Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Pachinko Season 2 Aug 23 on Apple TV+; Upcoming Drama 2025: Ask the Stars; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

10 K-Drama Male Leads Who Never Lost Sight Of Their First Love

Is your first love your one and only love? Some may agree and some may agree to disagree. However, there are men who have not only waited for years but even moved heaven and earth as well as traveled across dimensions to be reunited with their first and only love. Wondering where you can find these men? Where else but in K-dramas! These men have set the bar as the poster boys of everlasting love. Here’s a look at 10 K-dramas where male leads never lost sight of their first love.

“The King: Eternal Monarch”

The-king-eternal-monarch.jpeg

Traveling across a parallel universe to be with the woman you love, even across time and dimensions, is not a mission impossible for Lee Gon. Lee Gon (Lee Min Ho), the King Of Korea, had witnessed his father’s brutal death. He is saved by a mysterious stranger and taken to safety, but he remembers the identity card of a woman named Jung Tae Eul (Kim Go Eun). Lee Gon discovers a portal leading to another world, to modern-day South Korea, and encounters Tae Eul, a detective in Seoul. The two may have had a frosty start, but what unravels is a passionate love story. As Lee Gon does everything in his power to safeguard the woman he loves, he embarks on a journey of portal hopping, encountering alter selves of people he knows, as well as changing the blueprint of his destiny.

“The King: Eternal Monarch” is a bit confusing as time-travel can be a tricky genre, and the show packs in a lot. But Lee Min Ho’s flamboyant charm is enough to keep you riveted as well as the bromance between him and Woo Do Hwan.

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : soompi news

• Like 1
  • Love 1

20230531 LEE MINHO GLOBAL OFFICIAL FANCLUB 〈#Minoz〉

14th Recruitment

Registration Period: June 1, 2023, Thursday 14:00 ~ July 21, 2023, Friday 23:59

Eligible Period for Membership: August 1, 2023, Tuesday ~ July 31, 2024, Wednesday

spacer.png

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Is anyone else noticing something odd with Twitter?  Usually, I access Twitter using Chrome.  Yesterday, I notice most of the people I usually saw posting were not posting.  Today, I accessed Twitter using Bing.  Presto, the people were back.  But, I'm not logged in on Soompi if I access via Bing.  

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, CarolynH said:

Is anyone else noticing something odd with Twitter?  Usually, I access Twitter using Chrome.  Yesterday, I notice most of the people I usually saw posting were not posting.  Today, I accessed Twitter using Bing.  Presto, the people were back.  But, I'm not logged in on Soompi if I access via Bing.  

@CarolynH  thanks for sharing the clip. When I can't access Twitter using Chrome, I clear my browser cache and cookies and it resolves my issue. I haven't tried using Bing, though. In fact, I didn't know that Twitter supports this browser.   :sweet:

• Like 2

CarolynH -re Twitter problems - the translation request wasn’t working yesterday but  is back on now. I hope it stays on.

Willenette you are always really informative about kdrama so I wondered if Ask the Stars is taking an unusually long time to edit and get ready for transmission compared with other kdramas. If it is to be 2024 that will be nearly 2 years. It feels like a long wait - but on the plus side we may be lucky enough to get 3 drama/movies next year with Ask the Stars; Pachinko 2 and hopefully Omniscient Reader- fingers crossed.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Lindyloo421 said:

CarolynH -re Twitter problems - the translation request wasn’t working yesterday but  is back on now. I hope it stays on.

Willenette you are always really informative about kdrama so I wondered if Ask the Stars is taking an unusually long time to edit and get ready for transmission compared with other kdramas. If it is to be 2024 that will be nearly 2 years. It feels like a long wait - but on the plus side we may be lucky enough to get 3 drama/movies next year with Ask the Stars; Pachinko 2 and hopefully Omniscient Reader- fingers crossed.

