Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Pachinko Season 2 Aug 23 on Apple TV+; Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

Thanks for the recap @minekas.  My thoughts on episode 2:

It makes no sense, but the moment I fell for Gu Jun-pyo was when he gave his explanation about Jan-di being crazy for him.  Whaat?  You are out of your mind!  For no logical reason—apparently I’m just as much out of my mind—I was totally smitten with GJP/LMH.  And I'm still loving all his facial expressions.

tumblr_oql9phYRN81w2zf0ho1_540.png

tumblr_oql9phYRN81w2zf0ho2_540.png

GJP is sooo confident and arrogant and a bit crazy.  Dressed in black, with eye-catching black hair, he is presented as a contrast to Ji-hoo, who is white-clothed and mild.  Sweet though he is, I never fell for Ji-hoo.  I don’t like GJP’s arrogance or meanness—he is still not likeable—but somehow I feel sympathetic.  (And bad boys are not my type.)

Spoiler

tumblr_oql9phYRN81w2zf0ho3_540.png

tumblr_oql9phYRN81w2zf0ho4_540.png

So, pretty much nothing that happens in BOF would happen in real life, but it is fun to watch this total escape into fairy tale.

And at this point in my k-drama journey, I was super curious about LMH and was pleasantly surprised to learn that at the time I was watching BOF, he looked like this:

tumblr_oql9rm9Q5S1w2zf0ho1_540.png

Swoon!

• Like 10

11 hours ago, CallieP said:

@gtLmh0622 are you able to get kissasian on the web. That is also a good site.

@minekas thanks for starting episode 2 for BOF. Good job. Will comment after I see it.

Oh yessss !!! Thank you so much. I can watch BOF on kissasian now.   :)

9 hours ago, CarolynH said:

@gtLmh0622:  I thought of another gift- buying him a star cuz he's our star.  Do you think another Minoz group has already done this? It's unique if nothing else.  I thought of this while trying to come up with other types of donations.  I thought I read a Minoz fan club bought a tree in a rainforest in his name in their country or something like that.  

Yes, Indian Minoz had sent him a star on 2016/01/01.

005Uf2zYgw1ezjdk41tgnj30gn0bzgnk.jpg

cr deeks16

And he had another star sent by Turkish Moniz before.

• Like 6

@CarolynH, I received a framed star poster in my name from work. Sort of an award thing. A group of us did before they transferred us to another department. I did some research into it. It is more of a gimmick really. The star is really not given your name. The star already has it's own official name and number by scientists or astronomers. It was over $100 and I think it is a waste of money. Sorry! Just my opinion. The bunch of us who got it, wished that we were given a gift certificate instead. LOL

@gtLmh0622 glad kissasian works :) I agree with you that I don't like many of his fashions but I think it is supposed to make him look like a prince. However when he wears his black suits, he looks good.

Could not sleep so I got up in the middle of the night and watched episode 2.:lol:

Episode 2

I feel better about Boys Before Flowers after Episode 2. The drama is still very flawed, and I think I’m going pretty easy on it — I could snark much more if I wanted to — but I don’t want to be mean about this series. I have a lot of affection for it.

But the reason for my liking hinges mostly upon one character, and that is the tough-guy-masking-a-soft-heart, Gu Jun-pyo. Lee Min-ho, manseh!

http://www.dramabeans.com/2009/01/boys-before-flowers-episode-2/

Like Seo-hyun said, he is actually lonely though he does have 3 good friends but grew up without parental love. How about his sibling though? Maybe he is attracted to Jandi because unconsciously she reminds him of his sister? I guess all that adulation from the rest of his world or respect bores him and that someone would stand up to him intrigues but angers him at the same time because he does not know how to deal with such a person never having come across such a situation before. He grabs at straws and rationalizes her words about not being kissed as a cry that she wants a bf and he is the one. That is the only way he can support his world view. His famous statement about how can you not like me. I am good looking, smart, rich, etc is his view and he has to make the situation fit his perception. (LMH was pretty thin then but his topless shower scene shoes he has some broad shoulders and tight muscles. Ha! Ha! @1ouise, you said when you googled him, he looked like this... Yes, I am one of those who is not into his curly locks. There are times later when his locks are less curly and he looks better but in the beginning it is too curly and long. Bad boys are not my type too so I was more drawn to Ji Hoo like Jan Di.) The thing about GYP, he can get mad or sad but then sees opportunities to try to get close to JD like the cruise ship affair. He has the never say die attitude. He has the confidence that he can eventually prevail. So after one rejection after another, he still continues to try to pursue her. To him, she is worth the effort. He will try to change himself to her liking. It is hard to stick to this episode since we have already seen the whole drama. LOL! I think what made this drama a hit is the exaggerations, the story book fairy tale, the grand and expensive lifestyle and GJP.  Also it is a favorite manga so if it is over the top, it is still acceptable. I still don't care for JD's family except for her little brother. He is cool with his laptop.

