Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Pachinko Season 2 Aug 23 on Apple TV+; Upcoming Drama 2025: Ask the Stars; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

I'm in business!  I "bought" my Apple gift card.  When the time comes, I can pay for Apple TV+ to watch Pachinko!  I thought of another way to save some money.  I think Costco sells discounted Apple gift cards.  If not Costco, then some other store like Target, Walmart may sell gift cards.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Nikaa said:

June is the most beautiful month because of Lee Min Ho! :lol::getmygrooveon:

@Nikaa  I share your joy! His special DAY is nearing.....  :kisslevel:

On 6/9/2024 at 10:29 AM, CarolynH said:

I thought that we were going to have to wait until his b-day for an IG post

What's choigiseok?

@CarolynH  No idea about this K-word but there's a K-artist/photographer named Cho Gi Seok.....  :kitty:

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

*** 'The Legend of the Blue Sea' is one of Lee Min Ho one of the best dramas. You will surely get hooked on this drama.

What made the series a true hit was the on-screen chemistry.   :hypehype:

the-legend-of-the-blue-sea.jpg?w=820

• Like 2
  • Wiggle 1

*** I remember in a TV show during “Faith" days, Kim Hee Sun revealed that her husband stopped watching the TV series when she filmed “Faith” with Lee Min Ho because he did not like seeing his wife in intimate scenes with another man. Kim Hee Sun’s husband also frankly shared about his difficulty in accepting his wife hugging and kissing his colleagues on screen:  “I don’t allow it. I think it would make me feel bad.” I very much agree - Although the actors always insist that it’s just acting, the line between on-screen kisses and real-life emotions is really thin. I think that actors can hardly and cannot separate emotions between in the drama/movie and in real life. Intimate actions on screen can easily cause misunderstandings and jealousy, especially towards their lover or partner of actors. Kim Hee Sun was “forbidden” by her husband to act in a kissing scene after being paired with Lee Min Hoo.   :heartxoxo:  

However, there are also exceptions. Ji Sung, fully supports his wife at work. He shared: “As an actor, I understand that kissing scenes are just part of the script.”

lee-min-ho-kiss-1536x1536.jpg

• Like 3
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

5 hours ago, willenette said:

*** I remember in a TV show during “Faith" days, Kim Hee Sun revealed that her husband stopped watching the TV series when she filmed “Faith” with Lee Min Ho because he did not like seeing his wife in intimate scenes with another man. Kim Hee Sun’s husband also frankly shared about his difficulty in accepting his wife hugging and kissing his colleagues on screen:  “I don’t allow it. I think it would make me feel bad.” I very much agree - Although the actors always insist that it’s just acting, the line between on-screen kisses and real-life emotions is really thin. I think that actors can hardly and cannot separate emotions between in the drama/movie and in real life. Intimate actions on screen can easily cause misunderstandings and jealousy, especially towards their lover or partner of actors. Kim Hee Sun was “forbidden” by her husband to act in a kissing scene after being paired with Lee Min Hoo.   :heartxoxo:  

However, there are also exceptions. Ji Sung, fully supports his wife at work. He shared: “As an actor, I understand that kissing scenes are just part of the script.”

lee-min-ho-kiss-1536x1536.jpg

That explains why (as far as I can remember) there was only one kiss

in Faith in the scene when she was supposed to get married and he kissed her to provoke jealousy and claim her as his.

I think many of his kissing scenes look as though they both enjoy it- especially in LOTBS with the “tongue” kiss! LMH seems such a gentleman 

I’m sure he discussed the scene with his co- star first. Did you notice in

the BTS of LOTBS just before the long kiss when she was leaving he popped what was probably a breath freshener in his mouth.

Re Cho Gi Seok- people on X are saying that when LMH put a YouTube with a SOJU ad that he had done Cho Gi Seok worked on it with him. Perhaps he is working with him again.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Lindyloo421 said:

That explains why (as far as I can remember) there was only one kiss

in Faith in the scene when she was supposed to get married and he kissed her to provoke jealousy and claim her as his.

I think many of his kissing scenes look as though they both enjoy it- especially in LOTBS with the “tongue” kiss! LMH seems such a gentleman 

I’m sure he discussed the scene with his co- star first. Did you notice in

the BTS of LOTBS just before the long kiss when she was leaving he popped what was probably a breath freshener in his mouth.

Re Cho Gi Seok- people on X are saying that when LMH put a YouTube with a SOJU ad that he had done Cho Gi Seok worked on it with him. Perhaps he is working with him again.

