Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Pachinko Season 2 Aug 23 on Apple TV+; Upcoming Drama 2025: Ask the Stars; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

On 5/17/2023 at 8:40 AM, willenette said:

@CallieP  like you, I also wonder if Lee Min Ho will keep such as this content coming where he could unleash more of his creativity in the digital world. Despite of his busy schedules, he still can take a short break from acting and do this new work. Yes, he seems to find his newfound interest. Here, I wonder if he plans focusing on technology. I think it's interesting and challenging for him to do things he had never done before. Lee Min Ho said that since he already started the project, he will continue collaborating with talented artists around the world.   :twerk2:So, surely there will be MORE to this coming in the future.

I wouldn't mind seeing more of it. The graphics was nice done and felt almost like an CGI anime.. Or maybe it was CGI where they attached his face into the CGI with his movement done on a computer similator.. Something like Avatar which is technically animation CGI 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Joanna Alfson said:

I wouldn't mind seeing more of it. The graphics was nice done and felt almost like an CGI anime.. Or maybe it was CGI where they attached his face into the CGI with his movement done on a computer similator.. Something like Avatar which is technically animation CGI 

@Joanna Alfson  yes, his "Project M" was completed with cyberpunk-style computer graphics. It presented a new vision for CG art. That's why, he collaborated here with NMBRS Studio Production from Sweden who specialized in motion capture and CG animation.   :heart2:

• Like 6

On 5/20/2023 at 7:30 AM, Joanna Alfson said:

Haven't seen @leeminhosny lately here but I keep seeing her on Twitter. She exclusively transitioned to twitter? I see her posting frquently there on twitter but just not here. Kinda missed her soompi presence and besides did she fell out with someone or it just happened naturally 

HI @Joanna Alfson @leeminhosny posted once a while ago.  I think when the news broke about LMH receiving an offer for Omnipresent Reader (I think I botched the name, but too lazy to look for the correct name).  I miss her too since she was like our "history" of LMH. I hope we see more of her when his dramas are released, if not before.

PS-sorry mod, I tried, but failed to delete the tweet.

Edited by ferily
Please don’t quote tweets. Thanks!
  • Like 5

On 5/17/2023 at 4:49 AM, CallieP said:

Are you able to order from Amazon?  They sell them but maybe it is not  the  same.  You can ask seller if it is Indonesian?

I check from online but didn't see.

• Like 2

11 Best Korean High School Dramas according to their IMDb ratings:

4. Boys Over Flowers (2009)

• Genre: Comedy, Drama, Romance
  • Star Cast: Ku Hye Sun, Lee Min Ho, Kim Hyun joong, Kim Bum
  • Director: Jeon Ki sang
  • Writer: Yoon Ji Ryun
  • Number of episodes: 25
  • Episode Duration: 70 min
  • Year of release: 2009
  • Network/Where to watch: KBS2, MX Player
  • IMDb rating: 7.8/10

This 2019 show titled Boys Over Flowers showcases the tale of how a not-so-rich girl gets admitted to an elite school titled Shin Hwa High. Watch the romantic comedy K-drama to witness the best of Ku Hye Sun, Lee Min Ho, Kim Hyun Joong, and Kim Bum. Directed by Jeon Ki Sang, this 25-episode show is available on MX player to watch. 

10. The Heirs (2013)

• Genre: Comedy, Drama, Romance
  • Star Cast: Lee Min Ho, Park Shin Hye, Kim Woo Bin, Kim Ji Won
  • Director: Kang Shin Hyo, Boo Sung Chul
  • Writer: Kim Eun Sook
  • Number of episodes: 20
  • Episode Duration:  55 min
  • Year of release: 2013
  • Network/Where to watch: MX Player
  • IMDb rating: 7.5/10  

If you still haven't watched The Heirs, you are missing out on the best of comedy drama, and romance. The show features the best of Korean actors including Lee Min Ho, Park Shin Hye, Kim Woo Bin, and Kim Ji Won. Directed and written by Kang Shin Hyo, Boo Sung Chul, and Kim Eun Sook respectively, the show is available on MX Player to stream.

The 20-episode show showcases a story of LA teens from very distinct social backgrounds who meet at an extra-exclusive elite high school.  

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainment/boys-over-flowers-to-white-christmas-top-swoon-worthy-korean-high-school-dramas-youd-better-not-miss-1221829

• Like 5

2 hours ago, CarolynH said:

Ah, the bromance.  :heart:

@CarolynH I love their scene-stealing bromance in the drama. I'm rooting for them. I have a good reason to love these characters together.  Their friendship started when they were just kids in the drama.  The young king would often act recklessly and his guard is the one who keeps him grounded. I guess they are almost at the same age, huh? That's why, the camaraderie between the two actors show. They are the unexpected power couple that emerged on this drama. I'm happy that they were able to maintain that friendship even the drama has wrapped-up.   :heart2:

• Like 3

*** The Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism will inject a total budget of 24.5 billion won ($18.66 million) into 34 drama series, reality television shows and documentaries selected through a contest hosted jointly with the Korea Creative Content Agency. The contest specifically supports post-production of dramas, reality television and documentaries through funding for special visual effects (VFX), computer graphics (CG), sound design and multilingual subtitles and dubbing production. In this year’s contest, 22 dramas and 12 non-drama works were selected, according to the culture ministry. The selected works will each receive up to one billion won and will be aired from the second half of the year to the first half of 2024. “Ask the Stars,”  is one of such works supported through the culture ministry which features a full-

fledged space background sci-fi setting.   :shaq:

credit : JoongAngDaily

• Like 5

19 hours ago, willenette said:

*** The Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism will inject a total budget of 24.5 billion won ($18.66 million) into 34 drama series, reality television shows and documentaries selected through a contest hosted jointly with the Korea Creative Content Agency. The contest specifically supports post-production of dramas, reality television and documentaries through funding for special visual effects (VFX), computer graphics (CG), sound design and multilingual subtitles and dubbing production. In this year’s contest, 22 dramas and 12 non-drama works were selected, according to the culture ministry. The selected works will each receive up to one billion won and will be aired from the second half of the year to the first half of 2024. “Ask the Stars,”  is one of such works supported through the culture ministry which features a full-

fledged space background sci-fi setting.   

credit : JoongAngDaily

I have a dumb question.  It is my understanding that ATS was already fully paid for.  If I'm correct, what do they do with this money?

