Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Pachinko Season 2 Aug 23 on Apple TV+; Upcoming Drama 2025: Ask the Stars; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

It is great if we get to see him everyday.:) I wonder if this will keep up though. Will he wear a mask for the whole two years? Anyone know the reason he is doing this? Everyone there recognizes him anyway so it does not hide his identity. At first I thought he might be ill but perhaps there is another reason?

• Like 5

On 5/15/2017 at 11:13 PM, CallieP said:

What is today-in-history and Throw-Back Thursday?

@CallieP these are just the activities of recalling the events happened in the past, and, in our case, they have to be related to LMH. If you find pictures/videos of an event related to LMH that occurred in the past but on the same day you want to post them here, you can name your post as "Today in History". If there are random stuff about him that you like and you don't care about the date, you can post them here on Thursday and name you post "Throw-back-Thursday".

In addition to reminding us of the past, these are good excuses to repost anything you want :-) But or course, if you don't remember the date, or if it is not a Thursday, you can still do all those things .

• Like 2

It seems him going to MS is no different from what his normal work ... if his fan is going there everyday to see him to and off work for the next 2 years, probably the government should put him where he could serve the country more effectively and at the same time making his fan happy, so they do not crowd around  his workplace.  They should put him in the government PR dept acting to promote  and create awareness on various government projects and bridging the people and the government.  This is also public service and since he was promoting tourism and acting as ambassador to the winter olympics, this may not be a bad idea..  I hope someone come out with this idea or a better one because it is really concerning that fan are turning up everyday and people may not tolerate it for long and that will be bad image for him.

Speaking for myself, I like to see him personally one day but at the moment the situation is different where he is serving his country and performing his duties and i say it again, hope everyone leave him in peace. I do not think he will turn his fans away and at the same time, we as fan, may be putting him in a very difficult position if this continue for the whole duration of his service.  The best solution is we can see him everyday at the comfort of our home and he can still perform his duties peacefully .. that will really make me very happy:D

• Like 8

Sorry if this is a repost, but at the end of the clip, do you see 2 gentlemen in formal clothes (dress shirt and tie) who also waited by his car and took pictures of him? They looked quite satisfied hehe... I wonder if they are also fanboys or they took pix because their wives or daughters asked them to :glasses:

• Like 10

On 5/16/2017 at 11:03 PM, gtLmh0622 said:

The news of "Lee Min Ho started military service" are still hot all over the world.

Philippines newspaper :

Indonesia news :

cr as tagged

And MSTARS NEWS :
http://mstarsnews.musictimes.com/articles/128209/20170516/legends-blue-sea-star-lee-min-ho-officially-started-military.htm

Talking about press coverage on this topic, this is what I found on Vietnamese online media outlets:

https://news.google.com/news/story?ncl=d6ymCEzcKNFlq6M-pkP1_6VTQFGWM&q=lee+min+ho+vn&lr=English&hl=vi&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj-kKbgwfTTAhVR4WMKHW1CDL8QqgIILDAA

It looks quite impressive to me.

• Like 6

On 5/16/2017 at 11:18 PM, CarolynH said:

****************************GET EXCITED FOR THE DRAMA REWATCH PAR-TAY**************************************

When:  May 21 (US) --internet provider don't fail me now!

What:  BoF Episode 1--get ready to love some curly hair!

Invitees:  Everybody!  

How can you resist this cutie?

I'm up first as your host.  These rewatches may be a little rough in the beginning until we figure out what works and what doesn't, so please bear with us.   After I set up the first episode, everyone is free to comment, post photos, videos etc.  You can also post CFs because there is only a week between the end of BOF and PT and I know there are a lot of BTS, interviews etc during and following the conclusion of the drama.  It's not necessary to comment on sunday, whenever you have a spare moment is great.  The more people that comment, there more fun and interesting this will be.  

Thank you @CarolynH for starting this. It sounds to me like you are going to live stream it,, but you are not, right? So how is it (the party) is going to be like, and what are we supposed to do? Do we need to be here at certain time (and bring beer or wine :lol: ) ???

• Like 8

@gaeingoh i agree with you. I wish they give him some kind of work wherein the country will benefit from his talents.  He can definitely  boost tourism, so instead of desk work, they should use his popularity and charisma as a PR person. 

