Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Pachinko Season 2 Aug 23 on Apple TV+; Upcoming Drama 2025: Ask the Stars; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

*** Pachinko Season 2 is all geared up for its release on August 23. The upcoming season will focus on the life of Sun Ja and her family in Osaka amid World War II. I also expect Season 2 to focus on Lee Min Ho's character. While Lee Min Ho did not have a lot of screen time in the first season of Pachinko, it is expected that he will get more appearances. Despite the shorter screen time, Lee Min Ho successfully managed to make an impact in the drama with his acting. Even though Ko Han Su is depicted as the villain, the series gives him a more human look when his father passes away and he loses his dreams. It is likely that due to Lee Min Ho's impact on the drama, Ko Han Su's character will be explored more. Pachinko Season 1 revealed that Ko Han Su finally meets his and Sun Ja's son Noa. The new season will explore the relationship and dynamic shared by these three characters and Ko Han Su wants to get involved in the lives of Sun Ja and Noa. He wishes to be there as a caring father and also take care of Sun Ja. The trailer for season 2 hinted at a newfound affection between Ko Han Su and Sun Ja as they meet after 14 years. Kon Han Su is aware of the consequences of the ongoing war and keeps warning Sun Ja that everything is going to change. Season 2 is set in 1945 Japan.   :emmm:

1479314106_pachinko-season-2-poster.jpg

• Like 3

*** In a recent interview with Access, Lee Min Ho was asked about Rosé’s cover of Coldplay‘s “Viva La Vida,” which can be heard in the trailer. While Lee Min Ho spoke in Korean, the translator shared his fond feelings for Rosé’s cover and how it worked with the vibes of Pachinko 2.  :smooches2:

I really loved the tone of Rosé and when I heard that Rosé was going to cover ‘Viva La Vida’ for Pachinko, it was a pleasure for me. I think her singing and her tone really added a depth and layer to the trailer for the movie. So I really liked watching it and how she interpreted the song.

— Lee Min Ho

• Like 3

Pachinko Season 2 is already generating buzz as 'the best drama of our era', even before its official premiere

With just one day left, prepare to witness Minho's dedicated performance in this masterpiece. Another iconic role is on the horizon

And don't forget to revisit how to watch <Pachinko> Season 2 on Apple TV+.

Mark your calendars for August 23rd!

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Love 3

*** Lee Min-ho talked about his portrayal of Han-su at the press conference for Apple TV+’s “Pachinko” Season 2 held on August 23rd at a hotel in Samseong-dong, Gangnam-gu, Seoul. Lee Min Ho described Hansu as a "person who survives" and mentioned that he aimed to portray Hansu's deeper desires and human emotions. Lee Min-ho explained that Han-su’s obsession with Sun-ja and his desire for a child without marriage was more about possession than love. He acknowledged that men’s understanding of women was lacking at the time, leading Han-su to prioritize his own feelings and disregard Sun-ja’s responses. Lee Min-ho humorously added that if Han-su were a character in today’s world, he would likely receive poor reviews.   :getmygrooveon:

20240823122203062lycl.jpg

source : https://v.daum.net/v/20240823122201433

• Like 3

MORE --   :partyblob:

*** On Lee Min Ho during the morning of August 23rd, press conference for Apple TV+’s “Pachinko” Season 2 took place at the Grand InterContinental Seoul Parnas in Samseong-dong, Gangnam-gu, Seoul. Lee Min-ho commented on his experience at the press day in the U.S., “I didn’t see the reaction from all over the world, but I did catch a glimpse of the response from New York. I was pleased to receive such excessive love during Season 1. It was wonderful to interact with those who appreciated the drama before it was officially released.

20240823114729233xgff.jpg

source : https://v.daum.net/v/20240823114728305

• Blob 3

‘Pachinko Season 2’ Preview: Sunja’s Struggles Continue as New Challenges Emerge

still_01-1.jpg

The first episode of the highly anticipated second season of Pachinko premieres today on Apple TV+. The series, praised for its sweeping narrative and stunning visuals, returns to continue the story that spans Korea, Japan, and the United States, exploring themes of love, war, and identity across generations.

