Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Pachinko Season 2 Aug 23 on Apple TV+; Upcoming Drama 2025: Ask the Stars; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

16 hours ago, Moonrain said:

How is our bday project coming along? Its June already...we should make a decision soon.

I opened a group chat for the birthday project.
Because I don't know how many Soompi Minoz will attend this project, I only invite several chingus into the group. 
If you are willing to attend this project of charity donation but not in the group now, please raise you hand !!!
Thank you all.   :)

• Like 3

Boys Over Flowers Episode 3

As I've said before, I'm not good in recapping so I will just post the link to my favorite recap from Javabeans:   

http://www.dramabeans.com/2009/01/boys-before-flowers-episode-3/

Some thoughts from DF staff  (this one includes episode 4):   

https://www.dramafever.com/news/relive-the-drama---boys-over-flowers-episodes-3--4-recap-/

I find mischievous LMH so adorable in this episode -- the stolen "kiss" (CPR) by the pool and his happy self while playing tricks on Jan-di were so amusing and cute.

18740228_10213387630034525_4622796086115 

18882133_10213387631554563_7536455310168

Another good moment was the scene at the garden. Like DF, I don't approve of Jun Pyo forcing a kiss on Jan-di but I agree with JB that it was an emotional scene and you see some strong  chemistry between the 2 leads. 

My favorite scene was GJP and Jan-di's time alone in the bar, when GJP acknowledged and complimented Jan-di. He was quite affected by the moment, he had to excuse himself and took some time in the men's room to compose himself. This is the episode where I was pretty impressed with LMH's acting -- and charisma !   

18836058_10213387633594614_5305217811619

18813179_10213387631514562_4347656954708

I liked the scene after this, when Jan-di threw-up on GJP, and ended-up sleeping over at GJP's house -- that was hilarious. And also the scene when Jan-di was in her bedroom and recalled the moment when Jun-pyo handed her the goggles -- that was sweet. I think our heroine is slowly falling for our handsome hero.     

I am am looking forward to Episode 4 where our OTP will finally have their first date ! 

• Like 10

cr:  itslien

Our poor baby must have been freezing :bawling:.  But throwing hot water on him when he's freezing, wouldn't that sting?@Kris SilvaThanks for your recap!  I'll comment on the episode after I watch it.  Ratings for episode 3--20.8 Nationwide/ 21.1 Seoul.  

• Like 9

On 3 June 2017 at 5:17 AM, Moonrain said:

I thought for sure we wouldn't be able to see our minho after enlistment but in my 4 years as a fan, this is the most I've seen him. why was I even sad when the news of his enlistment came out lol. Everyday is like a fanmeet :D i think this is a good time to visit korea :D 

I'm wondering if this will go on for the next 700 days... now im torn. I'd like for him to have a little space while serving. At the same time, I'm happy we're seeing him on a daily basis. :lol:

I'm curious, Is it the same with other actors as well? Like his bff jiw? 

How is our bday project coming along? Its June already...we should make a decision soon.

Hi Moonrain, I couldn't agree with you more.....I thought so, too but it looks like otherwise hahaha but, I love it! :lol:

@Kris Silva thanks chingu for the recap:)

BOYS OVER FLOWERS-EPISODE THREE

We are still in episode three and I really like how the plot has progressed so far in terms of interactions between Jun Pyo and Jandi. Can I start by saying that young Lee Minho is awesome in portraying the transformation of Jun Pyo from that feckless jerk to a worthier person?

