[Drama 2024] Beauty and Mr. Romantic, 미녀와 순정남

larus

Here are the ratings for Episode 44! :).

20240901234045_Jung-Hae-In-Jung-So-Min.j

"Love Next Door" Soars To Its Highest Ratings Yet

Finally, KBS 2TV’s “Beauty and Mr. Romantic” continued its reign as the most-watched show of Sunday, climbing to an average nationwide rating of 18.6 percent for the night.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1685486wpp/love-next-door-soars-to-its-highest-ratings-yet

This week's episodes dealt with the engagement of PS and Ji Young and the many objections from family.  Pretty much everyone objected and had a hissy fit about it, including Chairman who is contemplating withdrawing  his offer to adopt PS.  More and more people are finding out that JY is actually Do Ra, and bless PS's adoptive Dad for taking PS's side when he was informed about Do Ra.  The women are all against it, but Dad has such a kind heart that he sides with PS.

Jin Dan now knows it too, after stalking JY and overhearing a conversation between JY's brother and her gambling Mother.  The wedding was taking place and suddenly reporters burst in and shouted questions about JY's true identity.  Wedding cancelled, but previews show JY and PS together, so they have problems to solve.  Jin Dan is so mentally disturbed that he seems the obvious one to have set off the reporters.

Six episodes to go to work it all out and see how the couple get to live happily ever after.  I was hoping this week would be the big Jin Dan secret, that he's not a part of a wealthy family, but ho-hum, wait a little longer.

• Like 3

Spoiler

Im Soo Hyang Shares Stunning Behind-The-Scenes Wedding Photos With Ji Hyun Woo On Set Of “Beauty and Mr. Romantic”

Im Soo Hyang Shares Stunning Behind-The-Scenes Wedding Photos With Ji Hyun Woo On Set Of “Beauty and Mr. Romantic”

Im Soo Hyang has shared behind-the-scenes photos of the cast from the wedding scene in “Beauty and Mr. Romantic”!

“Beauty and Mr. Romantic” is a KBS romance drama about an actress who hits rock bottom overnight and the producing director (PD) who gets her back on her feet out of love.

On September 2, Im Soo Hyang took to social media to share a series of stunning behind-the-scenes photos from the wedding scene. The actress posted the photos with the caption, “If Do Ra (Im Soo Hyang) and Pil Seung (Ji Hyun Woo) had a happy wedding…”

The images offer a charming glimpse of the on-set moments that brought the couple’s on-screen romance to life. They also feature other cast members, who added their own flair to the wedding scene.

Take a look at the stunning photos below!

beauty-and-mr-romantic-wedding-bts-photo

Spoiler

Spoiler

The next episode of “Beauty and Mr. Romantic” airs on September 7 at 7:55 p.m. KST!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1685514wpp/im-soo-hyang-shares-stunning-behind-the-scenes-wedding-photos-with-ji-hyun-woo-on-set-of-beauty-and-mr-romantic

• Like 1
  • Love 1

What was oh so satisfying was to see mom feel the fallout completely when all three kids finally walked away from her. we finally see why Do Sik has been for mom even after Dora's fall into the sea. As the eldest, he had slightly different memories and knew her as something other than a leech. He overlooked her gambling problem as something minor and a way for her to find some joy. Then, when all the blinders fall off, there is nowhere to go but to accept that their mom is a terrible person. 

The minor actors who showed up as cops to inform that the gold has been pawned by mom -- they had the perfect expressions of shock, pity and what to say look, as they saw a family just fall apart in shock from the dysfunction. Do Jun falls to the sofa in anguish and Do Sik is on the ground in just hurt and Ji Young standing there with an incredulous look of yet again. That scene was really well done. 

Mom thought that she will get away with it if she says sorry but this time, even Do Sik has had enough. She still seems to think that she is entitled to Ji Young's money. So I don't see her changing. She stole from an old lady with dementia. What will mom do after this? 

