Lee Joon Gi 이준기 | [Drama 2023] "Arthdal Chronicles: The Sword of Aramoon"

Admin

11 hours ago, willenette said:

joybran, you said & described it right - In a BJJ context I’ve seen injuries to the ribs coming from throws, correct me if I'm wrong. I know rib injuries take a long time to heal.   Unlike a broken arm, you can’t wear a cast for broken ribs. You like jiu-jitsu & I respect it same with LJK but for me jiu-jitsu isn’t a smooth and steady form of exercise. :lol:

I suppose rib injuries are possible with overly rough throws in jiu-jitsu, especially if the person being thrown doesn't know how to land well, but they are even more likely with kicking and punching styles. Jiu-jitsu is mostly about learning techniques for submission holds after getting the opponent to the ground. Those kinds of holds are painful, which is why tapping out is so important, but they don't cause lasting damage or even any pain once they are released.

I don't think people study jui-jitsu for the exercise. There are a lot of other reasons to study martial arts, and not just to learn how to fight. But for people who want to learn to fight, jiu-jitsu is very practical. Most real fights end up on the ground, so a grappling style is important to know. Kicks, like in Taekwondo or karate, can be very powerful and certainly look impressive, but they can leave the kicker vulnerable to having their foot grabbed and landing on the ground very hard. That is why mixed martial arts now includes so much grappling instead of just kicking and punching.

In reality, teaching a woman jiu-jitsu for self-defense isn't all that practical. I took two very different classes from Rorian Gracie, son of the founder of Brazilian Jiu-jitsu Helio Gracie. One was regular jiu-jitsu like JG is becoming so good at. The other was women's self-defense. Instead of beating an opponent with a submission hold, the goal was getting away from an attacker. Very different techniques, although some jiu-jitsu moves are good for both.

I think the best reasons for studying martial arts are neither exercise nor fighting. JG's reasons are the best. For me, focus and self-confidence were important.

• Like 5

On 16/6/2018 at 9:05 PM, joybran said:

I love this scene. They are sparring with some basic jiu-jitsu moves, but it almost looks like they are dancing. Jiu-jitsu never seemed this sexy when I did it. :wub:

Thank you so mcuh for sharing those beautiful images... you are right, they seem like they are dancing. it was lovely, sexy but more than anything it was sad. all in all a beutiful scene. i was really surprised

On 17/6/2018 at 2:34 AM, bluelilac1214 said:

Um... do you think people would concentrate on their work if the boss looks and dresses like this??? :ph34r:I know that it would be difficult for me...:ph34r:

ehhh you just don't concentrate at work

Oppa's lates update from last night : (I thought @glassnokamen would've posted this... :blink:)

I loved this update so much... not only for the bare foot, but he looks so inocent and beautiful and natural...

The ratings for Ep. 11 of LL:

I was so sad about it... i understand there is a world cup going on... but why it has to be while LL was airing... why always make things for JG more difficult?

On 17/6/2018 at 2:57 AM, bluelilac1214 said:

A small Beauty Parade for my love Mr Bong :wub:

WOW. thank you. i'm blinded by his beauty. i don't know if it's just me but BSP is getting more beautiful and hot every episode

On 17/6/2018 at 6:02 PM, violina said:

Geum Ja knows whats up:D.She is such a fangirl:D.

i always can relate to her... she would be me if i ever get the chance to be near him

21 hours ago, glassnokamen said:

OMG second picture... i still can't get over it. Have i said before how much i love his arms... well i do. very much

21 hours ago, willenette said:

Hi joybran, thanks for sharing the pictures. After so many pictures we saw that they can't stop laughing now, they're focused on each other with serious face this time with her eyes that show her wanting to win on this sparring. The story is getting better & better. :lol:

you are right the story is getting ways better... how am i supposed to live until episode 13?

19 hours ago, joybran said:

The scene is so sweet, I had to watch it over and over. It is obvious that LGJ is trying not to hurt SYJ, but that works for the scene since BSP is trying to teach HJY enough to protect herself so he can reluctantly leave her. He is rough enough to make her take it seriously but, when he throws her over his hip, she wouldn't be able to land on her feet without his help. She looks so fierce and he looks so sad. 

The BTS is especially sweet. Learning to tie the belt correctly is so hard, it is really nice that JG is doing it for her. A kick to the ribs is definitely cheating in jiu-jitsu but also very likely to backfire, so JG's reaction is very funny.

everything you said

@willenette @joybran

thank you for the comments about jj. i'm pretty ignorant about martial arts (no matter how much i read about them in wikipedia. lol) but i always enjoyed watching any kind of martial arts since i was a kid.

i think i read or heard that jj is a technique were you dont need to be strong to defeat your oponent, so it could be very helpful for women...