@Lindyloo421  yes, indeed because actors rehearse the scene (even kissing scenes) as much as possible and refine their body languages. Using tongue during kisses is not something that actors casually do.  It should be noted that French kisses are not very visually appealing on screen. Since we can't see what's happening inside the mouth, actors don't actually do it. They simulate by opening their mouths but do not stick out their tongues. Many actors feel uncomfortable with these scenes but understand that overcoming that is part of professionalism.  Hence, they will discuss exactly what they are going to do between themselves beforehand to share and dispel the tension they are feeling. Yes, it's quite common for actors to freshen their breath before shooting a kissing scene. Actors may use breath mints, gum, or other breath fresheners to ensure that their breath is pleasant during intimate scenes. Good oral hygiene and fresh breath are important considerations in many on-screen interactions, including kissing scenes.

Yes, I remember Lee Min Ho has worked with Cho Gi Seok before. Last time they collaborated together was for Khee Soju ad  where Cho Gi-Seok was the director and Lee Min Ho was creative director and producer. (on leeminhofilm) - I guess that recent IG post has a potential collaboration with this renowned photographer Cho Gi Seok again. We Wait & see.....  Who knows something surprising is coming.....    :kisslevel:

2 hours ago, CarolynH said:

What say you--is Hansu good or bad?

@CarolynH  my take is - Hansu is bad. I found him to be a selfish man at best and absolutely despicable enemy at worst. To me, he came off as self-motivated, violent, (more) misogynistic (than other men), and controlling. The only explanation I can think of why people like him: he’s rich. There's no pure "good" character in the novel except maybe arguably Isak. I haven't really run into people loving Hansu, but I also don't really believe he deserves any more hate than many other more selfish characters. In the drama, it shows the world as a place where the rich thrive and the poor struggle, and the only solution is to actually become rich yourself.   :kitty:

• Like 3

Let's pray that LMH announces his next kdrama! I'm so hungry for another LMH-Kdrama. His last one was in 2020. I want new ones. :piggydance:Is there a particular writer you would like LMH to work with? what genre?

58 minutes ago, Nikaa said:

Let's pray that LMH announces his next kdrama! I'm so hungry for another LMH-Kdrama. His last one was in 2020. I want new ones. :piggydance:Is there a particular writer you would like LMH to work with? what genre?

I would like him to do a slice of life drama, maybe as a poor man or a detective in a thriller :grin:

On 6/8/2024 at 10:22 AM, willenette said:

@Lindyloo421  Netflix will exclusively stream the series so there's no need to search for platforms to watch this anticipated Kdrama aside from tvN. Apple TV supports two of the best Korean drama channels with the best selection of shows, Viki and AsianCrush while they have also started producing Korean series just like Netflix since 2021.   :kitty:

Are you saying Netflix will stream ATS?

On 4/11/2024 at 9:49 PM, gtLmh0622 said:

“I want to leave as many roles as I can in my 30s. My goal for this year is to work as much as I can.” 

According to the Harper's Bazaar article, he wants to do more projects in his 30's but he hasn't.  He has more CFs but not movies or dramas.  He needs to get moving if he means what he says.  Sign up for another drama. :grin:

According to " the Garage article"  posted earlier, ATS is supposed to be 2024 Second Quarter??  That should be right now.

• Like 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

1 hour ago, CallieP said:

I would like him to do a slice of life drama, maybe as a poor man or a detective in a thriller

:waves:

Yes, I agree with you. I would like him to do a slice-of-life, a melodrama, or a thriller. I remember LMH mentioning a few times that he likes to play a character who wears slippers. :lol: lol I think he meant he wants to play a poor man. 

19 minutes ago, CallieP said:

According to the Harper's Bazaar article, he wants to do more projects in his 30's but he hasn't.  He has more CFs but not movies or dramas.  He needs to get moving if he means what he says.  Sign up for another drama. :grin:

According to " the Garage article"  posted earlier, ATS is supposed to be 2024 Second Quarter??  That should be right now.

Yes, he should sign up for another drama ppalli ppalli :Please:I wish we had some ATS updates. They should be finished with negotiations and strategies by now. Enough of waiting, I want to watch it in 2024! 

• Like 1

I would like him to do a husband who is a highly admired as a detective.

i can imagine in the first scene him biding a fellow detective goodbye 

and smiling and then he walks into his house and changes into a domineering horrible husband to his wife who looks terrified of him.

I think I got a bit carried away then!

Re the writer he could work with again- for me it’s the writer of Legend of the blue sea - I think she also wrote My Love from the Star.

Here’a question to think about- who would you like him to appear with in a drama. 

