Lee Joon Gi 이준기 | [Drama 2023] "Arthdal Chronicles: The Sword of Aramoon"

Admin

15 minutes ago, msgolightly9608 said:

So based on LJG's schedule for next week and the schedule for the SBS year end awards...would they not nominate him because he wouldn't be able to attend?

That would be the most stupid reason in history if that is the case.

even during a photo shoot no one compares to his acting. He is such a good actor I am still in awe.

• Like 19

11 minutes ago, msgolightly9608 said:

So based on LJG's schedule for next week and the schedule for the SBS year end awards...would they not nominate him because he wouldn't be able to attend?

Have they released the date ? Year-end awards are usually on 30 or 31 dec, based on his current schedule he can attend - if he is invited of course. I don't know if SBS is going to cast aside the entire cast of ML or not. It won't prevent them from nominating him, but it will sure decrease his chance of winning if he doesn't attend. (or the other way around - if he doesn't win he won't be there. I don't know if they know in advance but it's often like that, for a lot of actors, especially top celebrities).

• Like 9

4 hours ago, jgismyking said:

I live in the Philippines and I think Moon Lovers will be shown here next year. He's not yet in the Lee Min Ho or Kim Soo Hyun or Song Joong Ki level here but I hope he will be popular in the Southeast Asia next year, too. I love Gong Hyo Jin but I don't know if they will good together. Sorry but Lee Joon Ki looks young for his age. In my opinion, he even looks younger than Lee Min Ho, but that's just me. I think it will work with Park Shin Hye as long as the script is great and unique. I also loved his pairing with IU!!:) 

Idk about Philipines but Singapore and Malaysia had been hit by Hallyu wave triggered by Winter Sonata, so the fanbase for K-dramas are very strong here. 

Lee Joon Gi was very popular during his prime and with My Girl, he totally overshadowed Lee Dong Wook. I remember back then that everyone was talking about LJG and though I never bothered about anything "IT", I still knew that LJG was extremely popular, though I would say arguably Lee Min Ho is the most popular K-actor ever, everybody basically know LMH, Song Joong Ki only popular after DOTS.

Plus compared with SJK and LMH, he is more risky as an actor, undertaken roles which more to challenge his own ability instead of the mass audience pleasing role, the normal prince charming romantic hero. He took on the role of a masked vigilante, a struggling father, anti-hero which we all know, not the normal one to get the audiences, mostly females swooning over his hotness or interested to watch to begin with. 

I guess LJG is very much aware that he is not that young anymore and it's not easy to maintain the same level of popularity. LMH is up for enlistment after LOTBS and we will see if he will be able to maintain the same level of fame after MS. The fact that LJG is still popular even after 10 years since he first shot to superstardom is truly impressive. and playing romantic Wang So was a jolt he needed to remind so many that he is a great actor that so many have missed out because too many obsessing over the candies.

My only wish for him is to make good use of this new career high to secure himself really good solid project (hoping a drama that will break 20%+ rating). I hope he will struck gold, maybe diamond next year. After all, after the rain, there is a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow for Joon Gi.

• Like 21

1 hour ago, leesopark16 said:

Have they released the date ? Year-end awards are usually on 30 or 31 dec, based on his current schedule he can attend - if he is invited of course. I don't know if SBS is going to cast aside the entire cast of ML or not. It won't prevent them from nominating him, but it will sure decrease his chance of winning if he doesn't attend. (or the other way around - if he doesn't win he won't be there. I don't know if they know in advance but it's often like that, for a lot of actors, especially top celebrities).

According to the website, SBS 2016 Drama Awards are on Saturday, December 31st at the Prism Tower.  http://saf.sbs.co.kr/2016/intro/actIntro.jsp?lang=en

After I vote daily at SBS, I tend to click the Scarlet Heart links just to give them click totals.  

There are some PollDaddy Polls on this HanCinema website, one of which is the SBS Best Couple. ..and on that poll...LGJ & IU are winning. :w00t:  http://www.hancinema.net/sbs-drama-awards-2016-nominees-list-101442.html

LOL but it's only 600+ votes.  

• Like 15

7 hours ago, Ainee Etp said:

It was bad luck. He will have been their level (and senior) if not for the dispute with his agency and the military service (which plucked him out from Faith drama and Grand Prix movie productions). I remember how everyone was talking about a "flower boy" more beautiful than a woman in my uni dorm. He's the first generation flower boy. Since he got out from the military, he seemed to be out of luck with drama ratings and female leads. 2 Weeks is very good, but didn't get the recognition it should have. 

Yeah, I think that before his military service there was hardly anyone who could compare to JG in terms of popularity. During those two years a lot of new faces appeared, young actors like KSH, SJG, LMH, YAI, rose to popularity. And lately 'models and idols turned actors' seem to be the new trend, so of course it must be difficult for him to return to the place he was before enlistment. 