7 hours ago, bluelilac1214 said:

First of all ratings of Ep 12 of LL

I'm s happy about ratings going up again. i hope they surpass 8 in the upcoming episodes... i'm not optimistic though... blame it on world cup. and yes i love football

Latest TVN stills

68XCZJWAE9OCI2G87WLB.jpg

IM5FECD7VYENIYD8PY4W.jpg

Spoiler

WPLD2IC8AQIAJFPK85SZ.jpg

8JLTS7QYCRZE15WGS7UD_1024x0.jpg

M2CVSV3FZCY6V117PWG6_1024x0.jpg

Go check the rest here:

http://program.tving.com/tvn/lawlesslawyer/3/Board/List?page=1

• Like 3

Better late than never

BSP Episode 6 Beauty Parade:

Spoiler

wux7dbZ.jpg

Z1N6p6T.jpg

EemfgHm.jpgUuIGEXy.jpgq935KTs.jpgzLrGX36.jpgAtM2Cji.jpg

bEu7CNu.jpg

Spoiler

5n6N5M9.jpgUpNBc61.jpguHiUUha.jpg

My sleeping beauty ( @pixelsticks i need my updated list... did we complete it already?)HmJjr2U.jpgtEq77GF.jpgPmp9FCY.jpgW30BvXW.pngvSrkV3m.png

Yes i was in heaven...

C1oOuaa.png

Spoiler

7uuFgIo.pngHbtunOj.pngLigNrEj.pngVHXE16G.pngdal7cpw.png8TmK0ON.pngoM9ZDTL.pnga4QUTbS.png3PVsL3D.jpg9w5HKPz.jpg

He really rocked the burgundy suit

Spoiler

oJFKtkL.jpg

MQqiX29.jpg

My smile for todayCyuz8it.jpg

Spoiler

adB7FoH.jpg5YsP66M.jpg

WDmWLju.jpg

Spoiler

qg3PJbO.jpg

In my defense everything was against me doing this post. there was a long blackout at home, my pendrive where i was saving the caps catched a virus and BSP looked so delicious that i overdid myself taking pictures. In fact i didn't selected wich one to post. i closed my eyes and just pick some from every scene.

Anyway hope you enjoy

My episode 6 highlights here:

Edited by antoniaclamens
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, joybran said:

I suppose rib injuries are possible with overly rough throws in jiu-jitsu, especially if the person being thrown doesn't know how to land well, but they are even more likely with kicking and punching styles. Jiu-jitsu is mostly about learning techniques for submission holds after getting the opponent to the ground. Those kinds of holds are painful, which is why tapping out is so important, but they don't cause lasting damage or even any pain once they are released.

I don't think people study jui-jitsu for the exercise. There are a lot of other reasons to study martial arts, and not just to learn how to fight. But for people who want to learn to fight, jiu-jitsu is very practical. Most real fights end up on the ground, so a grappling style is important to know. Kicks, like in Taekwondo or karate, can be very powerful and certainly look impressive, but they can leave the kicker vulnerable to having their foot grabbed and landing on the ground very hard. That is why mixed martial arts now includes so much grappling instead of just kicking and punching.

In reality, teaching a woman jiu-jitsu for self-defense isn't all that practical. I took two very different classes from Rorian Gracie, son of the founder of Brazilian Jiu-jitsu Helio Gracie. One was regular jiu-jitsu like JG is becoming so good at. The other was women's self-defense. Instead of beating an opponent with a submission hold, the goal was getting away from an attacker. Very different techniques, although some jiu-jitsu moves are good for both.

I think the best reasons for studying martial arts are neither exercise nor fighting. JG's reasons are the best. For me, focus and self-confidence were important.

