Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Pachinko Season 2 Aug 23 on Apple TV+; Upcoming Drama 2025: Ask the Stars; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

Lee Min Ho And Lee Jung Jin Reunite For Dramatic Confrontation In “The King: Eternal Monarch”

Lee Min Ho And Lee Jung Jin Reunite For Dramatic Confrontation In “The King: Eternal Monarch”

May 15, 2020
by C. Lee

Lee Min Ho and Lee Jung Jin will face off in a dramatic reunion in SBS’s “The King: Eternal Monarch”!

“The King: Eternal Monarch” tells the story of Emperor Lee Gon (Lee Min Ho) and detective Jung Tae Eul (Kim Go Eun), who live in parallel universes where Korea is a constitutional monarchy and democracy respectively, but work together to try and save peoples’ lives.

Spoiler

In the previous episode, Lee Gon realized that Lee Rim (Lee Jung Jin), who killed Lee Gon’s father Emperor Lee Ho (Kwon Yool) and took the other half of the legendary flute of the Silla Dynasty (manpashikjeok), is still alive and able to stop time when he travels to the alternate universe like Lee Gon. However, unlike Lee Rim, who can tell which universe Lee Gon is in thanks to the imperial spy, Lee Gon unfortunately cannot know which world Lee Rim has gone to.

The newly released stills capture Lee Gon and Lee Rim in the moments before a dramatic confrontation amidst a large crowd, creating a chilling atmosphere. Lee Gon looks on with his cold gaze while Lee Rim, who is not shaken by Lee Gon’s energy, faces him with as much charisma and power. Will Lee Rim be able to recognize Lee Gon 25 years after the night of treason?

lee-min-ho-lee-jung-jin.jpg

The confrontation scene was filmed in April at Haeundae District in Busan. Even after props were being set up to represent the Korean Empire late into the night, a large crowd of people formed to watch the filming. Lee Min Ho and Lee Jung Jin put their heart and souls into their acting for the dramatic scene as their newly formed audience cheered. The crowd and staff applauded as the actors successfully wrapped up their scene.

The production team commented, “We captured Lee Min Ho and Lee Jung Jin’s heart-stopping charisma battle through a one-of-a-kind atmosphere. Please stay tuned to see how Lee Gon and Lee Rim, who both hold one half of the legendary flute and travel through time, will approach each other, and what will become of them.”

“The King: Eternal Monarch” airs Fridays and Saturdays at 10 p.m. KST.

Source (1)

https://www.soompi.com/article/1400402wpp/lee-min-ho-and-lee-jung-jin-reunite-for-dramatic-confrontation-in-the-king-eternal-monarch

• Like 9

3 hours ago, leeminhosny said:

And I hope PD will edit well:wacko: I won't watch live today, then I get angry while waiting Lee Gon scene, I will wait translation today 

leeminhosny, I couldn't agree with you more - to edit well. And also wishfully thinking that they can go back those previous EPs to somehow re-edit them to make the love story more credible. Although, I know this is impossible. :blush: 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Nikaa94 said:

The King's day!!! Finally!! :D I won't watch it live. By the time I wake up tomorrow, the episode has already been subbed. I will be waiting in my sleep to see a lot of Lee Gon. :wub: I am most excited about him and LR scene. Hope we get to see Lee Gon a lot in the first part of episode 9. 

Nikaa, 8 EPs more to go..... I'm curious & excited what the next upcoming EPs has in store. It keeps getting better & better.  :blush:

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, willenette said:

Nikaa, 8 EPs more to go..... I'm curious & excited what the next upcoming EPs has in store. It keeps getting better & better.  :blush:

If Lee Gon and LR will meet soon on episode 9, that means a lot will be going on from now on with fast pace. I think their confrontation changes the pace and direction of the drama. Fight with LR, proposal, wedding, kids, and so on. lol :D . I’m not sure about having kids but I think their love story levels up every episode. :D Lee Gon will be busier from now on. On one hand LR, on the other hand protecting Tae Euliii. :wub:

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, Nikaa94 said:

If Lee Gon and LR will meet soon on episode 9, that means a lot will be going on from now on with fast pace. I think their confrontation changes the pace and direction of the drama. Fight with LR, proposal, wedding, kids, and so on. lol :D . I’m not sure about having kids but I think their love story levels up every episode. :D Lee Gon will be busier from now on. On one hand LR, on the other hand protecting Tae Euliii. :wub:

Nikaa, couldn't agree with you more - on the wedding..... :blush:

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1

韓国観光公社 FB update

EYDEFY3U0AAvW31?format=jpg&name=small

Spoiler

EYDEFyAU8AEecqQ?format=jpg&name=small

MYM IG update

A pleasant time with MINOMI
Let's watch it on time today.
Cheering on Lee Gon's dark revenge, see you at 10pm

EYDIRy_UEAMs27o?format=jpg&name=small

EYDIRdsUMAAgAvh?format=jpg&name=small

Hide contents

EYDISFMUcAUTjUT?format=jpg&name=small

EYDISXzUMAIr6FW?format=jpg&name=small

• Like 6

Hide contents

0e3488fd83de440da2d29c581d0493fe.jpeg?s=

Lee Min Ho And Kim Go Eun Continue To Express Sweet Affection On “The King: Eternal Monarch”

SBS’s “The King: Eternal Monarch” released more heart-fluttering stills of Kim Go Eun and Lee Min Ho!

Spoiler

Previously, Lee Gon (Lee Min Ho) and Jung Tae Eul (Kim Go Eun) began their alliance in order to take down Lee Rim (Lee Jung Jin). As the two began to investigate Lee Rim’s case together, they began to develop tender feelings for one another. However, unlike Lee Gon who confessed from their first encounter, Jung Tae Eul took time in realizing her feelings for Lee Gon. Once she finally discovered her true feelings, she confessed, “I love you,” and the two began their fateful romance.

In the upcoming episodes, Lee Gon and Jung Tae Eul will continue their heartfelt romance with a beautiful sunset scene in the background. The newly released stills reveal that the two are headed towards an unfamiliar place together. As they make their way, Lee Gon and Jung Tae Eul send affectionate glances and appear delighted just to be together. The couple sweetly holds hands while expressing various intimate emotions, making viewers excited to see how their romance will develop.

Kim-Go-Eun-Lee-Min-Ho.jpg

The scene in the stills was filmed in April in Paju of Gyeonggi Province. During filming, the two eased their nervousness on set with their bright energy. Before completely immersing into their characters’ emotions, Lee Min Ho and Kim Go Eun also playfully showcased their chemistry.

The production team shared that Lee Min Ho and Kim Go Eun created a heart-fluttering scene by perfectly capturing their characters’ affectionate emotions, adding that their sweet chemistry will continue in the upcoming episode.

“The King: Eternal Monarch” airs on Fridays and Saturdays at 10 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1400458wpp/lee-min-ho-and-kim-go-eun-continue-to-express-sweet-affection-on-the-king-eternal-monarch

• Like 7

Chingus, So proud of our man today  :bawling: it’s 2am and my heart is still racing like wild fire. he is even hotter when he’s angry and oh that scary eyes !! Today’s epic ending is a slap on the face to his whoever criticizes his acting. 

• Like 10
  • Love 2

Omg! What a total transformation this episode! Lee Min-ho is so so so good! It's so awesome how he can change from the dark scary king to the cheesy line delivering sweet guy in a matter of seconds. His voice! His posture! His eyes! I dont want to show how crazy I really am about him so sharing it here! We dont even need a doppelganger! Hes doing it all with this one character! Still not over the episode! I think I'm going to watch it again! 

• Like 14
  • Love 2

6 hours ago, Edgar Pordwed said:

Omg! What a total transformation this episode! Lee Min-ho is so so so good! It's so awesome how he can change from the dark scary king to the cheesy line delivering sweet guy in a matter of seconds. His voice! His posture! His eyes! I dont want to show how crazy I really am about him so sharing it here! We dont even need a doppelganger! Hes doing it all with this one character! Still not over the episode! I think I'm going to watch it again! 

