Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Pachinko Season 2 Aug 23 on Apple TV+; Upcoming Drama 2025: Ask the Stars; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

Lee Min-ho showed off his shining visuals in his daily life.

Actor Lee Min-ho posted a photo on his Instagram on the 6th. He didn't add any comment along with the picture.

The released photo shows Lee Min-ho sitting on a chair with his head on his hand indifferently. Lee Min-ho seems to be spending time taking mirror selfies.

Even with bushy hair, Lee Min-ho draws attention to his handsome appearance.

Meanwhile, Lee Min-ho is set to release the Apple TV Plus series Pachinko. Based on the best-selling novel of the same name written by Korean-American writer Lee Min-jin, Pachinko captures the story of an individual whose history penetrates through the four generations of Korean immigration families on a vast scale and in-depth strokes.

spacer.png

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/112/0003517993

• Like 4

4 hours ago, CarolynH said:

Happy 13th Anniversary BOF:heart:

@CarolynH ohhh................time flies so fast. I realized this is a few years old now..... Love your gif....That crazy hair has dated badly but an entertaining drama. hahaha - So, for me the drama aged well. I find the drama good. I like the show a lot since not too many scenes brought a tear. For those who haven't watched this yet, if you love SK romances, this show is mandatory. LOL - BOF is an excellent choice for teens & I'm not a teenage girl anymore. I rarely watch dramas for 2x but, this one I re-run it for the 2nd time in a row. Thumbs up! My only complain for this drama is : There are so many cheesy flashback montages still, I did not fast-forwarding them. I watched it till the end. Why? -  because of its glamorous locations & high fashion, opulent homes – I enjoyed it all. It's bizarrely addictive. And.... I felt satisfied by how it wrapped up. :heart:

• Like 4

[PICK] From Kim Woo Bin to Lee Min Ho; Big Stars Returning to TV in 2022

dmllS39dGEDI636389903872375040-horz.jpg

2021 was an exciting year filled with an impressive slate of shows that marks the return of big stars. Song Joong Ki, Jun Ji Hyun, Lee Young Ae, and Song Hye Kyo captivated viewers with their timeless performance and stunning looks on their long-awaited TV series. This year will also welcome the return of impressive A-list stars. So, without further ado, let’s take a look at the actors who will be making their grand TV returns.

Lee Min Ho – Pachinko

Lee Min Ho is slated to star in the Apple TV Original Series Pachinko. This drama is based on a novel of the same name written by Lee Min Jin and tells the story of four generations of a Korean immigrant family. Earlier, Youn Yuh Jung’s joining the series garnered huge attention. Lee Min Ho takes on the role of Ko Hansu, a merchant who builds a relationship with a yakuza and gains wealth and power. He will play a key figure in the play as the mysterious figure who secretly pursues his forbidden love.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : Zapzee

https://zapzee.net/2022/01/06/pick-from-kim-woo-bin-to-lee-min-ho-big-stars-returning-to-tv-in-2022/

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1

Lee Min Ho's completely changed face, missing V-shaped cheeks

2022-01-06

202201061435250810_1.jpg

[NewsN reporter

Lee Haejong] Actor Lee Min Ho is in a completely different mood

attracted attention.

On January 6, Lee Min Ho posted a photo of his recent status on his personal social network.

In the published photo, Lee Min Ho takes a selfie in the mirror in the waiting room, and the chic charisma is felt in the way he looks at his cell phone with his hand on his chin.

In particular, what caught my attention was a completely different face, and the sharper V-neck and bare cuffs that seemed to have lost more weight are both surprising and unsettling.

Up until November of last year, he talked about a recent situation where his cheeks seemed to lift, prompting questions about whether he is currently dieting.

Meanwhile, Lee Min Ho appeared in the SBS drama "The King: Eternal Monarch," which ended in June 2020.

(Photo = Lee Min Ho from

social networks) Newsen Lee Hae Jeong Haejung

Translation from korean google
https://m.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=202201061435250810&r=1

Lee Min Ho, kills at a glance

[TV Report = Reporter Noh Min Taek] Actor Lee Min Ho won the hearts of women with his fateful gaze.

On the 6th, Lee Min Ho posted a photo without text on his Instagram.