• Like 1

On 6/8/2024 at 10:22 AM, willenette said:

Netflix will exclusively stream the series so there's no need to search for platforms to watch this anticipated Kdrama aside from tvN. Apple TV supports two of the best Korean drama channels with the best selection of shows, Viki and AsianCrush while they have also started producing Korean series just like Netflix since 2021.  

YES PLEASE! I want Netflix, it has the most subscribers! 

1 hour ago, Lindyloo421 said:

and smiling and then he walks into his house and changes into a domineering horrible husband to his wife who looks terrified of him.

Re the writer he could work with again- for me it’s the writer of Legend of the blue sea - I think she also wrote My Love from the Star.

Here’a question to think about- who would you like him to appear with in a drama. 

I have seen many Minoz (Korean and international fans) wanting LMH to play the role of a detective. That's interesting! 

I don't mind him working with PJE again. Also, I would like it if LMH worked with writer No Hee Kyung in either a melodrama or slice-of-life drama. Honestly, as long as the plot is solid and his role is interesting, I wouldn't mind him to work with a new writer too. 

That's a very good question to think about! It also depends on the genre of the drama. I would say, a melodrama with MCW or HHJ. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Nikaa said:

YES PLEASE! I want Netflix, it has the most subscribers! 

I have seen many Minoz (Korean and international fans) wanting LMH to play the role of a detective. That's interesting! 

I don't mind him working with PJE again. Also, I would like it if LMH worked with writer No Hee Kyung in either a melodrama or slice-of-life drama. Honestly, as long as the plot is solid and his role is interesting, I wouldn't mind him to work with a new writer too. 

That's a very good question to think about! It also depends on the genre of the drama. I would say, a melodrama with MCW or HHJ. 

@Nikaa  But, Lee Min Ho has already played the role of detective in "City Hunter", right? Yes, to collaborate with No Hee Kyung in the future is a good idea. She has many good works especially That Winter, the Wind Blows, how I love this drama.   :kitty:

6 hours ago, Lindyloo421 said:

@Lindyloo421  Park Ji-eun was the one who penned that drama. Also, she has many HIT works like My Love from the Star, Crash Landing On You, Queen of Tears, many others.... :heart3:

• Like 3
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

16 minutes ago, willenette said:

@Nikaa  But, Lee Min Ho has already played the role of detective in "City Hunter", right? Yes, to collaborate with No Hee Kyung in the future is a good idea. She has many good works especially That Winter, the Wind Blows, how I love this drama.   :kitty:

I don't specifically want him to play the role of a detective. But, I have heard that Minoz want him to do so. As long as he finds the role interesting and the script is solid, I'm fine with it. :approves: LMH can surprise us! 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Nikaa said:

Yes, he should sign up for another drama ppalli ppalli :Please:I wish we had some ATS updates. They should be finished with negotiations and strategies by now. Enough of waiting, I want to watch it in 2024! 

@Nikaa  It's already June (half of the year) and we still haven't read any updates about the drama. So, I guess it's a slim chance that we could get to watch it this year. I believe "Ask the Stars" will air next year, 2025.   :kaching3:

7 hours ago, CallieP said:

@CallieP There are a few actors who are known to be picky with projects. There are instances where actors keep on turning down offers consecutively. I like it when actors/actresses are picky with their projects. Or there are reasons why we don't think we see them often : Their pay is much higher, not every production can afford them. Such projects and productions are far and few in a year - most of the actors would ideally be fishing out for such few scripts rather than considering every other romcom, action or makjang drama they are offered; thus limiting their script choices. And...  interest in other genres.   :heart2:

8 hours ago, CallieP said:

I would like him to do a slice of life drama, maybe as a poor man or a detective in a thriller :grin:

Are you saying Netflix will stream ATS?

@CallieP  Yes, I came across reading an article last month. I guess there's still no update from them since the drama will air next year yet. Whatever............I stand corrected quoting this but, really having a strong feeling that they will be exclusively streaming the drama.   :kaching1:

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, willenette said:

It's already June (half of the year) and we still haven't read any updates about the drama. So, I guess it's a slim chance that we could get to watch it this year. I believe "Ask the Stars" will air next year, 2025.  

I suppose I have to mentally prepare myself for that. lol  :Pandabulous:

• Like 2

I’m wondering if ATS could go to Apple TV. They must realise how popular 

LMH is and they could do with putting some more kdrama on. Of course the only problem with that is that less people subscribe to Apple.

I feel so sorry for his fans who don’t have Apple and therefore couldn’t see Pachinko because in 8 years he has only done TKEM., and if Ask the Stars is next year t that’s a long gap.

• Like 2