Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Pachinko Season 2 Aug 23 on Apple TV+; Upcoming Drama 2025: Ask the Stars; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

6 hours ago, Nikaa94 said:

yes, I bet LMH's pay alone for each episode requires a huge budget. :glasses: First they need to prepare for his pay. 

LMH's project always create a lot of buzz and attention from media and netizens. Why? Because he is Lee Min ho!!

Look he updates his IG and the article on Naver makes it to top 10 list. Imagine the views of his come back project.

There is no way LMH can avoid high expectations from people. It comes very naturally because LMH is a very established and popular star in SK. That is why LMH and his agency should try best to choose a good project. If the offered projects are not good and recycle same story, then it is best to wait. Or just lets move on to movie industry!

Why dramas have same story? Why would writers recycle another writer idea and change it to produce drama. The man who doesn't die... the first thing that comes to mind is Goblin.SK drama industry seem to be interested in making a lot of fantasy dramas. But they all used the ideas before. Why not focus on action melodramas? 

12 hours ago, leeminhosny said:

I found this LOBS thread, yes I right so LOBS was on Netflix last year, somebody said LOBS never was on Netflix  I wonder it is still here?

leeminhosny, the drama is no longer on Netflix but it's on HULU. :blush:

Nikaa not all Korean dramas share the same plot, of course, but they do follow a pattern, a series of intense, unrealistic events, which nevertheless captures human emotion. Now there is no certain reason for the similar pattern. That is something that just happens, they are not diverse. I think most creative people have trouble throwing things away. This same feeling can apply to writing ideas. For most creative people, there’s nothing stopping you from choosing to recycle writing ideas into newer, fresher material. There’s no reason why an idea that isn’t quite right at one time won’t be perfect at another. So, for me you should recycle writing ideas. How can you recycle writing ideas? Change the format, change the genre (like you add some romance to the horror story), change the target audience, & change the protagonist/antagonist’s gender. There’s a distinct difference between recycling and repetition, and it’s one you should be wary of. A lot of writers reuse the same themes, or stick within genres with which their names are synonymous. That’s absolutely fine, but if these same themes are repeated too often, or are too unaltered, you may be in danger of seeming lazy or predictable. That's why, there's a saying : "Good Writers Borrow, Great Writers Remix" - :grin:

• Like 6

On 1/12/2009 at 6:24 PM, Guest peanutboy said:

F4 Lee Min-Ho, the next generation Hallyu star in waiting

Spoiler

Original article: Global Daily’ Asia Today, Yoon Na-Rae

Translated: shyangz @ soompi.com

There has been growing interest in Lee Min-Ho (21), who is acting as F4 leader Gu Jun-Pyo in the drama “Boys before Flowers”.

Ratings for the 1st airing of “Boys before Flowers” on 5th Jan, were high, which continued into the 2nd episode as well.

The original “Boys over Flowers” manga were already quite popular, and after drama versions from Japan and Taiwan were produced, it is no exaggeration to say that the 4 pretty boy characters of F4 are deeply ingrained in the hearts of those in their teens and 20s.

The drama production team also put in a lot of effort in the casting of actors similar to the drama’s character, including Lee Min-Ho, who has been praised for his great resemblance to Tsukasa Domyoji (Gu Jun-Pyo).

Netizens have been visiting Lee Min-Ho’s mini-homepage, leaving comments like “the coolest among F4”, “your perm fits you ”, and awaiting more good acting from him in the drama.

Gu Jun-Pyo is the 2nd generation heir of Korea’s conglomerate “Shinhwa Group” who receives scant attention from his parents, resulting in a character that seems warped on the outside but is actually quite pure and sincere. Together with Geum Chan-Di (acted by Gu Hye-Son), they will have a relationship of many ups and downs.

This Korean versio

Netizens have been visiting Lee Min-Ho’s mini-homepage, leaving comments like “the coolest among F4”, “your perm fits you ”, and awaiting more good acting from him in the drama.

Gu Jun-Pyo is the 2nd generation heir of Korea’s conglomerate “Shinhwa Group” who receives scant attention from his parents, resulting in a character that seems warped on the outside but is actually quite pure and sincere. Together with Geum Chan-Di (acted by Gu Hye-Son), they will have a relationship of many ups and downs.

This Korean version of “Boys over Flowers” has also been receiving much attention from overseas, which is a good opportunity for the birth of the next g

This Korean versio

This Korean version of “Boys over Flowers” has also been receiving much attention from overseas, which is a good opportunity for the birth of the next generation of Hallyu stars.

n of “Boys over Flowers” has also been receiving much attention from overseas, which is a good opportunity for the birth of the next generation of Hallyu stars.

eneration of Hallyu stars.

n of “Boys over Flowers” has also been receiving much attention from overseas, which is a good opportunity for the birth of the next generation of Hallyu stars.

