Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Happy B-day June 22! Pachinko Season 2 Aug 23 on Apple TV+; Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

BOYS OVER FLOWERS –EPISODE SIX

Jun Pyo continues to make romantic gestures to impress Jandi. She appreciates the fireworks display and the anklet that he bought for her from the market; however she’s now more concerned about Ji Hoo who seems to be troubled by something that she’s unaware of.

5RrwcKN.jpg

cr as tagged

The scenes connected with the anklet are very well done. At breakfast, Jun Pyo notices that Ji Hoo is wearing a ‘bracelet’ that is akin to the one that he gifted to Jandi. She isn’t wearing it either. Even though he suspects her when she said that she left it in her room, Jun Pyo doesn’t want to jump into conclusions and make her suffer again.  

At the volleyball match Ji Hoo hands over the ‘bracelet’ to Jun Pyo and says:

“I liked it. It’s Jandi’s. She dropped it last night. Return it to her.”

He’s giving him proof and indirectly saying that Jandi was with him in the previous night. Jun Pyo is shocked at this revelation and his hand starts trembling and he loses focus on the game. He misses all the shots and gets hit by the volleyball, making his nose bleed. Then he totters off the beach like a drunkard.:o

ukRysUl.jpg

The kayak chase would have been more intense and effective if Ji Hoo had been man enough to take the challenge up. Instead he provokes Jun Pyo even more, by rafting back. Jun Pyo recovers from his anger and takes Jandi on an excursion in a helicopter over to a field in the shape of a heart. He says to her;

I told myself that when I found a girl whom I like, I must bring her here. Did you see? My heart?:)

Then he takes a deep breath, smiling to himself, so pleased with himself, having confessed his love to her. So sweet: Jandi seems flustered and insensible though. Contrastingly, she is more comfortable and relaxed with Ji Hoo when she goes fishing with him.

kp3NUvo.jpg

cr as tagged

That night, much to Jandi’s dismay, news of Seo Hyun’s engagement is revealed.   Feeling terrible for  Ji Hoo, she goes to the beach to find him. She says sorry and tries to comfort him and Ji Hoo wonders why he didn’t like a girl like Jandi. Then he kisses her……and there is Jun Pyo watching them… furious.:o

Spoiler

iUsrncH.jpg

Jun Pyo asks “eventually this is it?”. In a rage,he punches Ji Hoo. Then he confronts the two.

JD   Gu Jun Pyo, don’t be like this.

JP This is... what is this? This is something you don’t know? You fell into a trap again? I wanted to believe you. I didn’t want  to misunderstand you again. I tried my hardest.

JD  I’m sorry that….

JP I showed you my sincerity. But is this your answer?

JD  It’s not like that..

JP It’s really over now. Geum Jandi, don’t act like you know me anymore.

Poor Jun Pyo looked devastated when he saw Ji Hoo and Jandi together and my heart aches for him, especially when I think of how disgusted she was when he ‘stole’ a kiss from her.:(

Spoiler

Liked Logan’s comment on Dramafever relive the drama BOF:

"What has to be especially painful to Jun Pyo is the way that she’s resisted kissing him so far- which I totally get, but then she didn’t even hesitate when Ji Hoo leaned in to kiss her. I know she’s confused. She had a crush on him and now she feels bad for him. It’s just a bummer that someone who strives for what’s right so often would make a mistake like that. Still, Ji Hoo definitely took advantage of her sympathy. If he really cared about her and was a good guy, he would have made his feelings clear to her and given her the opportunity to set firm boundaries with Jun Pyo before doing anything."

Back at home, Jandi tearfully recollects her moments with Jun Pyo; how he gave her the swimming goggles and said not to drink, without him around; how he waited for her for hours in the snow ; how he saved her from the bullies and how he confessed his love to her. Then she says, “I’m sorry Gu Jun Pyo”

Spoiler

OgHbjvn.jpgUzy8hwv.jpggHcY6oJ.jpg2BBP4CI.jpg

Photo cr Dramabeans

Liked the chalk doodle of angry Jun Pyo with a lot of curls and Jandi’s face trying to hold back tears. I’m glad if she’s feeling guilty even a tiny bit and reciprocating, because he’s no longer with her.