Hi joybran, I couldn't agree with you more - you said it right. :lol:

• Like 2

22 hours ago, glassnokamen said:

Hi glassnokamen, thanks for sharing the clip. Lee Joon Gi is so sweet towards Seo Ye Ji and even helps tie the belt of her blue jiu jitsu uniform. I like their sparring. It's fun watching them despite that we can see her falling over and over again due to his attacks. He always drops her on the mat.  No matter how much Seo Ye Ji tries to knock Lee Joon Gi down, she is eventually unsuccessful. Although, she is really impressive for someone who has no training in martial arts! Do I stand corrected? -  I love watching that hilarious BTS clip - Please stay healthy, LJK! :lol:

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, willenette said:

Hi glassnokamen, thanks for sharing the clip. Lee Joon Gi is so sweet towards Seo Ye Ji and even helps tie the belt of her blue jiu jitsu uniform. I like their sparring. It's fun watching them despite that we can see her falling over and over again due to his attacks. He always drops her on the mat.  No matter how much Seo Ye Ji tries to knock Lee Joon Gi down, she is eventually unsuccessful. Although, she is really impressive for someone who has no training in martial arts! Do I stand corrected? -  I love watching that hilarious BTS clip - Please stay healthy, LJK! :lol:

The funniest part was that she couldn't knock him down even when he wasn't doing anything to stop her. I saw at least four times when she should have been able to bring him down if she had executed the technique correctly. Great techniques can make up for a lot of difference in strength, but as she said, it is harder than it looks. The one I found the funniest was when she tried to flip him over her head with her legs. He was in the perfect position for her to do it, but she couldn't manage the movement. No shame for a woman with no experience. She did manage to execute a nice armbar at the end of the scene, although the editing probably made it seem better than it was. He was giving her so much help with it. So much fun to watch.

• Like 6

18 hours ago, joybran said:

The funniest part was that she couldn't knock him down even when he wasn't doing anything to stop her. I saw at least four times when she should have been able to bring him down if she had executed the technique correctly. Great techniques can make up for a lot of difference in strength, but as she said, it is harder than it looks. The one I found the funniest was when she tried to flip him over her head with her legs. He was in the perfect position for her to do it, but she couldn't manage the movement. No shame for a woman with no experience. She did manage to execute a nice armbar at the end of the scene, although the editing probably made it seem better than it was. He was giving her so much help with it. So much fun to watch.

yes it's so funny to see them. even me noticed that he tried so hard to help her... still i'm impressed by her.

@violina thank you so much for the Blueray/DVD info. i hope we all participate... let's this baby see the ligth! Soompi Powers in full force!!!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, antoniaclamens said:

yes it's so funny to see them. even me noticed that he tried so hard to help her... still i'm impressed by her.

@violina thank you so much for the Blueray/DVD info. i hope we all participate... let's this baby see the ligth! Soompi Powers in full force!!!

Hi antoniaclamens,  I like how he is training her to look after and protect herself. So NICE that Lee Jun Ki is well-versed in jijitsu in real life. We can see that he looks confident and relaxed in this scene.   The BTS of the scene is so cute. I can say that they really have good chemistry on/off-cam.    :lol:

• Like 1

On 6/5/2018 at 10:20 PM, antoniaclamens said:

i know @pixelsticksis busy, so i'm patiently waiting for my updated BSP wish list

Yes...yes...yes...

Bad Bad BUSY Pixel!  June is a TOUGH month for wedding photographers.  WHY oh WHY did Lawless Lawyer have to be broadcast during MY busiest time!  <<<and why did SHINee have to have their comeback as well- and I feel driven to support them???>>> 

If you all want some fun summer tunes to walk/workout/dance/work to - links in spoiler

I'm desperately trying to catch up in between jobs. I cannot believe there are ONLY 4 LawLaw Episodes left.  I have SO MUCH to READ.  I haven't even peeked in here...which is SO NOT like me. 

I finally finished Episode 12 yesterday.

I have been informed and saw for myself that the ELUSIVE TORSO™ has been much less Elusive in JG IG World....

Someone is in a good, sexy mood I'd say! :wink:

• Like 3

21 hours ago, antoniaclamens said:

I'm impressed by her, too. It was game of her to try, and she did well enough to make the scene work great.

I think SYJ is the best leading lady LJG has ever had. She is a terrific actress, they look great together, and they have super chemistry.

• Like 6

Oh, it's quiet here...

On 6/19/2018 at 7:37 AM, antoniaclamens said:

I loved this update so much... not only for the bare foot, but he looks so inocent and beautiful and natural...

I LOVED this update too! :wub: He does look so lovely and innocent in this picture. I know he's been attacking us mercilessly and I'm thankful to be slayed like that, but this picture is love - this is just him being his adorable self. I love, love, love this one! :wub::wub::wub:

i'm blinded by his beauty. i don't know if it's just me but BSP is getting more beautiful and hot every episode

Nope, it not just you. He is getting more beautiful and hot and younger by the episode and I have no idea how that is possible...

