Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

Lee Min Ho shares his thoughts on starring in his first drama in 3 years

1587018945-20200416-leeminho.jpg

On April 16, the cast and crew of SBS's new Fri-Sat drama series 'The King: Eternal Monarch' attended the drama's online press conference, aired via 'Kakao TV'. 

On this day, lead actor Lee Min Ho gave his thoughts returning with his first small-screen project in approximately 3 years. Lee Min Ho said, "I took a break for about 3 years, and it was a time for me to look back on myself a little. I've come to a point where I need to paint an image of myself as an actor in his thirties - a different image from me in my twenties. I thought that this is also an important time to show growth."

He continued, "I spent a lot of time monitoring my past work, also studying other good production, and overall thinking a lot about my future direction. When I finally stepped into the filming set after all of those worries and thoughts, it was not a strange place. It was a familiar place. I thought, 'This is where I belong'." 

Finally, Lee Min Ho shared, "Since the drama begins airing tomorrow after this press conference, I can't help but feel nervous... But now that I've entered my thirties, I personally feel that I've found more leniency as the human 'Lee Min Ho'. I think I've found leniency to look at things whether it's work, people, or whatever, to focus on the most important aspects."

Lee Min Ho's new fantasy romance drama 'The King: Eternal Monarch' premieres this April 17 at 10 PM KST!

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2020/04/lee-min-ho-shares-his-thoughts-on-starring-in-his-first-drama-in-3-years

• Like 11
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

Ok i now i feel like broken tape recorder but he looks so stunning. He carries everything. I mean he is made for king role because he looks like one. Noone cay carry royal tag like him. I love his transition  from flowerboy to hot sexy vampire in 30s lol. He makes everything look rich.

And second i can  understand his nervousness and pressure about choosing a project. When you have spend a decade at top, one wrong project  can harm your career. And yes he wants to get rid of pretty  boy tag. Which i think he already has and proved himself as a good actor mutliple times, i feel this decade of career will have very diverse portfolio . King's  success will ensure that he can afford to take some career risks in next few years.  And chose some projects different from mainstream to get more serious actor  tag . But for me he is already a great actor and the man who introduced me to k drama land.

But if that satisfies him as an actor, i will support him though i only like more mainstream type of stuff. But i respect his decision.

• Like 9
  • Love 1

Kim Go Eun mentioned how things were awkward at first but Minho made it comfortable cause he was friendly and all so Minho complained that despite all of that she (with dohwan) still call him sunbae. 

cr: @Latifah_

EVtdbHXWoAAoSh_?format=jpg&name=small

EVtdbHZWkAAf4U1?format=jpg&name=small

EVtiewkVAAE_wYD?format=jpg&name=small

Edited by syntyche
  • Like 9
  • Love 2

“The King: Eternal Monarch” Cast Shares Thoughts On Their Dual Roles, Chemistry With Each Other, And More

bb73ddc1f5d241bc95e4b1cfaa5ebdf0.jpeg?s=

“The King: Eternal Monarch” held a press conference via a livestream broadcast just a day away from its premiere!

The SBS drama is a fantasy romance that tells the story of two parallel universes—one in which Korea is a constitutional monarchy, and one similar to present-day Korea. Lee Min Ho will play Emperor Lee Gon, and Kim Go Eun will take on the role of detective Jung Tae Eul.

Actors Lee Min Ho, Kim Go Eun, Woo Do Hwan, Kim Kyung Nam, Jung Eun Chae, and Lee Jung Jin were present, and they answered questions related to the upcoming drama.

lee-min-ho4.jpg

First off, Lee Min Ho explained why he chose to star in the drama. He said, “The name [of the writer] Kim Eun Sook has weight and influence. I chose to star in this based on my trust and faith [in her].”

“The King: Eternal Monarch” is the first drama he is starring in since his discharge from the military in April 2019. The actor said, “It was time to look back on myself. I had to portray [a different image] from my 20s since I’m in my 30s now, so I had to grow, and I thought this was the proper time to show [my acting]. I thought about ways to do well as I reflected on my past.”

On how he prepared for his role as Lee Gon, he shared, “I’m cautious about dividing types, but I looked for books by mathematicians and lectures by physicists. People who lean towards natural sciences like clear answers and tend to be serious, and they take some time to solve for answers. They are the type of people who may seem frustrating, but they are sincere about every word they say.”

kim-go-eun3.jpg

Kim Go Eun talked about her role, saying, “I challenged myself to a double role with this drama. In Korea, I play Jung Tae Eul, a violent crimes detective, and in the Korean Empire, I play a criminal named Luna. The phrase, ‘I don’t know how to explain it,’ describes Jung Tae Eul perfectly. She is a person who takes action using her intuition, rather than solving things in her head.”