In the photo, Lee Min Ho was taken in the waiting room. He caught people's attention by taking a selfie in the mirror, resting his chin on his chin and with an indifferent expression on his face.

Meanwhile, Lee Min Ho is set to release the Apple TV Plus series "Pachinko." Based on the bestselling book of the same name by Korean-American writer Lee Min Jin, Pachinko tells the story of a man who infiltrated the story through an epic of a Korean immigrant family spanning four generations in total. from eight series with large scale and deep strokes.

Reporter Min-Taek No shalsxor96@tvreport.co.kr / Photo = Taken from Instagram Lee Min Ho

https://www.tvreport.co.kr/2089592#_ace

• Like 3

4 hours ago, CarolynH said:

i don't know, that his face looks different.  Perhaps his longer hair makes his face look different.  Friday eve! yahoo

@CarolynH same here with me - I don't think he looks different with long hair. I guess some see it that his face becomes longer. Because the longer your hair is, the longer it will make your face look. Long hair instantly slims most face shapes. But, for me, I don't see it that way for him, though. That's why, it's often best to go with shorter styles. It's the same way as the way you part your hair, it can completely change the look of your hairstyle and your face shape. The way you part your hair can elongate your features, too. It can bring out your cheekbones, and soften sharp angles of your face.

:kaching1:

• Like 4

Lee Min Ho: What is the Korean actor's educational level? This was the career he chose

The actor was one of the figures of the so-called Hallyu Wave, in addition to starring in several dramas, he is also a great professional

spacer.png

Lee Min Hoo , a 34-year-old actor (35 in Korean age), is one of the most popular idols in drama . To his credit he has almost 20 series, in addition to films, but not everything is acting, he also prepared professionally. This is  the celebrity studies degree . 

His debut on the small screen was in 2001, but in previous years he had already had small appearances in some films. His rise to fame was in 2009 thanks to "Boys Over Flowers", since then he has been a model, actor, singer and even an ambassador for the Korean language. 

Currently, Lee Min Ho is expanding his career to Hollywood, as he will star in the Apple TV series "Panchiko", he has his YouTube channel where he uploads self-made content and could soon return to drama , also this was the career he chose . 

What career did Lee Min Ho study?

Before becoming an actor, Lee Min Ho aspired to be a soccer player , even his idol was Cristiano Ronaldo. At his school he was very good, but he got injured when he was younger. In high school his interest in acting was born and he entered Starhaus Entertainment, shortly after he began acting, directing his professional interests to the entertainment industry. 

The idol chose as a career something related to cinema, so he studied Cinematographic Art at Konkuk University, a profession that helped him in his training, as he is one of the fan-favorite actors and has starred in several Korean series and films. . 

Despite his preparation, in 2006 he was about to lose his entire career, as he suffered a serious accident that left him in the hospital for series, without knowing if he could walk or act again. Today he is one of the biggest idols in K-Dramas and Korean culture. 

https://heraldodemexico.com.mx/espectaculos/2022/1/6/lee-min-ho-cual-es-el-grado-de-estudios-del-actor-coreano-esta-fue-la-carrera-que-eligio-367787.html

• Like 5

K-drama releases to look forward to in 2022: Lee Minho’s Pachinko, Lee Jong Suk’s Big Mouse & more

by Ayushi Agrawal   |  Updated on Jan 08, 2022

2022_kdramas_main.jpg?width=752&format=w

2021 ended at an all time high with releases like ‘Hellbound’ and ‘The Red Sleeve Cuff’ making a lot of buzz. ‘Squid Game’ received fame like none other and smashed the ball out of the park with its viral takeover. Now, with the start of 2022, K-drama fans are expecting even more amazing content in this year. Here are some of these releases.

Pachinko:

Lee Minho will be starring in another highly exciting show as he takes on being Koh Hansu in the drama adaptation of the famous novel ‘Pachinko’. HIs return has been talked about with fervour as the fans wait for another work from the world renowned Hallyu star...

https://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainment/k-drama-releases-you-can-look-forward-2022-lee-minho-s-pachinko-lee-jong-suk-s-big-mouse-more-988552

• Like 3

[Recommended Movies for Home Watching]

Reporter Han Sang Hyun

[Korea Instructor Newspaper Correspondent Han Sang Hyun] We will be showing films that air on Sunday 9th on OCN, OCN Movies, OCN Thrills, Screen, EBS1 and OBS.

scale_1200

<Gangnam 1970>

Released on January 21, 2015, "Gangnam 1970" directed by Yoo Ha starring Rae Won Kim, Jin Young Jung starring and supporting Seol Hyun, Seung Mok Yoo, Jae Young Han, Young Doo Lee. , and Ho-bin Jung, directed by Yoo Ha and directed by Lee Min Ho. This is a decent action movie.

