[Current Drama 2024] Scandal - 스캔들 - Mon to Fri @ 19:50 KST

3 hours ago, liyahsbutterfly said:

The English/global title for this drama is Snow White's Revenge. How do we feel about it?

Would had make more sense it was called Cinderella's Revenge. That is the story with the wiked step mother and evil step sister. I don't think the general audiance even knows that the Evil Queen is Snow White's wiked step-mother. Unless I'm mistaken.   

• Like 2

8 hours ago, kboramint said:

I don't think the general audiance even knows that the Evil Queen is Snow White's wiked step-mother. Unless I'm mistaken. 

I think that's pretty widely-known. I could consider this drama the makjang version of Once Upon A Time, but with more twists. Similar to Penthouse.

Han Bo Reum Faces Off With Stepmother Han Chae Young In Fiery Reunion On

Han Bo Reum Faces Off With Stepmother Han Chae Young In Fiery Reunion On "Scandal"

KBS 2TV’s upcoming drama “Scandal” has unveiled a sneak peek of Han Bo Reum and Han Chae Young’s dramatic reunion!

“Scandal,” which stars Han Chae Young and Han Bo Reum, will tell the story of two very different women: one wants to have the world, while the other is willing to put everything on the line for revenge.

Han Chae Young will play Moon Jung In, the ruthless and ambitious CEO of Jungin Entertainment, while Han Bo Reum will play her stepdaughter Baek Seol Ah, who lost her father and went through a traumatizing childhood because of Moon Jung In.

In newly released stills from “Scandal,” the two women unexpectedly reunite at the wrap party for the fictional drama “Poker Face,” which was written by Baek Seol Ah. When Moon Jung In winds up crossing paths with Baek Seol Ah as the head of the production company producing her drama, sparks fly between the duo, who once lived together as mother and daughter.

Unable to hide her anger, Baek Seol Ah glares furiously at Moon Jung In with eyes full of rage. Meanwhile, Moon Jung In seems startled by the contents of a letter she reads at the party.

Scandal_d76dd6.jpg

To find out what unfolds between the two women at this eventful wrap party, catch the premiere of “Scandal” on June 17 at 7:50 p.m. KST!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1668360wpp/han-bo-reum-faces-off-with-stepmother-han-chae-young-in-fiery-reunion-on-scandal

• Like 1

• ferily changed the title to [Current Drama 2024] Scandal - 스캔들 - Mon to Fri @ 19:50 KST - Cast: Han Chae Young, Han Bo Reum

The first episode sets up the prime suspects. It's now a mystery drama and we have to guess who killed the FL. I still think they showed us the mid-way point of the season in the first episode.  

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, kboramint said:

It's now a mystery drama and we have to guess who killed the FL. I still think they showed us the mid-way point of the season in the first episode.  

A murder mystery, yes. It was a great first episode. I'm sticking with it.

• Like 2

Started this today, my first KBS2 daily drama in the past one year since "Vengeance of the Bride" ended in March 2023. Since then, I have skipped "Woman in a Veil", "Elegant Empire", and the "The Two Sisters". 

The premise is interesting, with a murder/suicide of Moon Jeong In right at the end of the first episode and then flashback to the past from the preview of Episode 2. Interestingly, the official English title "Snow White's Revenge", (which is literally translated from Baek Seol Ah's revenge as Baek Seol in Korea is Snow White in Korean") which is on KBS's own website https://kbsworld.kbs.co.kr/program/view.php?pg_seq=2185 as well as Viu https://www.viu.com/ott/sg/en/vod/2373382/Snow-Whites-Revenge is different from "Scandal". 

Nothing much is shown in the first episode except for the frosty relationship between MJI & BSA; and MJI's likely affair with a younger actor Jung Woo Jin, despite being married and her daughter (Min Ju Ryeon) also like JWJ. MJI is also seen being involved in a dangerous relationship with a much older guy, while her own relationship with her husband is cold & likely over. There are other interesting characters who appeared in the first episode, such as Director Kim (who may have a romantic relationship with BSA) & the lady employee who was fired for embezzlement. I am interested in knowing how they are related to the main leads.

Look's like it is worth following for a while, at least to see how the background story folds out.

• Like 3

Han Chae Young, Han Bo Reum, Choi Woong, And More Attend A Drama Wrap Party In “Snow White's Revenge”

Han Chae Young, Han Bo Reum, Choi Woong, And More Attend A Drama Wrap Party In “Snow White's Revenge”

KBS2’s upcoming weekday drama “Snow White’s Revenge” has shared new stills ahead of its premiere!

“Snow White’s Revenge” will tell the story of a woman who wants to have the world and another woman who risks everything for revenge. Han Chae Young plays Moon Jung In, the CEO of Jungin Entertainment, who is driven by ambition. Choi Woong stars as aspiring actor Seo Jin Ho, and Han Bo Reum plays his lover Baek Seol Ah. Kim Kyu Sun plays Jung In’s daughter Min Joo Ryun.

The released stills depict Jung In, Baek Seol Ah, and Min Joo Ryun at the wrap party for Seol Ah’s drama “Poker Face.”  Moon Jung In is captured with a bright smile, while Baek Seol Ah and Min Joo Ryun are shown with cold facial expressions.