Meanwhile, Jun Pyo decides that both Ji Hoo and Jandi will be expelled from school and Ji Hoo will be kicked out of F4 as well.  The situation becomes even more grave as Jun Pyo and Ji Hoo both want to avenge Jandi in their own ways. :o

My thoughts on the betrayal

Seo Hyun is the first person to notice Ji Hoo’s feelings for Jandi and finally she was able to let go of him because of her.  However, when it was obvious to Ji Hoo that Jun pyo was officially dating Jandi, he shouldn’t have messed around with her. He is such a loser that he even suggested that he and Jandi should date behind Jun Pyo’s back. I thought he got so vulnerable after the rejection and misbehaved but there wasn’t even repentance on his part. Beware of Casanovas.

As for Jandi , I don’t know her either: She had a super crush on Ji Hoo and Jun Pyo knew that too. She’s supposed to be an honest girl who stands up for what is right :her behavior doesn’t seem to be consistent with her character though.  I think she could never reject Jun Pyo point-blank because her heart kept wavering between the two guys. IDK if she was finally ready to accept Ji Hoo’s feelings when she found out that he was unattached.

Jun Pyo loved Jandi to the point of being absurd and annoying and I’m sure he didn’t regret any of his actions. Yes, being an over- possessive lover is one of his major flaws. However, because of love, he has humbled himself and shown commendable transformation from being a jerk to a better person and still, he’s full of potential to become a righteous and honest man.

Next week, in order to put an end to the fight over Jandi, Jun Pyo and Ji Hoo face off in an athletic competition.

More links inside spoiler

Spoiler

Cr stoLenciTy

cr phanlinh111

cr Bumsso Kim

cr Bumsso Kim

Cr 182Baters

cr Kim Thinh Ho

cr iheartkimbummie

cr addictedtoLeeMinHo

cr addictedtoLeeMinHo

cr Janey Wang

cr youdahfaygay

• Like 10

Thanks for the recap @minekas!  I especially like what you said here:

On 6/23/2017 at 10:36 PM, minekas said:

Jun Pyo loved Jandi to the point of being absurd and annoying and I’m sure he didn’t regret any of his actions. Yes, being an over- possessive lover is one of his major flaws. However, because of love, he has humbled himself and shown commendable transformation from being a jerk to a better person and still, he’s full of potential to become a righteous and honest man.

My thoughts on episode 6:

When watching a drama, maybe it’s natural to put yourself in the heroine’s place if you are female, right?  I find in this case I am living this drama from GJP’s point of view and not Jan-di’s.  How about you?  I want what he wants, and since that is Jan-di, then that’s what I want to happen.  (Or maybe I’m not thinking clearly enough because, like every fangirl, what I want is LMH, and that muddles the whole equation.)

It’s frustrating to watch Jan-di.  Is she clueless about the consequences of her actions?  Does she know what she really wants?  Does she really dislike GJP’s attention and his affection for her?

This episode stirs things up enough to put the love triangle back in question, to put GJP back to his nasty ways, and to maybe force Jan-di to realize that she really likes GJP.  I have to remind myself that they are high-schoolers and still immature, especially in the ways of relationships.

Even though it’s maddening to watch, I like the plot developments because they make the show addictive.

Spoiler

tumblr_os0na0SQTO1w2zf0ho1_540.png

tumblr_os0na0SQTO1w2zf0ho2_540.png

tumblr_os0na0SQTO1w2zf0ho3_540.png

tumblr_os0na0SQTO1w2zf0ho4_540.png

Favorite parts:

Jun-pyo paralyzed in the water and feeling horrible afterward.

Spoiler

tumblr_os0na0SQTO1w2zf0ho5_540.png

tumblr_os0na0SQTO1w2zf0ho6_540.png

Jun-pyo showing Jan-di his heart.

tumblr_os0na0SQTO1w2zf0ho7_540.png

Jun-pyo trying his best.

tumblr_os0na0SQTO1w2zf0ho8_540.png

Spoiler

tumblr_os0na0SQTO1w2zf0ho9_540.png

And now, back to the present.  Doesn't our cute Gujido couple look like they're living a k-drama moment?

tumblr_os0mu1tAVO1w2zf0ho1_540.png

Keep your eyes on the road while driving!  (Okay, okay, it’s the DMZ ... extremely low probability of any vehicles or pedestrians.)  :lol:

• Like 12

http://www.starseoultv.com/news/articleView.html?idxno=464245

Partial translation by Google :

[Global K Star Ranking] 'Lee Min Ho' is the most popular story, 'Lee Min Ho' is the No. 1 in endless popularity ...