Gangnam 1970 is set in the 1970s, when the development of the land of Gangnam was just beginning, and two young orphans, Jung Dae (Lee Min Ho) and Bravery (Kim Rae Won), act as agents of political forces. force at the forefront of the fight for the rights to Gangnam This is a work that tells the story of becoming and struggling for your life.

The production team revealed that director Yoo Ha turned Lee Min Ho and Kim Rae Won into tough men seeking land and money in 1970's Gangnam. Director Yoo Ha chose Lee Min Ho, who is familiar with the chaebol heiress in the drama, to play Kim Jong Ro, a young man with only martial skills. He put actor Lee Min Ho at the epicenter of life-threatening real-life action. Lee Min Ho from <Gangnam 1970>, who acts without hesitation and anger with bitter eyes, can no longer remember his tears before love.

Lee Min Ho's brute masculinity that glides across the screen is unfamiliar but full of long-awaited charm. Kim Rae Won also displays a sophisticated charm, an ability not to look back, and the courage to do whatever it takes to succeed in a brutally organized world.

http://www.lecturernews.com/news/articleView.html?idxno=86331

• Like 3

Biography of Lee Min Ho, Handsome Actor from Korea Who Has a Myriad of Fans in Indonesia

Lee Min Ho was born in Seoul, South Korea on June 22, 1987. He is known for his leading roles in Korean dramas such as “Boys Over Flowers,” “City Hunter” and “The Heirs.”

This Korean actor started his career in 2006. He was first recognized worldwide for his role as Gu Jun Pyo in “Boys Over Flowers” in 2009.

Majoring in Film & Art from Konkuk University and joining  Starhaus Entertainment , he initially did a few small roles on TV before moving on to the breakthrough role of gu Jun-pyo in the TV series “Boys Over Flowers.”

The role earned him several awards including the best new actor award at the  45th Baeksang Arts Awards  and immense fame and popularity in Korea and some parts of Asia.

His older sister, Lee Yong-jung, serves as  CEO of MYM Entertainment , the Korean agency he is currently associated with.

Working on TV productions such as “I Am Sam” (2007) and “Get Up” (2008), Lee plunged into film.

He played Jung Ha-yeon in the sequels “Public enemy” (2002) and “Another Public Enemy” (2005) entitled “Public Enemy Returns” starring Sol Kyung-gu and Jung Jae-young. The film was released on June 19, 2008.

In 2008, he also appeared as Oh Sang-hoon in the South Korean comedy drama film “Our School's ET” which was released on September 11 of that year.

In 2009 Lee Min Ho was cast as Gu Jun-pyo in the KBS romantic comedy drama TV series “Boys Over Flowers.”

The series is an adaptation of the  famous Japanese Shōjo manga series of the  same name.

The immense popularity of “Boys Over Flowers” throughout South Korea coupled with an outstanding performance by Lee brought him to the center of fame and a number of awards.

He then played Kim Tan in 2013 in the romantic teen-drama series “The Heirs.” The series became very popular in South Korea as well as throughout Asia

https://sragenupdate.pikiran-rakyat.com/entertaiment/pr-1843427218/biografi-lee-min-ho-aktor-tampan-asal-korea-yang-punya-segudang-fans-di-indonesia?page=2

• Like 4

"Video Call With Lee Min Ho" in YouTube

5 Sexy Korean Actors When They Were Soldiers, Lee Min Ho before Park Hyun Sik!

Miuna
- January 9, 2022

Spoiler

1408819295.jpg

The country of Korea is known to have rules for military service for young people between the ages of 18 and 28. The conscription in South Korea is an act of national defense and support for national defense. Young people will live their lives like military men with predetermined times. Military service is compulsory for South Korean youth, regardless of their economic status, background or occupation.

