Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Pachinko Season 2 Aug 23 on Apple TV+; Upcoming Drama 2025: Ask the Stars; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

A message to those haters and people who criticize LMH’s acting who claim he can’t act and he is just famous for his looks. If you are checking out this site in Soompi, I hope you read this:

An actor works on the role he is given. If he portrays that role well, then he did a good job. I have seen several where the actor does good without having to cry profusely or get angry all the time. He stays even keel and steady and if that is what the role requires, he has done a great job e.g. Designated survivor, the president learns on the job first unsure and then more confident. The actor remained even keel the whole time no theatrics and I think he did great. Same as LMH in King, he practiced hard to speak in royal speaking style, rides a horse regally and looks every inch a king. He has done a good job. He also looks every inch a prince charming, sweet suitor to the one he loves.

I want to point out other scenes in other dramas or movies where LMH performed wonderfully and why I think he can act very well.  I was not one of those who was drawn to LMH because of BOF and Goo Jun Pyo.  

Poo Chai in City Hunter did it for me. I recognized the BOF guy on the elephant. Did not even know his real name, but he really impressed me as shaggy-haired, unkempt, casually dressed Poo Chai, cheeky, throwing his apple at a gangster and rescuing this guy he recognized as Korean in Thailand. I loved the part where he was shocked and raced after the killers at the death of the Thai lady who nursed him. Then sobbing like a child when his father was injured because of him. I have never seen another adult actor who sobbed so convincingly like a child crying and terrified, realizing his dad was injured saving him. Loved the way he talked to the photograph and talked with his mouth full, enjoying the Korean food.  He was such a natural as Poo Chai. The short time he was Poo Chai convinced me that he CAN act. Then he grew up and changed to this suave, smart adult who could fight so well. He never really cried after that. Trying to be cold and angry at his mom but hurt inside. No real romance but you could tell they cared for each other and I liked the part when they lived together, some funny moments. CH showed LMH’s action skills as well, and how he turned dark for a moment willing to let the guy fall of the bridge and then rushing back to save him, or when he was shot by PMY and the look on his face before he jumped off the building. When he stabbed his own hand and pleaded with his father to be on his side, the look on his face was so painful.

He is a skilled actor. From comedic, serious, charming, caring, angry, tender, gentle, mean, arrogant, sad, desperate, hurt, calm, macho, cruel, loyal, violent, lover boy, wooden, cold, childish.  He has done them all.

Then Faith, when he hugged his previous king and smiled, you see him change from an uncaring warrior to an affectionate underling. Then when he had to kill the king, his silent tears and tenderness as he stabbed his king, like he stabbed his own heart. When Eun Soo looked at him in horror, his pleading her to stay and trust him. When he knelt down and was arrested, his stared hard at her for some understanding from her and when she avoided him, he slumped and his bitter smile was so spot on. When she put the flower in his hair and the way he looked at her, unable to figure her out, just the right expression without words.

In LOTBS, in one of his con jobs during the first or second episode, he acted like a doofus and as he left, his faced changed back to normal, that to me was excellent acting too. When he thought he was protecting Sim Cheong against the goons and looked at his fist and then at her after he had punched one of them while she was in the background decimating the rest of them. I thought that expression was classic and comedic timing excellent. When he realized he was jealous of himself, that scene was also so funny. He was totally different as the scholar official in the Saguek part of the story. Viewers thought that JJH would eclipse him but he kept his own and was equal to her in the drama.

I later watched BOF again and this time, familiar with the story, I started to concentrate on watching LMH’s acting and could see why he won fame. His arrogant behavior in the beginning, smashing a cake on a student’s face, then imagining Jandi kowtowing to him, and asking her why she would not like someone who has money, looks, brains, etc. Then his wooing her. From arrogance, to wonder, to capitulation, changing to a decent human being, you see all the emotions, LMH displayed in that one drama. That endeared him to millions of fans and to BOF which was really a messy drama without him saving it. The location filming was another draw to the drama.

In Gangnam Blues, you see him as a tough and brutal gangster but totally loyal to his boss and friend, the pain at the betrayal of his friend. The unrequited love he has for his adopted sister. The tears he shed when he learnt that his boss had registered him under his family. One of his best portrayals, I am glad he went out of his comfort zone to do GB even though it did not do well at the box office.

You can’t tell me LMH cannot act. He is as good as all the other actors if not better. I do think he is gorgeous now but that was not what attracted me to him. Another attraction is his real personality. He is still so down to earth and caring even with all that fame and adoration.