When asked about how it felt to reunite with screenwriter Kim Eun Sook, she showed joy and added, “Actually, this drama feels more difficult because it’s the second one we worked on together. I don’t want to spoil our good memories. I’m having fun filming because we’ve now became emotionally closer to each other.” Kim Go Eun was the female lead in Kim Eun Sook’s “Goblin.”

lee-min-ho-kim-go-eun2.jpg

The two lead actors expressed their satisfaction with their chemistry. Lee Min Ho chose Kim Go Eun’s eyes as her charming point and explained, “They change every minute. They are intense and shy and diverse. After seeing her eyes, I could see why [her acting] spectrum is so wide.” Kim Go Eun also praised Lee Min Ho, saying, “Lee Min Ho has a really good personality. We became friends without feeling awkward. I got a lot of help in playing my character.”

Spoiler

woo-do-hwan3.jpg

Woo Do Hwan portrays Jo Young, chief imperial bodyguard and Emperor Lee Gon’s best friend, as well as Jo Eun Seob, a public service worker at the National Police Agency’s civil service office. About playing two characters, he candidly commented, “It was very pressuring to play dual roles. Both are great roles, but the dialect was burdensome. The writer encouraged me to trust and follow her without worrying. I’m doing my best not to cause trouble. I will show a bright side that I’ve never shown in my previous works.”

Spoiler

jung-eun-chae.jpg

Jung Eun Chae plays Ku Seo Ryeong, the youngest-ever and first female prime minister of Korea. She shared, “There were many parts to the drama that were completely different from my previous works. I’m looking forward to this opportunity to show you a side of me that even I didn’t know about.”

Kim Go Eun increased the anticipation for the drama, saying, “It’s a story about parallel worlds, and there are a lot of details in it. There has never been a drama with such various double roles. It’s a fun mystery drama.”

Last but not least, the actors chose the key points of the drama. Kim Go Eun commented, “The more you watch, the more you will look forward to the next episode. It provides viewers with the fun of finding differences between the dual roles.” Lee Min Ho added, “There are many things to see, including an epic story, romance, and dual roles. Join ‘The King: Eternal Monarch’ as you continue to practice social distancing.”

“The King: Eternal Monarch” is set to premiere on April 17 at 10 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1394582wpp/the-king-eternal-monarch-cast-shares-thoughts-on-their-dual-roles-chemistry-with-each-other-and-more

• Like 10

D-1 I've been waiting for a long time for The King to come!
Finally, tomorrow is your day, Your Majesty Lee Gon!

Are you ready to run in the front row of the main room?

SBS Friday-Saturday drama "The King: Eternal Monarch"
April 17th (Friday) at 10pm, the first episode will be aired!

• Like 7
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

Lee Min-ho, Kim Go-eun partner in romance fantasy ‘The King: Eternal Monarch’

Lee Min-ho (left) and Kim Go-eun pose for photos during a press conference for new SBS drama series “The King: Eternal Monarch” on Thursday. (SBS)

Lee Min-ho (left) and Kim Go-eun pose for photos during a press conference for new SBS drama series “The King: Eternal Monarch” on Thursday. (SBS)

Lee Min-ho is returning to the small screen for the first time in three years through SBS’ “The King: Eternal Monarch,” which starts airing Friday night.

Lee, in his first role since completing his military service in April 2019, partners with Kim Go-eun, who is also returning to the screen three years after the hugely popular “Guardian: The Lonely and Great God.”

Kim Eun-sook, the scriptwriter behind several major hit Korean TV dramas, including tvN’s “Guardian” and “Mr. Sunshine” (2018) and KBS2’s “Descendants of the Sun” (2016), as well as “The Heirs” (2013) starring Lee, is in charge of the script for “The King.”

The romance fantasy tells the story of people who exist in two parallel universes of a fictional Korean empire, and a modern world similar to today’s South Korea.

Lee, 32, plays the role of Emperor Lee Gon, who tries to shut the doors between the two worlds to save his people. Lee Gon, the Korean empire’s third emperor, is a multifaceted character, skilled at both sports and mathematics.

Actress Kim plays two roles -- Jung Tae-eul, a modern-day detective who travels between the two worlds to help Lee, and Luna, living in the past.