Indeed, there are a number of artists who are given free rein to avoid joining the military for one or two reasons, but many of them have already served in the military. Even when they become soldiers in military uniform, they seem to get rid of the image of kiyovo. and get dashing and look sexier.

Lee Min Ho

4205156269.jpg

Lee Min Ho was enlisted in the military on May 12, 2017 and has served in the civil service. He was unable to function properly due to injuries sustained in a car accident in 2006. Lee Min Ho was then dismissed from the army on April 25, 2019.

Translated from Indonesian google

https://jaktimnews.pikiran-rakyat.com/infotainment/pr-893430816/5-aktor-korea-seksi-saat-jadi-tentara-lee-min-ho-hingga-park-hyung-sik-tampil-gagah

Is ‘The Legend of the Blue Sea’ Worth Watching?

Akanksha
January 7, 2022

Mermaids are among those species we have been searching for since our childhood. Legends of the Blue Sea gives us nostalgia by repeating all those legends that we’ve been listening to from the moment of our birth. But is the plot of The Legend of the Blue Sea fiction like other ones, or is this based on any real event? The answer to this and many other questions lies in this article.

Here’s also the trailer of The Legend of the Blue Sea that you can watch:

Spoiler

The Legend of the Blue Sea - Trailer 2 | Lee Min Ho & Jun Ji Hyun 2016 Korean Drama

The plot of The Legend of the Blue Sea

This drama depicts the love story of Shim Cheong (Jun Ji-hyun), a mermaid, and Heo Joon-jae (Lee Min-ho), an intelligent con-artist, who are the central characters in the drama. Their journey is interwoven with the parallel story of their Joseon-era incarnations.

lbs3.jpg

Their love story got a tragic end in their past life as Kim Dam Ryung (played by Lee Min Ho), the son of a Joseon aristocratic family, and Se Hwa, a mermaid (played by Jun Ji Hyun). But now faith has reunited them again, where Joon-jae tries to con Cheong but eventually falls in love with her.

Spoiler

the-legend-of-the-blue-sea-1068x556.jpg

The series is about their journey together in the present time while encountering people from their past life (from the Joseon period).

Is The Legend of the Blue Sea based on a true story?

While growing up, at some point, we all have listened to the tales of mermaids. Species with half human and half fish bodies are not new to us. The Legend of the Blue Sea is based on one of these tales. This drama is based on a traditional Joseon-era legend about a fisherman who catches and releases a mermaid from an early collection of tales.

Spoiler

MV5BMGVkM2ZlYzQtNjM5Yi00OTYyLTkzM2ItOTNh

Is The Legend of the Blue Sea Worth watching?

Hell yeah!! This show is as epic as it sounds. It’s a lovely story of love with a fantastical twist. What makes it perfect is the mixture of romance, humor, and drama, an all-in-one plot.

Spoiler

2.png

Moreover, all the difficulties the beautiful couple faces on their path to happiness makes the drama more engaging. Moreover, the beautiful OSTs are another reason to watch this drama even more. So without any doubt, this drama is entirely worth it.

My reviews

In my opinion, The Legend of the Blue Sea is a lovely drama. What I liked most about it was its parallel connection with the past. This connection was wholly unexpected and, somewhere, added more quality to the show’s plot.

Spoiler

3.png

At the show’s beginning, I was very excited and watched a few episodes eagerly. However, eventually, it lost its touch somewhere. Also, the drama was slow many times, which gave me a feeling of fillers. But the romance part of the show was significant, and it kept me moving through slow parts (Some of them only).

Spoiler

Capture.png

But overall, Lee min-ho and Jun Ji-Hyun did justice to their characters and made us fall in love with the show. The chemistry between the two was perfect as well.

https://www.thetealmango.com/entertainment/is-the-legend-of-the-blue-sea-worth-watching/

• Like 3

*** I love watching vlogs as much as I love watching K-dramas, too. I'm glad that LMH has already his personal YT Channel. Isn’t it nice to see him behind the scenes and knowing that we are just like all these celebrities off camera?   :7555_attack:

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

Soompi Forums Awards: The best k-dramas of 2021? Please vote!