@msmy @heistheway ~ The next 6 episodes will be all about the fall of Jin Dan. I think him finding out the birth secret means he will not have any support from Chairman when the sponsor scandal and the relentless stalking of Ji Young will come out. So far, he has assumed that he can do anything and is entitled to it because he is a chaebol. So it is going to be shocking for him to deal with the fallouts as a common person. So, it should be interesting to watch. 

• Like 4

@msmy  @Lmangla  Yes these last few episodes will be quite a ride for sure.   As for this past weekend, here are my thoughts.

1.  The way DR finally called out her mom on all her lies especially about PS was quite emotional.  Although the tenor closely resembles some of her previous arguments with her mom, this one really rang home to me because she now has the perspective of both DR and JY to recall.  Also, it was a good sight indeed to see Do Sik finally disown mom as well.   How can one woman completely ruin the lives of all her children like that?!

2.  Do I really need to expound on DR's mom?  To reveal my raw feelings about her would include language I normally don't use.   So I'll just take solace in the fact that you all are with me on this one.

3.  How hypocritical can PS's mom, grandma, and biological mom possibly be to deny their approval of his marriage to DR?  To love and care for your son is one thing.   To emphatically deny him his happiness when he dutifully asked for their approval smacks of pure hypocrisy and phoniness to the max.   They'll really be sorry when they find out it's really DR.  Thank God for PS's dad and his empathy and understanding for PS's situation.

4.  @Lmangla  You are so right that the focus of the story will be about the Creep's impending demise.  Indeed, he thinks he'll be in the penthouse forever but DR and PS will figure out how to take him down.  In fact, I really wish that DR can personally lock him up in prison just like he locked her up those years ago!     So, Creep I know you're listening.   Enjoy your so called freedom and luxury while you can.  DR and PS will get the last laugh on you!  

5.   As far as how DR and PS will solve the lingering mystery, the only theory I have is a long shot.   Is it a coincidence that the Creep's biological dad and the actor who was paid to act out the scandal with DR are/were both in the Philippines?  Could they possibly know each other?  Probably far fetched but this a K-drama so who knows, right?

6.   DR, just my two cents.  Girlfriend, you promised your fiance/hubby that you would not waver when it comes to you and him.  Please please no take back-sies now.  My guy PS cannot possibly take any more heartbreak if you try to leave him.   Frankly, you can't take any more heartbreak either.   You two were truly meant for each other.   Just work together to take down the Creep and clear your name.  PS will not let you go this time.   

7.   And once the Creep is safely away in prison, DR and PS will do their marriage agaain but this time in front of a happy throng.  Who else thought DR's dress was fire?!  Something to look forward episode 50 (49 perhaps?).   Also, DR and PS really ramped up the lovey-dovey too.   I, for one, am 1000% for it.   It's going to make that wedding dance and kiss all the more satisfying.

Still very satisfied overall with the story arc the last few weekends.  Can't wait for episodes 45-46.   Bring on the weekend!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, heistheway said:

You are so right that the focus of the story will be about the Creep's impending demise.  Indeed, he thinks he'll be in the penthouse forever but DR and PS will figure out how to take him down.  In fact, I really wish that DR can personally lock him up in prison just like he locked her up those years ago!     So, Creep I know you're listening.   Enjoy your so called freedom and luxury while you can.  DR and PS will get the last laugh on you!

I still think they should push the theory that Creep was the one that accidentally pushed DR into the sea. Which is why her ghost huanted him after that. This is how you send him to prison  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, kboramint said:

I still think they should push the theory that Creep was the one that accidentally pushed DR into the sea. Which is why her ghost huanted him after that. This is how you send him to prison  

@kboramint  That's not bad actually.  Plausible even.  In whatever way the Creep gets his is fine by me.  I think we all agree he's done more than enough damage to so many people. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, heistheway said:

3.  How hypocritical can PS's mom, grandma, and biological mom possibly be to deny their approval of his marriage to DR?  To love and care for your son is one thing.   To emphatically deny him his happiness when he dutifully asked for their approval smacks of pure hypocrisy and phoniness to the max.   They'll really be sorry when they find out it's really DR.  Thank God for PS's dad and his empathy and understanding for PS's situation.

