Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Happy B-day June 22! Pachinko Season 2 Aug 23 on Apple TV+; Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

Lee Min Ho: He who wears the crown must bear its weight

Foreword: MH's interview released on Feb 8, 2015 -- KPopStarz
10959876_835945043132786_746636376348850
10980743_835945046466119_987359048266296
10527904_835945039799453_623432764404979
1922470_835945073132783_9734466714079165

Sources:
http://m.news.naver.com/read.nhn?mode=LSD&sid1=001&oid=433&aid=0000007862
http://chinese.kpopstarz.com/articles/56511/20150208/%E6%9D%8E%E6%95%8F%E9%95%90.htm

Guest minomi11.1987_dd12

Thank you very much @mosquito chingu for your effort to translate Minho's interview and sharing these meaningful words with us here. I really appreciate your kindness :-*

Well, every time reading his interview, I fall deeper for him.
He manages himself very well. Despite huge popularity he got now, he still think about his fans.
He has very strong sense of responsibility, he tries to balance his desire as an actor and the favor of his fans.
He's well aware that his popularity is the "gift" from his fans, with his big name and a lot of offers come in line,
I would suspect he'll leave drama, because for earning and prestigious rewards, movie provides both
but he never forget that he got all fame from drama, hence he comes back for fans.
I love this namja so much.

You're a talented actor Mr. Lee Minho, and God gives you gorgeous face for us to admire.
If you keep this good attitude and always try your best, one day you'll be even bigger than now.
If you were a book, I'll be happy to read each chapter, I always enjoy reading your interview and of course seeing your gorgeous photos.

Congratulations for Gangnam 1970. You got a lot of praises from this movie, you now reach higher level of your acting achievement.
Noir movie is not an easy genre, clearly its not for everyone. Hence you prove the box office success of this movie.
2 million++ admission for a noir movie in Korean local market alone, it's a superb achievement for a movie debut as leading man.
I'm a proud minoz.
Love always for you Minho.

B9SrJFcIEAAYF90.jpg
cr. Logo

Guest minomi11.1987_dd12

adlyn13 said: Hi girls if anyone is interested in my review of G'70 I will be doing it right now on the G'70 thread I will try and tag as many as I can LMH always knows how to ingrain his characters in me

Hi @adlyn13. First time signing on.  I have been reading this forum for awhile but first time posting. I am not sure how to post messages and stuff but I have a question and thus I decided to jump right in. You said you were going to post the review on the G'70 thread. Where can I find the G'70 thread as I really want to read your review of Gangnam Blues. Or if anyone else at this forum can help me with that. Thank you in advance.

Guest minomi11.1987_dd12

CallieP said: Hi @adlyn13. First time signing on.  I have been reading this forum for awhile but first time posting. I am not sure how to post messages and stuff but I have a question and thus I decided to jump right in. You said you were going to post the review on the G'70 thread. Where can I find the G'70 thread as I really want to read your review of Gangnam Blues. Or if anyone else at this forum can help me with that. Thank you in advance.

Hi everyone! I'm one of the LA people who saw G'70 yesterday.  I'm sure @pixie0622 will provide a much more insightful and descriptive review of yesterday so I won't go into much detail.  For those of you who will wait for the DVD, it's not a bad thing--except for the wait-- there are parts where you may want to watch more than once.  I found myself saying "wait, so now he is on his side?"--I'm being vague on purpose so as not to spoil it for others.  Bottom line is that I enjoyed the movie.  I hope everyone has a chance to watch it on one medium or another.
It was so nice to meet @pixie0622 and @adlyn13 for the first time and be able to freely talk about minho. The funny thing is that Pixie and I were calling each other, before we went in the theater, trying to figure out where the other one was located and we were about 2 feet apart!  LOL  We met two lovely ladies who also saw the movie.  Hopefully they will join in the conversation.  One actually met minho when he was filming Heirs in San Diego!  I believe she said her arm actually brushed against his--i wouldn't wash that blouse again!   I believe the theater was full.  The 3 of us were in the about 2 rows or so from the top.  It was a tough drive into LA.  some people were about 30 minutes late; parking was tough too.  

@minomi11 Thank you so much. Really appreciate it.

@foodmonster, Thanks for your offer at translation. I wonder if you could translate LMH's interview at TenAsia. Someone mentioned earlier that there might be an English version but so far I have not seen any.

Guest margiestevens16

Im one of la minoz that watch GB, and it was sooooo nice to meet you guys in person, hopefully that it wont be our last!

And as for the movie it was so great!! Lee Min Ho certainly outdone himself! im watching it again next weekend with my husband!

Thank you @Mosquito for sharing your translation with us. We always loved to read new interviews from our handsome namja. 
Hello to all LA peeps @margiestevens16‌ @CarolynH‌ @adlyn13‌ @pixie0622‌ ! I am so happy for you guys. Thanks for sharing your experience with us. Waiting patiently for pixie's review! :D 
 Here's a nice review of breathlesssurvival: https://breathlesssurvival.wordpress.com/2015/02/08/lee-min-ho-matures-for-gangnam-1970/
I especially love this part: ... all I saw was those soulful eyes of his staring at me out of the screen. His eyes are the ones that capture and reel you in because they are just so expressive and you can read everything he feels there ...

I have question ....now the movie been watch her in the USA dose it counts in Korea ? For the movie to reach 3 million or what ever number they want ?

@Mosquito  Thank you for your hard work on translating articles on Minho.But reading your translation I felt something didn't match with what I read in the original article.I checked the original article. It was Dispatch article, right? http://news.naver.com/main/read.nhn?mode=LSD&mid=sec&sid1=106&oid=433&aid=0000007862
I was confused at first because it was tagged with Kpopstarz.
Anyway, I would like to correct one quote of Minho's words. Especially “People around me always tell me 'You are the best', and I have thought that this (flower boy) is the right path and evaded issues in reality. Being an introspective person, once I start to slowly reflect on my own, only then I am able to face up to my problem.” part.I translated the highlighted part as literally as possible. 

"People around me always tell me 'You are the best', and if I were confined in it(people's saying 'you are the best'), I would think(or know) that's really the case. I need to grasp the situation realistically (to decide) whether that's the case or not. I tend to look back at myself, and ask myself. (Only) in that way, I can look squarely at the reality(or the way things are) now."

I think it happened because it went through translation procedures twice.If possible, I will try to translate other Minho's words in this article later. Please don't be offended. I really appreciate your efforts all the time.

class="title_sec" style="line-height:34px;"11-(MOVIES) Box Office

(skipped unrelated.....)

20150205001255_0.jpg

Gangnam 1970 (Korea)

Opened Jan. 21

Action, Drama. Directed by Yoo Ha

The final installment of director Yoo Ha’s “street series” trilogy, this noir action flick is set against the backdrop of an exploding real estate market in Seoul’s Gangnam district in the 1970s, a turbulent era when the military strongman Park Chung-hee ruled the country. When two childhood friends, Kim Jong-dae (Lee Min-ho) and Baek Yong-ki (Kim Rae-won), are forced to become enemies, misunderstanding, revenge and conspiracy ensues.

credit : Korea Herald