Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Pachinko Season 2 Aug 23 on Apple TV+; Upcoming Drama 2025: Ask the Stars; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

It’s wonderful to see information like this. I think it is the first time he has been number one in the UK- which thrills me as in my five years of being a LMH fan so few people around me had ever heard of him! It somehow feels now like it is really happening at last for him worldwide. I guess we have Apple TV and Netflix to thank although we still only have BOF, Heirs and TKEM on UK Netflix. It does say “one of the most rewatched dramas” on both Heir and BOF so it seems a shame they don’t have any others on. 
I just wish he would learn English so he could get more mainstream work.

Hope you all have a great weekend.

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, CarolynH said:

Anyone try these biscuits?  I doubt I'll be able to find them in the US.  

@CarolynH I have tried this. So, he's the endorser for this Indonesian product. It's actually a coconut biscuits, made from real coconut. It's crunchy so, it's a perfect bond with your tea, coffee, and milk. Yes, I guess this is only available locally.   :kisslevel:

• Like 2

Must admit I had a little daydream when I saw the biscuit ad. Imagine putting down the screen of your laptop and there he is opposite- sigh…….

I took a closer look at the survey results from country to country and some of the results are amazing. Indonesia he is 25.5%, India 21.7%, and Malaysia 

17.9. Apparently people weren’t asked to chose from a list but to write the name down which makes it even more impressive. Japan surprised me though as he is not even in the top 5. Maybe the battle scene in TKEM and of course Pachinko played a part in the vote?

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

EVENT: In a drama slump? Like sparkly tracksuits? Want to watch a classic "Cinderella" drama? Welcome to the Secret Garden group re-watch

Like Binnie, you could say "why not?

531e515993972e2a49ee7079dd1d698a.gif

You will find the re-watch thread here:

Your Event Organizers

On 3/12/2023 at 1:48 AM, Lindyloo421 said:

It’s wonderful to see information like this. I think it is the first time he has been number one in the UK- which thrills me as in my five years of being a LMH fan so few people around me had ever heard of him! It somehow feels now like it is really happening at last for him worldwide. I guess we have Apple TV and Netflix to thank although we still only have BOF, Heirs and TKEM on UK Netflix. It does say “one of the most rewatched dramas” on both Heir and BOF so it seems a shame they don’t have any others on. 
I just wish he would learn English so he could get more mainstream work.

Hope you all have a great weekend.

@Lindyloo421  actually, there is no surprise here as LMH has been named the most favorite actor in the 2023 Hallyu Wave Abroad Survey, conducted last year (2022), for the fifth consecutive time. The Ministry of Culture, Sports, and Tourism just released the survey results on March 10th. He held the top spot since 2018.  :sweet:   This year, 2023, they broadened their spectrum by including more countries in their data.

16 hours ago, Lindyloo421 said:

Must admit I had a little daydream when I saw the biscuit ad. Imagine putting down the screen of your laptop and there he is opposite- sigh…….

I took a closer look at the survey results from country to country and some of the results are amazing. Indonesia he is 25.5%, India 21.7%, and Malaysia 

17.9. Apparently people weren’t asked to chose from a list but to write the name down which makes it even more impressive. Japan surprised me though as he is not even in the top 5. Maybe the battle scene in TKEM and of course Pachinko played a part in the vote?

*** A total of 25,000 respondents between 15 and 59 years old from 26 countries from November 11th to December 7th 2022 were asked to name their current favorite South Korean actor, with Lee Min Ho

receiving the most votes at 9.1%, which is an impressive number (and a gap with number 2 actor - 2.7%) It proves -one more time- that he is the most loved Korean actor overseas. I'm happy that he continues to be constantly at the top. His popularity is not to be proven anymore, and this for years now.

:popcornjackson:      The countries included: the US, Brazil, Argentina, the United Kingdom (UK), France, Turkey, Russia, China, Japan, Taiwan, Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia, India, Vietnam, Australia, South Africa, United Arab Emirates (UAE), Mexico, Canada, Germany, Italy, Spain, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, and Kazakhstan.  It is interesting to see the trends and the actors that keep receiving love for years from overseas fans.

Note : In blue, you can find the mentions of Lee MinHo. He is number 1 in 22 countries (out of 26). In some countries, he received impressive love, with more than 20% of the answers in Indonesia and India and more than 10% in South Africa, Malaysia, Vietnam, Turkey, UAE, and Egypt. No wonder he is number 1 on the general top 5.

KOFICE-translation-kpopmap-favorite-Kore

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

It’s ‘White Day’ 
and there is nothing much better than seeing our favorite celebrity!
We have collected some of the best moments in which we see our lovely LEE MINHO.

Check out the video below and let us know if you enjoyed it!

• Like 5
  • Love 2

19 hours ago, syntyche said:

It’s ‘White Day’ 
and there is nothing much better than seeing our favorite celebrity!
We have collected some of the best moments in which we see our lovely LEE MINHO.

Check out the video below and let us know if you enjoyed it!

@syntyche  thanks for sharing the video. Also, thanks for the reminder that yesterday, March 14 was a "White Day" in SK. This is celebrated annually on March 14th.This is a day opposite to Valentine’s Day. That's when it's payback time. Men who received chocolates from their love partners on Valentines Day usually pay them back on White Day with candy instead of chocolates. . Japan, Taiwan and China also celebrate this… I read that “White Day” was started by the Japanese confectionery industry association. Every year, it seems, there are people in the media who bash it as one of the most overly commercialized commemorative days in Korea. “White Day” may have been predestined to be commercialized to some extent.  :heart2beat:

• Like 2

*** Yes, even with just a basic white shirt on, LMH never fails to make us swoon! Basic white tees have become a style staple in everyone's wardrobe. A basic white shirt is a true must-have for men. And let's admit it, a true test of dapperness is how our favorite oppa rocks a plain white T-shirt. How can a simple piece look so sexy, huh? He can pull off and standout even with just this piece on.  :kisslevel:

c518f75c-7463-432d-b820-42c65b70ee79_lee

• Like 2

*** This is because LMH is real good in and out! I have to break this - his face card alone remains unbeatable.  :Megalol:

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Global Fans Name Lee Min-ho Their Favorite Korean Actor

2023031600493_0.jpg Lee Min-ho

Lee Min-ho is the favorite Korean actor among global fans, a survey by the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism finds.

Some 9.1 percent of 25,000 respondents around the world chose Lee, followed by Gong Yoo (2.7 percent), Hyun Bin (2.4 percent), Song Hye-kyo (two percent) and Lee Jong-suk (1.5 percent).

Lee has been the favorite since 2018 thanks to hit series like "Boys Over Flowers," "The Heirs" and "Pachinko."

He is currently in Canada to film the second season of "Pachinko" for Apple TV+. 

credit : Chosun Ilbo

• Like 2

On 3/12/2023 at 7:29 PM, CarolynH said:

Anyone try these biscuits?  I doubt I'll be able to find them in the US.  

Try Amazon?

On 3/8/2023 at 7:42 PM, CarolynH said:

Happy International Women's Day!

Thank you! Hope you had a good one too!:smile:

• Like 2