Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Pachinko Season 2 Aug 23 on Apple TV+; Upcoming Drama 2025: Ask the Stars; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

Happy Belated Birthday LEE MIN HO!  :partyblob::grin:

On 6/22/2024 at 10:41 AM, willenette said:

thanks for sharing this. Lee Min Ho turned 37

37 Korean age or real age?

• Like 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

5 hours ago, CallieP said:

Happy Belated Birthday LEE MIN HO!  :partyblob::grin:

37 Korean age or real age?

@CallieP  International/western age. On December 8, 2022 the South Korean parliament passed a law that would get rid of Korea’s two traditional methods of counting age.From June 2023, the so-called “Korean Age” system will no longer be permitted on official documents. It means that everyone in Korea will effectively become younger through their system.    The switch to the international age system took effect last year (2023).  :kitty:

• Like 3

On 6/21/2024 at 4:36 PM, Lindyloo421 said:

Thank you to everyone for your best wishes. I  enjoy being part of this LMH community. I really enjoyed TKEM this time round- still in hospital so have started on Personal Taste on Viki. It’s so witty I love it and think it is so underrated -  Son ye- Jin and Minho act so well together- and both such big stars now.

Have not been here recently, hope you are better now. :foryou:

This gift is sooooo cute. 

GQyLDN_WQAAyL4p?format=jpg&name=900x900

GQyLDLQXQAEPCTL?format=jpg&name=medium

cr. Logo

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

9 best shows like Queen of Tears

• The Legend of the Blue Sea

• Cast: Jun Ji Hyun, Lee Min Ho
  • Release year: 2016
  • Genre: Fantasy, romance, comedy 
  • Where to watch: Netflix

Jun Ji Hyun is a mermaid who comes into the human world as she is swept ashore. She comes across a con artist named Heo Jun Jae and falls in love with him. The mermaid doesn't know how the human world works and hence she relies on him. Slowly they come closer to each other and their past life also starts catching up with them. 

source : Pinkvilla

• Like 3

Hi @gtLmh0622:waves: Welcome back! We missed you :heart1:

Hope we get more ATS crumbs and get to celebrate and discuss here. :1646639759_ezgif.com-gif-maker(1): This thread and all of you have a special place in my heart. :heart4:

It's hard to expect and be hopeful about casting news.  What we can reasonably expect is Pachinko S2 and ATS. But if we do get casting news, it will be so awesome. :lol::D

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬

Happy Birthday, Lee Min Ho! 🎉

June 22 is a special day to celebrate the remarkable talent and charisma of an incredible actor. Your performances have captivated audiences around the world, and your dedication to your craft is truly inspiring.

Excited for the release of Pachinko Season 2 on August 23 on Apple TV+! Your role in this acclaimed series showcases your versatility and depth as an actor.

Looking forward to your upcoming drama "Ask the Stars" in 2024, which promises to be another hit with your stellar performance.

Anticipating the release of your movie "Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint" in 2025, and can't wait to see you bring this intriguing story to life on the big screen.

Your exemplary service through philanthropic initiatives like PROMIZ and your generous donations to various causes have made a significant positive impact on society. Your commitment to helping others is truly commendable.

Thank you for continuing to entertain, inspire, and serve the community with your incredible work and generosity. Wishing you a fantastic birthday and another year filled with success, happiness, and meaningful contributions!

On 6/23/2024 at 9:01 PM, willenette said:

@CallieP  International/western age. On December 8, 2022 the South Korean parliament passed a law that would get rid of Korea’s two traditional methods of counting age.From June 2023, the so-called “Korean Age” system will no longer be permitted on official documents. It means that everyone in Korea will effectively become younger through their system.    The switch to the international age system took effect last year (2023).  :kitty:

So he is 37, yikes. Was hoping it was Korean age so he is only 36 :grin:.  He really didn't have much drama or movie presence in his 30's.  After finishing ATS, he should have done another drama before ORV and Pachinko 2.  The only thing shown is TKEM and Pachinko 1 but he was such a small presence in Pachinko though an important one.

• Like 1

• CarolynH changed the title to Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Pachinko Season 2 Aug 23 on Apple TV+; Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint
14 hours ago, mad brain official said:

June 22 is a special day to celebrate the remarkable talent and charisma of an incredible actor. Your performances have captivated audiences around the world, and your dedication to your craft is truly inspiring.

