Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2025: Ask the Stars; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint; Completed drama Pachinko Season 2 on Apple TV+

CarolynH

Lee Min Ho shares his experience visiting the DMZ while filming a documentary

lee-min-ho_1490823281_af_org.jpg

"All the soldiers stationed at the DMZ were very young. I felt a sense of guilt," stated actor Lee Min Ho as he shared his experience setting foot in the Korean Demilitarized Zone while filming MBC documentary 'The Wild.'

On March 29, Lee Min Ho attended a press conference for MBC documentary 'The Wild' in Seoul. The actor took the time to narrate MBC's special project, documenting the natural scenery inside the DMZ territory.

He explained two reasons why he decided to embark on this project: one being his interest in documentary films, and two being the DMZ itself. Lee Min Ho expressed how he nervous he felt as soon as he arrived at the site.  

Working as both the presenter and staff at times, the actor mentioned how he stayed at the DMZ for a duration of 2 nights and 3 days. About his own upcoming enlistment, Lee Min Ho commented, "Like any other actor leaving for the army, I am sad to be parting with everyone; however, it will only be for a short while. I would like to work on as many projects as I can before entering the military."

Furthermore, director Kim Jung Min stated how Lee Min Ho decided to take part in the project for free, proving his passion in creating the documentary.

MBC documentary special 'The Wild' is set to air on April 3.

lee-min-ho_1490823381_1703292026575210.j

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2017/03/lee-min-ho-shares-his-experience-visiting-the-dmz-while-filming-a-documentary

• Like 7

LMH - TOP 1 of Weibo Chart for Mar. 2017 :

005Ep0P8ly1fe70v6wn44j30kz09kaal.jpg

cr as tagged

And Korean news :  http://m.starseoultv.com/news/articleView.html?idxno=453638#04yr@

Partial translation by Google :

[Global K Star Ranking] Lee Min-ho, China's popular 'first place' for 4 consecutive weeks

Lee Min-ho has won the top spot in China for 4 consecutive weeks.

Lee Minho, who announced that he was the first natural documentary presenter in Korea last week, will start the prologue on April 3 and proceed through the trilogy until June.

DMZ, the Wilder, is a new type of natural documentary in which the presenter participates throughout the shooting period of 1 year and 5 months from October 2015 to March 2017.

Lee Minho accompanied the crew along with the production crew at the most important shooting time of the production period, and met with the endangered otter, the Sulfur Plum and the Sparkling Seal, I was able to confirm it in front of the scene.

For the first time in Korea, actor Lee Min Ho lived with the production crew for up to 30 degrees Celsius while lurking in the UHD camera for the shocking wild ecology of the DMZ.  

DMZ is the only demilitarized zone in the world and the most severe place on the peninsula. Ecology of endangered animals that can only be found here. The moment of the moment together. DMZ called as the battleground of wildlife paradise, or distorted survival. The story of Lee Min Ho's DMZ wild animals will be revealed at MBC 'DMZ, The Wild' at 11 pm on April 3.

• Like 9

8 hours ago, gtLmh0622 said:

LMH - TOP 1 of Weibo Chart for Mar. 2017 :

cr as tagged

And Korean news :  http://m.starseoultv.com/news/articleView.html?idxno=453638#04yr@

Partial translation by Google :

[Global K Star Ranking] Lee Min-ho, China's popular 'first place' for 4 consecutive weeks

Lee Min-ho has won the top spot in China for 4 consecutive weeks.

L

thank you so much chingu but do I misremember ? Is this for 4 consecutive weeks? I remember for consecutive months

• Like 1

3 hours ago, leeminhosny said:

thank you so much chingu but do I misremember ? Is this for 4 consecutive weeks? I remember for consecutive months

LMH was Top 1 of Weibo Chart for consecutive weeks and months (Feb. & Mar.). 
And SSTV Global K Star ranking is a weekly chart as well but I don't remember if there is monthly chart.

I think Taiwan Iqiyi bought the rights of MBC Documentary - DMZ, The Wild. (Soooooooo great !!!!!!)
"DMZ, The Wild" 5 minutes trailer with Chinese subs on Taiwan Iqiyi :

http://tw.iqiyi.com/v_19rrb51x9c.html#curid=643534700_86d009dd39842ea6d4511e90fe5174b9

Sorry, it seems that the link is not linked to the 5 minutes trailer, the 5 minutes trailer is the fifth one on the right side. please click the one with my yellow mark when you enter above web page.

005Uf2zYgy1fe7ktzda7cj31390m5kbp.jpg

And this is the web page of "DMZ, The Wild" on Taiwan Iqiyi, you may find the trailers :

http://tw.iqiyi.com/a_19rrh9iilx.html

• Like 10

My translation is according to Chinese translation.