To be honest, I get their perspective. If we don't know who Ji Young is, then all her actions do come across as sketchy. They don't know that she was manipulated into dating Jin Dan for a while. Now, as the audience, we got to see the date as well as their interactions and we wouldn't call it really dating. It was some interactions but there was hardly any romance because Ji Young was visibly uncomfortable and merely tolerating his presence. However, to others, they don't the ins and outs of what happened. So all they hear is that she was dating and it was serious enough for an engagement announcement.

Now Ji Young is saying that it was one sided and she is serious about Pil Seung. Just the timing and short-nature of how long Pil Seung and Ji Young have been together publicly makes it look sketchy. Ji Young looks like she is hopping from one man to another without any thought or care for how she affects people. However, as audience, we know that this wasn't some sudden impulse to get together but they dated when she was Ji Young and it was pretty serious. We also know that the feelings never went away and because of mom's manipulations, she doubted herself as well as Pil Seung

From chairman's perspective, he is right that Ji Young is a liability. Her mother is a gambling addict who continues to create unbearable havoc in the children's lives. There is a kind of yo-yo where the children are never quite free from her which means they are cleaning up her messes all the time. This week, they put a distance but next week, they will probably melt with her tears. As Dora, she was willing to break up with Pil Seung, considering doing nude shoot and even marrying Jin Dan to rescue mom. So mom has this evil claw hold on her children. So whether it is a business or personal, she isn't a good match for Pil Seung.

So for all these people to see her differently, everyone needs to know the full extent of the puppet masters. People need to know that mom is a terrible person and she needs to face consequences. She still doesn't get how her actions led to Dora's death and excuses the hurt she has inflicted on her children. She is so self-centered that she cries for herself and will always try to manipulate her way into their lives and will always manage to find a way to destroy some aspect of their relationships. So for their safety, she needs to be exposed and permanently expelled from their lives. It goes without saying that Jin Dan also needs to be expelled.

Till the public as well as these characters get the full story of what happened, it is natural that Ji Young/Dora will be misunderstood and seen as a terribly flaky person. They will not understand why Pil Seung sees her differently and how he understands her.

He is not having rose coloured glasses or is in lust or infatuated with her. He is making a decision from his heart as well as his brain. He knows what he wants, he is well aware of the risks and he is making a decision with all of his brain -- only then will his family truly understand Pil Seung and accept his take. 

• Like 3

@Lmangla  Great explanation as always.   You skillfully detailed my clumsy thoughts about DR and PS.   Dramatic irony is so real especially in K-dramas.   In the end, everything should resolve itself and DR/PS should live happily ever after.

By the way, I heard a song that I recognized from a previous episode.   So happy that they played it again for DR and PS.   I really adore this song!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0-URlmqG7I&list=PLMx0W8NwsKOvmKTLTgegIbSZGRVKW-q9P&index=13&pp=iAQB8AUB

• Like 3

Wow.. you guys are sending my imagination into overdrive!!  I understand why Do Ra left PS's side for a bit, but she really needs to figure out a strategy of exposing people that is legit and gets her reputation back in good standing.  Would she press charges against the actor that ran to the Philippines so that he might get extradited back to Korea?  And could it be that Sang Gu (birth father) may have known him in the Philippines  as someone suggested?  Could he even have been the driver of the car that tried to harm MaRi and hit PS instead?  All of that exposure of what the creeps did to Do Ra makes the case that she was exploited and harassed, and her disappearance and memory loss was not staged, but really happened.  She needs some legal standing to combat the lying that may come her way.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, msmy said:

All of that exposure of what the creeps did to Do Ra makes the case that she was exploited and harassed, and her disappearance and memory loss was not staged, but really happened.  She needs some legal standing to combat the lying that may come her way.