“It’s like a pretty fairy tale. While the drama portrays a warm feeling overall, it is built on a concrete story with seemingly alive characters breathing inside it,” Lee Min-ho said during a press conference livestreamed online Thursday. 

A scene from “The King: Eternal Monarch” (SBS)

A scene from “The King: Eternal Monarch” (SBS)

Lee, who said he is both anxious and excited to finally return to television, added that the last three years have been a time for him to look back on his life and overcome his shortcomings as an actor.

“Entering my 30s, I think I’ve come to see what is the most fundamentally essential, whether in work or relationships with people,” Lee said.

Woo Do-hwan plays two very contrasting characters living in the two different worlds. Appearing as a solemn and faithful imperial bodyguard, Woo’s modern-world character Jo Eun-seob is a joyful and bubbly character.

Rising actress Jung Eun-chae plays the charismatic Prime Minister Goo Seo-ryung in the past, while Kim Kyung-nam takes up the role of detective Kang Shin-jae, Tae-eul’s friend.

Veteran actor Lee Jung-jin plays a key role as the villain Lee Rim, Emperor Lee Gon’s uncle, who opens the gateway between the two universes.

The 16-episode series will air at 10 p.m. on Fridays and Saturdays.

By Choi Ji-won (jwc@heraldcorp.com

Source http://www.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20200416000787

• Like 6
  • Awesome 1

Lee Min-ho returns to small screen with 'The King: Eternal Monarch'

41A8656E-8307-48AF-BB37-3054B7AFD615.jpg

Actors Lee Min-ho, left, and Kim Go-eun pose for a photo during a press conference for the new drama series "The King: Eternal Monarch" held in Seoul, Thursday. Courtesy of SBS

"The King: Eternal Monarch," featuring a star-studded cast including Lee Min-ho and Kim Go-eun, is a new drama written by Kim Eun-suk, who is widely known for "Descendants of the Sun" and "Guardian: The Lonely and Great God."

It is a fantasy romance that tells the story of two parallel universes ― one universe is a republic that resembles modern-day Korea while the other is an alternate universe in which Korea is a constitutional monarchy. 

Lee stars as King Lee Gon, who tries to fight the force of evil and close the door between two separate worlds, while Kim Go-eun appears as detective Jung Tae-eul. The two join forces and end up developing a romantic relationship. 

This is Lee's first drama since his completion of his mandatory military service.

"I received a call from Kim Eun-suk when I was contemplating over which character I should play after taking a three-year hiatus," Lee said during the online press conference for "The King: Eternal Monarch," Thursday. 

"I decided to join the project because I loved the synopsis and had trust in Kim Eun-suk as a writer." The two previously worked together in the 2013 series "The Heirs." 

Lee explained that a lot of things changed over time while he was away from the public eye. "Now that I'm in my thirties, I'm much more relaxed. I've come to realize what my priorities are when working or meeting people," he said.

Kim Go-eun, who appeared in Kim Eun-suk's previous hit "Guardian: The Lonely and Great God," expressed her excitement about working with the writer for the second time. 

"I was really excited to get another offer from Kim Eun-suk because that implies I left a good impression on her," Kim Go-eun said. "But I also had worries because I didn't want to disappoint her and turn good memories into bad ones."

The 29-year-old actress explained that she plays two roles, as the story is set both in the present and the past.

"In the Republic of Korea (present), I will appear as detective Jung Tae-eul. But in the Korean Empire (past), I will be playing Luna who is a criminal," she said. 

Kim Eun-suk did not attend the press conference because "she is incredibly busy writing the script," but the actors lauded her writing style and portrayal of characters. 

"I think Kim's stories are like beautiful fairytales. Overall, they have solid storylines and all the characters have charms, even the smallest roles," Lee said. 

Meanwhile, actress Kim Go-eun complimented Lee's personality. "Normally, we (actors) feel kind of awkward in the beginning because we don't know each other well. But with Lee, we became fast friends because he gave me a sense of comfort while I was acting," she said. 

"The King: Eternal Monarch" will premiere on April 17, and air every Friday and Saturday at 10 p.m.

https://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/art/2020/04/688_288028.html

• Like 7

Leeminho cutely complained about he’s being the oldest between him, kimgoeun and woodohwan. He wants to hear both of them calling him “hyung & oppa.” He makes mistake by calling goeun “noona.”

Dohwan said he usually called leeminho “pyeha” (majesty) but in this press con he finally called leeminho “hyung.”

cr: minozlmho

EVtGhFlUMAAh5DG?format=jpg&name=small

• Like 7