On 6/18/2018 at 3:32 AM, violina said:

Geum Ja knows whats up:D.She is such a fangirl:D.

i always can relate to her... she would be me if i ever get the chance to be near him

SAME!!!! But if I think about it, most probably I'll be speechless and will be blinking repeatedly, I guess....

@joybran and @willenette thank you so much for the interesting discussion on JJ. I'm loving it! :wub:

On 6/19/2018 at 8:04 AM, antoniaclamens said:

BSP Episode 6 Beauty Parade:

Did I say that I loved you recently? No? Well, I do love you! Thank you for these blindingly beautiful parades! love you crazy rabbit

Yes i was in heaven...

Even his feet are pretty! He should take more pics showing his bare feet, just saying... teehee crazy rabbit

He really rocked the burgundy suit

He makes them suits look GOOD!

On 6/20/2018 at 4:12 AM, antoniaclamens said:

Yes, thank you @violina! Let's make this thing happen! Let's activate the Soompi Powers!! crazy monkey 131

11 hours ago, violina said:

She is so relatable:D.imagine this situation at a fan meeting.

She is so relatable indeed. Geum Ja is the perfect representation of JG's Angels! embarrassed1 onion head

21 hours ago, pixelsticks said:

Yes...yes...yes...

Bad Bad BUSY Pixel!

Oooooh.... look who the Joon Tigger dragged in! :D But I'm so glad to have you back in JG land! And hope that you'd be able to join us soon. crazy monkey 077

21 hours ago, pixelsticks said:

I have been informed and saw for myself that the ELUSIVE TORSO™ has been much less Elusive in JG IG World....

Someone is in a good, sexy mood I'd say! 

The Elusive Torso is much less elusive these days - not only in IG but in the BTS as well... 

The latest BTS:

And so many updates from yesterday:

Catering support from HAJUNSE

Spoiler

And catering support from the sweetest and most thoughtful person ever!love you crazy rabbit

Spoiler

How can anyone not fall for him? :wub:

More pretty pics from https://twitter.com/CJnDrama and https://www.facebook.com/OfficialLeeJoongi/

Spoiler

Image may contain: 5 people, people smiling, people standing and outdoor

Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling

201806201420110623303_20180620142104_01_

His Gaze!!!!

DgHvz0pUcAABzrq.jpg

Spoiler

DgHvzzrVQAA2ZWa.jpg

How is it possible for this man to be this adorable???? admire2 onion head

DgHvzzwU8AAMnpx.jpg

Edited by bluelilac1214
  • Like 4

Time for Mr Bong Beauty Parade :wub:

Lovely in B&W crazy monkey 003

7984-12.jpg?type=w1200

When will he do a car CF? Just look at him!!! 

Spoiler

7036-12.jpg?type=w1200

7055-12.jpg?type=w1200

It's illegal how good he looks - I mean, come on - how can he look this good while just standing????:blink:

Spoiler

7994-12.jpg?type=w1200

7866-12.jpg?type=w1200

The Sexy Back! :wub:

8154-122.jpg?type=w1200

So beautiful!!! love onion head

8110-12.jpg?type=w1200

Spoiler

8144-12.jpg?type=w1200

And my smile of the day:

7907-12.jpg?type=w1200

love you crazy rabbit

Source: https://post.naver.com/viewer/postView.nhn?volumeNo=16100899&memberNo=1609562

• Like 5

On 6/20/2018 at 2:26 PM, pixelsticks said:

Yes...yes...yes...

Bad Bad BUSY Pixel!  June is a TOUGH month for wedding photographers.  WHY oh WHY did Lawless Lawyer have to be broadcast during MY busiest time!  <<<and why did SHINee have to have their comeback as well- and I feel driven to support them???>>> 

I think i'm dreaming! is it really you pixel??? the real pixel??? pinch me!

and yes bad bad pixel for leaving us alone... i need my updated list... no presures, but i need it

On 6/20/2018 at 12:29 AM, willenette said:

Hi antoniaclamens,  I like how he is training her to look after and protect herself. So NICE that Lee Jun Ki is well-versed in jijitsu in real life. We can see that he looks confident and relaxed in this scene.   The BTS of the scene is so cute. I can say that they really have good chemistry on/off-cam.    :lol:

Yes the BTS is so cute... i wish it was longer

On 6/20/2018 at 3:50 PM, joybran said:

I'm impressed by her, too. It was game of her to try, and she did well enough to make the scene work great.

I think SYJ is the best leading lady LJG has ever had. She is a terrific actress, they look great together, and they have super chemistry.