464245_304934_2427.png

◆ This week (June 14 ~ June 20, 2017) Global K Star popular analysis

Lee Minho's popularity was endless.

Lee Min-ho, who started working as a social worker at Gangnam District Office from the 12th of last month, is meeting with the fans even after enrolling through MBC 'DMZ, The Wild,' who appeared through talent donations before enlistment.

On the 19th, 'DMZ, The Wild' ('The Wild') 's second story' The Keeper of the Land 'was portrayed.

Lee Minho, who showed a serious and tranquil appearance to the viewers 'DMZ in the previous episode "Endless War", vividly conveyed the battle of wild animals' nesting in the "Keeper of the Earth". Finally, the last episode of the last episode, "The Land of Coexistence," will be released on the 26th.

Lee Minho who challenged the natural documentary presenters, which was first attempted in Korea, has not appeared in movies and dramas and broadcasts. In a strange environment, the body was gradually thrown into the body, showing the intimacy of getting closer to nature, adding a friendly description of the foot of the boar and the eggs of the birds. I had to ask an intimate and ecstatic expert who was an intimate sexuality ecotourist, and I was very anxious about the kitten who lost his mother.

In addition, Lee Minho has won the title of "Endless Curiosity", "Gujido Solomon", "Subjective Presenter", "Man of Emptiness" and "Preparatory King" He has become an enterprising, enterprising and sincere figure, capturing the hearts of fans.

• Like 10

@minekas and @1ouise:  Thanks friends for the recap and thought provoking questions.  I just started rewatching episode 6 and will post my thoughts.  I try to watch the Viki version because of the comments, but there so many that it's difficult to read the comments and the subs.

• Like 4

@minekas Great review. Thank you. I see a very intense GJP in this episode. You see his emotions move from happy, contented to uncertainty and when he found out Jandi was with JH the night before, he was like a dazed crazy man and unable to focus while before half time, they won the first set. The jealousy and disappointment made him so unfocused, you feel so sorry for him and his hair was wild and crazy too. When JD was drowning, and he could not save her, he was totally disgusted with himself and felt a failure so much that he could not be close to her and had to walk away. Then in the little jacuzzi pool where he tried to go underwater and almost choked himself. A scene I found funny was when Jandi tricked him and said there was a snake, he looked at her so smug at first and then puzzled, uncertain and then Yaaaaah, I hate snakes and he ran screaming like a bat out of hell, cowardly, and chicken. You see his various emotions change from minute to minute. You know GJP is a very intense person and does everything passionately, there is no half-way with this guy. It is all or nothing. Competition, love, hate, jealousy, sad or happy - all 100% extremes.  As he said. I don't want to ever regret with a "what if" so I will try my very best and if I fail, I will cut relationships off, completely. It is very interesting to see LMH go through all this emotions in the space of one episode and in one trip to New Caledonia. It was supposed to be a fun trip which ended in a disaster. I liked it when they were in the helicopter and GJP looked so self-satisfied when he looked to see how Jandi reacted to  the heart shaped landscape from above.

We see at the end when JD drew the curly hair on GJP's drawing that she has come to love the curly shocks which she hated previously. You know she has already forgotten her crush for Ji Hoo and now she cares for GJP though she would still not admit it to anyone. Ji Hoo saw it and realized who her real love is now and it is no longer him. I wonder if GJP never even guessed that Jandi had a crush on Ji Hoo. He knows Ji Hoo rescued her previously from the other students and if he is sharp he might realize that Jandi could care for Ji Hoo because of his kindness to her. He should be less angry if he realized that Jandi had a crush before him and he is the interloper and not Ji Hoo.