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, CarolynH said:

I have a dumb question.  It is my understanding that ATS was already fully paid for.  If I'm correct, what do they do with this money?

@CarolynH  this will fund the post-production of the drama, and also includes multilingual subtitles and dubbing production.   :heart:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, CarolynH said:

@gtLmh0622:  I, too, was surprised at the number of views for the Roma biscuit ad.  It came up on my youtube feed and I thought, 12 million views? :wut: I understand that it's almost at 13 million views

Happy 12th anniversary City Hunter!  @CallieP"s favorite!

@CarolynH  it only means Roma Biscuit is in good hands..................  YouTube's views aren't unique; replays and re-visits are counted in the view count. We know that views happen when somebody visits your content, impressions are how often somebody sees your ad, and clicks are how often somebody clicks through the ad. Impressions lead to clicks, and clicks lead to views. After a certain point—I believe around 4 or 5 views—YouTube will stop counting repeated video views from that device or account within 24 hours. If the same user watches the video again outside the 24-hour window, the view will be counted again. What counts as a view on YouTube? Each time a viewer intentionally initiates the playing of a video on their device and watches for at least 30 seconds that counts as a view. While Facebook views are counted after only 3 seconds. The same thing as in Instagram since it is owned by Facebook.   :heart3:

I love "City Hunter". As City Hunter, Lee Min Ho keeps the character likeable though his hair covers his face too much, the drama is worth watching. This drama shows the best of him. He showed his versatility by his action scenes.....he

nailed it totally!!... He should do more actions like this!   :shaq:

• Like 1
  • Love 1

18 K-Dramas To Add To Your Summer Watch List

Summer is the time to unwind, to head off to new adventures, and also the beginning of new possibilities. As you soak in the summer sun and embrace the warm weather, the best way to cool down is to catch up or revisit your favorite K-dramas. Here are 18 K-dramas, a mix of some golden oldies and a few recent ones, to add to your summer watch list.

The Legend of the Blue Sea

legend-of-the-blue-sea-1.jpeg

Conman Heo Jun Jae (Lee Min Ho) meets Shim Chung (Jun Ji Hyun) in Spain and finds her rather weird. Shim Chung seems totally new to everything happening around her, but what Jun Jae does not realize is that she is actually a mermaid, and he has a deep connection with her since a previous lifetime. Shim Chung follows him to Seoul, and though his memories of their meeting in Spain have been wiped out, he is deeply affected and drawn towards her.

A fairytale set in the modern context, “The Legend of the Blue Sea” is worth taking a deep dive into. The show palette of white, silver, and shades of aqua is bewitching. Jun Ji Hyun is stellar in her performance as Shim Chung, but it is her innate comic timing which steals the show. And Lee Min Ho charms as the mischievous and sharp Jun Jae.

Start watching “Legend of the Blue Sea”:

Watch Now

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit ; soompi news

• Like 3

I nominated 4 songs in the latest poll:

1.  Orbit from TKEM.  You know, a lot of people liked the soundtrack from that drama.  Personally, I thought it was just ok.

2.  Let's Live for Today from Pachinko.  I really like it.  It's fun.

3.  You are my World from LOTBS--I actually think the soundtrack from LOTBS was the best.  I love almost all the songs

4.  Wind flower from LOTBS--sob sob.  I love this.  So fitting.  But it does make me teary

CTO

• Like 3

On 5/25/2023 at 2:44 AM, willenette said:

@CarolynH  it only means Roma Biscuit is in good hands..................  YouTube's views aren't unique; replays and re-visits are counted in the view count. We know that views happen when somebody visits your content, impressions are how often somebody sees your ad, and clicks are how often somebody clicks through the ad. Impressions lead to clicks, and clicks lead to views. After a certain point—I believe around 4 or 5 views—YouTube will stop counting repeated video views from that device or account within 24 hours. If the same user watches the video again outside the 24-hour window, the view will be counted again. What counts as a view on YouTube? Each time a viewer intentionally initiates the playing of a video on their device and watches for at least 30 seconds that counts as a view. While Facebook views are counted after only 3 seconds. The same thing as in Instagram since it is owned by Facebook.  

I love "City Hunter". As City Hunter, Lee Min Ho keeps the character likeable though his hair covers his face too much, the drama is worth watching. This drama shows the best of him. He showed his versatility by his action scenes.....he

nailed it totally!!... He should do more actions like this!  

I would buy Roma kelapa if I could find it too.

Yes, he nailed it totally in CH so he should do more action movies like this.  His digital video Omniscient Reader" reminds me of CH.  Wish he would do a series based on that manga, action drama.

• Like 3

• CarolynH changed the title to Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2023: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2 [Completed drama on Apple TV+: Pachinko]
On 5/29/2023 at 2:21 AM, CallieP said:

I would buy Roma kelapa if I could find it too.

Yes, he nailed it totally in CH so he should do more action movies like this.  His digital video Omniscient Reader" reminds me of CH.  Wish he would do a series based on that manga, action drama.

@CallieP I hope "Omniscient Reader Viewpoint" is moving steadily towards reality. Chae Soo Bin has been offered one of the female leads for the movie.   :blush:

• Like 1