But to be honest, I'm actually glad he wasn't casted in Faith as it turned out to be the biggest television flop of 2012. And the whole mess afterwards, with the cast suing the director and him committing suicide and all. Also it was around that time he was conned by his friends and went through really hard time, so maybe it was the best for him to take a break from the public life. I'm sure life in the army was not easy either, but he had to complete his MS sooner or later anyway.

He said that after military, his main goal is to secure his place as an actor and I think he's doing fine. As you said he had a bad luck with selecting dramas in latest years and his co-actresses were disliked by the public for some reason, but despite MLSHR's low rantings it seems that his popularity skyrocketed this year. So I think the future looks bright for him, with all the commercials and other proposals flying his way right now.

Actually I think he is more charming now than he was before MS, compared to other actors he has this unique quality to him, he truly is unforgettable once you see him on screen.:blush:

• Like 18

10 hours ago, leesopark16 said:

I think Moon Lovers is currently broadcast in Japan ? Or am I wrong ?

I really like Park Shin Hye as a person, she is so beautiful outside and inside, but on the acting department I'm not too excited about her. She's a good actress but I don't know in what kind of story both of them could work. 

I'd like an actress closer to his age for his next project, or even older. Like we mentioned not a long time ago, Ha Ji Won <3, or Seo Hyun Jin, Gong Hyo Jin, Hwang Jung Eum, Jung Yumi (personal faves), Han Ji Min (not that excited about her acting as well but they'd look good together). Any of them I'd be very happy. No more 90's young ladies for now please ^^ (as much as I loved - unexpectedly - his pairing with IU. But I think those big age gap pairing works better in sageuk than they would in modern time)

I think Ha Ji Won would look great with him too. Since visuals are so important in Korea, then an actress who can match up to him would be great. Ha Ji Won is a good actress and can possibly even do action! Maaaan that would be so cool. I mean, yeah, she's not prettier than Joon Gi but... You know what I'm saying... :D

9 hours ago, jgismyking said:

I live in the Philippines and I think Moon Lovers will be shown here next year. He's not yet in the Lee Min Ho or Kim Soo Hyun or Song Joong Ki level here but I hope he will be popular in the Southeast Asia next year, too. I love Gong Hyo Jin but I don't know if they will good together. Sorry but Lee Joon Ki looks young for his age. In my opinion, he even looks younger than Lee Min Ho, but that's just me. I think it will work with Park Shin Hye as long as the script is great and unique. I also loved his pairing with IU!!:) 

Arang was shown here in the Philippines too, right? Well, I still wouldn't know if it made him popular or not since I wasn't into Kdramas that time. 

I firmly believe that his popularity will soar higher this time around. He was already in his prime during Iljimae and King and the Clown but because of the military service, it stopped. HOWEVER, there are so many top actors right now who are also going to enter military service: Lee Min Ho, Ji Chang Wook, Yoo Ah In, Park Bo Gum (maybe not anytime soon), Kim Soo Hyun, Lee Jong Suk, etc. 

With their departure, it's almost a sure thing that his career will get better. He has the face and talent for it. Not to mention many, many loyal fans.

• Like 16

15 hours ago, booho said:

Guys, if u want to order LJG calendar u can try this

easybuy7@hotmail.co.kr

They have website too

**Quotation**

Item price : 42,000

paypal fee : 1,680

Total : 43,680KRW=>39USD

they accept paypal

** I have buy many item in korea through them

Hi! What's the website?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, lyserose said:

Plus compared with SJK and LMH, he is more risky as an actor, undertaken roles which more to challenge his own ability instead of the mass audience pleasing role, the normal prince charming romantic hero. He took on the role of a masked vigilante, a struggling father, anti-hero which we all know, not the normal one to get the audiences, mostly females swooning over his hotness or interested to watch to begin with. 

We still swoon over him because his role choices are swoon-making. I mean - I still love the idea of him playing a dad (like in TW). He has that something special that makes him so wonderful with children. :wub:

5 hours ago, lyserose said:

I guess LJG is very much aware that he is not that young anymore and it's not easy to maintain the same level of popularity.

But he should remember there are people like Ji Sung who is a bit older than him and still he had hit-drama Kill me heal me. Joon Gi is a young man. :) 

• Like 15

59 minutes ago, cedarwood said:

We still swoon over him because his role choices are swoon-making. I mean - I still love the idea of him playing a dad (like in TW). He has that something special that makes him so wonderful with children. :wub:

But he should remember there are people like Ji Sung who is a bit older than him and still he had hit-drama Kill me heal me. Joon Gi is a young man. :) 

Exactly, and So Ji Sub, Jo In Sung, Lee Dong Wook, Joo Jin Mo, Joo Jin Mo, Kwon Sang Woo, Ji Jin Hee, they are all older than him and doing just fine. Joon Gi is an already widely recognized actor, I think he always has his pick of roles, it's just a matter of guessing what viewers would like to watch.