@msmy  DR will certainly use every legal avenue available to her to take the Creep down.   Also PS will do what he can - although Chairman Gong does not approve of their marriage, he will still help PS.   Plus we all know how undisciplined the Creep is - he's due to make one more grand mistake to seal his fate.   The wheels of justice are slow but they are in motion.

• Like 3

I have my popcorn ready bring it on!. I had to binge watch a couple of episodes to understand the story line I'm all caught up now. Its  beyond me how the elders are parents in this drama .  They sit in judge of family and friends ,  But back in Gotham they have Skeletons just  falling out of their closet. Ma ri who has the mentality of a 12 year old , Grandma who is has dementia and DJ Dora's younger brother are the only characters with a full set of brain cells in this drama

Dora and PS have made their share of mistakes ,They have had a rollercoaster of a journey. I don't understand why would PS would have a wedding knowing what could happen. But it wouldn't be Kdrama without the  drama. I'm happy that Dora and her brothers broke ties with her Mom , The pain the tears and misery were getting too hard to watch. With everything that's happened with Dora and PS I feel  love does conquer all and they will be together . As PS said He's not going to let her go nor is he going waver . I hope Dora trust him and follows his lead.

JD it seems is up to no good per usual sending those reporters to the wedding . I could be wrong there a lot people who don't want to see Dora and PS together. I cant wait to see him and his mothers down fall. Its going to very interesting and satisfying. I Believe the guy from the Philippines has a back story that can clear up the chaos, There probably some skeletons in his closet too it wouldn't be surprising . Either way it going down this weekend!.

• Like 1

I still like our main couple, it has been for them that I stay watching, but the writing has really been as if they tossed in a bowl different directions and picked a few at random. The sudden wedding, which was stupid if they wanted to keep DR’s identity secret, the silly adoption story for PS which he chose because he wanted to protect DR -with his adoptive, original adoptive parents suddenly all for it? - of course the oily CEO stepdad would not be for him marrying DR …
The preview showing DR by the sea again is very disturbing. The series has not dealt well with the suicide story …oh, dearI have to laugh, a bit sadly at the absurdity, because I was just dictating this, when I mentioned the word ‘suicide’, Siri came on & said:” if you need help, I can call someone” -so Siri has more concern for suicide than this series has had. DR/JY has never had any therapy, nor did anyone even suggest it.
it has been very difficult to hear her constantly apologize and say she was bad when she was the one victimized. Really hope they are going to have some good time for our main couple to bond without melodrama and for the other side stories to wrap up without too much of fake brother JD, such a psycho, taking centerstage. They have to expose his bio dad who ran PS down, find the slimy actor who helped frame DR, get the other side couples together, and have all the parents grow up a little, not much time to do that well

• LOL 2

Saturday's episode must have been titled "Weeping and Gnashing of teeth..." as sincere efforts were made to explain how JY was really DoRa and it wasn't a snow job to dupe everyone or publicity stunt.    I haven't been in a society where eggs were thrown at people by reporters or water thrown in faces, but hey, this is Korean drama!  There were, however, a few gems thrown in to indicate we're really in the home stretch now.

Jin Dan is savoring in the commotion he's created,  and the suffering that DR and PS are encountering from  everyone, including Chairman's acceptance of PS as CEO of GOGO Entertainment.  The sparkle of what is to come is the mention of Hwang Sik, the actor employed by Jin Dan who is back from the Philippines asking for more money.  Just what PS and Do Ra were waiting for, his arrival in Korea hopefully to be snagged.  In the preview Chairman asks who was behind the press crashing the wedding.  JD is toast.

• Like 1

Here are the ratings for Episode 45! :).

