[Drama 2024] Beauty and Mr. Romantic, 미녀와 순정남

larus

15 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

Even now her mom sold her again to the man who terrorized.  

Will  Ms Baek  see the error in her ways?  WIll She repent?

Feels like even if she does, it will be too little, too late. However, it was good to see amnesia Ji Young tell her off for not returning the money to Jin Dan. It was only after the sons got involved and got upset with her, that she gave up the money. It looks like she will only see the error in her ways when Ji Young rejects her completely. Based on preview, we see that she is moving out with her grandmother which is for the best. Regardless of who she is, it is grandma who loves and cares for her sincerely without any expectation. 

the song that @nohamahamoud2002 mentioned 

• Like 1

I am so proud of JY for finally choosing herself. She made the right decision, by leaving the toxic environment that will destroy her. I find her older brother to be a loser. His mom will never change. As long as Bo Ra is making money, she will take advantage of it. We see her treat her son as God and the daughter as a servant in my eyes. She has never thought of her daughter's pain and misery.

Thanks @Lmangla and @nohamahamoud2002   I love this song.

• Like 2

Im Soo Hyang Is Shocked By Someone Throwing A Drink At Go Yoon In

Im Soo Hyang Is Shocked By Someone Throwing A Drink At Go Yoon In "Beauty And Mr. Romantic"

Im Soo Hyang and Go Yoon are about to share an eventful meal together on “Beauty and Mr. Romantic”!

“Beauty and Mr. Romantic” is a KBS romance drama about an actress who hits rock bottom overnight and the producing director (PD) who gets her back on her feet out of love.

Spoilers

Previously on “Beauty and Mr. Romantic,” Kim Ji Young (Im Soo Hyang) mistakenly believed that Gong Jin Dan (Go Yoon) was her past boyfriend and not Go Pil Seung (Ji Hyun Woo), leading her to push Pil Seung away. However, after all her memories came back to her, she wound up running away from Jin Dan.

On the next episode of the drama, Ji Young makes up her mind to repay her debts to Jin Dan, and so she meets him for the dinner with the intention of returning his money to him. However, in contrast to Ji Young’s cold gaze, Jin Dan looks positively cheerful as he presents her with a necklace he’s prepared as a gift. Staring back at him in disbelief, Ji Young thinks to herself that he hasn’t changed at all.

When Ji Young turns down his gift, Jin Dan gets upset and even angry with her—but the night takes an unexpected turn when someone suddenly pours a glass of water over Jin Dan’s head. Both Ji Young and Jin Dan look shocked by the unseen third party’s bold move, piquing curiosity as to who this mystery person might be.

Beauty-and-Mr.-Romantic.jpg

To find out why Jin Dan gets water thrown at him—and whether Ji Young will be able to end her relationship with him—catch the next episode of “Beauty and Mr.

Romantic” on August 17 at 7:55 p.m. KST!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1682162wpp/im-soo-hyang-is-shocked-by-someone-throwing-a-drink-at-go-yoon-in-beauty-and-mr-romantic

• Like 2

Watched some of it raw. Thought Ji Young would cave but she stuck to her guns. She moved out with grandma. When the mom found out her new house, she obviously wanted to move in but Ji Young is not budging. She seems to be using the amnesia card to cut ties off with toxic mom. Good for her! My guess is that when the truth comes out in public that she was Dora, she is going to reveal that she was hiding from mom and so the public might come around to that. 

• Like 1

Here are the ratings for Episode 39! :).

20240818011220_Good-Partner-Love-Next-Do

"Good Partner" Soars To Its Highest Ratings Yet As "Love Next Door" And "DNA Lover" Premiere

The weekend drama ratings battle is heating up!

