[Current Drama 2024] Brave Yong Soo Jung -용감무쌍 용수정 - Mon to Fri 19:05 - 19:40 KST - Cast: Uhm Hyun Kyung, Seo Jun Young

Chingu’s I have a bad feeling, :unsure: The writer wrote Teacher Oh Soon Nam. A recap: OSN owns a traditional Korean school, she wears hanbok, married with a kid, the creep cheats on her with the SFL who was married to the ML. 
For a few episodes it was OSN’s story then a big portion became the SFL’s story. She was like the loud woman in MIAV - SFL. The show became her show and Miss otoke, the FL here, was like OSN - insipid, boring. To top it all, she killed off the FL’s kid. 

So beware if there is a kid, don’t let him/her break your heart. 

• Like 1

Is there no rule of law in South Korea? How can someone unrelated just take all the property from the heir?

I guess I’m going to watch this, but so many tropes! I got sick of the rain so fast in just this first episode.  And from the preview, I bet that little boy’s mom gets hit by a car and loses her memory and comes back as a married rich woman later.

• Blob 2

2 hours ago, tulip06 said:

Is there no rule of law in South Korea? How can someone unrelated just take all the property from the heir?

I guess I’m going to watch this, but so many tropes! I got sick of the rain so fast in just this first episode.  And from the preview, I bet that little boy’s mom gets hit by a car and loses her memory and comes back as a married rich woman later.

The scamming of identity and stealing property is a big component of K-Dramas, the law probably does not allow it, but the scammers seem to have work around. 

• Like 2

The young actor for the second lead seems to be quite popular in just a short time I think I may have seen him in 3 shows already. Anyway in regards to the show itself we can easily figure out a few things that are going to happen.

Main lead lives with his disabled mother and then finds out that he has a birth secret. Oh what a big surprise. But we can easily figure out how his mother has become intellectually disabled. Second leads stepmother has hired someone to prevent his bio mother to not come near her family. She is clearly aware that her husband might still have feelings for the male leads mother. This means that the guy that she has hired is eventually going to capture her. During this time she will try and escape which will result in her either getting injured (at this point she will be assumed dead or he will panic for some reason and will leave her only for her to be rescued) but by that time the damage will already have been done.

Young females lead I will agree that she isn’t a saint and is kind of bratty but let’s be honest the people around her aren’t really helping their case as well. Her aunt once she discovered that her mother may have passed away started to treat her like hired help or perhaps a better way to describe her would be to think of her as Cinderella. So at the end of the day, I would say they are just as bad. Perhaps the female lead could sense that they weren’t being genuine towards her hence her reaction towards to them. Still it was probably wrong of her to call them beggars. The aunt was also selling of her families stuff without permission so let’s add to that as well.

People have brought up the fact how the aunt could have done any of that when an actual heir was still alive. I think that the way this works is that the female lead was still a minor at that time and I am sure in such a case a grown adult who is probably next of kin is supposed to become their guardian and look after the child and their wealth. In this case it would be the aunt. Now if the guardian spends all of the inheritance without making provisions for the child it might be a small issue but if they can prove that they didn’t have any malicious intent they might get away with doing so.

Another thing to note are we going to ignore the fact that the second female lead was fully aware that the female lead was trapped in the fire yet she left them to their fate. In regards to that I guess I am more open minded to give the current female lead a slight pass even if she was a brat back then.

We can also figure out that the female lead is going to get separated from her current family (Aunt and cousin) this will result in her living with the guy who was selling octopuses and will help raise her and from the chart also help the male lead and his mother. This means that when she bumps into the second female lead as a rival for the second male lead. They aren’t initially going to recognize each other.

Not sure where I stand on second male leads family at the moment. I am going to assume that he will continue to think that his stepmother is still his bio mother till much later on and when his brother will show up later on. He won’t realize that it is his biological brother and he will be fighting over the company over him. His mother isn’t going to correct his misunderstanding because she has a lot to gain if he continues to believe that she is his mother. Sure she can poison his mind that his bio mother ran off to have someone elses child but I don’t think that the show will go over there straight away. Perhaps later on when he discovers that the male lead is his brother will he confront her only to be fed this lie. As for the grandmother I am still trying to figure out what role she is going to play. As the second male leads mothers MiL she is kind of nasty towards her. But then it does make sort of sense considering the fact that she may have been her son’s mistress.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Well after watching the second episode I can say one thing the ending OST is kind of catchy. While I don’t know the lyrics or understand them, I still enjoy it. Other than that, we already have a few standard tropes coming true as well as some predictions. Still there are a few mysteries that still need to be resolved.

Let’s get on with this then.

Second male leads birthday party is ruined by a mysterious shooter who claims to be the chairman’s illegitimate son and he was doing it out of revenge. How many of you actually buy this claim. I have my doubts in regards to this. Can it be possible sure. But my suspicion is that the stepmother was actually responsible for the shootout. My reasoning for this is simply that the timing was too coincidental to be otherwise. The kid had witnessed her speaking with someone else and he had started to question her about who they were talking about. She needed to divert his attention from this because if she loses control of him she loses everything that she has worked for to stay in said house.

Her action of saving his life gains her a few bonus points because people now think that she genuinely cares about him (including the kid as well). Who is going to want to kick her out at this point. Unless it is proven that she was responsible. So could the person claiming to be the chairmans son be true sure or it could be both. She just used this fact to her advantage. Only time will tell.