Now is your chance to show your love for your favorite dramas of 2021. In the Soompi Forums Awards poll you can vote for the dramas you liked the most last year. :kiss_wink:

Which dramas will be the winners?

winner-icegif-9.gif

Your Event Organizers,

@partyon @confusedheart @agenth @Sleepy Owl

• Like 4

There are many actors in the K-Drama world who are also talented singers, meet them

The music that accompanies the episodes of Korean dramas is always charming, but becomes even more special when the songs are sang by our favorite actors. 

We tell you about some Korean actors we've heard singing in the OST. 

Lee Min Ho

He has sung in several of his dramas and one of them was The Heirs. The song Painful Love accompanied the love story of Eun Sang and Kim Tan.

speaking of Painful Love, one of LMH's heartfelt songs. :heart:

• Like 3

FIwI64eWYAAKqnZ?format=jpg&name=900x900

BY GEMTRACKS STAFFJAN 10TH, 2022

Lee Min-ho is a talented South Korean actor and singer, and he is one of the most in-demand Hallyu stars in today's world. Even though he aspired to be a professional football since childhood, he suffered an injury during elementary school and it forced him to give up football and follow his dad's dream into acting.

He majored in Film & Art from the "Konkuk University" and he joined "Starhaus Entertainment", he managed to land many small roles in TV before he landed the breakthrough role of Gu Jun-Pyo in the TV series "Boys Over Flowers". This movie didn't just earn him many accolades including Best New Actor (TV) Award, it also got him a lot of fame and popularity in Korea and many parts of Asia.

This role would turn out to be the platform he needed to catapult his career, as soon he would be seen in lead roles in many other TV shows, including "City Hunter", "The Legend of the Blue Sea", and "The Heirs". The talented South Korean heartthrob even made a mark on the big-screen with films like "Gangnam Blues" and "Bounty Hunters". His musical pursuit would include two albums "Song for You" and "My Everything".

Personal life of Lee Min Ho

Lee was born in Heukseok-dong, Seoul, South Korea. As a young child, he hoped to become a football player but an injury that he suffered in the 5th grade of elementary school ended his dreams. However, he still keeps up with football, even mentioning Nal-do Ho as his favorite player.

In the 2nd year of his high school days, Lee Min-Ho turned his attention to acting. By the time of his senior year, Lee would become a part of Starhaus Entertainment after some help from an acquaintance. After he went through training, he started to audition for roles and landed smaller roles in many TV dramas. His major breakthrough would come with him landing the lead role in the KBS2 drama "Boys Over Flowers" as Ku Jun-Pyo. The TV series became incredibly popular and regularly received ratings of over 30% in South Korea. He then majored in Film & Art at Konkuk University.

In 2011, he starred in the drama series "City Hunter", which was based on a Japanese manga by Tsukasa Hojo. His co-star in that show was Park Min-Young. The duo knew each other for almost five years having worked together before in the KBS2 drama "I Am Sam" in 2007. According to the management agencies of Park Min-Young and Lee Min-Ho, they ended up developing feelings for one another while filming "City Hunter". After the completion of "City Hunter", they dated more seriously and got invited as a couple.

Career beginnings of Lee Min Ho

Lee Min Ho started to audition and land minor roles in numerous TV dramas like "Recipe of Love" and "Nonstop 5". His official debut role came in the EBS series "Secret Campus" in 2003. Early in his career, he went by the stage name "Lee Min" as his agency thought that his birth name was a bit too ordinary. However, his name was essentially pronounced in the similar way as the Korean word "imin" that is used for referring to "immigration". He would later say that it was very difficult to find himself in internet search results. He would go back to using his original name.

In 2006, he unfortunately had to put his career after a serious car wreck halted his career. This incident would occur when he was in the back of the car with Jung II-woo. The two friends sitting in the front seat were instantly killed. Lee was injured severely and had to spend many months bedridden. Once he recovered, he received his leading role in the high-school drama "Mackerel Run" in 2007, but the series got reduced to just eight episodes because of low viewership ratings.

In 2008, he went on to appear in several roles on TV dramas ("I Am Sam" and "Get Up") as well as two movies "Our School's E.T." and "Public Enemy Returns". During the shooting of "Our School's E.T.", he would become good friends with Kim Su-Ro, who went on to praise him on a variety show.