In this new season, the story picks up seven years after the events of Season 1, starting in 1945 Osaka. As the threat of World War II looms, Sunja (Kim Min Ha) struggles to protect her family in the face of mounting challenges. Meanwhile, in 1989 Tokyo, Solomon (Jin Ha) is pushed to make difficult decisions as he fights to reclaim his place in the world.

still_02-1.jpg

still_03.jpg

Season 1 saw Sunja’s life turned upside down after meeting Hansu (Lee Min Ho), leading her to leave her home and mother behind to build a new life in Osaka with her husband, Isak (Noh Sang Hyun). Despite the hardships of being in a foreign land, Sunja, along with Isak’s brother Yoseb (Han Jun Woo) and his wife Kyunghee (Jung Eun Chae), managed to carve out a new life. But just as things seemed to be settling, an unexpected crisis arose, closing out the season on a cliffhanger.

Season 2 dives deeper into Sunja’s determination to overcome the challenges brought on by Isak’s choices and her struggle to ensure a better future for her son, Noa. As Sunja is forced to make dangerous decisions for her family’s survival, the show also follows the older Sunja (Youn Yuh Jung) in 1989 Tokyo, as she worries about Solomon’s relentless drive to succeed, no matter the cost.

Spoiler

still_04.jpg

Even before its release, Pachinko Season 2 has been met with critical acclaim from international media. The season will consist of eight episodes, with new episodes dropping every Friday on Apple TV+ from August 23rd through October 11th.

Source: Apple TV+

• Like 1

https://news.sbs.co.kr/news/endPage.do?news_id=N1007773705&plink=TWEET&cooper=TWITTER

[SBS Star] Lee Minho Says He Often Gets Scolded by Lee Jung Jae for Having Gaps Between His Works 

Actor Lee Minho talked about how sunbae actor Lee Jung Jae motivates him.

On August 23, Lee Minho and Kim Min Ha, the stars of Apple TV+'s television series 'Pachinko', had an interview about the upcoming season two of the series at Grand InterContinental Seoul Parnas in Gangnam-gu, Seoul.

Lee Minho, who made his Hollywood debut with the first season of 'Pachinko', spoke about Lee Jung Jae, who recently ventured into Hollywood with Disney+'s television series 'The Acolyte'.

"Lee Jung Jae is the actor I've been talking to the most lately.", said Lee Minho.

"He always tells me I'm a talented actor and should keep working on projects without having a gap between them. He brings it up and scolds me about it whenever we grab a drink together."

"When he tells me something like that, I feel motivated. He's always like, 'You're a good actor. Therefore, it's important to keep pushing yourself without pause.'. Getting those comments from a sunbae actor I respect is very motivating.", Lee Minho remarked.

Lee Minho continued, "Lee Jung Jae and I don't talk about big things. We usually discuss the importance of having the right attitude rather than how to expand into bigger markets."

"In my case, I'm willing to participate in any project with a good story, regardless of the country. I don't care about the role's size or how much screen time I get. I've been looking through various scripts with an open mind.", the actor added. 

When asked about the lengthy gap between his last project and this one, which has raised concerns among his fans, Lee Minho sighed and said, "I know, right?"

"The previous one took a long time to complete, with a filming process that lasted a year. I happened to constantly choose large-scale projects that take a long time to finish.", the actor explained.

"I didn't want to take a break this year. I was eager to jump into the next project as soon as the shooting of 'Pachinko' wrapped up. However, I guess I'll have to take a break at least until the latter part of this year. We're already there, though.", Lee Minho added.

201976691_1280.jpg

Meanwhile, the first episode of 'Pachinko' season two will premiere on August 23; each episode will be released weekly every Friday until October 11.

• Like 2

Based on what he said, it seems like he will start a new project soon. The filming of his next work may begin in 2025, which is why he mentioned that he will take a break until at least the second half of this year. What do you guys think?

On 8/1/2024 at 9:47 PM, willenette said:

@Nikaa   I hope so.....  Pachinko will be fun, but I guess this time I’ll wait until all episodes are out before I start watching. Hehehe – I hope I can do this.  :yaaa:

I am waiting until all the episodes are released.

@CarolynH Is Sharisma a drink?

On 8/13/2024 at 1:34 AM, willenette said:

*** On August 13, Lee Min Ho posted a series of pictures on his personal Instagram with the caption, "Hansu & Sunja in New York”.  We could see both of them clicking pictures and laughing while enjoying the day in New York.   :coolshades:

https://www.instagram.com/p/C-l_bbzsV2f/?hl=en&img_index=7

Both LMH and KMH look so cute together in NYC.  Think they make a good pair or she is too young?

• Like 1