The Most Beautiful K-drama Wedding Dresses

partyon

23 members have voted

1. 1. Which are your favorite kdrama wedding dresses? (choose as many as you like)

• Strong Woman Do Bong Soon (2017)
    • What's Wrong With Secretary Kim (2018)
    • Start-Up (2020)
    • Hi Bye, Mama! (2020)
    • Love Rain (2012)
    • Flower of Evil (2020)
    • Sisyphus (2021)
    • Penthouse - dress 1 (2020)
    • Penthouse 2 - dress 2 (2021)
    • Legend of the Blue Sea (2016)
    • My Love From the Star (2013)
    • When I Was the Most Beautiful (2020)
    • My Demon (2023)
    • Marry My Husband (2024)
    • Queen of Tears (2024)
    • Pinocchio (2014)
    • Because This is My First Life (2017)
    • She Was Pretty (2015)
    • The Story of Park's Marriage Contract (2023)
    • None of the above / Something else
  2. 2. Which are your favorite kdrama wedding dresses? (choose as many as you like)

• King the Land (2023)
    • While You Were Sleeping (2017)
    • Penthouse 2 - dress 3 (2021)
    • Angel's Last Mission: Love (2019)
    • The World of the Married (2020)
    • The Atypical Family (2024)
    • Goblin (2016)
    • It's Okay, That's Love (2014)
    • Lovely Runner (2024)
    • The One and Only (2021)
    • Tomorrow With You (2017)
    • Tale of the Nine Tailed (2020)
    • Secret Boutique (2019)
    • Do Do Sol Sol La La Sol (2020)
    • Scent of a Woman (2011)
    • The Greatest Love (2011)
    • Crazy Love (2022)
    • Youth of May (2021)
    • Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha (2021)
  3. 3. Which are your favorite kdrama wedding dresses? (choose as many as you like)

• Fated to Love You - dress 1 (2014)
    • Fated to Love You - dress 2 (2014)
    • The Law Cafe (2022)
    • King2Hearts (2012)
    • She Would Never Know (2021)
    • 18 Again (2020)
    • Marriage, Not Dating (2014)
    • Perfect Marriage Revenge (2023)
    • Doctor Slump (2024)
    • Hide and Seek (2018)
    • Extraordinary Attorney Woo (2022)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/21/2024 at 06:00 AM

11 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

She's pretty, and her dresses are lovely. I also kinda think her groomย  has a prettier face than hers. ๐Ÿ˜…

ย 

Schitts Creek Pain GIF by CBC

ย 

I gotta give credit to her, though. She's come back from her maternity leave and is starring in several kdramas. She's matured and I am liking her even more now. ๐Ÿ˜˜

ย 

Also, despite being married and having a child, she is doing kissing scenes in her dramas. Which should be the case if being an actor is your job.

ย 

7 minutes ago, kokodus said:

@partyonย will you add cdrama weddings?

ย 

The title of this page is:ย 

ย 

So that would be a no. :D

• LOL 4
  • Blob 2

@kokodusย ~ saw this on reddit; had no idea these two went for wedding but they look so good together. love the sari -- simple, elegant and yet grand with interesting shades of colour and dimension. the beauty of good quality silk fabric.ย 

ย 

Spoiler

CDN media

ย 

• Love 2
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2

5 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

simple, elegant and yet grand with interesting shades of colour and dimension.

ย 

Stop Motion No GIF by Mouse

ย 

I hate color blocking. :smashes:Also, lose the green emeralds. :grimace:

• LOL 3
  • Blob 2

4 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

@kokodusย ~ saw this on reddit; had no idea these two went for wedding but they look so good together. love the sari -- simple, elegant and yet grand with interesting shades of colour and dimension. the beauty of good quality silk fabric.ย 

ย 

ย  Reveal hidden contents

CDN media

ย 

Wow I'm seeing this for the first time. Jo looks fantastic!!! Classy as always.ย 

I only saw atlee and his wife's pic with something tacky written on the back. I dont even want to post that here. Lol.ย 

3 minutes ago, partyon said:

ย 

ย 

ย 

I hate color blocking. Also, lose the green emeralds. :grimace:

What is color blocking?!?! I don't know any fashion terms but I think she looks stunning. Lol.