Breakthrough in the entertainment industry

His breakthrough would come in 2009 when he managed to land the leading role of Gu Yun-Pyo in KBS' "Boys Over Flowers", which was the Korean adaptation of the popular "Shojo" manga of the same name. The competition for this role was pretty intense and Lee found out that he had been cast through the newspapers. The series ended up attracting high viewership ratings and buzz throughout South Korea during the broadcast. Lee's newfound popularity would get him several endorsement deals and create yet another Korean wave throughout Asia, making Lee a Hallyu star.

In 2010, he starred in the romantic comedy "Personal Taste", in which he had to play the role of a young architect who would pose as a gay man to be roommates with a young woman, which led to romantic complications.

International fame and becoming an acting sensation

In 2011, he would play the titular character in "City Hunter", which was an acting drama based on Tsukasa Hojo's popular manga. The drama was a massive commercial success and it contributed to his growing popularity, especially in Japan, China, the Philippines, and France. He participated in the popular variety show "Happy Camp" in December 2011.

The following year, he starred in the historic-medical drama "Faith" with Kim Hee-Sun. Even though the drama had pretty high viewership ratings, it still ended up being a commercial failure because of its high budget. In 2013, his wax figure was unveiled at the Madame Tussauds, Shanghai. He would then release his first album "My Everything" in May before going on a fan meeting tour in Asia.

He then announced his return to TV with the new drama titled "The Heirs", which was a teen drama written by Kim Eun-Sook. It premiered on October 9th, 2013, and the show enjoyed incredible popularity locally with a peak rating of 28.6% as well as internationally, having more than a billion hits on the Chinese streaming website "iQivi". He then experienced an increase in his popularity, especially in China.

Continued success as an actor

In January 2014, a second wax got unveiled at Madame Tussauds, Hong Kong. On January 30th, he became the first Korean celebrity to perform on the CCTV Lunar New Year Goals in China. He then sang a song with Harlem Yu, who was the original singer of the theme song of Meteor Garden, which was the Taiwanese version of "Boys Over Flowers".

He also received the invitation to the 3rd conference of the South Korean Presidential Committee for Cultural Enrichment where he would represent the entertainment industry for sharing and contributing to the discussion of issues related to the development of Korea's cultural content. He received the Prime Minister's Commendation at the 5th Korean Popular Culture and Arts Awards for his incredible contribution to Hallyu.

He would then record and release his second EP "Song For You" in October of 2014 under the label Universal Music. As with his previous record, he stated that the songs were recorded for his fans and that he didn't have any ambition of pursuing a singing career. The album release would coincide with the start of his "RE: MINHO" fan meeting tour that spanned multiple Asian cities. He ended up taking a starring role in Yoo Ha's noir action movie "Gangnam Blues" in 2015, which was set in the 70s when the real estate development boom swept across the Gangnam area. The movie co-stars Kim Rae-won, marking Lee's first leading role in a feature film.

In 2016, he starred in the action-comedy film "Bounty Hunters", which was directed by Shin Terra. The movie topped box office charts on its release date, going on to gross over $31 million in China. Later that year, he made his small-screen comeback in the fantasy romance drama "Legend of the Blue Sea" with actress Jun Ji-Hyun, which ended up being a massive success.

In 2019, he was cast beside Kim Go-Eun in the SBS-broadcast and Netflix romantic-fantasy drama "The King: Eternal Monarch", which was written by the writer of "The Heirs", Kim Eun-sook. It was widely regarded as one of the most anticipated series of 2020 and it served as Lee Min Ho's comeback series after the release from his mandatory military service. The series ended up getting a recording for SBS' highest 2020 Friday-Saturday drama premiere ratings, even maintaining the #1 spot on the weekly Wavve drama chart for 8 consecutive weeks. However, it would get mixed reviews while the domestic viewership ratings were lower than expected as compared to previous works by Kim.

Net worth of Lee Min Ho

Lee Min Ho is a popular South Korean actor and he has an estimated net worth of $13 million. Born on June 22nd, 1987, he had aspirations to become a football player, a dream which would fall apart after he suffered a major injury in the 5th grade of elementary school.

He was in the 2nd year of his high school when he decided to turn to acting, making his debut with MBC's "Love Hymn" in 2005, playing a minor character role. He landed his first lead role in 2007 when he had to portray Cha Gong Chan in SBS' eight-part high-school drama "Mackerel Run". His career breakthrough would come two years later when he landed the lead role in Gu Jun-Pyo in "Boys Over Flowers", which was the Korean adaptation of the Japanese TV drama "Hana Yori Dango". He starred alongside Koo Hye Sun, Kim Hyun Joong, and Kim Bum, and this role ended up catapulting him to fame.