Finally, KBS 2TV’s “Beauty and Mr. Romantic” enjoyed a significant rise in viewership. The long-running series was the most-watched show of Saturday, scoring an average nationwide rating of 18.1 percent.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1682245wpp/good-partner-soars-to-its-highest-ratings-yet-as-love-next-door-and-dna-lover-premiere

Watching with subs and it is really good to see Ji Young moving strategically with her brains on. She only told Do Jun that she had got her memories back and  has a room for him. She wisely held back from telling Do Sik anything because she knows that he is a loose mouth and will end up telling mom. He is going to feel bad when he finds out but it will also make him realize how much mom hurt Ji Young. Despite what mom has done, he still has some loyalty for her whereas Do Jun was willing to cut ties off right after Dora's death. 

Grandma though being senile is really her shield and also her sense of healing. She gives so much love to Ji Young to take these huge steps of courage to fight for herself. Ji Young was also really smart in that she clearly gave partial truth reasons -- it is a fact that grandmother and mom can't stand each other and Ji Young is uncomfortable. Given the money issue, it does make sense that Ji Young has felt pushed to the point of leaving -- so Do Sik isn't surprised by her actions. By clearly telling that it was grandma's money and house, it also stops mom from moving in forcibly. As of now, she is not that shameless to push her way into this woman's house. 

Loved that Ji Young categorically stated that grandma is her family and she does not know who mom is. She wasn't moved by mom's dramatics or attempts at manipulation. Instead, she was calm enough to state that she is an adult and why should she take care of mom's debts. Basically mom's own recent behaviour is used as a reason to move out of the house as well as remove her from manager role. 

Similarly, she uses Jin Dan's cheating behaviour as a reason to breakup with him. She does not need to give any other truths like how his character is. Instead, it becomes Jin Dan's actions that led to the breakup thus leaving Ji Young freedom to do what she needs to so. 

Bravo Ji Young! Continue to think with your brains on. I fear for grandma though -- she herself states that she will have less moments where she is as lucid. So what will happen to Ji Young if she is gone? Will grandma live long enough to see Ji Young happily settled with Pil Seung? Fingers crossed! 

• Like 2

Ji Hyun Woo Comes To Im Soo Hyang's Rescue In

Ji Hyun Woo Comes To Im Soo Hyang's Rescue In "Beauty And Mr. Romantic"

KBS 2TV’s “Beauty and Mr. Romantic” has shared a glimpse of the drama to unfold on its upcoming episode!

“Beauty and Mr. Romantic” is a romance drama about an actress who hits rock bottom overnight and the producing director (PD) who gets her back on her feet out of love.

Spoilers

Previously on “Beauty and Mr. Romantic,” Kim Ji Young (Im Soo Hyang)’s memories finally came back to her—but because she felt sorry to Go Pil Seung (Ji Hyun Woo), she pushed him away while pretending that she didn’t remember their past. She then immediately paid Gong Jin Dan (Go Yoon) back and drew a firm line in their relationship. Thinking that Ji Young had gotten the money from Pil Seung, Jin Dan went to confront him, which led to a tense situation after Pil Seung learned what had happened between Ji Young and Jin Dan.

In newly released stills from the drama’s next episode, Ji Young is unable to completely hide her feelings for Pil Seung. Although she has made up her mind to move on, she can’t help stealing glances at him when she thinks no one is looking. Meanwhile, Pil Seung makes no attempt to hide his feelings as he smiles warmly at Ji Young.

Later, Jin Dan seeks out Ji Young and refuses to let her go without a fight. Even when Ji Young pushes him away, he forcefully grabs her by the wrist and makes her uncomfortable.

After seeing the situation unfold, Pil Seung steps in to protect Ji Young from Jin Dan, leading to another tense confrontation between the two men.

Beauty-and-Mr.-Romantic-1.jpg

To find out what happens between the trio, tune in to the next episode of “Beauty and Mr. Romantic” on August 18 at 8:05 p.m. KST!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1682269wpp/ji-hyun-woo-comes-to-im-soo-hyangs-rescue-in-beauty-and-mr-romantic

• Like 2

Just skimmed through raw and it looks like a bad episode. Pil Seung got hurt and is hospitalized in the end of the episode. Looked like he got hurt while trying to protect Mari from accident.