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Blob 1

33 minutes ago, partyon said:

I hate color blocking

what is colour blocking?

ย 

the sari that jo wore is what we call double weave though it looks like there are more than two colours and shades present in the weave -- so pink, gold, a little bit of copper/yellow as well possible.ย 

ย 

@kokodusย ~ didn't know nayan also went. her sari is not that interesting though. on the simpler usual types though she looks gorgeous as usual. kudos to the photographer though on capturing all the weaves on the fabric so it doesn't look muted. think she had a better photographer than radhika merchant who was just drowned out in her photos. goes to show what difference background and lighting make in capturing a look and showcasing the fabric and detailing.ย 

ย 

Spoiler

r/BollywoodFashion - Nayantara and Vignesh Shivn for the Ambani Wedding (2024)

ย 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, Lmangla said:

think she had a better photographer than radhika merchant

Hahahaha. All this money and they couldn't get a decent photographer. Will have to go and check who took the photos. Lol.

Nayan looks amazing as always.

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

41 minutes ago, kokodus said:

Hahahaha. All this money and they couldn't get a decent photographer. Will have to go and check who took the photos. Lol.

Nayan looks amazing as always.

kekeke... they also had so much money to get a good choreographer but everyone looked so hilariously uncoordinated in the videos that were floating around LOL.

ย 

but yes, given it is a dull colour, you would think that her photographer would have found better ways to highlight the details on her pricey outfit. thats why I am not a fan of pastel shades for weddings. the photos hardly pop unless the photographer is really good.

ย 

for the most part, I was not really impressed by the range of clothes pics from the wedding. the celebs seemed to be trying really hard, the designers were all on deck but hardly anything that makes me go "thats interesting"ย 

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Blob 1

@Lmanglaย @kokodusย colour blocking is the use of two or more complementary colours for an outfit. Think colourwheel as guide, which colours are "opposite". Colour blocking will be the use of red and green for example, or blue and orange, or yellow and purple.

ย 

color-wheel-for-color-blocking-1024x726.

ctto

• Like 2
  • Insightful 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Blob 2

8 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

@Lmanglaย @kokodusย colour blocking is the use of two or more complementary colours for an outfit. Think colourwheel as guide, which colours are "opposite". Colour blocking will be the use of red and green for example, or blue and orange, or yellow and purple.

ah I see; in our traditional outfits, this is extremely common to have a mixture of colours. red and green combo is actually a common to see in bridal sari.ย ย 

ย 

the sari that I had posted earlier is a type of weaving technique where they mix in different colour threads at various points to create a fabric where the colours change in gradual gradients. so we call it double weave. when it is a machine weave, it can look kind of tacky. however, when it is handloom (artisan made), it can be incredibly vibrant and reflect the artisan skills. it really came into vogue a few years back and is not a traditional design. people still prefer stuff with embroidery and other detailing. for some, this is too plain! hahahahha... can be hard to pull off but on some, it looks super gorgeous.ย 

• Insightful 3
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2

1 hour ago, Lmangla said:

however, when it is handloom (artisan made), it can be incredibly vibrant and reflect the artisan skills. it really came into vogue a few years back and is not a traditional design. people still prefer stuff with embroidery and other detailing. for some, this is too plain! hahahahha... can be hard to pull off but on some, it looks super gorgeous.ย 

ย 

Ooo, handwoven materials and embroideries would make the completed outfit more special but also pricier! ๐Ÿ˜…

ย 

Well, it kinda depends on the wearer if they can pull it off, or how others see it though whoย  more often than not have their own preferences. The right accessories would also make the overall look better. Jo, for instance, rubies might be more suitable to what she's wearing, while Nayan can be more eye-catching with emeralds.

• Like 1
  • Blob 4

K-dramas wedding dress/gowns that I watched andย  liked because of the wedding atmosphere๐Ÿค—

ย 

Strong Woman Do Bong Soontumblr_oogtvipTA11rvpnp8o1_540.gifv

ย 

ย 

I included My Demon because of my bias Kdrama actress KYJ๐ŸŒธ

ย 

Queen of Tears

ย 

ย 

The Story of Park's Marriage Contractย image

ย 

Hometown Cha-Cha-Chadb25fca15e58b1ddfb64d3c09e17fa96233e6f91

cr. to the owners of the gifs

ย 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2

29 minutes ago, WeunXK said:

K-dramas wedding dress/gown that I watched andย  liked because of the wedding atmosphere๐Ÿค—

ย 

Nice selection of weddings and dresses. Don't forget to vote for them in the poll :kiss_wink:

ย 

For best atmosphere in a wedding, for me it's Marriage, Not Dating. It's a drama that came out in 2014 and had a very different type of plot than other dramas airing at that time. When the happy couple finally said "I do" for real in the end, they got married in summer rain. It's just a nice and different vibe overall!