On 1/15/2009 at 10:24 AM, Guest Qi Luo said:

Actor Lee Min-ho: "Past trials led me

to drama role"

090114ew6.jpgMain lead of the KBS 2TV drama "Boys over Flowers"

Spoiler

The latest heartthrob for Korean women is the young actor Lee Min-ho, the hero of the new hit KBS 2TV drama (airing Mon-Tues) "Boys over Flowers." His casting as the hero of this drama series, extremely popular across Asia, created a buzz from the start. Any handsome actor would covet the role of one of the members of the "F4," a group of rich and popular boys at a school where the story takes place.

The Korean cast for F4 was finally revealed and the casting of a complete novice actor, Lee (22), for the role of F4 leader "Gu Jun-pyo" was almost shocking.

The series has kicked off and Lee has literally become a star overnight, silencing doubts of how he would handle the heavyweight role. His name tops various Internet search-word lists and 100,000 fans visit his Internet homepage each day.

The "F4 craze" has hit Korea since the drama series was also made in Taiwan and Japan, and Lee is at the center of it all. But he had his share of trials thus far. He debuted in the 2006 EBS drama "The Secret Campus" but had to take a year off after a car accident. After his rehabilitation, he landed his first lead role in the SBS high teen drama "Mackerel Run!" but the series ran short.

Lee said, "If I didn't have the accident and continued acting I might not have been able to meet 'Jun-pyo.' I shiver at this thought. What I suffered led me to this breakthrough role. I worried about the role because I'm unknown to the public, but of course I was thrilled to be cast."

But the title role of the super popular Asian drama series is actually a heavy burden to shoulder.

Jun-pyo is the heir to Korea's number one conglomerate group and a typical spoiled and arrogant character. He is hot-tempered and rough, but also has childlike innocence. A polar opposite of his friend Ji-hu (played by Kim Hyeon-jung), Jun-pyo has his heart firmly set on Geum Jan-di (Gu Hye-seon), the daughter of a working class family who runs a dry cleaning store.

Women viewers empathize with the rich F4 boys doting on Jan-di. They also get to love Jun-pyo as more of his sides are shown and say he is attractive in many ways. Women want to take care of him and be embraced by him at the same time.

He is a high school student in the drama, but Lee is actually on leave from Konkuk Univ. where he majors in cinema/art. What is Lee really like? He said, "I think I'm somewhere between Jun-pyo and Jan-di. I have both sides of them. This cute handsome guy role is unfamiliar though. I can totally carry a pathetic role as well (laugh). But for now, I hope to be Jun-pyo and him alone."

Source: KBS Entertaintment News [ 2009-01-14 ]

I am missing LMH so much to a point I'm re-watching BOF to get rid of TKEM syndrome. Lol!

This strategy isn't working at all. Now I am back to this early thread and reading early posts. What interesting is as early as after 2 epi of BOF so many people already predicted he gonna be the next Hallyu star or the next Asian sensations purely base on his charisma and acting alone when he was an unknown newbie at the time. LOOK AT NOWADAYS all their predictions came true! Reliving the moment is gold :thumbsup::tounge_wink:

• Like 10
  • Awesome 3

3 hours ago, syntyche said:

It is #1 on Netflix in the sense that it is the only Korean content in the Top 10 World Ranking

I remember there's an article that Netflix said "The King" was Top 9 world ranking. So Netflix should have their own way to calculate the ranking but is not opened.

Here's a picture of 14-year-old LMH when he was a junior high student.  :doggie:

007U7Fy9gy1gg3738m8q6j30u00u4gr1.jpg

Source : IG

• Like 5
  • Love 3

10 minutes ago, happivirus said:

I am missing LMH so much to a point I'm re-watching BOF to get rid of TKEM syndrome. Lol!

This strategy isn't working at all. Now I am back to this early thread and reading early posts. What interesting is as early as after 2 epi of BOF so many people already predicted he gonna be the next Hallyu star or the next Asian sensations purely base on his charisma and acting alone when he was an unknown newbie at the time. LOOK AT NOWADAYS all their predictions came true! Reliving the moment is gold :thumbsup::tounge_wink:

And now, he is a Hallyu King.:hypehype:

He has come a long way. So proud of him

• Like 3
  • Love 7

restmb_jhidxmake.php?idx=5&simg=20200624

The Holt Children's Welfare Association (Chairman Kim Ho-hyun) announced on the 24th that actor Lee Min-ho's fan club "DC Inside Lee Min-ho Gallery" delivered 2.8 million won in donations to the Holt Children's Welfare Association to commemorate Lee Min-ho's birthday (June 22).