Mom meanwhile has decided to be leech and try to stay in the house. Grandma is not lucid and thinks mom is some relative and embraces.  Kick that woman out Ji Young!!!  🤦‍♀️

At this rate, I think the only way Ji Young is going to get rid of mom is if that woman commits a crime -- am wondering if grandma will get seriously hurt; kdramas have a high rate of killing off grandmom. So mom ending up in jail might be the only escape. Don't see her changing at all. 😠😠

Crazy Sang Gu, the father of Jin Dan, thinks he needs to bump off MaRi because she is the rightful heir of that big company.  He keeps stalking her, and when she plans to meet PS to tell him  of her new boyfriend, a zooming car (?) aims at her but PS jumps in to save her.  That's why he is in the hospital and everyone is fretting over his health.

Mistress Mom gave Sang Gu the whole sob story about how they were treated badly and the future looks bleak for her and Jin Dan as long as Ma Ri is around.  Ma Ri is now officially dating Do Ra's brother.  We saw pictures of a wedding long ago, so this is not a big surprise, and parents will be relieved that someone is responsible for Ma Ri.   Chairman wanted to officially adopt PS, so I hope that discussion is over now lest it be pretty upsetting to PS's adoptive family.

Wow, what a lot of ends to tie together next weekend!  Do Ra is moved to being closer to PS after the accident and seeing how injured he is, so let's watch the relationship develop even more next week.

• Like 1

Here are the ratings for Episode 40! :).

20240818234334_Love-Next-Door-Romance-in

"Love Next Door," "Romance In The House," And "Beauty And Mr. Romantic" Rise To Their Highest Ratings Yet

Three dramas hit new all-time ratings highs last night!

KBS 2TV’s “Beauty and Mr. Romantic” also broke its personal viewership record, soaring to an average nationwide rating of 19.5 percent and continuing its reign as the most-watched program of any kind to air on Sunday.

“Beauty and Mr. Romantic” was also the most-watched show of Saturday among the key demographic of viewers ages 20 to 49, with whom it earned an average rating of 3.4 percent.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1682457wpp/love-next-door-romance-in-the-house-and-beauty-and-mr-romantic-rise-to-their-highest-ratings-yet

Im Soo Hyang Breaks Down Sobbing During Ji Hyun Woo's Surgery In

Im Soo Hyang Breaks Down Sobbing During Ji Hyun Woo's Surgery In "Beauty And Mr. Romantic"

KBS 2TV’s “Beauty and Mr. Romantic” has shared a heartbreaking glimpse of its next episode!

“Beauty and Mr. Romantic” is a romance drama about an actress who hits rock bottom overnight and the producing director (PD) who gets her back on her feet out of love.

Spoilers

On the previous episode of “Beauty and Mr. Romantic,” Kim Ji Young (Im Soo Hyang) witnessed Go Pil Seung (Ji Hyun Woo) getting hit by a car right after she’d rejected him. After rushing to his side, Ji Young frantically confessed to Pil Seung that she was Park Do Ra, ending the episode on a major cliffhanger.

In newly released stills from the drama’s upcoming episode, Ji Young weeps uncontrollably while Pil Seung undergoes surgery following his accident. Although she’d been repressing her feelings with difficulty, everything she’d felt for Pil Seung comes bubbling to the surface as she breaks down sobbing at the hospital.

Ji Young also contacts Pil Seung’s family, who arrive at the hospital and fall into despair at seeing Pil Seung unconscious. With Ji Young and his family nervously waiting for him to wake up, it remains to be seen whether the gravely injured Pil Seung will be able to regain consciousness.

Notably, Pil Seung’s biological mother Jang Soo Yeon (Lee Il Hwa) also rushes to the hospital, where she joins her son’s adoptive family in shedding tears as they worry about him.