Incredible success followed, as he soon scored a role in the MBC TV drama "Personal Taste", a show in which he played an ambitious young architect. Then in 2011, he was seen starring opposite actress and model Park Min Young in the action drama "City Hunter". The immense popularity of the series contributed to his growing popularity in other parts of Asia and worldwide. After playing a major role in the drama series, he took the #1 spot for Best Hallyu Star in a Japanese magazine that was dedicated to Korean dramas in June 2012.

He is a renowned South Korean actor and he is famous for not just acting but also modeling and singing. This multi-talented star's popularity isn't confined to Korea. He ended up catching the attention of critics and Australian, American, Western, and South Asian audiences. As his reputation increased, his net worth will only get bigger than what it is at present. He would begin his journey as an actor in 2003 with the TV show "Sharp" where he would get the cameo role of a student. In 2009, he won the hearts of his native people as well as foreign audiences through working in the TV series "Boys Over Flowers". He started his movie career in 2008 with the movie "Public Enemy Returns", where he would play the role of "Jung Ha-yeon". He acted as the lead character in the movies "Gangnam Blues", "Bounty Hunters", and more. The latter would earn $31 million universally and the success would lay a positive influence on his career and net worth.

He is widely regarded as one of the wealthiest actors in the Korean entertainment industry. On average he charges around $62,000 for an episode for playing the "Emperor Lee Gon" in the TV show "The King: Eternal Monarch". His movie "Gangnam Blues" ended up grossing over $20 million and "Bounty Hunters" over $31.1 million worldwide. His web series "Line Romance" achieved great financial success and it ended up earning over $20 million. He had a share of the economic achievements, allowing him to make himself wealthier. He also gets a payment of nearly $784.951 for every stage performance.

https://www.gemtracks.com/guides/view.php?title=how-did-lee-min-ho-get-discovered-net-worth&id=3235

• Like 4
  • Love 1

5 Classic K-dramas that are worth watching for beginners

thumb-98052b7ca1eb376948f2d35149fed689_1

If you're looking for your first K-drama, here we recommend 5 classic K-dramas that are worth watching for beginners.  

2. Boys Over Flowers

98052b7ca1eb376948f2d35149fed689_1641536

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : korea.com

• Like 4

Another one of my crazy ideas--Soompi Minoz trip to SK in 2023!  Let me know if you are interested in joining.  It's not necessary to commit, but if you are interested, let me know.  It seems far away, but there's a lot of planning.  And what better thing to do while we wait (and wait and wait)?!

I think it will be a lot of fun.  If you don't have anyone to go with jenna fischer raise hand GIF join us!  Everyone is welcome!

• Like 6

13 years of Boys Over Flowers: When Lee Min Ho confessed he couldn’t watch show as it makes him cringe

As Boys Over Flowers completes 13 years, here's looking back at the cheesy romantic drama that boosted the Hallyu wave and made Lee Min Ho an international sensation.

January 12, 2022

LeeMIn12-2.jpg

Thirteen years ago, a disgruntled and curly haired Lee Min Ho turned up on television screens, with a big fur coat. He had three friends trailing nervously behind him, accompanied with a blaring OST enough to tell the audience—this is the bad guy, but you’re still going to root for him.

This show was Boys Over Flowers, the high school Korean drama that spurred the Hallyu wave, making Min Ho an international sensation, something he absolutely despised, as he admitted years later. Boys Over Flowers starred Lee Min Ho as the rough ‘bad boy’ Junpyo, who falls in love with the manic pixie Gum Jan Di, played by Koo Hye-Sun. Junpyo, an heir to an empire that he doesn’t want, has three cohorts, Ji-Hoo, (Kim Hyun-Joong)So Ji-Yeong (Kim Bum) and Song Woo (Kim Joon).