Saw this video in twitter where our boy was mentioned and was wondering what they said.. i hope someone can translate:

• Like 11

@gaeingoh I'm happy to see you here chingu. Hope all is well with you and your work. With regard to fans' coverage of his 1st week of civic duty, I'm sure that these are from the foreign fans who wanted to see him off on his first day and stayed for the week. Judging from the videos, the Friday coverage showed less people than on the 1st day so I think that I-Minoz would be giving him peace in the coming weeks. I also read somewhere that he will be assigned elsewhere after a month at Suseo.  I agree with you that LMH may be used better by the Korean government as a PR spokesperson but then LMH may also prefer to do his service quietly.  But who knows right. :)

Innisfree update 20170520

64441a2fgy1ffrmsdum16g20u01hckjl.gif

I understand that "5-2-0" sounds like "I love you" in Chinese :wub:

• Like 12

41 minutes ago, Kris Silva said:

Saw this video in twitter where our boy was mentioned and was wondering what they said.. i hope someone can translate:

@Kris Silva perhaps the link below can help.

Why doesn't it sound like LMH to me? If it really happened, I think it must be 5 years ago at least when he was much younger.

Perhaps the recent interviews made me feel he doesn't like hanging out ???

cr: as tagged

• Like 7

56 minutes ago, Kris Silva said:

@gaeingoh i agree with you. I wish they give him some kind of work wherein the country will benefit from his talents.  He can definitely  boost tourism, so instead of desk work, they should use his popularity and charisma as a PR person. 

From this news https://www.koreadispatch.com/2017/05/20/son-dam-bi-shares-how-she-woke-up-to-lee-min-ho/

• Like 6

23 hours ago, CallieP said:

It is great if we get to see him everyday.:) I wonder if this will keep up though. Will he wear a mask for the whole two years? Anyone know the reason he is doing this? Everyone there recognizes him anyway so it does not hide his identity. At first I thought he might be ill but perhaps there is another reason?

I also wondered the same, then I saw dramafever article which reads:

"Lee Min Ho was dressed simple and semi-formal in a white shirt, black slacks, white sneakers, and a light blue jacket. He wore a black mask to avoid the polluted air or the unnecessary fame, the latter of which obviously didn’t work! ...."

sourcehttps://www.dramafever.com/news/in-photosvideo-lee-min-ho-kicks-off-military-public-service/

Not sure if they are right or not, but it makes sense, huh?

• Like 6

On 5/17/2017 at 11:55 PM, leeminhosny said:

There are 2 Korean drama translation site(from Korean to Turkish) in Turkey. LOBS was the most watched K-drama in 2016 in the biggest site 3 months ago .LOBS has already reached  660.932 number of pageviews.

And LeeMinHo's dramas are the most watched K-drama all time in Turkey

And 11. Faith

17.Personal Taste

@leeminhosny you tempted me to look at how LOBS was doing in Vietnam.

I don't know which ones are the biggest movie sites in Vietnam, but I found this one while I was desperately looking for a site to watch LOBS when it aired. For me, it's a pretty good site. The video quality is not bad. They live streamed LOBS, and if everything went well, about an hour after each episode ended, you started to see the subbed version (in Vietnamese, of course). Here is the number of views as of today on this site:

BanhTVLOBS_zpscc4v4udi.jpg

Source http://banhtv.com/phim/huyen-thoai-bien-xanh-2990.html

The problem is they don't rank the views. So in order to understand if a number of views of 5.3 million is  a lot or not, I've got to check out a few other dramas:

BanhTV%20Gob_zps9d2k6wvg.jpg

Source: http://banhtv.com/phim/tinh-chang-yeu-tinh-2016-4060.html

BanhTVHDMT_zpswgmp89nw.jpg

Source: http://banhtv.com/phim/hau-due-cua-mat-troi-1554.html

Please note this is quite a young website (I guess about 2 years old max), so many of other LMH's works have just been added. 

• Like 11

**********WELCOME TO THE DRAMA REWATCH PARTY FEATURING bOYS OVER FLOWERS EPISODE 1 (ratings for ep 1-14.3 Nationwide/14.4 Seoul)*******************************

hey everyone!

Here we go with the first of over 100 weeks of the rewatch!   I'm posting this a bit earlier than I originally said since I'm "done" (I'm one of those who can write and rewrite a sentence a hundred times, so I have to decide at some point to quit) and my internet connect has been good all day, so I don't want to push my luck tomorrow.  

I chose to do a "short" recap of ep 1 with my comments (in parenthesis) interspersed.  @minekas @mythicalove@Kris Silva and @Moonrain may have a different way to present their episode, so we're not tied to this format and I think we are all pretty flexible. it's a little more difficult since, I think I can say, all of us have already seen the drama and know the ending. My chingu, @minekasis up next week with ep 2!  It is Memorial Day weekend in the US, so we in the States may be responding later in the week.