You make me think... i like NSM a lot, specially in TBDW (maybe director is good at female leadings) and i like a lot leading girl in Two Weeks... everyone who reads my posts MLSHR related know that i had a love/hate relationship with HS, but i really like IU a lot. But SYJ is so good in LL but as the drama hasn't ended i will wait for my verdict about her... so far i don't know wich one is my favorite leading lady

21 hours ago, violina said:

She is so relatable:D.imagine this situation at a fan meeting.

GJ is love and so so relatable...

9 hours ago, bluelilac1214 said:

Did I say that I loved you recently? No? Well, I do love you! Thank you for these blindingly beautiful parades! love you crazy rabbit

I will post my episode 7 one asap!!!!

Even his feet are pretty! He should take more pics showing his bare feet, just saying... teehee crazy rabbit

i hope he listens to you... it would make a happy fan of me

many updates from yesterday:

Thank you so much for so many updates! it's raining JG and i don't want it to end

This namoo beauty parade is too much for my weak heart... it's like an updraded version of BSP (is it even possible) he's not human i'm sure... i can't decide on a favorite, so i picked one randomly

7866-12.jpg?type=w1200

Latest images

9GEPTHS6EXMAPSAUI2OS.jpg

Spoiler

YXF11TMUH4IZCWKP3DOJ.jpgYY6XWC4O8E3KYHBACPDI.jpg

2IKCSHQQCCMDIICYPL1O.jpg

V8QHAB3XQNKZM4PTXIDI.jpg

Spoiler

OMFZ3HOKO96H3BF8CPWE.jpg

AYH51YJ9KZZPVE74RN2O_1024x0.jpg

1YEZZ2QJXXYQ9PSA2XH6.jpg

4QGY4FKU6DF5T9XUY4M4.jpg

• Like 4

Bong Sang Pil Episode 7 Beauty Parade

Spoiler

I8uSdhj.png

0dFGnqe.png

Green Suit!

hD41eaB.png

Spoiler

FyZMmCH.pngPhnSW7n.pngJdTMu0J.png3QqITam.pngkrE0QJu.pngrvsJFvV.pngVic2s1H.png

rvsJFvV.png

Black shirt!

5fQAm3U.png

Spoiler

Hello sexy

GfkXfn3.pngZgxsRIK.pngztPlt5G.pngaOIloVW.pngja7VgVp.png

CTlIPes.png

sigh... the elusive...

My smile for today

N354t4F.png

Spoiler

4YNHw1Q.pngttrSdtU.pngEWjwCKc.pngkWG3uJ4.pngyYmHKnx.pnglDIHyT4.pngmTm9Qnp.png

The most beautiful sight

Spoiler

Tr51Fwv.pngElIw6id.png

wCC2O4Q.png8UaDKaQ.png

FajqAJV.pngoiP6FB5.pngwZUU2L0.png

0Ke4Kzc.pngUB6oU2f.pngWtnVrRt.pngYHwYfj8.png

So Badass

4W2gAzv.png

Spoiler

sDM5alw.pngBsvhdHM.png

My poor baby

Spoiler

eU0Mv9e.pngyAbqe6I.pngZytp2sZ.pngYIMz2Qj.pnghRpLQmu.pngksb4pMy.png1aqNNfs.png

My BSP Episode 7 Highlights here:

Edited by antoniaclamens
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, antoniaclamens said:

Yes the BTS is so cute... i wish it was longer

Latest images

Reveal hidden contents

YXF11TMUH4IZCWKP3DOJ.jpgYY6XWC4O8E3KYHBACPDI.jpg

2IKCSHQQCCMDIICYPL1O.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

OMFZ3HOKO96H3BF8CPWE.jpg

AYH51YJ9KZZPVE74RN2O_1024x0.jpg

1YEZZ2QJXXYQ9PSA2XH6.jpg

Hi antoniaclamens, usually BTS clip is short. The shorter the better—usually from one to four minutes in length is ideal. I love watching BTS. It's always valuable and usually entertaining! :P

• Like 2

On 6/20/2018 at 3:50 PM, joybran said:

I totally agree with you. Their characters are really in sync and I find that his leading ladies are best when they are feisty and his equal like in Arang and the Magistrate and now LL.  There was good chemistry with IU in MLSHR at the beginning but her character became wishy washy towards the end (writer's fault?).

On another note, I have to mention that I love his hairstyle in LL. His best yet, although I do like his long hair style in K&C and MLSHR. *sigh* I miss him in sageuks and I hope he would do a Goryeo drama again. I will even accept a Joseon one :tears:

• Like 6