The birthday fund will be used in full for the Holt Children's Welfare Association's medical expenses for children in crisis. Members of the "DC Inside Lee Min-ho Gallery" sponsored 4.1 million won at the end of 2019 to support baby food for adoption.

Meanwhile, actor Lee Min-ho established the donation brand 'Promiz' in 2014 with the goal of 'sharing happiness and practicing now' to continue the pleasant sharing. In particular, Promiz and Holt Children's Welfare Association has been carrying out the Excellence project since 2018 to support the milk supply for babies for adoption.

In addition, to join the star's sharing activities, the fan club "DC Inside Lee Min-ho Gallery" has been practicing various sharing activities since 2016 such as providing heating expenses, sponsoring children with heart disease, and supporting milk for adopted children through Holt Children's Welfare Association. This is a positive example of the continued interest and sharing of love between stars and fans in society.

The Holt Children's Welfare Association is a children's welfare institution representing Korea and abroad that practices professional social welfare for underprivileged neighbors, starting with adoption welfare in 1955 to find new families for children suffering from loss of parents due to war and poverty, including children's welfare, single parents' welfare, disability welfare, community welfare, multicultural family support, and overseas poverty support in Cambodia, Mongolia, Tanzania, and Nepal.

http://pop.heraldcorp.com/view.php?ud=202006241317349116537_1

• Like 9
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 3
  • Thanks 1

Lee Min Ho now has 17.4 M followers on IG

17.3--> 17.4  in less than 24 hours?

(if no news of interview, insta Live, photoshooting, magazine, offers, projects, etc.. ):crybaby:

at least we have news of increase in followers :glasses:, today was quiet :joy:

• Like 3
  • LOL 5
  • Love 3

29 minutes ago, Nikaa94 said:

sorry for cutting your post short.

what is electronic display? What program is this? LMH will appear?

d5cd3a8c44d6825e5839a8797fdf2343.jpg

Advertising on the led display at the famous New York Times Square is huge! 

NY Times Square is known for its bright signs and billboards, which are usually seen in movies and during New Year's celebration. This is one of the busiest tourist attractions in the world, so a Times Square ad can reach a wide audience - around 380,000 pedestrians go through the square everyday, including 115,000 drivers and passengers. As such, the cost of an ad there for a day can start at $5,000 and can go well up to well over $50,000.

https://www.investopedia.com/articles/investing/022315/high-cost-advertising-times-square.asp  

• Like 6
  • Awesome 2
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Nikaa94 said:

sorry for cutting your post short.

what is electronic display? What program is this? LMH will appear?

Nikaa, it's a screen display device for presentation of images, text, or video transmitted electronically. The most common are LCD screens, which use liquid crystal cells to display content and LED screens that are based on Light Emitting technology. OR in simple term : When the input information is supplied as an electrical signal, the display is called electronic display. No, he won't be there only his electronic display will be in that place. :blush:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Emil Dardak Campaigns Use of Masks To Be As Handsome As Lee Min Ho

947521_720.jpg

TEMPO.CO , Jakarta - East Java Deputy Governor Emil Dardak  turns out to be following the development of Korean dramas. This knowledge of dramas was exhibited when campaigning using a mask on his Instagram account on Tuesday evening, June 23, 2020. 

"Come on, wear a mask. If you wear a mask similar to that of Lee Min Ho of The King: Eternal Monarch, half of your face is already as handsome as he is," he wrote, adding a laugh emoticon. 

Reading this post, a netizen commented on it by writing the title for the role played by Lee Min Ho. "Pheya," wrote @aisyhmin. Lee Min Ho in The  King: Eternal  Monarch  plays Lee Gon, where he is called "Pheya" in his world.

Unexpectedly, this comment was answered by Emil by giving a comment that proves he did follow the course of this drama. "If you call Lee Gon, "Pheya," that means you are a citizen of Kingdom of Corea from another world," Emil answered.  

https://seleb.tempo.co/read/1357006/emil-dardak-kampanye-pakai-masker-biar-seganteng-lee-min-ho/full&view=ok

• Like 2
  • LOL 7

9 minutes ago, HR. said:

I stumbled upon a tiktok of a compilation of LMH's pictures. I've never seen the 5th picture before, I couldn't figure out how to post a separate image here so I'll just post the link: https://www.tiktok.com/@t0inky/video/6812297348983573766. If anyone knows where the 5th image is from (LMH with a champagne glass), please let me know. :huh:

HR,  just copy the upload image & paste it here in the submit reply box - then Click it to finish - as simple as that. You may try it. In case, it won't work, right click the image then click "view the image info" / copy the location (Your picture must end in gif or jpg or png), then open the "insert other media (you could see that below the reply box then choose "insert image from URL" paste it there then click "insert into post" or there are times that after pasting the image the picture is shown right away. I hope I made this clear for you – :blush:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, HR. said:

I stumbled upon a tiktok of a compilation of LMH's pictures. I've never seen the 5th picture before, I couldn't figure out how to post a separate image here so I'll just post the link: https://www.tiktok.com/@t0inky/video/6812297348983573766. If anyone knows where the 5th image is from (LMH with a champagne glass), please let me know. :huh:

@HR. It's from his photo shoot for DAZED Korea 2020

lee-min-ho-1.jpg&key=4a0ff2e0b7fa61eb3f3

more photos here:

https://forums.soompi.com/topic/82760-lee-min-ho-♥-이민호-♥-ィミンホ-♥-李敏鎬/?do=findComment&comment=21661711

https://www.soompi.com/article/1372422wpp/lee-min-ho-talks-about-his-health-facing-a-new-point-in-his-career

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2

NISI20200417_0000513967_web.jpg?rnd=2020

Competition for models in the chicken industry is on fire. From top star Lee Min-ho, they have selected popular stars as models and are enjoying great promotional effects.

According to BBQ on Monday, sales jumped 40 percent year-on-year this year. The selection of Lee Min-ho as an advertising model is highly effective. After his discharge from the military, he also sponsored an advertisement for the SBS TV drama "The King: Eternal Monarch" to secure a young customer base. The popularity of the new product 'Hot Golden Olive Chicken', which was released in April, also played a role. It has surpassed 1 million orders in about two months, contributing to a rise in sales.

"After selecting Lee Min-ho as the model, sales soared," a BBQ official said. I paid quite a lot of advertising money, but it worked more than that. "Although we signed a one-year contract, there is a high possibility that we will continue our relationship as it has a huge promotional effect," he said. 

https://newsis.com/view/?id=NISX20200624_0001071375&cID=13001&pID=13000

• Like 9
  • Awesome 5

6 hours ago, Nikaa94 said:

Lee Min Ho now has 17.4 M followers on IG

17.3--> 17.4  in less than 24 hours?

(if no news of interview, insta Live, photoshooting, magazine, offers, projects, etc.. ):crybaby:

at least we have news of increase in followers :glasses:, today was quiet :joy:

He gained 500K just in 4 days:piggie:

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 6

11 hours ago, gtLmh0622 said:

A big earthquake in Mexico, hope our friend @msdot is fine. 

LMH won the 1st place of the poll in Mar. 2020 :

86e50a36ly1gg34pdcbyrj20ku112x5q.jpghat w

What was he # 1 for in March April and May? What poll was that?

I heard that IQYI (not sure of correct name) in China is a legal streaming site that can have Kdramas so is King on that site or can they sell to that site so that Chinese can watch it legally?

• Like 5

1 hour ago, CallieP said:

What was he # 1 for in March April and May? What poll was that?

I heard that IQYI (not sure of correct name) in China is a legal streaming site that can have Kdramas so is King on that site or can they sell to that site so that Chinese can watch it legally?

Isn't IQIYI like Netflix and Viki? They require specific License for shows to distribute/AIR I think. Like Viki had exclusive rights to LOTBS , later Netflix certain parts got rights to air it years later , and TK:EM is Netflix Exclusive and New show Backstreet Rookie is IQIYI exclusive so that is not on viki/netflix. I don't think TKEM is available there.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, gtLmh0622 said:

A big earthquake in Mexico, hope our friend @msdot is fine. 

Thanks for your kind thought, @gtLmh0622! The earthquake was on the coast and the city of Oaxaca, where I live, is in a mountain valley and suffered only minor damage. It's always interesting to live in an earthquake zone!

14 hours ago, HR. said:

If anyone knows where the 5th image is from (LMH with a champagne glass), please let me know

I think this was from a photo shoot for an international  hotel chain he's promoting as an "ambassador". Can't remember the name of it. It's from last year.

On 6/23/2020 at 2:10 PM, CallieP said:

It is a trend. I know LMH had to perm his hair for GJP because character had curly hair but for PT and CH, that was the hair style then because I noticed other actors sporting the same style during those years, very apparent during the year of PT and the year of CH. The second lead had the same hair style.  So did actors in other dramas. LMH had to grow his hair for Faith but after it ended, he cut it and that was his next style when Heirs came around. All other actors had the same or similar style too.

Part of why I like Faith so much is that I got to see him in three different longer hair styles. He grew his hair out but for the first style I believe he also wore extensions. I read somewhere that it took 5 hours to put the extensions in and I'm sure they had to be updated regularly during filming.

#1:

qW5fWlC.png

#2:

yVpNCSV.png

#3:

G1rXXB1.png

• Like 3
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 2