• Like 13
  • Love 6

15 hours ago, CallieP said:

No, I was not asking for the video. I read a post that said that there are 2 million views for King  on Netflix and I wanted to know where the person got that information from, and if the 2 million views were for just one country e.g. SK or it is for the total views on Netflix.

You sent me this link Swoon Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpiCK8c6PBktcxq7Az_t4RQ/videos

but I did not find the information I was looking for. I hope this answers your question.  Thanks for trying to help me.

The Swoon is as Netflix that shows contents according to where your IP is except you use VPN. For example, if I search The Swoon on YouTube, I will get The Swoon (Taiwan), views of each video are only calculated in Taiwan. So, the same video will has different numbers of views in different countries.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://www.soompi.com/article/1399836wpp/lee-min-ho-shares-his-warm-smile-with-everyone-behind-the-scenes-on-the-king-eternal-monarch

efc6ff63c416478ab7011a7178ef2f05.jpeg?s=

Lee Min Ho Shares His Warm Smile With Everyone Behind-The-Scenes On “The King: Eternal Monarch”

May 12, 2020
by C. Hong

SBS’s Friday-Saturday drama “The King: Eternal Monarch” has shared some behind-the-scenes photos of Lee Min Ho on set!

“The King: Eternal Monarch” takes place in two parallel universes, one in which Korea is a constitutional monarchy and one that is similar to the current-day republic. Lee Min Ho plays Emperor Lee Gon in one universe and Kim Go Eun plays Detective Jung Tae Eul in another universe.

Lee Min Ho has been captivating viewers with the contrast between his character’s two sides as charismatic emperor and tender romanticist. He perfectly captures his character’s royal aura and frequently showcases his immersive emotional acting. Moreover, he brightens the atmosphere on set even when the cameras aren’t rolling.

lee-min-ho-the-king-eternal-monarch.jpg

Lee Min Ho has been filming “The King: Eternal Monarch” since last October, moving all over the country from Seoul to South Jeolla Province to Busan. He has had to film several horseback riding scenes, which take a lot of stamina, as well as difficult emotional scenes. The fantasy plot of ‘parallel universes’ also required a great deal of mental focus. Despite this, Lee Min Ho never lost his smile and helped his fellow cast and crew members relax whenever he was on set.

In the behind-the-scenes photos revealed on May 12, Lee Min Ho’s warm smile radiates out to everyone on set and brightens the atmosphere. Although he gets into character as soon as the director makes the sign, his smile returns as soon as the cameras stop rolling. In particular, his smile makes an impression in his warmhearted encounters with senior actor Kim Young Ok and his equine co-star Maximus and when he helped the production staff with props between takes.

lee-min-ho-the-king-eternal-monarch.jpeg

“The King: Eternal Monarch” airs on Fridays and Saturdays at 10 p.m. KST.

• Like 9

2 hours ago, gtLmh0622 said:

The Swoon is as Netflix that shows contents according to where your IP is except you use VPN. For example, if I search The Swoon on YouTube, I will get The Swoon (Taiwan), views of each video are only calculated in Taiwan. So, the same video will has different numbers of views in different countries.

I can't understand for example can't you see video with 2M views( I shared video)? 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Lee Min Ho celebrates 14 years of showbiz

The heartthrob went on Instagram to show his gratitude and appreciation to his fans for their support

810a28642f95809af5904107c2311e15.jpg

Lee Min Ho has been in the entertainment industry for 14 years and he has won his way into our hearts. Since his debut in acting, the South Korean actor has starred in a number of roles on television serials.

Some of the popular series includes Boys Over Flowers, The Heirs, Legend of the Blue Sea and Faith. His recent work is The King: Eternal Monarch which is currently on air. Last weekend, Lee Min Ho celebrated his 14-year-anniversary as an actor.

The heartthrob went on Instagram to show gratitude and appreciation to his fans for their support. The video shows him in a car wearing a white hoodie, showing off his dashing smile.

The video is dedicated to his fans as he thanked them for their support all these years and for celebrating his 14th anniversary. He said he appreciates all of them for their loyal following throughout his career and he hopes everyone stays happy.

Lee Min Ho’s current project, SBS series The King: Eternal Monarch has aired eight episodes. He plays emperor Lee Gon in the series opposite Kim Go Eun who plays a detective.

The show is about parallel universes and how the two individuals from different worlds work together to save lives.