Beauty-and-Mr.-Romantic-2.jpg

To find out what Pil Seung’s future holds, tune in to the next episode of “Beauty and Mr. Romantic” on August 24 at 7:55 p.m. KST!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1683627wpp/im-soo-hyang-breaks-down-sobbing-during-ji-hyun-woos-surgery-in-beauty-and-mr-romantic

Here are the ratings for Episode 41! :)

.20240825010802_Good-Partner-DNA-Lover.jp

"Good Partner" Remains No. 1 As "DNA Lover" Ratings Rise For 3rd Episode

Finally, KBS 2TV’s “Beauty and Mr. Romantic” was the most-watched program of the entire week with an average nationwide rating of 18.4 percent.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1683728wpp/good-partner-remains-no-1-as-dna-lover-ratings-rise-for-3rd-episode

Ji Hyun Woo And Im Soo Hyang Share A Tearful Heart-To-Heart In "Beauty And Mr. Romantic"

Aug 25, 2024
by E Cha

Will Ji Hyun Woo and Im Soo Hyang finally find their way back to one another in “Beauty and Mr. Romantic”?

“Beauty and Mr. Romantic” is a KBS romance drama about an actress who hits rock bottom overnight and the producing director (PD) who gets her back on her feet out of love.

Spoilers

Previously on “Beauty and Mr. Romantic,” Kim Ji Young (Im Soo Hyang) hid the fact that sher memories had returned from Go Pil Seung (Ji Hyun Woo). After rejecting Pil Seung, she did everything she could to track down the reenactment actor who had portrayed her—but when Pil Seung found out what she was up to, she tearfully confessed to him that she was Park Do Ra.

In newly released stills from the drama’s next episode, Pil Seung and Ji Young share a serious conversation after he hears about her searching for the reenactment actor that destroyed Do Ra’s life. After Pil Seung expresses his sincere concern for Ji Young, she agrees with what he has to say, and Pil Seung gains the courage to take one step closer to her.

Pil Seung also asks Ji Young to go with him to a location that is particularly meaningful for the two of them—and the former couple can’t help tearing up as they relive their past memories.

More

• Like 3

Another great weekend with 2 good episodes.  Jin Dan is up to his mean tricks again, spreading internet rumors that he and JY are "engaged".  That causes so much conflict that PS and JY/DoRa are pushed even closer together, along with some of the other memories that Do Ra is recalling. It has reached such a fever pitch that PS  has committed to being the adopted son of the Chairman.  Jin Dan really has his shorts in a knot now, so what fun to follow when Jin Dan finally gets his comeuppance, and the final straw being he is a commoner as Sang Gu's son.  Jin Dan's mistress mother will have a lot of explaining to do, and she's already in a tizzy with the recent events.  PS accidentally calls out "Do Ra" during a fisticuffs confrontation with Jin Dan, so now Jin Dan knows the secret, that Ji Young is actually Do Ra.

• Like 2

Here are the ratings for Episode 42! :)

20240825233723_Beauty-and-Mr.-Romantic-L

"Beauty And Mr. Romantic" Ratings Soar Past 20 Percent + "Love Next Door" Hits New All-Time High

Both KBS 2TV’s “Beauty and Mr. Romantic” and tvN’s “Love Next Door” soared to new heights last night!

On August 25, viewership ratings for “Beauty and Mr. Romantic” broke past the 20 percent mark for the first time.

According to Nielsen Korea, the latest episode of the drama scored an average nationwide rating of 20.5 percent, setting a new personal record for the show and continuing its reign as the most-watched program of the entire week.

“Beauty and Mr. Romantic” also achieved its highest ratings yet among the key demographic of viewers ages 20 to 49, with whom it scored an average rating of 3.7 percent.

Congratulations to the casts and crews of “Beauty and Mr. Romantic” and “Love Next Door”!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1683894wpp/beauty-and-mr-romantic-ratings-soar-past-20-percent-love-next-door-hits-new-all-time-high

• Like 1

What an incredible 3 weekends of episodes since the Olympics ended.  I have to say that I'm pleased overall with the direction that the story is going.  My predictions by and large were either correct or at least what I wanted to see happen.  This past weekend really sets the tone for the remainder of the drama for sure.   Here's my thoughts:

1.  I'm so happy that DR did what was best for her with regards to her mom, grandma, and her brothers.  Although we know that she can't keep up the JY/DR dance forever, I'm impressed that at least she's willing to try.   If only she could have done that with PS from the beginning.   Which leads me to . . .