BOF ranks high with me in terms of LMH's acting.  I was not eager to watch this drama when I saw the curls, but I was told this is a must watch and ended up enjoying it.  He had to act arrogant, cute, dim witted, hurt, lonely, so many emotions that I can easily see how he won Best Newcomer at the Baeksang awards.  And all of this at age, what, 21-22?  Something else I found interesting is the number of people, if memory serves me correctly, who said LMH would be the next Hallyu star.  

Short recap

Shin Hwa is a mega conglomerate, owning everything from autos, electronics and the like.  The founder of Shinhwa asked the President of Korea, for permission to build a school ranging from Kindergarten through college, for his grandkids.  Sons and daughter from the wealthiest and privileged families would attend Shin Hwa.   Little did everyone know that a drama would be unfolding that change the lives of 5 individuals.  Cut to Geum Jandi riding her bike to drop off dry cleaning.  Inside the school, Lee Min Ha opens his locker to find the dreaded F4 red card :o(Why was he targeted--was he a commoner also?).  After a beating, Lee Min Ha threatens to jump off a roof, he jumps only to be saved by Jandi (Wow she must be strong to have grabbed him and pull him up-I doubt anyone would help her)  She becomes a heroine and a public backlash begins against Shin hwa.  To counter the backlash, Kang Hee Sook (did anyone know her name?) offers Jandi aka wonder Girl, a scholarship to attend Shin wa. (What is the name of Chairwoman Kang's assistant?  I loved him in this drama.) Her parents are thrilled, but Jandi is not.  Against her wishes, Jandi arrives at Shin Hwa via her father's dry cleaning van.  Arriving by helicopter is Gu Jun Pyo :love:(little did LMH know how his life would change from this point on.  At times, I think that LMH looks older than he does now). Jandi bumps into Yun Ji Hoo playing the violin as she is looking for the swimming pool.  Instant attraction?   Arriving at school, the F4 arrive as if they were Gods(I guess they were Gods of Shin Hwa Academy).  GJP stops looks at a class mate who is wearing the same shirt, asks woo Bin for juice and proceeds to pour it on the shirt.  Jandi gasps.  We are introduce to Ginger Sunny & Miranda( Oh-my-God-I thought these 3 were funny) who do not care for Jandi and her commoner looks and ways.  Jandi yells at the top of lungs how much she hates GJP and awakens a sleeping Ji Hoo.  (I found this weird--just yelling from the stairwell.  ).  Cut to lunch.  Jandi makes a new friend Oh Min Ji. Cut to Jandi's part time job where she tells her friend, Chu Ga Eul about her 1st day at Shin Hwa.  The next day at school, GJP proceeds to smash a cake in the face of a student, who confessed.  (Poor thing)  Min Ji and Jandi two enjoy ice cream while balancing on a ledge.  Min Ji loses her balance and falls, plop goes the ice cream on GJP expensive shoes:(.  Min Ji tells GJP she will do anything to make amends, GJP tells Min Ji to lick the ice cream off his shoes.  Woo Bin tells GJP that Jandi is the famous Wonder Bra (lol).  GJP tells Jandi to lick the ice cream off his shoes,  Jandi outraged, yells and stuffs her ice cream in GJP's face.  She throws some money at him for dry cleaning.  GJP lies on the ground, flabbergasted watching the money.  Cut to F4 hang out.  GJP is angry trying to figure out how to get back at Jandi.  Yi Jeong tells GJP to it the usual way.  Jandi opens her locker to find the dreaded F4 card.  The students proceed to harass Jandi and pelt her with eggs and flour  (This scene, for me, started off silly with Jandi chasing her book, but turned sad watching the students bully her).  the F4 watch from their hang out.  GJP begins the count down expecting Jandi to come down begging for forgiveness (this part is hilarious watching GJP face when she does not appear):lol:.  Jandi goes to the stairwell, yelling again at no one.  Here comes Ji Hoo again. (Why did he care about Jandi so much?  Other females must have been given the red card by F4).  While the F4 dine at an expensive restaurant, Jandi proceeds to stuff her face at home (the Geum household is never boring, is it?).  the next day Jandi is poised to practice swimming when she discovers GJP has dumped trash in the pool.  GJP watches from the F4 hang out  (why is Ji Hoo always sleeping?).  Danger lurks as students again proceed to harass Jandi--end of episode 1!

cr:  dramafever

Ok guys, your turn.  What are your thoughts about ep 1?  You can comment, ask questions, add photos, videos etc.

@adamfeversorry I couldn't respond to your questions earlier, but I had this post in draft form.  You can drink while watching the episode; it might make for some interesting comments-lol:D  The experience should be similar to when the drama aired.  Some in the same time zone recapped and commented as they watched (that will be the host, in our case) then others chimed in after they watched the episode.  I believe that there will be a lot more material to post after ep 1 as our Minho became an overnight sensation.

• Like 9