20240908005512_Black-Out.jpg?s=900x600&e

"Black Out" Kicks Off 2nd Half On Its Highest Ratings Yet Despite Stiff Competition From "Good Partner"

Finally, KBS 2TV’s “Beauty and Mr. Romantic” remained the most-watched program of any kind to air on Saturday with an average nationwide rating of 16.6 percent.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1686817wpp/black-out-kicks-off-2nd-half-on-its-highest-ratings-yet-despite-stiff-competition-from-good-partner

Pil Seung is so mature and thoughtful. He is resolute. I love that his firmness is not coming out of some young "we can do it" type optimism. He is not caught up in the fleeting passions where he is throwing caution to the winds. He does not even give the "but we are in love!" answer to his family. Instead, this is about him.

The last time, he did not believe Dora and he chose to protect himself. He was disappointed in her and hurt by her actions. However, when she jumped into the sea, it broke him up. It wasn't just about guilt and what-ifs and all the feelings of being left behind. He too hurt as he had to look in the mirror and face himself. He did not like what he saw and he did not like what the choices he made revealed about himself. So in the time gap, he also matured more as he processed what had happened. 

Because he lost her once, he is more appreciative of the gift that he got to engage again with her. He is able to see her pluses more clearly and knows what it is that drew her to him. At the same time, his choice isn't about Ji Young per se. It is about him. If he chooses to protect himself by rejecting her in the short term, then he will always be in agony because that is the type of man he is. He is someone who has the natural protective nurturing instinct. To not be able to do that would be destructive to himself long term. He would be a broken man and a shell if he chooses to kick her out of cowardice. So for himself, he is making the choice to stand by her. I loved the way he has arched his thoughts to his parents. 

I also enjoyed when he was open with Ji Young that they can run if they need to later. So he does understand how tiring and terrible it is. However, he was prepared for the fallouts and there is no blame on society, the system or her. He is not angry with anyone for the way this crisis is happening. Instead, it is what it is. If they need to run later, they will but they will do it after they have given it their all to prove her innocence. So there is optimism that things can turn around but it is also tempered with reality as well as acknowledging the difficulties. As he told her brothers, lets hang in there as we know the truth. The time will come and till then, lets grit through it. 

It feels really nice to watch such a mature adult character brought to life! 🤩

• Like 2

20240908102621_beauty-and-mr-romantic-9.Im Soo Hyang And Ji Hyun Woo Go Live With Evidence To Clear Up Misunderstanding In "Beauty And Mr. Romantic"

Sep 08, 2024
by S Nam

KBS2’s “Beauty and Mr. Romantic” has shared new stills of the upcoming episode!

“Beauty and Mr. Romantic” is a KBS romance drama about an actress who hits rock bottom overnight and the producing director (PD) who gets her back on her feet out of love.

Spoilers

Previously, Do Ra (Im Soo Hyang) held a press conference in order to give an explanation on her past, but the attacks from the public did not stop. Do Ra was hurt to see Pil Seung (Ji Hyun Woo) having a difficult time due to her situation, and she resolved to leave his side. However, Pil Seung found Do Ra and comforted her, resolving to overcome the difficulty together.

The newly released stills depict Do Ra and Pil Seung sitting in front of a camera. Although the public did not believe Do Ra when she held a press conference, Pil Seung suggests to Do Ra that they confront the situation head on, deciding to star on Cha Bong Su’s (Kang Sung Min’s) live broadcast.

Having resolved to reveal the truth, Do Ra and Pil Seung go live on Bong Su’s broadcast. Pil Seung provides proof regarding Do Ra’s situation, making viewers wonder if the two will finally be able to find happiness and if the public will believe Do Ra and Pil Seung.

beauty-and-mr-romantic-1-.png

https://www.soompi.com/article/1686871wpp/im-soo-hyang-and-ji-hyun-woo-go-live-with-evidence-to-clear-up-misunderstanding-in-beauty-and-mr-romantic

• Like 3

• larus changed the title to [Drama 2024] Beauty and Mr. Romantic, 미녀와 순정남