@Lindyloo421  as far as I know, the "standard" timeline to produce a K-drama are the ff : 2-weeks of pre-production NOT including writing. Writing sometimes starts a more or more before the show is shot. 4-6 months of shooting time in between the 1st script reading and their release depending on the length and complexity of the series. The filming schedules for Korean dramas are generally shorter than those for Western television shows for a few reasons. Firstly, K-dramas are typically produced by smaller production companies, which often have fewer resources than larger Western production companies. This means that they need to work more efficiently and get the filming done in a shorter period of time.Secondly, K-dramas are often produced in a "live shoot" format, where the drama is filmed and broadcast at the same time. This means that there is a lot of pressure to release the drama quickly so that it can start airing. Also, there are dramas that are entirely pre-produced. Thirdly, K-dramas are often produced in shorter seasons, usually between 10 and 20 episodes, whereas Western TV shows are usually between 20 and 40 episodes. This means that K-dramas don't need as much time to film and can finish more quickly. Finally, South Korean culture values punctuality and efficiency, which may also be a factor in the shorter filming schedules. At least  2-weeks of post production (shortest) after the last episode is shot but, it can even go as far as five months to a year to complete. You know, movies/dramas that require a high amount of visual effect will always remain in post-production longer. Post-production tasks are (re-recording sound, special effects, etc.) The post-production phase of creating a film/drama usually takes longer than the actual shooting because it includes the complete editing, color correction, and the addition of music and sound. Like the case of "TKEM", it was a pre-produced one but even this they obviously stalled the airing to do some last minute editing. And we don't know how many scenes were shot that were eventually left unused.   :ohboy2:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 6/3/2023 at 5:11 PM, Lindyloo421 said:

@Lindyloo421  I hope we could get to hear from Lee Min Ho soon about this movie offered to him, if he's taking it or not. They have offered many cast now for this upcoming movie. All the cast members have 100% similar images to the characters in the webtoon version. “Omniscient Reader’s Viewpoint” aims to proceed with the filming at the end of this

year, so I hope we hear from him.   :shaq:

• Like 3

• CarolynH changed the title to Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Birthday month! Upcoming Drama 2023: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2 [Completed drama on Apple TV+: Pachinko]

I still have to use Microsoft Edge to access some of the Twitter content.  So odd-and annoying.  

The new event has a couple of LMH dramas.   I can only really see a prequel of LOTBS realistically having a 2nd season.  I'd like more background on KDR and SH.  Thanks @Lindyloo421 for nominating BOF.  I'd go for a 2nd season, only if LMH agrees to the croissant hair. :joy:

• Like 3

3 hours ago, CarolynH said:

I still have to use Microsoft Edge to access some of the Twitter content.  So odd-and annoying.  

The new event has a couple of LMH dramas.   I can only really see a prequel of LOTBS realistically having a 2nd season.  I'd like more background on KDR and SH.  Thanks @Lindyloo421 for nominating BOF.  I'd go for a 2nd season, only if LMH agrees to the croissant hair. :joy:

@CarolynH  this will always be one of my favorites amongst Lee Min Ho's dramas. My reason is because the writer and director thought about every detail, starting from the clothes, his manner of walking, speech, and even to the hair. In Korean entertainment industry, many actors feel the necessity to change their appearance to get into the character and to help the audience differentiate between the various roles the actor has played. In particular, the hairstyle plays an important role, often acting as a shorthand to describe a character, with curly hair representing an unruly and wild personality, which he was in the drama. The hair length often matters, too. What a shock it was for me when he appeared on screen with his “conch” hairstyle for “Boys Over Flower.” The man is gorgeous, but the "conch" hair made me see him as more gorgeous in my eyes all the time I was watching it. Due to Lee Min Ho’s charismatic portrayal of Goo Jun Pyo, the hairstyle became a huge hit in Korea, inspiring dozens of parodies. The "City Hunter" hair, which he grew out his hair a bit longer is also one of my favorites. His hair should be not clearly visible in the crowd, but who are we kidding? If that hair is on the body of Lee Min Ho, one looks. And looks.............  The hair makes the character – Lee Min Ho has certainly utilized his stylists well to transform into one character from another.   :ohboy2:

• Like 3

CarolynH and Willenette - I first saw BOF in 2016 (my first Kdrama) and I enjoy hearing about how it was such a hit in 2009- so thank you Willenette for the info on how much influence his hair had. It seems as though he thinks very carefully on how he is going to have his hair in each drama.

