ah's (Kim Yong Ji) sweet moments. King Gon got more convinced that theirs are dramatic and full of love. 

source : Kdramastars

https://www.kdramastars.com/articles/118137/20200617/watch-lee-min-ho-kim-go-euns-heart-melting-kissing.htm

• Like 9
  • Awesome 2