• Like 7

On 5/19/2017 at 3:48 AM, 1ouise said:

@pixie0622  Haha.  I totally get this.  I kinda wish people would leave him alone and let him be a civilian, but then, if you knew a guaranteed time and place to see him up close and personal, wouldn't you do it??

Speaking of which...  @Latifah, do you mean that Min-ho's recent trip to LA included Las Vegas??  How do our detective Minoz know these things??  If I had known this, I would have been tempted to get in my car and drive straight to Las Vegas!  That is as close as he will ever get to me.

We are actually seeing more of him, not less, now that he is doing his service.  :D  And I'm super enjoying seeing his "work fashion."

I saw moonshine's IG post back then here, one of the hashtags reads #TheDayofDeparturetoLasVegas so he actually landed in Vegas from Incheon.. by the time we all found out that he was in the US he had left Vegas to LA *sigh* you could never get to him.. I'm still curious as to what he was doing there, it could be for the beer cf but you never know. what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas lol

On 5/23/2017 at 11:52 PM, pixie0622 said:

Interesting fact: Uri bb was wearing the same raincoat and shoes featured in his HERE photo shoot in Paris last year (minus the mask) :)

sharp eyes cr ilMinozli :tongue:

I see what you did there :tongue: 

I really love him for not being concerned with what outfits he had appeared in before, not worrying that they've appeared in a photoshoot or tv and coolly repeats them instead of splurging on the latest trends. not to mention his outfits have always been simple and it's him who makes them stylish xD

what he wore in the last time I think is the same as his last IG update?

7387dfe9gy1femg77689jj20qo0xcdls.jpg

7e868a0fgy1ffxb9h4rjyj20yi1pcb2c.jpg

both the sweatshirt and undershirt xD

I think one of the reasons of why he looks stylish even with simple outfits is that he almost always layers his clothes

he should give up on one of his layers tho.. his mask! I miss his nose and mouth, I miss his lower face 

• Like 12

On 5/26/2017 at 6:54 AM, gtLmh0622 said:

Some chingus' suggestions of the charities for our donations before :

1. Suseo Welfare Center - Minho's working place.
    I can't find English website of Suseo Welfare Center, so don't know how to make donation to there by now.

2. PMZ - Minho's charity platform
    I studied PMZ before, foreigners are hard to make donations. 

I think we may think about UNICEF. Minho is honorary member of UNICEF, and it seems it's easy to do donations. 
https://www.unicef.org/

Please bring up more advices.  

there is World Wildlife Fund (known as WWF), an organization that conserves nature and wildlife.

I got to know about them in the concert venue when promiz and WWF together had a booth for their Earth Hour campaign 

Spoiler

C7xFKt5VMAAoCg0.jpg

I visited their website and they've got meaningful gifts

for example 

conserving the Amazon

Snip20170529_12.png

or protecting snow leopards

Snip20170529_13.png

you can see more here: http://shop.panda.org/all-gifts.html

or you can adopt animals on behalf of Minho, this is cute xD

here is the list of animals (most are endangered): https://gifts.worldwildlife.org/gift-center/gifts/Species-Adoptions.aspx

when I googled for how the certificate of adoption would look like, I got the result of some idol group fans who adopted a penguin for their artist

penguin_zpsegibfbld.jpg

• Like 10

3 hours ago, Latifah_ said:

there is World Wildlife Fund (known as WWF), an organization that conserves nature and wildlife.