Excited for the release of Pachinko Season 2 on August 23 on Apple TV+! Your role in this acclaimed series showcases your versatility and depth as an actor.

Looking forward to your upcoming drama "Ask the Stars" in 2024, which promises to be another hit with your stellar performance.

Anticipating the release of your movie "Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint" in 2025, and can't wait to see you bring this intriguing story to life on the big screen.

Your exemplary service through philanthropic initiatives like PROMIZ and your generous donations to various causes have made a significant positive impact on society. Your commitment to helping others is truly commendable.

Thank you for continuing to entertain, inspire, and serve the community with your incredible work and generosity. Wishing you a fantastic birthday and another year filled with success, happiness, and meaningful contributions!

Welcome to LMH thread

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CarolynH said:

Happy 8th Anniversary Bounty Hunters!

@CarolynH  thanks for sharing this. Action scenes in this movie were very well choreographed and well done. It was like I was watching a glossy magazine pictorial in movie form.  Everything was very vibrant and fast paced, which is just what you want when watching a movie that relies on its action to carry the plot. Also, there were times it felt like I was on a tour of Asia because the locations jumped around so much. I wondered if the movie was a huge Product Placement for the tourism industry.  Sure it was pretty and love it! My only complaint here was the dubbed voice of Lee Min Ho since I prefer of course, his real voice. I was able to watch this via Prime Video.   :kitty:

• Like 2

*** Lee min Ho was also one who's selected amongst Korean celebrities made it to the iconic Madame Tussauds Wax Museum, which is known for its collection of lifelike wax figures. Lee Min Ho's wax museum at Madame Tussauds Singapore was during the height of his hit drama, "The Heirs." Interestingly, 8 years later, the museum updated his wax figure in 2021 after concluding the drama "The King: Eternal Monarch."   :kaching1:

1st wax figure

lee-min-ho.png?w=820

lee-minho-solo.jpg?anchor=center&mode=cr

• Like 2

19 hours ago, mad brain official said:

Hi and welcome to the LMH thread! :).

• Like 1

Thank you all who sent best wishes. I am now at home thankfully.

I was just reading what CallieP said about him not having much of a movie or drama presence in his 30s. And of course she is right. In his award speeches he did promise more dramas in his 30s but it hasn’t happened. And let’s face it there is something going on with ATS- whether it’s money or finding a network - who knows. We know he has a very lucrative presence  as an ambassador for various big companies- but just one more drama as well as LOTBS and TKEM would have been great.

Sorry if this sounds moany but it’s such a shame- especially for those who don’t have Apple TV. He is such a wonderful actor - it’s a shame.

Moan over!!

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Lindyloo421 said:

Thank you all who sent best wishes. I am now at home thankfully.

I was just reading what CallieP said about him not having much of a movie or drama presence in his 30s. And of course she is right. In his award speeches he did promise more dramas in his 30s but it hasn’t happened. And let’s face it there is something going on with ATS- whether it’s money or finding a network - who knows. We know he has a very lucrative presence  as an ambassador for various big companies- but just one more drama as well as LOTBS and TKEM would have been great.

Sorry if this sounds moany but it’s such a shame- especially for those who don’t have Apple TV. He is such a wonderful actor - it’s a shame.

Moan over!!

@Lindyloo421  Good to know that you're well now and home. I noticed that top Korean actors are increasingly turning to the Japanese market . This trend of Korean stars appearing in Japanese or joint Korea-Japan productions is becoming more prevalent. Even OTT platforms that expanded the market are shifting investments to Japan or Southeast Asia. As a result, securing funding and broadcasting slots in Korea has become challenging, prompting top stars to consider Japan’s offers. The economic slump in the Korean drama market also plays a significant role. Even top stars now find it harder to secure investments and broadcasting slots as smoothly as before. However, the production budgets for Japanese dramas are significantly lower than those for Korean dramas. I doubt whether these collaborations can maintain the high quality that K-dramas are known for worldwide. It’s said that even Takuya Kimura, Japan’s highest-paid actor, earns only one-tenth of what Korean actors make. The production budget for Japanese dramas is much lower, which limits the scale of the projects. This often leads to the discontinuation of many planned Korea-Japan collaborations.  :emmm:

• Like 3

Finally, we got some ATS update and news! LMH is working on it! :evilelmo::hypehype:

LMH is doing ADR which is automatic dialogue replacement for 'Ask the stars'

• Like 1
  • Blob 1