Ga Eaul really loves to take selfies even before smart phones :lol:

@alovebof thanks for Kim So Roo instagram. So that was taken on his birthday? Did Kim So Ro take part in LMH's birthday celebrations. They are still close friends. When LMH filmed my teacher ET,  KIm So Ro predicted that LMH would become famous one day and he is right. That is such a nice selfie of the two of them. A recent photo of LMH without his face mask. I guess LMH is not supposed to post selfies or post in his Facebook or anything as long as he is in MS. Am I correct in assuming that? Kim So Ro can so if his other friends post his pictures, that is okay. I hope they do. :)

• Like 9

1 hour ago, CallieP said:

@minekas Great review. Thank you. I see a very intense GJP in this episode. You see his emotions move from happy, contented to uncertainty and when he found out Jandi was with JH the night before, he was like a dazed crazy man and unable to focus while before half time, they won the first set. The jealousy and disappointment made him so unfocused, you feel so sorry for him and his hair was wild and crazy too. When JD was drowning, and he could not save her, he was totally disgusted with himself and felt a failure so much that he could not be close to her and had to walk away. Then in the little jacuzzi pool where he tried to go underwater and almost choked himself. A scene I found funny was when Jandi tricked him and said there was a snake, he looked at her so smug at first and then puzzled, uncertain and then Yaaaaah, I hate snakes and he ran screaming like a bat out of hell, cowardly, and chicken. You see his various emotions change from minute to minute. You know GJP is a very intense person and does everything passionately, there is no half-way with this guy. It is all or nothing. Competition, love, hate, jealousy, sad or happy - all 100% extremes.  As he said. I don't want to ever regret with a "what if" so I will try my very best and if I fail, I will cut relationships off, completely. It is very interesting to see LMH go through all this emotions in the space of one episode and in one trip to New Caledonia. It was supposed to be a fun trip which ended in a disaster. I liked it when they were in the helicopter and GJP looked so self-satisfied when he looked to see how Jandi reacted to  the heart shaped landscape from above.

We see at the end when JD drew the curly hair on GJP's drawing that she has come to love the curly shocks which she hated previously. You know she has already forgotten her crush for Ji Hoo and now she cares for GJP though she would still not admit it to anyone. Ji Hoo saw it and realized who her real love is now and it is no longer him. I wonder if GJP never even guessed that Jandi had a crush on Ji Hoo. He knows Ji Hoo rescued her previously from the other students and if he is sharp he might realize that Jandi could care for Ji Hoo because of his kindness to her. He should be less angry if he realized that Jandi had a crush before him and he is the interloper and not Ji Hoo.

Ga Eaul really loves to take selfies even before smart phones :lol:

@alovebof thanks for Kim So Roo instagram. So that was taken on his birthday? Did Kim So Ro take part in LMH's birthday celebrations. They are still close friends. When LMH filmed my teacher ET,  KIm So Ro predicted that LMH would become famous one day and he is right. That is such a nice selfie of the two of them. A recent photo of LMH without his face mask. I guess LMH is not supposed to post selfies or post in his Facebook or anything as long as he is in MS. Am I correct in assuming that? Kim So Ro can so if his other friends post his pictures, that is okay. I hope they do. :)

Hi CalliP, you're right - while on MS you're prohibited of so many things & this is one of them.....Like what happened to Jung il Woo some weeks back, he mistakenly posted his picture but he deleted it right away. Maybe he forgot or someone had told him not to.... :lol:

• Like 4

My comments on BOF ep 6

I like this episode quite a bit because of emotions displayed by LMH.  I love the helplessness and frustration that I see in his eyes when he cannot rescue Jandi from drowning.  NOt only can he not rescue her, but twisting the knife even deeper, is seeing Ji Hoo rescue her.  So sad watching GJP walk away.  One thing about GJP giving Jandi lavish gifts is that I don't think he knows any other way, but that money buys friendship and love.  In their ultra rich circle, they is what they have seen and experienced, so Jandi should have also considered GJP's POV.  He doesn't know simple, inexpensive gifts can also be cherished as much or more than an expensive necklace or clothes.  I digress.  I think at this point Jandi still has feelings for Ji Hoo, otherwise why does she keep watching him from afar.  I suppose one could argue that she's concerned as a friend, but I'm not convinced that she is over him.  Ga Eul also blurts out that there is someone Jandi likes when yi Jeong asks about GJP.  It's sweet that GJP gives her the anklet that she appears to like.  Now why didn't ji Hoo return the anklet to jandi instead of giving it to gJP?  Of course, it implies that Ji Hoo and Jandi were together at some point and that Jandi lied to GJP about her anklet.  When Ji Hoo went in for the kiss, Jandi could have pulled away if she felt anything for GJP, which is why I don't think she is committed to GJP.  Poor GJP, his heart was broken to pieces.  Now I wish GJP kept his word and avoided jandi and made her chase him.  My thought as Jandi is regretfully looking at the googles is that she feel bad that GJP was hurt, but still is not in Camp GJP.  