ย 

marriagenotdating.jpg

ย 

B120143026_photogroup_1667984544040.jpg?

ย 

4OmAKltjPOy-TscP8anBnZZFIbhDU36wEScudsCx

ย 

20140823011629_498914_520_390.jpg

ย 

Did anyone else watch this drama?

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2

2 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

ย 

Ooo, handwoven materials and embroideries would make the completed outfit more special but also pricier! ๐Ÿ˜…

ย 

Well, it kinda depends on the wearer if they can pull it off, or how others see it though whoย  more often than not have their own preferences. The right accessories would also make the overall look better. Jo, for instance, rubies might be more suitable to what she's wearing, while Nayan can be more eye-catching with emeralds.

yes, you can get cheaper outfits with machine embroidery. don't ask me how but people can spot at a glance the quality of the fabric, how it is made (machine weave or handloom), embroidery and detailing and quickly guess the value of the outfit. since our traditional outfits are not so much about form, the focus is laser sharp on fabric and detailing.ย 

ย 

thats why I think it is harder to wear a plain wedding dress especially when it is white. if you are not going to have additional embellishments, then it needs to be really high quality fabric that can stand on its own and you need superior tailoring that is custom made to your body. been to weddings where the aunties reactions were a total "meh"ย 

in some ways, the groom is lucky. no one ever pays attention to what the guy wears.ย :lol:

... even in this poll, I didn't notice any of the guys. hahahhaha....ย 

ย 

ย 

• LOL 4
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 2

I won`t vote in this poll because my vote is irrelevant as I like all the wedding dresses. I like other dresses that were not included in this poll. ๐Ÿ˜

• Shocked 2
  • LOL 5
  • Blob 2

3 hours ago, partyon said:

You know I did!!! One of my favs.ย 

ย 

OST still ringing in my ears. Hahaha.ย 

ย 

ย 

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

4 hours ago, partyon said:

Yes, one of the best dramas...

ย 

It's hard for me to vote as well because I like too many of them. But one wedding dress that immediately came to mind is that one drama that kept us barfing... Love Marriage Divorce. The very last episode. But we don't get to see the whole dress, only the top. I just remember the top part was really pretty. ย 

ย 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

*** Itโ€™s always so NICE that every love story ends best with the woman wearing a white gown and her man waits at the end of the aisle. It is said that a woman looks her best when sheโ€™s wearing a wedding dress, that you shine brighter wearing a wedding dress. I guess itโ€™s true. This is the reason why I love watching K-dramas - There are so many things you can learn from them. To add to the list, you can also source for wedding gowns to wear on your special day.

โ€œWhatโ€™s Wrong with Secretary Kimโ€ was my favorite K-drama wedding. It has a good wedding content. The proposal and wedding scenes were great and thereโ€™s about the details of wedding planning too.

These are the most stunning wedding dresses on my list because of the lace designs :ย ย  :blush:

ย 

Spoiler

Strong Woman Do Bong Soon โ€“ Itโ€™s NICE that Park Bo Young prefers a midi dress since sheโ€™s petite and the length doesnโ€™t covered her completely.

What's Wrong With Secretary Kim โ€“ Park Min Young looked absolutely perfect in this lace-embroidered, off-the-shoulder wedding dress. For me an off-shoulder detail and a neckline are flattering on just any brideโ€™s wedding gown.

Hi Bye, Mama! โ€“ I love Kim Tae Heeโ€™s effortless take on lace wedding gown in the drama. It's also a safe length that you can wear, which can give a bride maximum comfort to freely move around during the reception. Itโ€™s simple yet sophisticated gown. In fact, I prefer wedding gowns with sleeves, those gowns without going overboard.ย She looks so dainty in this gown.