I got to know about them in the concert venue when promiz and WWF together had a booth for their Earth Hour campaign 

Reveal hidden contents

C7xFKt5VMAAoCg0.jpg

I visited their website and they've got meaningful gifts

for example 

conserving the Amazon

or protecting snow leopards

you can see more here: http://shop.panda.org/all-gifts.html

or you can adopt animals on behalf of Minho, this is cute xD

here is the list of animals (most are endangered): https://gifts.worldwildlife.org/gift-center/gifts/Species-Adoptions.aspx

when I googled for how the certificate of adoption would look like, I got the result of some idol group fans who adopted a penguin for their artist

They are all great !! Thanks a lot !! @Latifah_     qq_thumb.gif

Maybe we can choose one item.  

• Like 5

20170529 on duty, more and more fans are waiting for him.
BTW, he was assigned to work outside last Friday, so there were no pictures for that day.

005Acrrkgy1fg1x584wtsj31401z47wj.jpg

005Acrrkgy1fg1x5vkmkbj31401z4hdu.jpg

005Acrrkgy1fg1x5gp1uoj30wg1lpx6p.jpg

@Latifah_   And yes, he is really not concerned with what outfits he had appeared in before.  The picture in Spoiler is the T-Shirt he's wearing today.

Spoiler

a604511cgy1fg1yvl9f43j20qo140q9e.jpg

cr as tagged

cr 娜娜小姐r

• Like 13

31 minutes ago, gtLmh0622 said:

They are all great !! Thanks a lot !! @Latifah_     qq_thumb.gif

Maybe we can choose one item.  

I agree, those are good suggestions. I think we should stick to charities close to our boy's heart and those are anything to help out children. We can just choose between PMZ and Unicef.  I also saw other sites where we can sponsor children (from Philippines and other countries) like this site:  

https://www.children.org/make-a-difference/sponsor-a-child?country=philippines&onlyNeedy=true#child-results

• Like 4

@latifah_: I love your idea! I like conservation of the Amazon or sponsoring an animal.  I'm surprised that it's so affordable.  Would we have a fight over the animal. I like the oddballs like a sloth or manatee but I'd be happy with a cute koala or panda -- just no snakes lol

@minekasstill working on my comments for ep 2.  

• Like 5

2 hours ago, gtLmh0622 said:

20170529 on duty, more and more fans are waiting for him.
BTW, he was assigned to work outside last Friday, so there were no pictures for that day

@Latifah_   And yes, he is really not concerned with what outfits he had appeared in before.  The picture in Spoiler is the T-Shirt he's wearing today.

Reveal hidden contents

a604511cgy1fg1yvl9f43j20qo140q9e.jpg

cr as tagged

cr 娜娜小姐r

Hi gtLmh, thanks for sharing the pictures for TODAY.....He looks so gorgeous wearing that color blue top. Not surprising that many fans are still there always waiting for him in/out. Also, thanks for sharing this tidbit - I wonder what work he did last Friday aside from the usual work in the office these past few days.....:lol:

6 hours ago, Latifah_ said:

I saw moonshine's IG post back then here, one of the hashtags reads #TheDayofDeparturetoLasVegas so he actually landed in Vegas from Incheon.. by the time we all found out that he was in the US he had left Vegas to LA *sigh* you could never get to him.. I'm still curious as to what he was doing there, it could be for the beer cf but you never know. what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas lol

I see what you did there :tongue: 

I really love him for not being concerned with what outfits he had appeared in before, not worrying that they've appeared in a photoshoot or tv and coolly repeats them instead of splurging on the latest trends. not to mention his outfits have always been simple and it's him who makes them stylish xD

what he wore in the last time I think is the same as his last IG update?

both the sweatshirt and undershirt xD

I think one of the reasons of why he looks stylish even with simple outfits is that he almost always layers his clothes

he should give up on one of his layers tho.. his mask! I miss his nose and mouth, I miss his lower face 

Hi Latifah, It's the attitude you bring to clothes that make the difference. ... LMH knows how to carry this - He knows it's all about the best key pieces - and he always has the best shoes to match his get-up. That's why, I always want to see his full-shots. :lol:

• Like 4

@CarolynH chingu, while waiting for more comments on BOF episode 2, let's watch a few old videos:)

and this is so cute and hilarious. This baby girl probably disliked the bad boy Jun Pyo and his curly hair:D

one more video inside spoiler

Spoiler

Cr kim21reashane/paris6228/minojennylin83/minozindo's channel

• Like 9

45,000 Koreans Vote On Which Idol Is The Best Kisser

Netizens voted for their favorite male actor kissers – and names like Gong Yoo and Kim Soo Hyun made the list – but who won?