LeeMin.jpg

If you haven’t seen Boys Over Flowers, but watched many high school dramas as well as Korean serials—you would be familiar with the story. The show had every possible trope, including a scheming rich mother, rich-man-in-love-with-poor-girl love triangle, maids in frilly outfits, kidnapping, near-wedding experience, several near-death experiences and amnesia, all tied up with some very fancy balls and glowing, glittery gowns. Yet, the show clicked famously with the audience on an international level—it was cheesiness done right, if you can get past the first four episodes, that is. The mop-like hairstyles became the go-to fashion, and Lee Min Ho’s curls made fans swoon.

Boys Over Flowers is a bit like a brightly-coloured spicy bowl of comfort food that you have to scarpe till the very bottom. The characters and plotlines are straightforward, as it is about a group of four rich boys—the bully, the nice guy, the Casanova and the brotherly figure (there’s no other word to really explain Song Woo’s role in the show). They cross paths with the feisty Gum Jan Di, the daughter of a dry-cleaner. They immediately become frenemies as Jan Di and Junpyo hate each other off the bat, but obviously fall in love with each other, despite much bickering. Jan Di has confused feelings for Ji-Hoo, that get washed away quickly as she finally grows to love Junpyo. Their love story is far from easy, as there is a wicked mother in the background, intent on torturing Jan Di.

After innumerable battles, empowering speeches, several drowning incidents (this is crucial in BOF), and Jan Di sacrificing her happiness, they finally have a happy ending. The only person who doesn’t seem to have a happy ending was Ji-Hoo and fans are still protesting about it till today, with many claiming that he should have ended up with Jan Di. Ah, the enticing bad-boy-turned-good plot device those filmmakers can never resist. Especially, if it’s Lee Min Ho. Well played.

LeemIn12.jpg

Ironically though this show brought Lee Min Hoo international stardom, the actor admitted that he cringes when watching the show. In 2015, he said on MBC Section TV that he couldn’t bear watching the show anymore. “I can’t help but cringe,” he said. “It’s so cheesy.”

When asked how he managed to act in “Boys Over Flowers,” he said, “I really had no other option.” He also grudgingly admitted that the show was a turning point in his career.

So what did make the show so hugely popular? The plot twists were predictable, but it was the acting, mostly Lee Min Ho’s, and the chemistry between the leads is what carried the show forward. Lee Min Ho brought a sense of urgency and intensity to Junpyo halfway through the season, making it hard to turn away.

You begin to feel for Junpyo, a man who misses his father, and is torn between his future and the woman he loves. Lee Min Ho brings all the warring demons to the fore, in the form of silent tears, anguished screams or just heavy silences. His character along with Ji-Hoo’s are actually well developed and get layers as the season progresses, while we are suddenly thrust with a storyline for So Ji-Yeong. Jan Di’s character follows the script of many shows — the good poor girl, who is sweet enough to cause diabetes, and will sacrifice for the one she loves. Oh, and she wants to be a doctor. That’s about it.

It’s an established norm, that men get such substantial plotlines, layers and experience, while the woman has a fixed path to follow, without much changing in the arc of her character. To be fair, Koo Hye-Sun gave the character all she had, but there was only so much she could do with it—cry, fight or sacrifice.

The show wasn’t a spectacular work of art and neither did it spell some profound lessons on the divide between the poor and the rich—but it had several memorable scenes, including the one where a teary Junpyo runs after Jan Di’s bus after she breaks up with him. He finally stops trying, and sits on a road, crying and screaming. This scene is like a brutal twist of a knife, followed by a similar one with him crying at the airport. Basically, any scene that had Lee Min Ho crying.

Spoiler

LeeMIn12-1.jpg

Today, the show wouldn’t be quite such a hit and will be dissected brutally on social media, as Lee Min Ho’s character would be labelled a toxic and abusive bully, who slowly changes over time thanks to love, because what is an angry man without a fiery and independent woman? There would be protest about Kim Bum’s character as well, who has a dark past. He requires a woman to make him see the light, and it so happens to be Jan Di’s best friend. The women have served as convenient plot devices to advance the narrative for the men…you know, that old chestnut.

Spoiler

lee-min12.jpg?resize=1536,864

Don’t get me wrong. The show was thoroughly addictive for the lovers of mush, romance and cheese—you might want to just keep a few brain cells aside when watching it.

https://indianexpress.com/article/entertainment/web-series/13-years-of-boys-over-flowers-lee-min-ho-7718151/

• Like 7