That's the reason I thought we might see Lee Ji-hun--so LMH could show his acting range.  But as you said, he's doing it with one character.  Bravo to him!  He just keeps slaying no matter what people say or think.  :D

• Like 12
  • Awesome 2

LMH twt update

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/109/0004207324?lfrom=twitter

EYCaQ4eU0AE-3zF?format=jpg&name=small

EYCaPaxUMAER0lH?format=jpg&name=small

Lee Min-ho's explosive emotional performance held even viewers breath.

Lee Min-ho's roar of anger toward Lee Jung-jin in the SBS Friday-Saturday drama "The King: Eternal Monarch" overwhelmed viewers with stifling tension, heralding a fierce confrontation. 

Lee Min-ho's passionate performance, which naturally expands the amplitude of Lee Gon's emotions, from his overwhelming feelings to his relentless efforts to catch Lee Rim in the Korean Empire, gave him an unprecedented sense of immersion.

And finally, Lee Min-ho, who has been calmly saving his emotions for the second half of the drama, completed the tense scene in the ninth episode as he burst out when he came to face Lee Jung-jin.

# A thrilling declaration of war for Lee Jung-jin, "You'll have to hide better."

Lee Min-ho, like an emperor, increased his immersion with his acting, as he showed great power even with a single tone of speech. "You'll have to hide better. I just found out that you are in Korea now" - the declaration of war made viewers feel stifling tension and thrilling catharsis at the same time.

# The start of judgment 

Staring fiercely at Lee Sang-do, who was so nervous, Lee Gon said, "How could you when you don't even have the guts nor the caliber," pressing down his anger, feeling a different level of pressure than before.

# Confrontation after 25 years - a strong roar ending "Rebellious Lee Rim!"

Lee Min-ho's roar, "Rebel Lee Rim!" marked the all-time ending by raising dramatic tension and immersion to the highest level. Unlike the situation 25 years ago when he fought against his uncle Lee Rim with his small physique, Lee Gon's overwhelming charisma now looking down at Lee Rim gave a thrill, and Lee Min-ho's hot performance, which quickly dominated the screen, was well received.  

# Heartbreaking words "Can't you live with me in my world?”

"I'm going to miss you so much, can you come with me? Can't you live with me in my world?" Lee Min-ho's heartfelt words further heightened the affectionate atmosphere and touched the hearts of viewers.

On the other hand, Lee Gon, who was viewing CCTV footage of the Korean Empire, was shocked as a yo-yo boy near a bookstore stared at him through the screen. When the boy bounces the yo-yo, thunder and lightning hit the window and he felt the pain in his shoulder. In addition, strange points such as the date of May 27, 2022 on the screen, Jeong Tae-eul's change of clothes, and nonexistent bookstore, were vividly portrayed with Lee Min-ho's shaky eyes, redoubling the sense of urgency. 

The 10th episode of the SBS Friday-Saturday drama "The King," which features Lee Min-ho's passionate performance, will air at 10 p.m. today (16th) Saturday.

MYM IG update

The 9th episode ended with a powerful roar! Should we write down the most memorable scenes?
The scene of heart-pounding emotions, Lee Min Ho's acting which we cannot take eyes off, brave actions to catch Lee Rim, and enraging encounter in the Corean Empire.

• Like 12

I just finished watching ep 9.  OMG OMG finally our King!  His shouting "Lee Lim" at end didn't even sound like his voice at all did it?:o

7 hours ago, Edgar Pordwed said:

LMH has been able to switch on and off since BOF.  There was a special "filler" interview of the F4 when GHS was injured.  The interviewer asked LMH to recite a line LMH shyly laughed, then in an instant became GJP.  It's interesting to watch given that he was young at the time.  

Are we ready to watch the confrontation tonight?  woo hoo!

• Like 10
  • Love 3