Flower of Evil- Moon Chae Wonโ€™s wedding dress simplicity is NICE with V-neckline.

Legend of the Blue Sea - Jun Ji Hyunโ€™s wedding gown here is worthy of a spot in this list! She delivers elegant minimalismโ€”proving she doesnโ€™t need many details on this wedding gown for her to look amazing. I love the neckline and it fits so well for her. A good fit will make any bride look stunning. And her gown was free from beads and any other embellishments. Itโ€™s NICE because it keeps your eyes focused on the gown detail.

My Love From the Star โ€“ Itโ€™s another Jun Ji Hyunโ€™s wedding gown that I love, which goes for lace that flows into an A-line shape.

Queen of Tears โ€“ I love Kim Ji Wonโ€™s regal wedding gown โ€“ that off-shoulder neckline because of its simplicity with minimal accessories, where she only has dainty earrings, a wedding band and a scarf draped around her. She looks so elegant.

She Was Pretty โ€“Hwang Jung Eumโ€™s wedding gown who favors lace is also NICE.

The World of the Married โ€“ I love Han So-Heeโ€™s gown compared to Kim Hee-Ae. Here, she wears a dignified off-shoulder gown that showed off her figure.

Goblin โ€“ Kim Go Eunโ€™s lace gown is so simple but sophisticated for me. Adorable with that garland, too!

Doctor Slump - Park Shin-Hye graces two distinct wedding dresses in the drama. But, I prefer the first one, which is a demure short gown adorned with lace motifs. It accentuates her frame and slender legsโ€” ย :Twerkdatbutt:

ย 

• Blob 2

6 hours ago, larus said:

I won`t vote in this poll because my vote is irrelevant as I like all the wedding dresses. I like other dresses that were not included in this poll. ๐Ÿ˜

ย 

Like which dresses? Am happy to include them in the poll so that you can vote! Also, it's totally okay to vote for ALL dresses if you want to :wub:

ย 

6 hours ago, rocher22 said:

The Last Empress

ย 

Do you want me to include this dress in the poll? You know how much I love The Last Empress. I still can't forget what the writer did to oppa.ย  :smashes:

ย 

5 hours ago, kokodus said:

You know I did!!! One of my favs.ย 

ย 

4 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Yes, one of the best dramas...

ย 

Omo! Should we do a rewatch at some point? :loveu:

4 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

But one wedding dress that immediately came to mind is that one drama that kept us barfing... Love Marriage Divorce. The very last episode. But we don't get to see the whole dress, only the top. I just remember the top part was really pretty.

ย 

Do you want me to include it so that you can vote? :D I just need to know which wedding and season you're referring to...ย 

:sweats:

22370_52229_506.jpg

ย 

c21b34022080d2a362a4cc346374d5dd.jpg

ย 

q1zvTUAvQ41w637826887293100609.jpg

ย 

hqdefault.jpg

ย 

AAAABW-oWaVmg-AKjzeMheTicSZFaPKNkCNaji_U

ย 

There were so many :loolz:

Oh wait, there were more....

ย 

Spoiler

hq720.jpg?sqp=-oaymwEhCK4FEIIDSFryq4qpAx

ย 

kKBLb_3f.jpg

ย 

14619716_676208_5333.png

ย 

img.jpg

ย 

ย 

I still think I missed a few :crybaby:

ย 

ย 

• Like 1
  • Shocked 2
  • LOL 3

@partyonย I love this event. All the wedding dresses are so dreamy. Butโ€ฆ.why did you have to ruin it by reminding us of that traumatic experience- that drama that shall not be named.ย 
ย 

BTW, in our culture wedding dresses should never be โ€˜whiteโ€™ as it is not considered an auspicious colour. Red is our preferred colour. Pastel colours have become the latest trend after the Bollywood celebrities have been seen flaunting them at their own weddings.ย 
ย 

@kokodusย and @Lmanglaย I think we finally watched the final episode of the season - Griha Pravesh, has also been ticked off. This obscene and mindless display of wealth is seriously getting on our nerves. Mumbai Traffic Police has marked the wedding as a public event and had issued advisory restricting the movement of traffic! This Big Fat Indian Wedding had hardly made a dent in his endless wealth.ย 
ย 

ย 

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1