In a poll totaling 47,355 votes, Netizens came together to select which of their favorite male actors portrayed the best on-screen kisses. Many actors were up for the vote – including favorites like Lee Min Ho, Gong Yoo, and Kim Soo Hyun, but the list may surprise you. Here are the results of the poll, which totaled at 18 of the top kissers.

6. Lee Min Ho (4,108 votes)

giphy.gif

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : Koreaboo

LINK to read the FULL article : http://www.koreaboo.com/buzz/these-actors-are-the-best-kissers-according-to-koreans/

• Like 2

10 hours ago, CarolynH said:

@latifah_: I love your idea! I like conservation of the Amazon or sponsoring an animal.  I'm surprised that it's so affordable.  Would we have a fight over the animal. I like the oddballs like a sloth or manatee but I'd be happy with a cute koala or panda --

About the species adoptions on WWF, I prefer Lion Cub. 
https://gifts.worldwildlife.org/gift-center/gifts/Species-Adoptions/Lion-Cub.aspx
Once an interview in Taiwan, Minho said that his favorite animal was lion cub.

And I was surprised that the species adoptions didn't need too much money.
Maybe we can adopt several species of animals instead of only one.  

• Like 3

Thank you @carolynh and @gtlmh0622 for sharing your opinions they made me happy 'cuz I was hesitating whether I should suggest WWF or not

I'm in for any charity project everyone agrees on, WWF is only a suggestion

2 hours ago, gtLmh0622 said:

About the species adoptions on WWF, I prefer Lion Cub. 
https://gifts.worldwildlife.org/gift-center/gifts/Species-Adoptions/Lion-Cub.aspx
Once an interview in Taiwan, Minho said that his favorite animal was lion cub.

And I was surprised that the species adoptions didn't need too much money.
Maybe we can adopt several species of animals instead of only one.  

I didn't know that a lion cub is his favorite, this explains why minomi is a lion :tongue:

for the adoption I was thinking that a big horn sheep would be a nice choice

in DMZ The Wild Minho really liked the mountain goat that he saw himself in it, he said "visual wise it's my style" lol when he was asked why he said "it's sweet, cute and has this mysterious charm about it" xD I hope I'm not wrong in understanding this part, but he really loved them.

aren't mountain goats almost the same as the big horn sheep? (both live in mountains, have horns, and are tame)

lol carolyn is right, we could have a fight over the animal

about its cost I was surprised as well for how affordable it is, and it comes with a plushie and gifts which we can ship to MYM 

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Latifah_ said:

Thank you @carolynh and @gtlmh0622 for sharing your opinions they made me happy 'cuz I was hesitating whether I should suggest WWF or not

I'm in for whatever charity project everyone agrees on, WWF is only a suggestion

I didn't know that a lion cub is his favorite, this explains why minomi is a lion :tongue:

for the adoption I was thinking that a big horn sheep would be a nice choice

in DMZ The Wild Minho really liked the mountain goat that he saw himself in it, he said "visual wise it's my style" lol when he was asked why he said "it's sweet, cute and has this mysterious charm about it" xD I hope I'm not wrong in understanding this part, but he really loved them.

aren't mountain goats almost the same as the big horn sheep? (both live in mountains, have horns, and are tame)

lol carolyn is right, we could have a fight over the animal

about its cost I was surprised as well for how affordable it is, and it comes with a plushie and gifts which we can ship to MYM 

That's hilarious chingus :lol: While we're at it, how about Pumbaa (warthog)? He did have an eye-to-eye moment with something similar during the DMZ shoot, didn't he? B)

• Like 4