Born on 22 June 1987 as Lee Min Ho, Lee is a South Korean actor, singer and model. His fan base includes those in Asia, US, France, Australia, Canada and Italy.

He propelled to stardom after playing Gu Jun-pyo in Boys Over Flowers in 2009. He won the Best New Actor award at the 45th Baeksang Arts Awards for his role.

Other popular works include Personal Taste, City Hunter, The Heirs and Legend of the Blue Sea. Lee also starred in films like Gangnam Blues and Bounty Hunters. He has played romance, comedy, action, fantasy and sci-fi genres.

Source: http://theindependent.sg/lee-min-ho-celebrates-14-years-of-showbiz/

• Like 8

11 hours ago, leeminhosny said:

I can't understand for example can't you see video with 2M views( I shared video)? 

You know when I enter the Swoon in Youtube, all videos are Chinese subtitles, I can't find any English subs.
So, according to my IP address is in Taiwan, the website automatically give me those contents.

When the first trailer of The King came out, I found there's a post on Twitter (from a Philippines Minoz) that the trailer already got several millions of views, but I couldn't find that numbers of views. Finally I knew that it's only in Philippines. Swoon and Netflix have the function to access your IP address and give you the contents in your country.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, gtLmh0622 said:

You know when I enter the Swoon in Youtube, all videos are Chinese subtitles, I can't find any English subs.
So, according to my IP address is in Taiwan, the website automatically give me those contents.

When the first trailer of The King came out, I found there's a post on Twitter (from a Philippines Minoz) that the trailer already got several millions of views, but I couldn't find that numbers of views. Finally I knew that it's only in Philippines. Swoon and Netflix have the function to access your IP address and give you the contents in your country.

OMG so I couldn't understand CallieP , I can see everything now I try with VPN and same, VPN or without VPN it seem me same , OK so you can't see everything 

It seem me like this

PsPK.png

And yes first trailer now 3.5M views

• Like 5

I want the writer of LOTBS to reunite with LMH for his next work. LOTBS was so fun! I loved how playful LMH was. I think playful character is close to his own personality as he is easy going and jokes around with people on the set. 

I know it is too early to talk about his come back. LOL :D But I am going to miss him a lot after TKEM ends. :tears:

• Like 8
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, leeminhosny said:

OMG so I couldn't understand CallieP , I can see everything now I try with VPN and same, VPN or without VPN it seem me same , OK so you can't see everything 

It seem me like this

And yes first trailer now 3.5M views

Maybe you can use VPN to change your country to USA, then you may see what Callie sees.  :)
But why your Swoon is English, not Turkish ?

• Like 2

I think I read this in a Netflix article posted by someone here. Correct me if I am wrong that China created the name Hallyu. Wow!  I thought the ban against Hallyu was because China wanted to prop up their own entertainment industry but if I remember rightly, this same article claimed that SK allowed the US to set up a military base or something, perhaps missiles targeted at China and they did not like it so they retaliated by banning Hallyu. If that is the case, I can't really fault China.  I can't find that article anymore unless someone here who posted it can re-post.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, CallieP said:

I think I read this in a Netflix article posted by someone here. Correct me if I am wrong that China created the name Hallyu. Wow!  I thought the ban against Hallyu was because China wanted to prop up their own entertainment industry but if I remember rightly, this same article claimed that SK allowed the US to set up a military base or something, perhaps missiles targeted at China and they did not like it so they retaliated by banning Hallyu. If that is the case, I can't really fault China.  I can't find that article anymore unless someone here who posted it can re-post.

CallieP,  we all know that Hallyu is a term that means "the Korean wave" & refers to the outflow of Korean culture to other countries abroad. Ye, it's a Chinese term, which when translated literally means "korean wave" :blush: China virtually banned korea wave because SK agreed to establish THAAD (Terminal High Altitude Area Defense) with the US. China government regarded this as a potential risk to Chinese national security. 

• Like 3

I’m not sure if this was ever posted here: JIW speaking about our boy and their accident. 

I love how he said there are many handsome looking people in this world but lmh is considerate and thoughtful. Also, I never get tired of hearing him tell the story about how they met. They are where the real bromance is. 

• Like 13

46 minutes ago, Heretorant said:

I’m not sure if this was ever posted here: JIW speaking about our boy and their accident. 

I love how he said there are many handsome looking people in this world but lmh is considerate and thoughtful. Also, I never get tired of hearing him tell the story about how they met. They are where the real bromance is. 

JIW is talking about Lmh on Tv always:lol: 

• Like 3
  • LOL 2