Incidental kiss between Jun Pyo and Jandi

He is totally thrilled that Jandi saved his life:lol:

H4TrOZV.gif

and I love the smirk on his face when she revived him. Aww this boy is so naughty:)

Spoiler

g5fSDXn.jpginV7eHE.jpgBYltnMW.jpg

cr as tagged/owner

It is clear that she has a positive effect on him as he has become a happier, friendlier and a caring person. I love all the after –effects of that kiss, especially when he says:

It’s never too early for a student going to school. Don’t you know that bugs that wake up early die early. :lol:and he means "the early bird catches the worm"

Spoiler

That’s my way of saying thanks for yesterday:)

7Sx2MjH.gif

JI3hQDq.gifzl02SgL.gif

cr as tagged/owner

Jun Pyo forcing to kiss Jandi

This is one of the best scenes so far. When Jun Pyo's love is not reciprocated in the same way, his emotions keep switching back and forth. Even though his intense love seems to be adorable at one point, he trying to force a kiss on her looks really weird. As a woman, I am disgusted by it because she has not acknowledged him yet, even as a friend. Of course she high kicked him once, but when it comes to physical strength, she’s no match for him. Realizing that he did wrong to the girl that he cares for so much and still confused as to how to express his love to her , he lets go of her, saying:

Am I that loathsome to you?:o

It’s an awesome display of Jun Pyo’s deep and intense emotions of jealousy, frustration, fire and passion.

DlyATkq.jpg

Dramabeans comment on this scene (This is easily the best scene of the episode. What could have been unintentionally funny or cheesy comes off instead with a lot of tension, a lot of conflicting emotions, great chemistry, and (for once!) a nice piece of score. Now, if only the rest of the series could be like this).

The scene at the bar where JP affirms his love for Jandi

After his confrontation with Jandi, Jun Pyo learns from his mistake and tries to adjust himself, by being gentle to her. I love the moment when he puts his arm around her in front of Ji Hoo, as if he is saying, you have already got a girl and I have got mine and how they bargain over who owes whom, is really cute. Knowing that Jandi would attend the birthday party, he rents the bar till morning and kyaaa, he declares his love to her.

You’re the first girl this Almighty Gu Jun Pyo has acknowledged.

This look on his face, filled with tender love and admiration for Jandi is so adorable and charming:wub:

lVhMFGU.jpg

Minho’s song “My everything”, would have been perfect for this scene.:)

Cr goodboysr

And it’s hilarious how both of them get embarrassed by it. I thought she would be really cautious with him after that encounter, but look how comfortable she is, around him, lamenting over her not being eligible as Seo Hyun. Their chemistry is so obvious here.

Spoiler

1vna3mN.jpg

cr as tagged

I absolutely loved when Jun Pyo gifted the pair of goggles to her because it’s definitely not a show- off and he only did it out of affection. Jandi appreciated it too as she replaced Ji Hoo’s handkerchief with Jun Pyo’s gift inside her drawer.

More songs and BTS videos ,inside spoiler

Spoiler

Because Im stupid by SS501

ikpopvideohqseason4

A little by Seo Ji Young

cr unea

cr natcza

cr hoangmytm

cr hoangmytm

• Like 10

@gtLmh0622 Thanks for Sharp1 and Love Hymm. Enjoyed watching them. Now I can say that I watched every drama or movie he acted in. At least, his scenes. Those were the only two I had yet to see. I managed to find his old movies too when he was not the lead. :)

• Like 1

On 6/2/2017 at 7:27 AM, adamfever said:

Now I didn't quite get why GJP plans for the kidnap and makeover, what does he want to get out of it? I don't think that he fell for Jandi, and wanted to be her boyfriend at that time yet, do you?  Does he think that showing her the lux life will make her like him and then be submissive to him ??? 

I

On 6/2/2017 at 9:20 PM, CarolynH said:

@gtLmh0622

@adamfever I'm glad that you are finding something new rewatching BOF.  In addition to keeping the thread going, the rewatch is also designed to provoke discussion amongst more recent fans, as we haven't watched LMH's earlier dramas as a group.  By ep 2, I think GJP is intrigued by Jandi; she's a challenge for him, but doesn't have any serious feelings at this point.  Since Jandi does fight him almost every time she sees him, perhaps showing her what she can have is the reason for the kidnapping and makeover.  @1ouise@nika_94:   @minekasour three resident BOF fans, what are your thoughts on adamfever's question?