• Like 12

5 hours ago, gallevi said:

Yeah, I think that before his military service there was hardly anyone who could compare to JG in terms of popularity. During those two years a lot of new faces appeared, young actors like KSH, SJG, LMH, YAI, rose to popularity. And lately 'models and idols turned actors' seem to be the new trend, so of course it must be difficult for him to return to the place he was before enlistment. 

But to be honest, I'm actually glad he wasn't casted in Faith as it turned out to be the biggest television flop of 2012. And the whole mess afterwards, with the cast suing the director and him committing suicide and all. Also it was around that time he was conned by his friends and went through really hard time, so maybe it was the best for him to take a break from the public life. I'm sure life in the army was not easy either, but he had to complete his MS sooner or later anyway.

He said that after military, his main goal is to secure his place as an actor and I think he's doing fine. As you said he had a bad luck with selecting dramas in latest years and his co-actresses were disliked by the public for some reason, but despite MLSHR's low rantings it seems that his popularity skyrocketed this year. So I think the future looks bright for him, with all the commercials and other proposals flying his way right now.

Actually I think he is more charming now than he was before MS, compared to other actors he has this unique quality to him, he truly is unforgettable once you see him on screen.:blush:

Hi chingus, sorry for not posting often. Busy with RL stuff. Anyways, I do agree with the above. His choice of roles has always been slightly off-mainstream which I believed is his way of establishing himself as an actor. He is rather conscious about playing cliché roles. His dramas post-MS may not have high ratings but they are still quite well received and critically acclaimed. He also received awards for each drama every year which is a testimony of his performance.

As for his staying power, no matter how obsessed I am with a drama, hence the male lead and subsequently marathoned his dramas, check out his forum, news and interviews on youtube all the time, it was never to the level of LJG's. I mean, JG has me posting on forum (which I never did for other actors), buying his products, customizing his products when it's not available on the market etc. I knew about him during his K&C days and since then, he has been unforgettable. He just has this unique aura which has you hooked on the moment you see him on screen. And the more you know about him, the more you admire him not just as an actor but also as a person.

As for popularity, he was Iike the biggest name before MS and if we were to do a comparison, his popularity then was greater than KSH, LMH, SJK now. I mean, at the height of his fame, he secured deals like Pepsi which only the most popular stars of their region (think Jolin Tsai, Jay Chou, Louis Koo, F4 etc) will get. He got invited to events and dialogue sessions with the President too. They may be the most popular ones now but i dun really think their current popularity can match JG during his heydays. JG is still able to maintain his top star status for 10 years and counting. Only time can tell whether the current crop can do the same after their MS.

PS: Sorry for my long post. 

• Like 21

30 minutes ago, MAROSA_JIN said:

FntImyd.gif

Oh my God! This again!

Guys, I think I'm weird or something. Seriously what's wrong with me? Any picture or video of him is nice but THOSE cuts with him and the baby do weird things to my heart. Can't hold all these feels giphy.gif

• Like 18

11 minutes ago, gallevi said:

Oh my God! This again!

Guys, I think I'm weird or something. Seriously what's wrong with me? Any picture or video of him is nice but THOSE cuts with him and the baby do weird things to my heart. Can't hold all these feels giphy.gif

Ikr. Who wouldn't want him as a father of their baby. 

• Like 12

@kathylim82 If we're ever going to see him with his real kids I think I'm going to cry for real. He does seem to be a natural when it comes to children.

Actually it's kind of funny, he even once said that he wouldn't know what to do with a baby. There was this episode in JG World where one of the dancers asked him if he wanted to hold his son and JG refused because he was afraid that he would drop him or something. :joy:

• Like 16

3 hours ago, gallevi said:

@kathylim82 If we're ever going to see him with his real kids I think I'm going to cry for real. He does seem to be a natural when it comes to children.

Actually it's kind of funny, he even once said that he wouldn't know what to do with a baby. There was this episode in JG World where one of the dancers asked him if he wanted to hold his son and JG refused because he was afraid that he would drop him or something. :joy:

I've got the same chill when looking at the gif ♡ hehe. I don't mind him with his real kids, I'll just completely ignore the existence of his wife, and pretend he's mine. LoL k5403.gif

• Like 11

22 hours ago, junejungki said:

I love his look in this video. He should keep this look for any award ceremony or any official event. He looks so dashing, handsome and masculine. I keep listening the last part when he laugh a little. That voice. OMG!! 

Yes! He got me replay too! His chuckle sound like a baby boo awww what a cutie! And his smile so contagious :wub: How can a 34 years old look like that?! Now all we need is for him to attend the grand ceremony so we all can spazz :w00t:! Hoping there's a table for him and the casts, omg please~

Can't seem to stop. giving. compliments. I'm sorry he's so perfect! 

• Like 15