0:01 Q : What is your feeling for participating in “DMZ, THE WILD” ?
    LMH : The first thing in my mind is……Ah !!! Why did I agree to do this ???
              Was there something I misunderstood ?   Why did I agree to do this ?  
              To be honest, that was the first thing in my mind.

0:15 Why Lee Min Ho ssi agree to participate this documentary ?

0:18 (Sub) The first day of participating the documentary production.

0:20 This is what he looks like at the beginning of filming.

0:21 LMH : What is this ? It seems considerably comfortable.

0:22 (Sub) : Presenter Lee Min Ho was still immersed in comforts.

0:26 Aren’t you nervous ?

0:29 LMH : I think you won’t let me die ! Won’t be really to die ?

0:37 Finally, the protagonist of today appeared.

0:44 But, our presenter didn’t say any word.
(sub) tremble tremble   Pupil enlarge

0:52 LMH : In fact, this is the starting.
(sub) The second day of participating the documentary production.

1:06 Our presenter still didn’t say any word when he saw a group of ants.

1:09 (sub) After several months, in a certain forest.

1:12 One day, when the executive PD was very upset , we met Lee Min Ho ssi again in a forest of DMZ.

1:22 LMH : Excrement of Siberian musk deer.

1:24 Now, our presenter Lee Min Ho can recognize the animal just according to the shape of excrement.
(sub) The genius of Nature Documentary.

1:32 This time, it’s the difficult thing even to the snake catcher – catch the snake by hand. 
(sub) This time is snake……

1:39 Turned to be a skillful man that even the snake catcher would feel ashamed.

1:44 (sub) Lee Min Ho, actually what happened to him ?

2:08 The whole filming spent 700 days. DMZ - the land no human trespasses. Lee Min Ho ssi , being the presenter and one of the production team, participated in the filming works.

2:22 (sub) presenter, photographer, driver, he played several characters.

2:27 In the times of no human trespasses, DMZ became the lands of them. In there, the human beings are the uninvited guests. When we entered in DMZ, they came to face us.

2:40 (sub) Executive PD.

2:44 (sub) Ecologist.

2:55 LMH: Ah!! I’m beat. Run away after beating.

3:11 The land where we were in is not an Eden for us.

3:16 LMH : In this island, the birds came here in DMZ for survival.

3:23 LMH : Bird feces.

3:29 (sub) The time that have to endure the bird feces and beatings.

3:33 (sub) One sentence appeared in my mind once again.

3:35 (sub) Why did I agree to do this ?

3:42 And then now, we will show you the results of tears and bird feces for 700 days.

3:50 (sub) Mine

3:58 (sub) No entry

4:40 But, it’s not over. DMZ, where we were going, was not an Eden, but was a battlefield. We could see the dead bodies everywhere and some died strangely. We chased the shadow of the death. Finally, faced the unimaginable cruel facts in DMZ. DMZ, the journey of finding the red paradise, we invite you secretly.

• Like 11

@gtLmh0622 Xie xie, chinguya :wub: definitely much better when we know what's being said. Our boy is so adorable in the BTS, but just like a pro, he's serious with the work. 

He had to endure a lot, poor Mino-ssi 

6787f285gy1fe8dku6vwqg20hs0a0qv6.gif

But he, more than anyone, knows that only pain brings glory :)

6787f285gy1fe8dklzvcgg20al088e81.gif

I was laughing so much at " ....then a line comes to

mind again, 'Why did I agree to do this?'" :D

• Like 10

2 hours ago, gtLmh0622 said:

0:01 Q : What is your feeling for participating in “DMZ, THE WILD” ?
    LMH : The first thing in my mind is……Ah !!! Why I agreed to do this ???
              Was there something I misunderstood ?   Why I agreed to do this ?  
              To be honest, that was the first thing in my mind.

hahaha Minho is so funny:grin: thank you so much

5grQZM.jpg2rm9G0.jpg1Lmg81.jpg37BqX4.jpggqzWN2.jpg

7qEyEv.jpgLy7OdG.jpgqb1J95.jpgojP6zm.jpg697y6P.jpg

• Like 9

5 hours ago, pixie0622 said:

@gtLmh0622 Xie xie, chinguya :wub: definitely much better when we know what's being said. Our boy is so adorable in the BTS, but just like a pro, he's serious with the work. 

He had to endure a lot, poor Mino-ssi 

But he, more than anyone, knows that only pain brings glory :)

I was laughing so much at " ....then a line comes to

mind again, 'Why did I agree to do this?'" :D

Thank you so much @gtLmh0622 !!   Appreciate your effort.  :heart:

@pixie0622    He does have a very positive and cheerful disposition in and outside of work. I too am surprised he accepted this kind of project when he rarely does reality shows (pro bono too).    I admire him more for this !  He went thru some hardships and there were risks involved with this kind of work, especially with the wild animals.. so glad that everything went smoothly.   I can't wait to see the whole show.   

• Like 10