2.  DR and PS have had so many heartbreaking scenes but the final scene from episode 41 when PS realizes it's DR crying to her and in episode 42 when DR reveals what the Creep did to her at the vacation home.   While those scenes were hard to watch, I still thought they were extremely well done in emotional tone.   Also, I can't help but think of the symmetry between PS crying knowing that DR was still alive (episode 18) and DR crying knowing that PS was going to survive the hit and run (episode 41).   They each were incredibly thankful that the other would still be allive.  It made the loving moments to follow with them all the more enjoyable.  I mean, it sure is nice to see them smiling and joking with each other like in the best of times. 

3.  To Mr. Creep - I know you read this forum and you're really interested in my comments.  Here's my suggestion to you.   Find a planet - any planet in this universe.   Then, you take your mom and possibly your biological dad, get on a space ship, and never return to this planet ever again.  Otherwise, enjoy prison - it's your choice. 

4.  The only thing that I would quibble about is the idea of PS agreeing to being adopted by Chairman Gong.   I know that it's being sold as mostly a "business transaction" which will benefit both families.   And I get that this relationship helped get the malicious articles by the Creep taken down.  I'm still not sure I like the idea but there's time still to change my mind.

5.   PS's grandma - once again, get a life.   Stop blabbering about other people's lives for once.

6.   So the biggest mystery left to solve in this drama is how DR/PS prove that the Creep was responsible for the scandal that led to DR's suicide attempt.  I'm still not clever enough to figure this one out. 

On 8/25/2024 at 3:33 PM, msmy said:

PS accidentally calls out "Do Ra" during a fisticuffs confrontation with Jin Dan, so now Jin Dan knows the secret, that Ji Young is actually Do Ra.

7.    What a way to end an episode.   By all means, we can't wait to see how the Creep goes more bonkers than he already is. 

Get your popcorn ready and hold on tight folks.   This drama is only starting to cook!  Bring on the weekend!!

Edited by heistheway
Additional point
  • Like 2

20240831062523_Im-Soo-Hyang-Ji-Hyun-Woo-Ji Hyun Woo Shocks Im Soo Hyang With An Unexpected Proposal In "Beauty And Mr. Romantic"

Aug 31, 2024
by E Cha

Ji Hyun Woo will take Im Soo Hyang by surprise on the next episode of “Beauty and Mr. Romantic”!

Spoilers

On the previous episode of “Beauty and Mr. Romantic,” Kim Ji Young (Im Soo Hyang) finally got back together with Go Pil Seung (Ji Hyun Woo) after pushing him away for so long. However, the episode ended on a cliffhanger when Gong Jin Dan (Go Yoon) accidentally heard Pil Seung calling Ji Young “Do Ra.”

In newly released stills from the drama’s upcoming episode, Ji Young and Pil Seung are blissfully enjoying a date together when Pil Seung catches Ji Young off guard by making an unexpected proposal.

Visibly flustered by what Pil Seung is suggesting, Ji Young seems at a loss for what to do as she gazes up at him in shock. Pil Seung, on the other hand, wears a gentle smile as he resolutely defends his opinion despite her worries.

Im-Soo-Hyang-Ji-Hyun-Woo-2.jpg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1685288wpp/ji-hyun-woo-shocks-im-soo-hyang-with-an-unexpected-proposal-in-beauty-and-mr-romantic

• Like 3

Here are the ratings for Episode 43! :)

20240901045738_Good-Partner-Love-Next-Do

"Good Partner" And "Love Next Door" Maintain No. 1 Ratings

The weekend drama ratings battle remains as fierce as ever!

Finally, KBS 2TV’s “Beauty and Mr. Romantic” was the most-watched show of the entire week with an average nationwide rating of 18.3 percent.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1685339wpp/good-partner-and-love-next-door-maintain-no-1-ratings