@leeminhosny:  thank you for your gifs!

As we wait for @Kris Silva's recap of ep 3 on sunday, a NG clip to enjoy.  i wish it was subbed:(

cr:  Siriprapa Ratchasee

Interesting question, did he already fall for her? What does he want to get out of it? He looked for the silver lining in the kick. She actually wants her first kiss with him so he was going to do it in style, makeover for the first kiss. Make her first kiss memorable with a rich guy, dressed like a princess, perhaps like Cinderella, he thought.  He is always over the top and he could not imagine anyone saying No to him. Not in his vocabulary.

On 6/2/2017 at 8:57 AM, adamfever said:

Thanks @gtLmh0622 you are so resourceful. OMG, I don't like the hair then. 

These are prior to his debut, right? They must be the roles when he was testing the water to see if he would go on with acting, I guess??

So before BOF, LMH often played poor students. I am so curious to know how he could be confident to audition for GJP, a filthy rich and arrogant student, a totally different image to his prior roles. And the director, how could he be confident offering him that role? Luckily, he could pull it off so well. 

By the way, I still find I don't quite understand the meaning of the drama title Boys Over Flower. Good looking boys aren't meant to be compared with flowers, right? Or are they? But if it means those boys who are more beautiful than flowers , then what about "Boys Before Flowers" as dramabeans calls it, what does that mean? Please fill me in.

@Kris Silva thanks for the dramafever link. It's interesting that they are re-watching BOF as well. I liked all the pix and captions they had on that recap, hilarious.

Thanks for asking about why it was called BOF. Thank pixie for the answer. I did not realize that DF was rewatching BOF too but in February. It was interesting reading their opinions from episode 1 -4. @adamfever Are you from Vietnam, how did you manage to get all the info about LOTBS from there? Is it really a big hit there?

• Like 5

@minekasReally liked your comments on this episode. One sees the wide range of emotions GYP goes through in this episode. CarolynH, thanks for the BTS on the scene where he falls into the swimming pool. I have seen  parts of it before but not this particular video. Poor LMH was shivering through the scene. It is a miracle that he did not catch pneumonia. Don't they have heated pools in SK? He had to sleep on the ground and have hot water poured on him. Yet, he managed to hide being extremely cold and give that really impish smile after Jan Di's kiss and slap. That grin was really cute. He was definitely not enjoying the filming of the scene being wet and cold. It must be winter or late autumn then yet he was game about the whole thing, polite and well-mannered, so different from GJP. :)

I think he forced himself on her because he was angry and jealous as well as hurt and thought if he pushed hard enough, she would give in to him. When he realized that she really meant it, he withdrew hurt and dejected. However he really bounces back quickly, her rejection did not yet make him bitter. He came to her aid when she did not want Ji Hoo and Seo Hyun to know that she had seen them kissing. His buying her the speedo goggles was perceptive that here is something that she would really cherish not expensive clothes.

At the bar, when she derided herself and he basically said that there was more to her than she gives herself credit for. That she is the first girl to get his attention when everyone else has failed, she must have something special. Awww that was  a compliment if she wasn't too drunk to really get what he said. He is starting to be perceptive and understand her as a person. Sweet!

I think BOF was such a big hit then is because it is so over the top, imagine the mom sending the military to subdue 4 little boys. She is an ogre.

I don't like Jan Di's parents. Wanting to sell the goggles, with no regard that it is a gift that their daughter appreciates, and from a rich chaebol. Really clueless. I can easliy fast forward all their scenes. DF I think discussed the F4 dynamics in more detail where Woo Bin and Yi Jung view GJP with amusement and find him somewhat crazy. Though I did not like that Yi Jung first gave GJP the idea to give her the F4 card.

• Like 6

Thoughts on episode 3:

With this rewatch I have been reading Dramabeans recaps as well as all the comments.  Commenters keep comparing all the different BOF versions, which I think is unfair.  I feel that each piece should be judged on its own merits.  Plus, if they were all identical, that would be boring.