Main leads mother survived the fall as predicted. (come on we all knew that was going to happen). But it seems like she may still be mentally okay at this point. Since there was just that one scene in the trailer for the next episode it seems like she probably needs another accident which will result in her mental injury. I guess we can wait for that for the time being.

Speaking of her we discover that she isn’t the first wife as we assumed all along and was kicked out by the mistress. It turns out to be the opposite for a change. So, what are your thoughts in regards to her. At least she isn’t really trying to steal second female leads mothers position she just wants to live on her own quietly with her kids. The people around her are the ones preventing her from doing so. Does that make her a villain or even a housewrecker. The chairman is at fault for not being able to control himself. Oh well I guess that is a story for another day.

Turns out henchman is second female leads father. What a predictable twist. Speaking of that she is responsible for attempted murder. Does this make her worse than her mother is the question now. The mother freaked out sure when she saw the fire and tried to make a tactical retreat, but she didn’t at least try to trap the female lead and her mother in a burning fire. Granted there is no real proof that the second female lead did the same thing. When the adopted father showed up there was a shelf blocking the door and it could have totally fallen by accident. But we know for a fact that the second female lead was present during the fire. This is evident by a clip in the first episode where we see a pair of legs running up the stairs and the female lead is shouting for help. Those were clearly the feet of the second female lead. This is further proven when her mother noticed the soot marks on her socks. She may not have realized the signs but we viewers clearly did. So again it is possible that she didn’t drop the shelf and we are jumping to conclusions or she didn’t notice it falling. Yet neither of them did anything to help the female lead and her mother when they were trapped in the fire.

Then we have the people confronting the female lead about where her father was. Looks like he probably asked people for a loan or borrowed money. But my question is why. They seemed well off that this didn’t seem necessary. Even if it was for the mothers treatment. Get a loan from the bank. I am sure that they could have afforded it. Could they be the people who worked for him and they didn’t get paid. We really need an answer from over here.

At least next episode (probably the end or the middle) brings the transition of the adult actors. So, we can proceed with the story. Why is the grandmother suddenly interested in locating the mistress after such a long time.

Oh, and how did the male leads mother survive the fall from the cliff and at the same time avoid Henchman who was trying to locate her. Just in time for the female lead and her adopted father to locate them and help her out. They couldn’t even use the magic IV of life. Though as predicted she was tracked down by the henchman and she did manage to escape from his clutches.

Overall the show seems decent. I guess I just have to wait till it eventually goes downhill and people start making dumb choices and whatnot. So till next time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Blob 1

I've been watching this drama and so far I like it. Not a big fan of the ending theme, maybe it'll grow on me like the one for Secret House did. ML's mother is apparently a mistress. Not a fan of that. That aunt is also pure evil, she basically killed her own sister. The stepmother is gonna be the big bad of this daily. I also missed seeing Lee Seung-Yeon in a drama, I'm glad she's back. Many of the actors I know are here, and I adore Uhm Hyun-Kyung.

As for Soo-Jung's dad- he's not coming back, he and the mom's actors were listed as guest performers in the credits. I love the adoptive dad too. I'm wondering if Young-Ae will go after Min Kyung-Hwa for revenge in the future. I'd also like to see the ex-chairman's illegitimate son.

Looking forward to the next episodes.

42 minutes ago, yamiyugi said:

Second male leads birthday party is ruined by a mysterious shooter who claims to be the chairman’s illegitimate son and he was doing it out of revenge. How many of you actually buy this claim. I have my doubts in regards to this. Can it be possible sure. But my suspicion is that the stepmother was actually responsible for the shootout.

Good theory! It's definitely possible. I missed seeing you around chingu.

• Like 3

Adult FL is a home shopping network TV host. It would had been more hystarical if she was a weather forcaster. 

It looks like FL's adopted father bought out BoBaeJang (from The Third Marriage) and turned the restuarant into a boarding house/hostel  

SFL has a daughter. Who's the mother? 

FL is total diva that is also acts like a cartoon character. 

• Like 3
  • Shocked 1

Haha I like how the ML is from Apple of my Eye for those of you who watched that one and he played a teenager’s father and now he’s a 20-year old here lol. Anyways, it seems intriguing enough and I like the cast for the most part. Will probably follow this since the revenge one is a letdown. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Blob 1

FL doesn't reconize her cousin as an adult. Also, the extra is so bold. SML was on a dinner ate, yet she goes up to her say hi and suggest they should eat out sometime.

FL is such a cartoon character. The slapstick is so over the top. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, kboramint said:

FL doesn't reconize her cousin as an adult. Also, the extra is so bold. SML was on a dinner ate, yet she goes up to her say hi and suggest they should eat out sometime.

FL is such a cartoon character. The slapstick is so over the top. 

I like her. At least there some comedy 

• Like 1

Weren’t the female lead and male leads together in some of their daily drama?

I feel like I’m already having flashbacks to the third marriage. Specifically, I’m thinking of evil second female lead and her enabling mother.

• Like 1

Weren’t the female lead and male leads together in some of their daily drama?

They were never in the same drama. This isn't the loser husband that cheated on his pregnent wife/girlfriend from Second Husband. This is the loser husband that cheated on his pregnent wife/girlfriend from The Promise. LOL.

Specifically, I’m thinking of evil second female lead and her enabling mother.

Let's see how many crimes that this SFL commit in the span 120 episodes. She has zero so far. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1