9 hours ago, CallieP said:

@minekas 

@CalliePAnother one of my favorite scenes from this episode.  I'm conflicted with this scene whether she's just sorry he was hurt or cares for GJP.  I think GJP's expelling Ji Hoo and Jandi was a bit harsh considering that he seems closest to Ji Hoo, but I'm sure that it really hurts him to see either of them.  

Anyone here go to KCON NY to see the Innisfree booth?

• Like 10

On 2017/6/24 at 11:54 PM, CallieP said:

Yes, Kim So Roo predicted that (1) LMH will 100% be a Hallyu star.  (2) He will be a Nation-representatives-level actor.   (3) He will go to Hollywood when he's in 30-40 ages.  Now (1) and (2) were exactly realized, how about (3) ????  B)

Kim So Roo admired Minho several times :
LMH has best conducts ! Acting and vision are both perfect. 
LMH is well-behaved and polite, 90 degree bowing as meeting sunbaenim.
An actor without good conducts will go to the end, but an actor with good conducts will be better and better.
Even when LMH becomes a top star, he will be the houbae doing with me best.

20160907 Kim So Roo and Kim Min Jung attended Kangta's radio show. When Kangta asked who is the hoebae you cherish most, KSR said my most cherished hoebae is actor LMH. I've met him recently. Regularly he was the one contacted with me first, very appreciated.

He really likes Minho very much, and thanks KSR to be a teacher-and-friend with Minho.  :)

• Like 11

12 hours ago, CarolynH said:

Now I wish GJP kept his word and avoided jandi and made her chase him.  My thought as Jandi is regretfully looking at the googles is that she feel bad that GJP was hurt, but still is not in Camp GJP.  

CarolynH. I don't think Jandi will chase him. She has too much pride. She would rather be expelled and leave the school. My two-cents ^_^

10 hours ago, gtLmh0622 said:

es, Kim So Roo predicted that (1) LMH will 100% be a Hallyu star.  (2) He will be a Nation-representatives-level actor.   (3) He will go to Hollywood when he's in 30-40 ages.  Now (1) and (2) were exactly realized, how about (3) ????  B)

YESSSS, I really hope his 3rd prediction will come true when LMH leaves MS. And do well.

Hope he uses these two years to study English. Hire a personal instructor like he has a bodyguard to speak and enunciate. Practice speaking is the best way to learn. What happened to his faithful bodyguard? Did he leave to protect someone else? LMH would not need his services for 2 years.

During the video that ICE translated,  LMH mentioned something about him checking the internet for news about himself every night? Is that right or am I mistaken?  Does he check fan comments on sites like Minoz Facebook or fan sites like Soompi, etc. too? What if he reads something negative, does that prevent him from having a good night sleep?

• Like 6

@CarolynH yup I was at Kcon NY this weekend and was excited to see an Innisfree booth. I finally got my photo with LMH! Lol. 

Great recap/ review on BOF @minekas. I felt bad for GJP in this episode and thought that was the worst that could happen, to be betrayed by the one you love, and with your best friend. I agree with Carolyn, and think that Jandi is not totally over her feelings with Jihoo. She must be starting to fall for Jun Pyo at this stage but she hasn't fully realized it yet. She will, though when she starts going out with Ji Hoo and starts missing Junpyo. 

Also happy to see the selfie of Kim So Roo with our boy without the mask and it's nice to know they have maintained their friendship thru the years. 

Video of Innisfree from Ice:

• Like 9

Another good news !!!! Lee Min Ho's DMZ Photography Exhibition will be held at the lobby of 1st floor in Sang Yam MBC Operation Centre from July 7 to Aug. 31, 2017.
Our bb is the photographer, not the model !!!  tootha_org.giftootha_org.gif

006eA78Fgy1fgz1998prpj30f308gaat.jpg

cr.  李敏镐吧网宣

• Like 8