BOF is cheesy and cringy and super soap opera dramatic, but since it was my first k-drama, I didn’t know any better.  I thought that was how all k-dramas were.  I just accept all the craziness as part of the experience.

I’m still loving GJP/LMH’s expressions.  I think they are a contrast to Ji-hoo, who looks bored (and boring).

tumblr_or1uxsAnNU1w2zf0ho1_540.png

Commenters said that we aren’t supposed to sympathize with GJP this early (so that the love triangle with Ji-hoo is strong and we can’t predict who Jan-di will choose).  I guess in other versions, GJP is really horrible and not shown to be vulnerable or redeemable at all.

When he tries to force a kiss on Jan-di, he is horrible, and if he likes her, I don’t really know what he is trying to accomplish.  (You need to learn some people skills, GJP.)

Spoiler

tumblr_or1uxsAnNU1w2zf0ho2_540.png

tumblr_or1uxsAnNU1w2zf0ho3_540.png

tumblr_or1uxsAnNU1w2zf0ho4_540.png

tumblr_or1uxsAnNU1w2zf0ho5_540.png

When they are together in the bar, he is quite different.  Did he learn something from her rejection?  Now I know the ending, but at first watch, I was all in suspense as to the eventual outcome. (There are still lots of ups and downs to come!)

Spoiler

tumblr_or1v7lO6vi1w2zf0ho2_540.png

tumblr_or1v7lO6vi1w2zf0ho4_540.png

tumblr_or1v7lO6vi1w2zf0ho5_540.png

tumblr_or1v7lO6vi1w2zf0ho6_540.png

tumblr_or1v7lO6vi1w2zf0ho7_540.png

tumblr_or1v7lO6vi1w2zf0ho8_540.png

I liked GJP spouting this little saying, and he surprised everyone by getting it right:

tumblr_or1v7lO6vi1w2zf0ho1_540.png

But this Dramabeans commenter predicted better than anyone:

Alimac

January 13, 2009 at 6:28 PM

Lee Min Ho is totally carrying the show! He is going to be a HALLYU GOD!

Thanks for everyone else's comments!  I love reading them!

• Like 7

@minekasThanks for your comments chingu!  Also @CallieP and @1ouise  thank you!

@CallieP:  I think the pool scene was filmed in Dec.  

My 2 cents on ep 3

Pool scene:  I had the same comment as DB, that the kid who ran in the ball room yelling that GJP fell in the pool should have called emergency or tried to help.  The exception would be if that kid needed help pulling GJP from the pool (well, wait supposedly Jandi pulled him out by herself).

Why is Ji Hoo playing the violin while it is snowing?

Even though both GHS and LMH played the scene really well, I also did not care for the attempted forced kiss.  While GJP may be a brute, I wonder if it was out of character for him.  

What I don't like is the scene before the bar scene where Jandi and GJP meet Ji Hoo and Seo Hyun exiting the room.  After his kiss was firmly rejected by Jandi, GJP is too quick to forgive.  Bar scene--Jandi doesn't notice the water tastes a little different?  lol

I love the actress who played Chairwoman Kang.  I haven't seen her in a drama other than BOF.  

Is replacing the handkerchief with the goggles symbolic of Jandi's feelings toward GJP?  I think it's supposed to be, but it seems to early in the drama and out of character for her.  She said you can't buy friendship with money, but if her feelings are changing, wouldn't it mean that indeed, GJP is right, you can buy anything with money (the goggles)?  The gift of goggles was thoughtful; it's irrelevant the cost of the goggles, but relevant that he wanted to buy Jandi something that she would like.  Oh, but I hated that her parents wanted to sell them.  

I don't think jandi is in GJP's camp evidenced by her looking for Ji Hoo in the stairwell and remembering him playing the violin.  

I had to fast forward thru the last 10 min with Jandi and Ji Hoo.  

Onward to ep 4--one of my favorite episodes.

• Like 7