I found on Dramabeans that they still had the original episode reviews on BOF from 2009. Apparently it was big news who F4 would be, and when LMH was announced as Jun Pyo very few people had heard of him. Once it started the weekly viewing figures went up and up and apparently LMH had advertising offers within 20 minutes of the first episode being aired. 
How lucky are we (and him) that he got the role.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Lindyloo421 said:

CarolynH and Willenette - I first saw BOF in 2016 (my first Kdrama) and I enjoy hearing about how it was such a hit in 2009- so thank you Willenette for the info on how much influence his hair had. It seems as though he thinks very carefully on how he is going to have his hair in each drama.

I found on Dramabeans that they still had the original episode reviews on BOF from 2009. Apparently it was big news who F4 would be, and when LMH was announced as Jun Pyo very few people had heard of him. Once it started the weekly viewing figures went up and up and apparently LMH had advertising offers within 20 minutes of the first episode being aired. 
How lucky are we (and him) that he got the role.

@Lindyloo421  he's lucky indeed because it was the drama that changed his life forever. "Boys Over Flowers" stood the test of time and changed Lee Min Ho's fate forever. The story is dated. Fans of any age group can revisit it and enjoy it just for nostalgia.   :7555_attack:

boys_over_flowers_poster_main.jpg

• Like 3

Anyone here participate?  I think LMH will really like this gift.

@Lindyloo421  Even the first pages of this thread and the BOF thread are interesting reads.  Like you said, most didn't know him, but it only took a couple minutes of LMH until we thought wow! :hushed:

• Like 4

15 K-Dramas To Vicariously Travel Through This Summer

Travel often opens up a vista of many possibilities, whether it’s a chance encounter to an enchanting romantic rendezvous or just a getaway to recharge. It is summer—are you yearning to travel? Well there is a perfect fix for you. You can travel to exotic locations, sample the sights and sounds—absolutely free—and with your favorite characters! Here are 15 K-dramas to vicariously travel through, right within the comfort of your own space.

The Legend of the Blue Sea

legend-of-the-blue-sea2.jpg

All about the love story between a mermaid and a con man, “The Legend of the Blue Sea” is one of the most picturesque dramas. Shim Cheong (Jun Ji Hyun), a mermaid from the Joseon dynasty, had fallen for a nobleman in the past and has never been able to forget him despite wiping his memories clean. In the present day, she finds herself in Spain. Leaving her aquatic world, she finds herself attached to Heo Joon Jae (Lee Min Ho), a con man vacationing in Spain and who also happens to be the doppelgänger of the man she loved. As she tries to make sense of the unfamiliar world around her, Joon Jae, who has his own agenda, lets her tag along with him.

Along with the two characters, you’ll be taken on a scenic excursion, exploring the Catalonian landscape. La Palau De La Musica Catalana was shown as the spacious mall and is the spot where Heo Joon Jae finds Shim Cheong waiting for him in the rain, making it a prominent moment in the drama. Other scenes were shot at the Parròquia de Sant Bartomeu church in Sitges as well as Tossa de Mar in Girona, giving viewers ample view of the sea, the plazas, and famous architectural sites. Plus, Jun Ji Hyun’s innate comic timing and Lee Min Ho’s charm make this show a must-watch.

Start watching “The Legend of the Blue Sea”:

Watch Now

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : soompi news

• Like 4

Pin on Gif

NEW EVENT!

Quick Poll - A K-Drama Addict's Guide to Popular Korean Words and Phrases!

So how many words have you picked up since you started watching K-dramas?  Find out by taking a short quiz. Vote for the words you are inadverently using in your daily conversation with your non K-drama watching chingus and driving them crazy. Let us know how you fared. :happydance:

re: Your friendly neighbourhood EO team :innocent:

@confusedheart @partyon @agenth and @Sleepy Owl