Jung In, Min Joo Ryun’s mother who was also Seol Ah’s stepmother in the past, garners everyone’s attention at the wrap party with her glamorous beauty. The expressions on Seol Ah’s and Joo Ryun’s faces as they stare at Jung In pique curiosity about their relationship.

scandal-1_c717c4.jpgscandal-2_42ec0c.jpg

Spoiler

scandal-4.jpg

Meanwhile, lead actor Jung Woo Jin (Choi Woong) enjoys the wrap party with a satisfied smile. However, this changes when he encounters Jung In, Seol Ah, and Joo Ryun, revealing his complicated feelings and heightening viewers’ curiosity about their past.

scandal-3.jpg

Another photo shows “Poker Face” director Na Hyun Woo (Jeon Seung Bin) holding Seol Ah’s hand. The affectionate atmosphere between them raises curiosity about their relationship. Additionally, the love triangle between Seol Ah, her ex-boyfriend and lead actor Woo Jin, and director Hyun Woo heightens expectations.

Spoiler

scandal-5.jpg

The production team of “Snow White’s Revenge” stated, “In today’s broadcast, viewers will be able to get a glimpse of the complex relationships between various characters at the ‘Poker Face’ wrap party. The actions of Jung In, who is the embodiment of desire, Seol Ah, who is determined to seek revenge, Woo Jin, who has strived for success, Hyun Woo, who worked hard to make the drama a success, and Joo Ryun, who wants to make Woo Jin her man, will provide viewers with an immersive experience. We ask for your interest and viewership.”

“Snow White’s Revenge” will premiere on June 17 at 7:50 p.m. KST and will be available on Viki.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1668497wpp/han-chae-young-han-bo-reum-choi-woong-and-more-attend-a-drama-wrap-party-in-snow-whites-revenge

• Like 2

recognized the waiter who handed FL the envelope -- he was #1hubby in third husband.

waiter had a curious tattoo -- looked like a spider web on his hand. curious what his role will be... 

Spoiler

The Third Marriage” Kdrama 2023 | Cast | Synopsis | Preview & more » Korean  All Day | Third marriage, Kdrama, Romance comedy

On 6/15/2024 at 11:47 AM, liyahsbutterfly said:

The English/global title for this drama is Snow White's Revenge. How do we feel about it?

like it! 

the opening title along with clip from song#1

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Lmangla said:

the opening title along with clip from song#1

I really like the opening. In fact, the whole drama itself doesn't really feel like a daily. The opening might be the best part, and the song is beautiful.

• Like 2

On 6/15/2024 at 5:19 PM, kboramint said:

Would had make more sense it was called Cinderella's Revenge. That is the story with the wiked step mother and evil step sister. I don't think the general audiance even knows that the Evil Queen is Snow White's wiked step-mother. Unless I'm mistaken.   

My book on fairy tales clearly had the stepmother as the evil queen. “Mirror mirror on the wall, who is the fairest of them all?”  This is one of my earliest memories.

The FL and her husband Min scammed  BSA’s father and married him. So she siphoned off his estate. But how is she still married to the co-scammer Min? If she is, that means her marriage to Dr Baek was null and void.

The daughter Min’s acting is rather iffy but will give her a chance. The SFL was trying to look mysterious but truth be told, she looked nothing like the writers who showed up at the end of the dramas. She looked more glamourous than the actress in Poker Face. :hahah!:

I hope she stuck to the director. WJ clearly dumped her.

It’s intriguing so far,  will stay.

• Like 1

Judging that there was only two episodes that involved the childhood story arc that sets up the SFL's father being killed, I really think FL is going to get murdered at the mid-way point of the drama. Look for the SFL be sent to prison and framed for murder     

• Like 1

I hope it’s the ML who did it. He could not take it anymore with all ( all) her sugar daddies and husband. Why would a glamourous female with an eye on the main chance stay around the husband for decades? She likes his scamming and they have a daughter, mayhap.

• Like 1

It looks like SFL reunites with her Auntie and she becomes her guardian and we have a time jump where she is living with her Auntie. Did SFL's two orphan friends also get adopted by Auntie?  I mean I first assumed that the little boy (talking on the phone) is the man that SFL's boyfriend, but he could also be the man that was with the Auntie asking for food.   

Also, are we doing that whole trope where the pregnent heroine gets dumped by the boyfiend/fiancee/husband so he can be with his mistress story arc again?  

Funny that the potental boyfriend stealing mistress was the pregnent heroine that got dumped in her last drama.   

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, kboramint said:

he could also be the man that was with the Auntie asking for food.

That's the aunt's husband.

38 minutes ago, kboramint said:

Also, are we doing that whole trope where the pregnent heroine gets dumped by the boyfiend/fiancee/husband so he can be with his mistress story arc again?  

This is a daily (makjang/revenge) drama staple. Most likely. But also, the ML seems to have amnesia after being a hit by a car that Jung-In was driving, which was shown in the trailer.

38 minutes ago, kboramint said:

Funny that the potental boyfriend stealing mistress was the pregnent heroine that got dumped in her last drama. 

I actually like her better as a villainess.